Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2015 Spring Classics Thread *****Spoilers***** [Uncle Arqyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
if you have Verizon Fios, Bein Sports will be streaming, supposedly starting at 6 am EST. I am not sure if you need to pay for Bein as part of your cable. I have it included, btw.

"one eye doubles my eyesight, so things don't look half bad" John Hiatt
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Spring Classics Thread *****Spoilers***** [Uncle Arqyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Eurosport does seem to accept Paypal from non-EU addresses.
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Spring Classics Thread *****Spoilers***** [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've got no issue with pirated streams but I'm willing to pay for reliable, virus free feeds.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thomas
Stybar
GvanAv

WC: Sep, Terpstra
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Spring Classics Thread *****Spoilers***** [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My favorite race of the year!

I will be up at 8am eastern to watch, in the past I woke up at 6 am, but not really worth it.

I wish our velogames.com league did better. It did not save my line-up for last weeks races.
League Name: Slowtwitch
League Code: 20204356

My picks:
1. Degenkolb
2. Kristoff
3. Thomas
Favorites in the mix: Sep VanMarcke or GVA
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Spring Classics Thread *****Spoilers***** [ChrisC42780] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Flanders picks:
1. Thomas
2. Terpstra
3. Stybar

I'm anticipating and looking forward to the next weekly installment of "Excuses by Etixx Quick-Step".

I'm paying Cox an extra $5 a month for their sports package which includes Beinsports. The steaming schedule shows the Tour of Flanders Part 1 at 4am Eastern and then Part 2 at 6:15am. I don't think I'll be up at that early lol.
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Spring Classics Thread *****Spoilers***** [Ken] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RVV:

1: Thomas
2: Stybar
3: Vanmarcke

WC: Kristoff
WC: Degenkolb
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Spring Classics Thread *****Spoilers***** [Landyachtz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm also gonna venture a guess:

Vanmarcke
Terpstra
Thomas
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Spring Classics Thread *****Spoilers***** [snaaijert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have only one pick:

Kristoff
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Spring Classics Thread *****Spoilers***** [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
i'm still waiting for a) De Panne to end and b) more concrete weather report to come out. Seems like it'll be relatively sunny and without a lot of wind

Preliminary picks would be:

Stybar, GvA, Vanmarcke

Kristoff and Thomas

Last change.

Vanmarcke, Stybar, GvA

Roelandts and Thomas
Last edited by: echappist: Apr 4, 15 21:41
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And I hope Damien Gaudin puts in a dig. Massive steam engine of a man.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:
Thomas
Stybar
GvanAv

WC: Sep, Terpstra

I'm dumping GvA for Kristoff. Paolini can tow him right in.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree with Tom Boonen regarding Kristoff. If someone attacks on the Oude Kwaremont he'll have a tough time following, and if he can hang on than nobody will want to ride with him and attacks will happen immediately on the road to the Patersberg. He wasn't in the front in E3 and also not in G-W, yes he got some easy wins at the 3-days of De Panne but that's a stage race without most of the Flanders contenders. Meaning, he's overrated for Flanders.

Last edited by: Cobble: Apr 3, 15 16:39
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Spring Classics Thread *****Spoilers***** [Cobble] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cobble wrote:
I agree with Tom Boonen regarding Kristoff. If someone attacks on the Oude Kwaremont he'll have a tough time following, and if he can hang on than nobody will want to ride with him and attacks will happen immediately on the road to the Patersberg. He wasn't in the front in E3 and also not in G-W, yes he got some easy wins at the 3-days of De Panne but that's a stage race without most of the Flanders contenders. Meaning, he's overrated for Flanders.

what's the take of Flandrien press on GvA?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
Cobble wrote:

what's the take of Flandrien press on GvA?
Definitely considered to be a contender though he is not mentioned as often anymore compared to a few weeks ago. Crashed a couple times and no big result in E3 or G-W, he is considered to be a contender but not top favorite. That role is for Thomas.

