Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2015 Spring Classics Thread *****Spoilers***** [deludedcyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cancellara, Sagan, Stybar
WC- GvA, Sep
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Spring Classics Thread *****Spoilers***** [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Crash Cancellara, looks like his wrist is a little painful. Hopefully nothing too bad.

Edit: he's out. Hopefully no broken wrist!

Last edited by: Cobble: Mar 27, 15 5:45
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Spring Classics Thread *****Spoilers***** [Cobble] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same with Boom. He had a solid spill on Wednesday too. Degenkolb apparently went down too but not sure about the extent of any damage. No video stream at work.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
noooooo spartacus :|

hope he is ok for flanders etc
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Spring Classics Thread *****Spoilers***** [coates_hbk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looking grim for FC. From Cyclingnews:

1. 14:32:58 CET
    Cancellara reportedly said as he climbed into the team car that his spring campaign is over, and he may be forced to miss Flanders and Roubaix. Let's home his condition improves in the coming days.

And in other news, the break is at 10min - assume the peleton is just distracted from all the carnage, plus a feed zone. Someone's gonna need to start chasing a little.

------------------

- I do all my own stunts
Last edited by: Rick in the D: Mar 27, 15 6:35
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also following the live text... The break has 10 minutes..... many crashes in peloton. What do you think their chances are of staying away?

Don't forget to unclip!
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Spring Classics Thread *****Spoilers***** [Rick in the D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
if fabian is out of the spring classics i will, infact, break down and cry. I have a lot of man love for fab!

10mins is a big break, rekon they could stay away now
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Spring Classics Thread *****Spoilers***** [Rick in the D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Video has him riding after the crash and putting a lot of weight on his wrists, if they had a severe fracture he would have known right away (been there done that). Fair Weather Fabian (FWF) probably was frustrated and said it was over. Sadly if cycling was just like any other sport you pump them up with painkillers and boom they are back the next week.

Now with Boonen and Cancellara out that really changes the dynamic as Boonen always hits it hard early and Cancellara always closes down the key gaps. I think Sagan might have a field day.
Last edited by: Ron_Burgundy: Mar 27, 15 6:55
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Spring Classics Thread *****Spoilers***** [Armstronium] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Armstronium wrote:
Also following the live text... The break has 10 minutes..... many crashes in peloton. What do you think their chances are of staying away?
None, the peloton was also held up at a railroad crossing. 5' 37" gap now.

Quote | Reply
Ron_Burgundy wrote:
Video has him riding after the crash and putting a lot of weight on his wrists, if they had a severe fracture he would have known right away (been there done that). Fair Weather Fabian (FWF) probably was frustrated and said it was over. Sadly if cycling was just like any other sport you pump them up with painkillers and boom they are back the next week.

Now with Boonen and Cancellara out that really changes the dynamic as Boonen always hits it hard early and Cancellara always closes down the key gaps. I think Sagan might have a field day.

LOL - yes .... if only there were drugs in cycling. ;-)

and seriously, if Fab is out, 1 - i will be sad, and 2 - sagan, Sagan, SAGAN!!! this is what they call an opportunity.

Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Spring Classics Thread *****Spoilers***** [dsmallwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hopefully that was understood as sarcasm.

Break will be brought back.
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Spring Classics Thread *****Spoilers***** [Ron_Burgundy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
3'33" with 77km to go. race is about to get started!

Quote | Reply
British Eurosport is still showing snooker, so i tried to see what they'll be having on the Dutch Eurosport site. Cycling, obviously, available in both English and Dutch coverage.

Funny enough, the ads are all in English as well...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Doesn't sound good for him at the moment, Flanders 2012 all over again...
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Spring Classics Thread *****Spoilers***** [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Boonen was in that one though. This really opens it up. Perhaps Sagan's best shot at winning yet
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On Sporza theyre saying Cancellaras spring season is over, two small fractures in his lower back
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Spring Classics Thread *****Spoilers***** [snaaijert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup two broken vertebrae and out for the classics. Darn!

Quote | Reply
Sorry, I meant FC crashing out on a water bottle. Bummer for him, have to think that throws much of the entire season into question.
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Spring Classics Thread *****Spoilers***** [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is a wicked setup you're running. What's your secret? TunnelBear and simple online stream? I need this for the next couple of weeks. Steephill and Cyclingfans have done nothing for me without a VPN setup.

Re: Cancellara - big loss for him and fans of the classics in general. Sagan's chances going up, though. Now he's gotta figure out a way to deal with Terpstra, GvA, Kristoff, Degenkolb, and Sep...
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Spring Classics Thread *****Spoilers***** [kollac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i agree. the fan-boy in me is sad because i love watching Fab and Tomaker.

HOWEVER, you are right. this is a great chance for Sagan. i hope it comes together.
or just general craziness. the anarchy that happens when the superstars are out.
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Spring Classics Thread *****Spoilers***** [dsmallwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gutted about Fabian

does anyone have a link for a good feed? The only ones I can find have the commentary about 1 minute ahead of the video

http://www.thedeludedcyclist.wordpress.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kollac wrote:
That is a wicked setup you're running. What's your secret? TunnelBear and simple online stream? I need this for the next couple of weeks. Steephill and Cyclingfans have done nothing for me without a VPN setup.

Re: Cancellara - big loss for him and fans of the classics in general. Sagan's chances going up, though. Now he's gotta figure out a way to deal with Terpstra, GvA, Kristoff, Degenkolb, and Sep...
TunnelBear (or any VPN) and Eurosport
Carl Spackler wrote:
Sorry, I meant FC crashing out on a water bottle. Bummer for him, have to think that throws much of the entire season into question.
oh s***; that's a real shame. Always scary when water bottle bounce off of wheels

-----

Damn, Cobble's cousin looks quite excited. So excited that he thought it's CX season and unclipped ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
does having two guys in a 3 man break get me anything? ....these guys are going all in and it won't stick...dammit
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Spring Classics Thread *****Spoilers***** [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oh i see you picked two out of the three

so did i ;)
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Spring Classics Thread *****Spoilers***** [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gap growing; this break might stick
Quote Reply

Prev Next