Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2018 Giro D’Italia- SPOILER ALERT [IvarAlmere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IvarAlmere wrote:
I'm sorry, but i follow cycling long enough to know that if looks like it is not possible it most likely is not possible.

Perhaps true.
But Froome hasn't been consistently strong through the Giro, he's had a good days and bad days. This is a good day.
That is far more plausible than being consistently strong for 3 weeks racing.

And you have to admire his balls!
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Giro D’Italia- SPOILER ALERT [IvarAlmere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
while I agree for the most part... sometimes you just want to turn off the pessimism and watch a stage. If that's today... damn it's a fun watch.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Giro D’Italia- SPOILER ALERT [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just got the stats for the last climb, this is gonna be good
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Giro D’Italia- SPOILER ALERT [Morelock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree. This is one of the best grand tours I've ever seen.
Last edited by: IvarAlmere: May 25, 18 7:30
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Giro D’Italia- SPOILER ALERT [tuckandgo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tuckandgo wrote:
Slowman wrote:
froome in virtual yellow. is dumoulin saving bullets? best grand tour stage in many years.

IMHO he (dumoulin) is going full gas. He really doesn't look comfortable.
The question is whether Froome blows

He's continued to pull out time when the chase should have had the advantage. TD only hope is Froome hitting the wall, doesn't seem like he has the power to pull it back on the last climb.
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Giro D’Italia- SPOILER ALERT [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
in my opinion: i think TD could shut down froome's virtual lead now. but the rest of his group is on the rivet. if he goes any harder he'll blow the group apart. so it's a calculated risk to lose a little time now and keep that group together until the road points up.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Giro D’Italia- SPOILER ALERT [Morelock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is an amazing stage and GT. Lot of credit to Froome, he’s a gamer.
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Giro D’Italia- SPOILER ALERT [tuckandgo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tuckandgo wrote:
IvarAlmere wrote:
I'm sorry, but i follow cycling long enough to know that if looks like it is not possible it most likely is not possible.

Perhaps true.
But Froome hasn't been consistently strong through the Giro, he's had a good days and bad days. This is a good day.
That is far more plausible than being consistently strong for 3 weeks racing.

And you have to admire his balls!

Impossible to say, there has certainly been plenty of indications over the years that riders can also be prepared for a single day performance (e.g. corticosteroids). Gaumont way back when talked about the Cofidis (IIRC) team bus looking like a medical clinic on a TT day.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
in my opinion: i think TD could shut down froome's virtual lead now. but the rest of his group is on the rivet. if he goes any harder he'll blow the group apart. so it's a calculated risk to lose a little time now and keep that group together until the road points up.

We'll find out momentarily, he's got about 30-45 seconds to pull back.
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Giro D’Italia- SPOILER ALERT [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:

now we're going to see. i think we'll know in 5 minutes how this is likely to go. but it's a nail biter!

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Giro D’Italia- SPOILER ALERT [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:

No kidding...and it will still make tomorrow interesting...this day is going to leave marks so it sure isn't folded no matter what happens.
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Giro D’Italia- SPOILER ALERT [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is an all time classic day. So much for boring Sky, they just blew everything open.
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Giro D’Italia- SPOILER ALERT [Ron_Burgundy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pretty sure yesterday made it clear that Yates was done and it just gave hope to everyone.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
Carl Spackler wrote:

No kidding...and it will still make tomorrow interesting...this day is going to leave marks so it sure isn't folded no matter what happens.

dumoulin is one cool customer. he immediately gets dropped as the road points up, but it's because the leaders (pinot) took it out too hard, trying to drop his GC rivals.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"He's a jedi master of the controlled effort" ... LOL
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Crazy how evenly matched Froome and TD are today, guess the big question is how much is left in tank tomorrow.
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Giro D’Italia- SPOILER ALERT [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
T3_Beer wrote:

I'm calling my shot now, Froome is about to blow this thing apart. Yates will crack in the next couple of days and the Sky train will be in position to pick up the pieces with Froome delivering the knockout attack and winning the Giro.

Where's that block button again?

Just wanted to come back and tell all you bastards I told you so!!!
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Giro D’Italia- SPOILER ALERT [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Given what's going on with froome right now, you think he'd risk his career on something like that? A bad tour wouldn't end him, but a full on doping violation would, especially right now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So far it looks like reducing GC squad size has paid off for more exciting racing. This is an old school mano-y-mano battle. Tour might even be interesting this year
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Giro D’Italia- SPOILER ALERT [imswimmer328] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
imswimmer328 wrote:
Given what's going on with froome right now, you think he'd risk his career on something like that? A bad tour wouldn't end him, but a full on doping violation would, especially right now.

I have no idea, people do crazy shit all the time.
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Giro D’Italia- SPOILER ALERT [T3_Beer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gold
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Giro D’Italia- SPOILER ALERT [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sean H wrote:
Tom looks good, Froome isn't taking 3 minutes from him. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if Tom beats him to the line.

I just wanted to quote this, that is all.
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Giro D’Italia- SPOILER ALERT [imswimmer328] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
imswimmer328 wrote:

There have been GC stars in the past under the most intense scrutiny who kept right on the program. Lance had to get a back-dated TUE after accidentally messing up his corticosteroid program, and he didn't bat an eye.

Froome - clean or not - is ruthlessly competitive. Nevermind the gentlemanly act. That dude is intense on the bike, and has a barely-contained hatred for losing.
Last edited by: trail: May 25, 18 8:13
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
T3_Beer wrote:
trail wrote:
T3_Beer wrote:

I'm calling my shot now, Froome is about to blow this thing apart. Yates will crack in the next couple of days and the Sky train will be in position to pick up the pieces with Froome delivering the knockout attack and winning the Giro.

Where's that block button again?

Froome said it himself in week 1 that he was going to go on the attack during week 3...so duh!!! /pink

Fucking amazing stage. I was entertained.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
T3_Beer wrote:

Ug. I openly have Sky Derangement Syndrome, and I was genuinely angry for about 5 seconds before I slapped myself for letting entertainment affect me that way.

Still thinking of blocking your ass. :)
Quote Reply

Prev Next