Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2015 Spring Classics Thread *****Spoilers***** [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think Kristoff was in too good of form too early this year, pretty hard to hold that kind of fitness for several months...unless he has in fact been able to build on the early season success. Sagan and Cancellara seem to be perfectly coming into form this year, in particular Sagan, i think this year he is building a bit more slowly which i am suspecting will lead to better success. Kwiatkowski is super strong right now and he has to make a move, but most people who can follow him can also out sprint him, same situation with GVA.

1. Sagan
2. Cancellara (assuming the weather is too his liking and he decides to ride)
3. Kwiatkowski

Sprint finish WC

1. Cav

Random WC

Valverde
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Spring Classics Thread *****Spoilers***** [deludedcyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
deludedcyclist wrote:
1. Cavendish
2. Kristoff
3. Cancellara

WC - Navardauskas
WC - Boasson Hagen

I don't have any TV coverage of it until Monday morning (sportsnet, apparently curling is a big deal) so will have to either avoid the result or find a last 10k upload.....

If you go to Steephill.tv they always have a non spoiler version of all races by default until you click the spoiler link and they generally link to youtube clips of varying lengths, usually the last 10k for sure. I'm not sure how long they have the non spoiler version on but i think its at least a day
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Spring Classics Thread *****Spoilers***** [snaaijert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1. Kwiatkowski
2. Kristoff
3. Sagan

Having said this, I'm hoping Cavendish takes it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
watch me get pwned this round

i truly think the break would stay away this time. we shall see

Really comes down to picking sprinters, or the punchers and rollers. hedging between the two which doesn't really win you anything.
I'm really liking Gilbert for some reason....
Quote Reply
Post deleted by McNulty [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kristoff, Degenkolb, Sagan, Matthews, Cavendish
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Spring Classics Thread *****Spoilers***** [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:

but isn't this kind of a hedging bet too? ;)
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Spring Classics Thread *****Spoilers***** [kollac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kollac wrote:
McNulty wrote:

but isn't this kind of a hedging bet too? ;)

it's sprinter heavy, i guess, if you like Sagan as a sprinter after 800k or whatever it is.. i did leave out FC and Gilbert and Kwiatkowski....and I may well pay for that, especially FC

its more fun to go dark horse with Lobato (who is not really that long a shot) or Greipel or Demare or Bouhanni....i just don't know anymore...shorter run in after the Poggio, maybe guys stay away...going to be fun
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I always like referencing the betting odds with my predictions: http://www.oddschecker.com/...ilan-san-remo/winner

I will take a favourite: Sagan (9:2 odds) because he can win in any scenario.

A couple of outsider sprinters: Matthews (22:1) and Swift (33:1). And the indomitable Nibali as my (very) darkhorse at 80:1.

I would love to see the frustrated, almost petulant Nibali win after writing off his own chances in the media.

Professional Athlete: http://jordancheyne.wordpress.com/ http://www.strava.com/athletes/145340

Coaching Services:http://www.peakformcoaching.com/

Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Spring Classics Thread *****Spoilers***** [Everyone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is anyone setting up a group with Velogames this year?
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Spring Classics Thread *****Spoilers***** [WILLEATFORFOOD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Made one for Spring Classics

League Name: Slowtwitch
League Code: 20204356
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Spring Classics Thread *****Spoilers***** [Jordano] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sagan is a pretty solid pick to cover both scenarios.

I'm going Cav, Sagan, Degenkolb. WC Stybar and Matthews.
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Spring Classics Thread *****Spoilers***** [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Meanwhile, somewhere in France...

http://sporza.be/.../opvallend/1.2278203

Quote | Reply
Sky better sit up now if Swift wants a shot.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BMC setting up Gilbert.....I think he goes shortly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gonna be a tough call for Sagan: follow an attack or be patient. Wonder if Etixx keeps everyone together for Cav or sends someone to follow. Hincapie has a great story about how they all slow pedaled waiting for him and then made a furious push to the front.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Other than Sagan, what is Saxo doing, enjoying a day on the coast?
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Spring Classics Thread *****Spoilers***** [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Luca Paolini is a baaaaad man.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sagan should ride as "unattached".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No doubt, wonder how Oleg will take this one.

Got 2/3 of the podium right.
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Spring Classics Thread *****Spoilers***** [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some dumb racing by Sky. No need to waste energy to ride with 3 ahead of the peloton like that. Great win for Degenkolb, fantastic rider.

Quote | Reply
Kind of wonder if he should have attacked right after GVA pulled off the front when they hit the flat. He had 5-6 bike lengths and with a hard attack he has the power to hang on for the final 1-1.5k to the end considering there was not a significant train for any one particular rider. In some regards i think Sagan is more cautious in his racing lately.
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Spring Classics Thread *****Spoilers***** [Ron_Burgundy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sagan had good reason to be confident in his sprint and hold back. He was the fastest in that finale (close with Matthews), he just had no help with positioning and had to move across the entire road from 10 riders back in the last 150m. His team blew it!

What happened to Swift?! He was looking so strong to give me a surprise win!

Professional Athlete: http://jordancheyne.wordpress.com/ http://www.strava.com/athletes/145340

Coaching Services:http://www.peakformcoaching.com/

Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Spring Classics Thread *****Spoilers***** [Cobble] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MSR proved ounce again to be a fascinating race with the outcome in doubt right up until the final few meters.

It did set up well for Kristoff with Paolini acting as the dutiful lead-out, but he was out gunned by the freelancing Degenkolb.

I to wondered about the 3-up SKY break/chase and wondered what the point of it all was. Surely, they did not think they could ride Swift all the way to the finish that way from that far out? Or was it a leg tester for Thomas as he soldiered on his own and then with Oss for a bit.

Some key favourites notably Kwitovski, Gilbert and Ciolek taken out by a crash on the descent of the Poggio - but that's part of the finale of this race.

Notably, Cancellara, right there at the finish - bodes well for the trip back north and the upcoming Flemish classics for him. Watch out!

Good grief - will Peter Sagan, ever win one of these "Monuments"?

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Spring Classics Thread *****Spoilers***** [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sometimes the race deals you opportunities that aren't favorable and you take your best shot. Sky was lining it out over the top and descent....crash happens right behind them and they get a huge gap with just the three of them. They still have Stannard in the bunch, who will get a free ride, so you knuckle down and get to work. Forces other teams to work and you try and capitalize on the situation. Not ideal, but that is the way it unfolds sometimes.

Sagan continues to show he is not the rider he once was....and he is still young. He lacks the tactical skills to position himself correctly.

Ride of the day goes to Paolini. Dude pulled the whole way up the Poggio, recovered set the pace again in the last 2KM and set Kristoff up for the sprint. Chapeau.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply

Prev Next