Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2015 Spring Classics Thread *****Spoilers***** [Cobble] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Budweiser is owned by InBev, a Belgian company, but I'm guessing they're not going to mess with that awful American formula.
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Spring Classics Thread *****Spoilers***** [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:
Budweiser is owned by InBev, a Belgian company, but I'm guessing they're not going to mess with that awful American formula.
This is one of these times when us belgians look down and shake our heads out of embarrassment ;-)

Quote | Reply
been watching for a while. this ain't no Gent-Wevelgem; the weather looks lovely.

seems like a nice ride so far.
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Spring Classics Thread *****Spoilers***** [dsmallwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dsmallwood wrote:
been watching for a while. this ain't no Gent-Wevelgem; the weather looks lovely.

seems like a nice ride so far.
Yup but don't underestimate the race so far because it is constantly slowing down and accelerating after every turn, and there are so many. Especially in the peloton where guys are fighting for a good position it gets very inconsistent and exhausting.

Quote | Reply
hmmmm ... actually, they're all in long sleeves and leggings. is it cold?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dsmallwood wrote:
When I checked the forecast a few days ago it was gonna be a high of 50 or something.

Quote | Reply
Cobble wrote:
dsmallwood wrote:
When I checked the forecast a few days ago it was gonna be a high of 50 or something.

thanks. and I've always meant to compliment you on your ST name. classic!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dsmallwood wrote:
Cobble wrote:
dsmallwood wrote:

thanks. and I've always meant to compliment you on your ST name. classic!
Thanks ;-)

Back to the race with Jesse Sergent getting hit by the support car and out of the break and into an ambulance instead. Stupid incident that could have been avoided. Reminded me of this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j03obuRAHiM

Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
Arch Stanton wrote:
I am betting that Sagan wins this so he is not sent to Siberia by Oleg.

kollac wrote:
Right? Even as a fan I'm losing faith. Anyway, gotta include him in my picks nevertheless:

Sagan
Stybar
Thomas

Sep
Terpstra

i'd almost wager that he'd get popped for something should he win

Quote:

However this shakes out, I'm ready with a working VPN subscription and a case of Belgian beer. Should be an interesting rest of the day at the in-laws' place :D

just so you know, you can tunnel to Australia and watch SBS broadcast. Downside is you most likely will have to listen to Phil and Paul.

What "Belgian" stuff would you be drinking? I actually haven't drank any beer in a month or more. Perhaps i should buy a few Ommegangs for the occasion. Btw, support your local economy and Belgium and buy Ommegang. It's the schnizznit

I have to admit (sheepishly) that I'm sitting here with a can quasi tall-boy (14.9 oz) of Stella. I was looking for Ommegang at the grocery store yesterday but no dice. With everything we had to get done this weekend I didn't have time to visit a proper beer cave. We're too far from Cooperstown to have good coverage at all stores (I'm in the great white north just south of Montreal - it snowed again overnight and this morning). To compensate for the Belgian beer lite, I'm wearing my drunkcyclist kit which looks like a Belgian jersey! ;) Thanks for the tip on SBS - it's a better quality stream than stuff from steephill.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HS! that's terrible! I figured it was a clip of Hoeg-er-land [sic]. wow!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gaudin on the front! I think he's gonna stick it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
looks like an intermediate sprint is coming up in a grand tour stage race with all the teams setting up in trains mid-race. Sky seems eager to control even this far out
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Spring Classics Thread *****Spoilers***** [kollac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guys driving neutral support cars are in need of some driving lessons. Boom!

Quote | Reply
unbelievable! Must be the weather fooling them into thinking it's a nice Sunday sightseeing drive out or something...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
haven't seen Sep all day - is he still in this? He's a pretty big dude, did he fit under that banner?;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fdj look but where did shimano find the drivers - I'm guessing where I live given the stupidity
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kollac wrote:
haven't seen Sep all day - is he still in this? He's a pretty big dude, did he fit under that banner?;)
He's still there, 1/3 into the pack. Doesn't wear his usual helmet.

Quote | Reply
Andrewmc wrote:
Fdj look but where did shimano find the drivers - I'm guessing where I live given the stupidity

Now I know where my kid is spending his Spring Break. He's driving the neutral car.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

This is a glorious way to start off a spring Sunday. this is like the Superbowl for me. Eff American Football.

Speaking of futbol, Team U.S.A. in the World Cup gets close. Cobble, please no mentioning of the Rode Duivels.

Cobble wrote:
echappist wrote:

Good to know that it has a seal of approval from a real Flandrien. Do you happen to know how popular it is in Flanders?

What would you be drinking? Hopefully not a Juliper ;)
I don't think it's available in Belgium and even if it would be the Belgians will likely be biased against American beer. Budweiser has done major damage to the reputation of Americans ;-) But there are many awesome Belgian style beers here and they would definitely appreciate a Rare Vos. I'll probably have something from the Great Lakes Brewery as a Clevelander :-)

Cheers!

McNulty wrote:

responsible for Juliper, no less

kollac wrote:

I have to admit (sheepishly) that I'm sitting here with a can quasi tall-boy (14.9 oz) of Stella. I was looking for Ommegang at the grocery store yesterday but no dice. With everything we had to get done this weekend I didn't have time to visit a proper beer cave. We're too far from Cooperstown to have good coverage at all stores (I'm in the great white north just south of Montreal - it snowed again overnight and this morning). To compensate for the Belgian beer lite, I'm wearing my drunkcyclist kit which looks like a Belgian jersey! ;) Thanks for the tip on SBS - it's a better quality stream than stuff from steephill.
Ah, and here i thought you lived in upstate NY. Glad to with the SBS, and to boot, i think it's Brian Smith commenting as opposed to Phil and Paul
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cobble wrote:
kollac wrote:
He's still there, 1/3 into the pack. Doesn't wear his usual helmet.
In first group now

Quote | Reply
Oh I'm still in NY...just WAAAAAY upstate. Literally hour from Montreal. My neighbor is a US Customs agent, that's how close we are ;)

I don't think it's Brian Smith...Rob something and Magnus Backsteadt. Not bad, honestly. Few shoutouts to the Bauers and Hausslers but not like the Eurosport Team Sky jerkfest.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds like Farrar is in the group. Surprise, surprise.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll gladly forfeit my picks for a Jack Bauer breakthrough.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sven Nys is commenting how good Devolder's legs are.......
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know - the TdF ride last year was nothing short of epic. Combined with the bike toss last weekend I like the guy even if I know nothing about him at all.
Quote Reply

Prev Next