Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2018 Giro D’Italia- SPOILER ALERT [EnderWiggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EnderWiggan wrote:
Wow...I need to pause work and watch this.

devashish_paul wrote:
How the heck am I going to get any work done? Sky asthma train already puts >1min on Yates.

LOL....there is a benefit to running my startup company and paying others and not myself....I guess I pay myself with the flex of watching the Giro when I want! If you want I can offer you a job for the next 3 hours and join the meeting I am in with flobikes.com....no pay and no options though!

Is Scott paying for attacking too often almost every day last week? They are aboutu to get on the gravel now! Sky asthma boys dropped their own man Pouls
Last edited by: devashish_paul: May 25, 18 5:38
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Giro D’Italia- SPOILER ALERT [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Team Kenya's South Africa trained mountain biker is chomping at the gravel....Pozzovivo dropped

Holy crap, 80K's to go and Froome is going on an ITT....this feels like Floyd in the TdF 2006 whiskey and testosterone stage.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow Froome all alone for 80km?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How fat tires is Froome using? It is almost like he is on 26-28mm range on the back wheel. That tire looks huge!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
Team Kenya's South Africa trained mountain biker is chomping at the gravel....Pozzovivo dropped

Holy crap, 80K's to go and Froome is going on an ITT....this feels like Floyd in the TdF 2006 whiskey and testosterone stage.

If there was ever a stage for it this is it.

Both down and uphill negate (well, reduce) the advantage of riding in a group. And almost all the rest of it is down or uphill
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Giro D’Italia- SPOILER ALERT [EnderWiggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EnderWiggan wrote:

Floyd did it, so yeah. Why not?
Last edited by: McNulty: May 25, 18 5:44
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Giro D’Italia- SPOILER ALERT [tuckandgo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom looks good, Froome isn't taking 3 minutes from him. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if Tom beats him to the line.
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Giro D’Italia- SPOILER ALERT [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:
EnderWiggan wrote:

Ha, just a little implication there. Why don't you just say it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tuckandgo wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:

Both down and uphill negate (well, reduce) the advantage of riding in a group. And almost all the rest of it is down or uphill

Well, I suppose if you have won enough mountain bike races, you've done a 2.5 hour solo ride off the front, so why not....go Floyd....ahem go Sky!

Serious question, do you guys think Yates took away his strength (climbs) by going too deep on his weakness (TT)? He's been flat since the TT
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tuckandgo wrote:
McNulty wrote:
EnderWiggan wrote:

Ha, just a little implication there. Why don't you just say it.

hey don't mess around with my NFL entertainment (oh, sorry, I meant UCI)....it's like watching a hollywood movie, in all three cases we suspend our belief of what is humanly possible and revel in the superhuman in exchange for a show. Seriously though, the UCI is much cleaner than the NFL and all riders have shown signs of being human, so I think we're watching relatively cleaner racing, whatever that means.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
tuckandgo wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:

Well, I suppose if you have won enough mountain bike races, you've done a 2.5 hour solo ride off the front, so why not....go Floyd....ahem go Sky!

Serious question, do you guys think Yates took away his strength (climbs) by going too deep on his weakness (TT)? He's been flat since the TT

Serious answer.

I think he consistently burnt too many matches (to use a good tri analogy) trying to gain a time buffer, and then burnt the last one and set fire to the box on the TT. He probably thought he could smash it up to and through the TT and then would have enough left to tick over defending the lead. In reality he has burnt all his matches and bonked (in grand tour terms), rather than be able to press on at steady state. You can't attack again, and again, and again, successfully, against the best cyclists in the world, and not expect to force a sans jours
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I feel like I am watching a totally different Giro from the one I started following.
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Giro D’Italia- SPOILER ALERT [noodle_soup] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's the enjoyment of a 3 week tour (and especially the Giro). Love it!
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Giro D’Italia- SPOILER ALERT [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sean H wrote:
Tom looks good, Froome isn't taking 3 minutes from him. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if Tom beats him to the line.