Quote | Reply
Cobble wrote:

Totally agree, was saying this to a friend last night. The way I see it:

Thomas is the favorite, he will be too heavily marked. No one will ride with Kristoff and he won't be able to cover 10000 attacks solo. Sep won't win (gut feeling). Sagan won't win (duh). This leaves Stybar who I think will be the best sprinter who the others won't focus on trying to drop before the final. He might even be better off if his teammate Terpstra is NOT in the final group.

All this negative racing talk also MIGHT just lend itself to a larger group coming to the line, bringing Degencolb (sp?) back into the mix as possibly a guy who could take out Kristoff at the line if it stays compact… CANT WAIT FOR RACING

1) Stybar
2) Thomas
3) Sep

---------------------------------------------------------------
http://cyclussports.com/ - #ZeroPositive #CyclusSports
http://app.strava.com/athletes/355549
https://twitter.com/ryanAjoyce
Last edited by: aidanlynch: Apr 4, 15 7:18
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Spring Classics Thread *****Spoilers***** [aidanlynch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jurgen Roelandts
Sep
GVA
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Spring Classics Thread *****Spoilers***** [sylvain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sylvain wrote:
Jurgen Roelandts
Sep
GVA
I'm surprised not many others have mentioned Roelandts but he did fantastic at Gent - Wevelgem. He's definitely ready and a contender.

Quote | Reply
Thomas
Sagan ..........
Stybar

WC Kristoff
WC Boom

http://www.thedeludedcyclist.wordpress.com
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Spring Classics Thread *****Spoilers***** [deludedcyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am betting that Sagan wins this so he is not sent to Siberia by Oleg.
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Spring Classics Thread *****Spoilers***** [Arch Stanton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Right? Even as a fan I'm losing faith. Anyway, gotta include him in my picks nevertheless:

Sagan
Stybar
Thomas

Sep
Terpstra

However this shakes out, I'm ready with a working VPN subscription and a case of Belgian beer. Should be an interesting rest of the day at the in-laws' place :D
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Spring Classics Thread *****Spoilers***** [kollac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Arch Stanton wrote:
I am betting that Sagan wins this so he is not sent to Siberia by Oleg.

kollac wrote:
Right? Even as a fan I'm losing faith. Anyway, gotta include him in my picks nevertheless:

Sagan
Stybar
Thomas

Sep
Terpstra

i'd almost wager that he'd get popped for something should he win

Quote:
However this shakes out, I'm ready with a working VPN subscription and a case of Belgian beer. Should be an interesting rest of the day at the in-laws' place :D

just so you know, you can tunnel to Australia and watch SBS broadcast. Downside is you most likely will have to listen to Phil and Paul.

What "Belgian" stuff would you be drinking? I actually haven't drank any beer in a month or more. Perhaps i should buy a few Ommegangs for the occasion. Btw, support your local economy and Belgium and buy Ommegang. It's the schnizznit
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rare vos? Great beer!

Quote | Reply
yep, my fav out of their offerings, though it's really damn hard to pick a favorite. My friends and I took a trip to Cooperstown last fall and it was almost like a pilgrimage of sort as Ommegang was the brand that introduced me to Belgian styled ales and remains my favorite. I just checked my cupboard, and thankfully, there's one more 12 oz. bottle of Rare Vos left.

Good to know that it has a seal of approval from a real Flandrien. Do you happen to know how popular it is in Flanders?

What would you be drinking? Hopefully not a Juliper ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:

Good to know that it has a seal of approval from a real Flandrien. Do you happen to know how popular it is in Flanders?

What would you be drinking? Hopefully not a Juliper ;)
I don't think it's available in Belgium and even if it would be the Belgians will likely be biased against American beer. Budweiser has done major damage to the reputation of Americans ;-) But there are many awesome Belgian style beers here and they would definitely appreciate a Rare Vos. I'll probably have something from the Great Lakes Brewery as a Clevelander :-)

Prev Next