Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
Wellens perhaps to go early, with 3-4 km to go rather than on the final hill

cycling news wrote:
17:48:13 CEST
Tim Wellens digs deep and takes the win

17:48:41 CEST
Michael Woods crosses the line in second place

good day for the ST crowd. the Giro is always entertaining.
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Giro D’Italia- SPOILER ALERT [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love that type of finish, I guess its the Classics fan in me!

My online feed sucks! Tiz Cycling does not work for me on my work computer and trying a different feed but it freezes all the time.

How how is everyone watching? Which Feed? Which Browser?
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Giro D’Italia- SPOILER ALERT [ChrisC42780] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fubo when I can, cycling news when I can't

live.cyclingnews.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bit the bullet and paid for flobikes.com. I'll try to cancel as soon as the race is over. So far, it has worked well, with excellent picture quality
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Giro D’Italia- SPOILER ALERT [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Woods continues to impress--he was in good position at key moments.

Froome is now almost a minute off TD. Considering worlds and stage 1, he could cough up nearly 90 seconds on stage 16. Certainly not over yet but bit of work for him to do.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ChrisC42780 wrote:
I love that type of finish, I guess its the Classics fan in me!

My online feed sucks! Tiz Cycling does not work for me on my work computer and trying a different feed but it freezes all the time.

How how is everyone watching? Which Feed? Which Browser?

Eurosport feed; chrome browser with VPN
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A couple of observations on/from todays stage.
With Froome losing another few seconds today and tomorrows stage finish being similes to todays, I wonder if we will see
some of the big GC teams (Sunweb, Mitchelton, FDJ) driving hard to the finish tomorrow t see if they can get another 20-30 seconds off Froome.

Also agree on Woods, he has got a win in him soon, but also the difference between a well run and organized team vs a ramshackle team couldn't have been more obvious today, I would say that Wellens and Woods were equally able to win today, on the one hand you saw the whole Lotto drilling it coming into the finish and giving him the perfect lead out, on the other hand you have the EF "team" just scattered through the peloton, with no obvious plan (and if they did have a plan it sure wasn't executed very well).

----------------------------
http://www.instagram.com/cyclewise
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Giro D’Italia- SPOILER ALERT [trener1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trener1 wrote:
With Froome losing another few seconds today and tomorrows stage finish being similes to todays, I wonder if we will see
some of the big GC teams (Sunweb, Mitchelton, FDJ) driving hard to the finish tomorrow t see if they can get another 20-30 seconds off Froome.

Also agree on Woods, he has got a win in him soon, but also the difference between a well run and organized team vs a ramshackle team couldn't have been more obvious today, I would say that Wellens and Woods were equally able to win today, on the one hand you saw the whole Lotto drilling it coming into the finish and giving him the perfect lead out, on the other hand you have the EF "team" just scattered through the peloton, with no obvious plan (and if they did have a plan it sure wasn't executed very well).

Woods had Hugh Carthy with him all day, even in the final k. He even sat up looking for Woods when the lead group split. Having 2 guys at the end after that run in isn’t ramshackle.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:
trener1 wrote:

Woods had Hugh Carthy with him all day, even in the final k. He even sat up looking for Woods when the lead group split. Having 2 guys at the end after that run in isn’t ramshackle.

Agreed. Woods lost position on an acute downhill turn leading into the finish. That's what caused the split in the first place. This is perhaps where Wood's lack of experience is a hindrance, as those Belgians drilling it aren't too bothered by it whereas a relative newcomer to the sport might.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tomorrow things get down to business. Could be an interesting day--on paper it's a good one for TD and not as much one for pure climbers.
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Giro D’Italia- SPOILER ALERT [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
Tomorrow things get down to business. Could be an interesting day--on paper it's a good one for TD and not as much one for pure climbers.

indeed; though just a prelude, there should be some fireworks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
Carl Spackler wrote:

indeed; though just a prelude, there should be some fireworks

We will see where Froome really is and TD has been invisible, like Sagan when he’s dialed in, so probably very dangerous. Etna may be the end of the beginning and be the selection stage. Agreed, it’s not for the pure climbers to win.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Simon Yates has looked *really* good too. He's had no problem being up near the front to avoid any risk of getting on the wrong side of a split in the finale. While Froome has struggled in doing that.
Last edited by: trail: May 9, 18 21:19
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Giro D’Italia- SPOILER ALERT [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone know what time (New York time) race is starting?
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Giro D’Italia- SPOILER ALERT [thatzone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
follow http://www.inrng.com for the best blog analysis and everything you need to know about any stage. (timing, bits to watch etc.)
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Giro D’Italia- SPOILER ALERT [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Simon Yates has looked *really* good too. He's had no problem being up near the front to avoid any risk of getting on the wrong side of a split in the finale. While Froome has struggled in doing that.

i've been thinking Yates for this stage for some reason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Joe D in the big break up front......I'm ok with this.....all due respect
Last edited by: McNulty: May 10, 18 6:54
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
quite a few climbers in the front group. Not a foregone conclusion that the winner would come from the peloton.

Joe D or Chaves taking this would be nice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Froome is gonna go from the Maglia Rosa group.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TD punches Froome’s ticket in 3, 2, 1...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So much for that prediction, and climbers not winning today.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:

Froome doesn't look very good. They need to attack and hold it; instead they are just soft pedaling after half a minute

-----

Really good to see Chaves up there. He's been through a lot...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
Carl Spackler wrote:

Froome doesn't look very good. They need to attack and hold it; instead they are just soft pedaling after half a minute

-----

Really good to see Chaves up there. He's been through a lot...

Yates was ridiculously fresh. Good on Chavez. Ben Hermans, great ride, Pinot too. This is wide open though TD looks so confident.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good interviews with Chavez and Yates. Both gave credit to their teammates, smiling Chavez says, "We now go to the mainland and keep it dreaming".
I'm rooting for them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
on a wholly unrelated note, i've been looking to buy a new road bike to replace my 5-year old Scott Foil. My TT bike is a Scott Plasma (with the rare shark tooth stem). So naturally, I'd like to stick to another foil (despite it having a messier front end than a Trek Madone).

What turns me off at the moment is that the standard issue aero road bars on it are compact/anatomical/whatever inflexible people use, whereas I want a classic round. Seems like Yates has one of those (seems to be an one-off), and i'd really like to get my hands on a copy. That'd be very swell, and i could even tell Scott that their sponsorship sold a bike.
Quote Reply

Prev Next