And now Poels attacks Pozzovivo to try to bridge up. Sky found some really good pillows last night.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:

No. You can't pace the TT.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tuckandgo wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
tuckandgo wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:

Serious answer.

I think he consistently burnt too many matches (to use a good tri analogy) trying to gain a time buffer, and then burnt the last one and set fire to the box on the TT. He probably thought he could smash it up to and through the TT and then would have enough left to tick over defending the lead. In reality he has burnt all his matches and bonked (in grand tour terms), rather than be able to press on at steady state. You can't attack again, and again, and again, successfully, against the best cyclists in the world, and not expect to force a sans jours

Yeah, that was my feeling when he was attacking constantly and having no jours sans. Froome has been off and honestly Dumoulin has only done ONE attack so far which was yesterday. Other than that, he has marked the competition.

Having said that, either Froome has ridden his way to week 3 peak, or he's going to blow apart tomorrow after today's stage.

Froome 10 min up on Yates. 37 seconds on Dumoulin,

This descent should be epic too. Froome has built a buffer so he does not need to take risk.

Pinot riding well with Dumoulin and looks like he flats!!!
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Giro D’Italia- SPOILER ALERT [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Sean H wrote:

And now Poels attacks Pozzovivo to try to bridge up. Sky found some really good pillows last night.

Floyd sent them shots of whiskey!!!

These cameramen on the descents are awesome!!!
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Giro D’Italia- SPOILER ALERT [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:

No. You can't pace the TT.

But what if Yates went 20-30 seconds easier on the TT....maybe he saves some legs and does not get gapped yesterday and is with Froome today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:

This descent should be epic too. Froome has built a buffer so he does not need to take risk.

Froome may still need to take risks if he is trying to win it all with this suicide attack. He is a great descender and is putting time into TD on the descent as well. The real question is whether the Dumoulin group will work together to catch Froome on the flats or whether they just tell Dumoulin to do the work if he wants to win.

Yates must have had whatever breakfast today whatever Chaves had last week...boom goes the dynamite.
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Giro D’Italia- SPOILER ALERT [Twotter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Twotter wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:

Froome may still need to take risks if he is trying to win it all with this suicide attack. He is a great descender and is putting time into TD on the descent as well. The real question is whether the Dumoulin group will work together to catch Froome on the flats or whether they just tell Dumoulin to do the work if he wants to win.

Yates must have had whatever breakfast today whatever Chaves had last week...boom goes the dynamite.

I think Dumoulin "bought" a TT partner on the Finistre climb. When Pinot flatted, he took the gas of the pedals and sat up to wait for Pinot. Dumoulin does not need to catch Froome today, he just needs to limit any loss to Froome. Dumoulin is in pink now and I assume he has a magic number that he does not want to let Froome get any closer to and so he can just pace with his virtual Sunweb mates now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where is Lopez ?
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Giro D’Italia- SPOILER ALERT [Twotter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Twotter wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:

Armstrong (of the good at cycling fame) flagged that stage on his podcast as one where someone would get screwed. Something to do with a hard start straight out of a rest day.

PD - yes, Dumoulin seems to have 'made some friends'
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Giro D’Italia- SPOILER ALERT [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:
EnderWiggan wrote:

When Floyd did wasn't he off the front of a peloton most of the day? Froome is just being chased by a handful of guys that he's already shown he is stronger than. Looks like only 3 guys are contributing to the chase.

I don't want to see that gangly bastard win the Giro, but looking good unless he cracks.
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Giro D’Italia- SPOILER ALERT [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom could be going harder than this right now but he wants to stay with the guys to get some breaks. Once they start up the final climb I imagine he'll go to the front and push his own pace all the way up.
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Giro D’Italia- SPOILER ALERT [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sean H wrote:
Tom could be going harder than this right now but he wants to stay with the guys to get some breaks. Once they start up the final climb I imagine he'll go to the front and push his own pace all the way up.

If his lead keeps growing at this rate he's going to be a minute or more down on GC when they start it.
Quote Reply

Prev Next