Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2015 Spring Classics Thread *****Spoilers***** [kollac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kollac wrote:
Soooo. Got the tunnelbear subscription and it can't connect to anywhere in Europe....too many of us trying to watch the race?

try restarting your computer. I'm connecting fine to both de Nederlands and to the UK

Cobble wrote:
Seriously tough racing today with 50mph winds and rain. Peleton already in multiple pieces. It's a warzone today. This race is awesome!

I know why you are giddy about it ;)

Though that said, may be awesome to spectate indoor, but definitely not awesome to participate.

PS. I wouldn't use the word "warzone" so lightly as they are actually commemorating the war fought on the grounds here in places such as, oh, say, Kemmelberg
Last edited by: echappist: Mar 29, 15 7:40
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Spring Classics Thread *****Spoilers***** [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sep can't catch a break...no pun intended...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you able to connect now?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nope. Sent them a strongly worded message, haha. I'm reading the cycling news feed. So much for technology... How is it that in this day and age i still can't just buy online access to ANY sporting event? I understand exclusivity clauses for big stuff like NBA etc but it's not like I'm encroaching on some big business by trying to watch cycling in the US...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sorry to hear that. Are you not able to connect to any of the countries? Also if you are using PC, you have to have windows defender allow exceptions to so that other programs can make changes to windows.

anyways, your boy was chasing down a small break on his own. doesn't bode well

-----

Wiggo abandoned
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trying with the iPad at the moment. About to give up and do something useful for a change:) it's not snowing out so I may get some work done.

Yeah, he races with brute power which makes it very interesting but not good for results.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
fwiw, the manual setting (going to settings -->VPN) is better than using the actual interface

-----

Stijn VdB is quite a shady racer. Didn't want to wait up for Stybar, so out the radio earpiece goes. When people bridged up, earpiece goes back in.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
fwiw, the manual setting (going to settings -->VPN) is better than using the actual interface

-----

Stijn VdB is quite a shady racer. Didn't want to wait up for Stybar, so out the radio earpiece goes. When people bridged up, earpiece goes back in.

Hopefully I figure this shit out by next weekend!

Hard to be on such a stacked classics team if you have your own ambitions
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Holy hell this is an amazing tactical race. Although why would Vandenberg take his earpiece out?

And in other news, the winner of MSR just got blown off the road. Epic.

------------------

- I do all my own stunts
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Spring Classics Thread *****Spoilers***** [Rick in the D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
holy hell is right. I've paid for another upgrade to get TunnelBear to work on my PC...and AT LAST I've got a UK connection. Watching the Eurosport 2 stream. I feel like I finished a Monument, hahaha.

Roelandts can't possibly do this for another 40K right?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
of course I connect at a time when the peloton, incl. my boy, give up any hope and the race is down to a question of "will Roelandts survive this?" Soudal played this one right with Debusschere in the chase!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gap down to about a minute; this is gripping stuff

will make for good trainer viewing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like Extixx' chances. Roelandts is cooked, he's coming back, and will be out the back the moment he's caught.

Then we have Terpstra going. Then Vandenbergh. Then Terpstra. Then Vandenbergh. Until one solos away. Thomas can't cover all of them.

Unless he can. :)

------------------

- I do all my own stunts
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Spring Classics Thread *****Spoilers***** [Rick in the D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Vanmarcke will attack. A la Het Nieuwsblad 2012
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thomas is hilarious, and strong. He tried to put Vandenbergh AND Debusschere in the gutter at least a dozen times.

------------------

- I do all my own stunts
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
he's so strong he checked himself into the gutter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
holy shit Paolini! Some legs this "sprinter" guy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you hear that? Clearly that was Oleg warming up....I'm not sure I'd want to roll across the finish line 8' down if I was Peto...

------------------

- I do all my own stunts
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
haha, I hear ya. What's up with the rest of the team, though. TInkof Saxo was supposed to be an upgrade from Cannondale but it's as if he's riding solo from half the race on every time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kollac wrote:

not so sure it'was the legs

I don't like the team, and i'm not so sure i like him all that much, but every bike racer should aspire.to attain Paolini's level of racing acumen
Last edited by: echappist: Mar 29, 15 8:58
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
true! the escapees looked pretty strong but for some reason just let him go with no chase whatsoever.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

it has been a long time since i watched a race that exciting!

paolini was just so smart about his efforts. i thought G would roll them when they caught him and terpstra, but it was a long hard race.

love to see a guy like that win.

i hope sep is ready to go in flanders ... love watching him ... overdue for a cadillac.
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Spring Classics Thread *****Spoilers***** [buzz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
truly. That was some serious tactical stuff. I think Vanmarcke should be due something. Great for roller watching next winter (i'm hoping i'm not jinxing myself here).

and for the first time in the five rounds of prediction, only one person scored any point, and it was one single point at that. RvV is wide open.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Clearly he is in great form. He road like a mad-man at Milan San-Remo bringing Kristoff back from the brink, and almost out of the race, right through the field over the Cipressa and Poggio, and nearly got the win for the team!

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agree with you on Paolini, he has a pretty checkered past. That aside, he fought his ass off from getting dropped to a balsy attack--have to respect his grit and determination.

What in the world was Debusschere doing, taking a page from he Valverde wheel sucking playbook? Glad he didn't make the podium.
Quote Reply

Prev Next