Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [UK Gearmuncher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
UK Gearmuncher wrote:
Pyrenean Wolf wrote:
The VF is inherently unstable. It is a proven fact.

Can you cite a reference or source for this claim ? (genuine question)

This review for exemple :

https://fellrnr.com/wiki/Nike_Vaporfly_4%25
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [jaredhartshorn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jaredhartshorn wrote:
Dude, cool it. We get it, you don't like the shoe. That's ok. But we don't need to hear about it anymore! Stop spoiling the thread about new things coming out by an innovative company that makes racing shoes better than anyone else better than the planet right now.

Back to normal readings folks. Anyone have updates/news about the exact release date for these, the new sets of spikes that are coming out, or the race flats that might be coming out?

Oh, dude, I'm so cool. And apparently you did not really read my posts. That's OK. And I like the shoe.

Just stating some facts.

"an innovative company that makes racing shoes better than anyone else better than the planet right now"

Yes. It was true for the last 3 or 4 years. Kind of.

Is it still true ?

As someone else wrote in this forum (probably not a normal reading folk), "most of us know the gap is closing". So we expect some realistic and serious comparaison between the various new shoes coming out from Nike, Saucony, New Balance, and hopefully ASICS, Adidas, ... (I put Brooks out of the list, having seen first reviews of the Hyp Elite...).

Don't you think this is exactly the subject of this post (apart availability dates, prices, and some basic idolatry) ?
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [Pyrenean Wolf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have to back you with the 4%. I think if you are a slower runner this is exaggerated and with the flyknit certainly doesn't help as it doesn't support your heal well and it certainly is a soft ride that feels on the unstable side. Unless you have the laces locked hard on a downhill tighter bend it certainly is a sketchy shoe and had me on edge in my first race in them.

That being said on a non technical course where I am running around 4'/km the 4% it is an amazing shoe and I prefer it to the next% that is definitely more stable. I used to look at all shoes I was buying on fellrnr and I think they are spot on in their review. When you have such a soft shoe that compresses 4mm I think it stands to reason it would feel on the unstable side.
Last edited by: Shambolic: Feb 8, 20 2:50
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [jaredhartshorn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jaredhartshorn wrote:
Anyone have updates/news about the exact release date for these, the new sets of spikes that are coming out, or the race flats that might be coming out?

So 2/29 is the date when they should be released online. I have read though that this will be a one-off very limited release. My local running store has however mentioned that they expect a wider release in March. But not sure if this is their guess or an info coming from Nike...

I also read that the new trainer shoe would only be released after Tokyo. No idea for the spikes, and the new iteration of the turbo (« turbo next »).

Instagram
Youtube Channel
Meta Endurance

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jaredhartshorn wrote:
Dude, cool it. We get it, you don't like the shoe. That's ok. But we don't need to hear about it anymore! Stop spoiling the thread about new things coming out by an innovative company that makes racing shoes better than anyone else better than the planet right now.

Back to normal readings folks. Anyone have updates/news about the exact release date for these, the new sets of spikes that are coming out, or the race flats that might be coming out?

Thank you for this.

He has thrust himself into that pantheon of other STers I so admire.(pink)

Randy Christofferson(http://www.rcmioga.blogspot.com

Insert Doubt. Erase Hope. Crush Dreams.
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [captainolek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
captainolek wrote:
jaredhartshorn wrote:
Anyone have updates/news about the exact release date for these, the new sets of spikes that are coming out, or the race flats that might be coming out?

So 2/29 is the date when they should be released online. I have read though that this will be a one-off very limited release. My local running store has however mentioned that they expect a wider release in March. But not sure if this is their guess or an info coming from Nike...

I also read that the new trainer shoe would only be released after Tokyo. No idea for the spikes, and the new iteration of the turbo (« turbo next »).

I’m really interested in the trainer if it’s better than the Pegasus turbo
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [captainolek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
captainolek wrote:
jaredhartshorn wrote:

I also read that the new trainer shoe would only be released after Tokyo. No idea for the spikes, and the new iteration of the turbo (« turbo next »).

I was told worldwide release 2/29 in limited quantities with a wider March launch. Seems like it matches up with what you know. I ran in a pair as a tester that I think were over 40mm stack height, but I'm not sure. I'll be curious how the production shoes stack up.
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw one article that the stack height is higher than 40 in the bigger sizes. But in the sub 9/10 size it’s fine. So not sure what they are doing with the runners with bigger feet.
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [Grantbot21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grantbot21 wrote:
captainolek wrote:
jaredhartshorn wrote:

Yeah that looks like a quality trainer. I bet they price it at or around or slightly above the Zoom Fly 3 pricing.

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [Scottxs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Scottxs wrote:
The heal cup is awesome. Its (the vaporfly) was the first heal cup that didn't hub/hurt my Achilles.

The knit upper? Well Nike's last knit upper sucked when I got sweaty so we will have to see on this one.

This is my worry for the shoe during a triathlon. The 4% knit was awful in long distances for me. Soaked up sweat and fluids and made running even more not fun : ) The Next% has a great upper material that did a great job shedding fluids...I'm not sure the Alpha will be a good upgrade for long tris without the vaporweave.
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [plant_based] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
plant_based wrote:
Grantbot21 wrote:
captainolek wrote:
jaredhartshorn wrote:

I also read that the new trainer shoe would only be released after Tokyo. No idea for the spikes, and the new iteration of the turbo (« turbo next »).

Yeah that looks like a quality trainer. I bet they price it at or around or slightly above the Zoom Fly 3 pricing.

Hopefully it is not as heavy as the ZF3
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [dgutstadt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dgutstadt wrote:
Hopefully it is not as heavy as the ZF3

Personally I could care less about weight for a trainer. I want everything to last a while and if that involves more rubber, stitching and material that's fine. A light weight training shoe that wears out too quickly means you are just buying more sooner or running in something that isn't in great shape once it's worn.

Race shoes, yes, as light as possible.
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [Pyrenean Wolf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep it's the right place - but they actually need to release some shoes first instead of saying 'we have prototypes'... Nike have got vf4%'s, which have already been conclusively tested & found to be faster. Then the next %, and now the alphafly's. Every other brand is 3 models behind (subject to availability, pricing, and testing)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I think I've seen the 2/29 date floated around somewhere for pre-release, and 3/15 for the official one for the alphafly?

Would be interesting to see if they only release the alphafly by itself, which means all track Nike athletes can't wear the new stuff - or if they release it all at once
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jaredhartshorn wrote:
Yeah, I think I've seen the 2/29 date floated around somewhere for pre-release, and 3/15 for the official one for the alphafly?

Would be interesting to see if they only release the alphafly by itself, which means all track Nike athletes can't wear the new stuff - or if they release it all at once

The track spikes aren’t legal they need a redesign. So they won’t be getting released.
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [Grantbot21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The sprint spikes, sure. What about the ones we've seen Evan Jager use recently?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Saw a post with a video of someone at Nike talking and said that the 40 stack height was necessary in one size of the shoe to get approval. Knowing that smaller feet needed less stack and larger feet would have more. No clue how much difference though.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [BT_DreamChaser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BT_DreamChaser wrote:
The GMAN wrote:
So how are these Nike shoes comfy/cushy factor when compared to Hokas? I have a lot of experience running in Bondis, Cliftons, and Rincons.

Ran religiously in every version of the Clifton to date. The Nike Next% shoes are much "bouncier" and have considerably more "cushioned feel". Almost like running on Memory Foam. Clifton's feel firm by comparison, IMO. Even my Peg Turbo35's that have no carbon plate; but are half React Foam/ half ZoomX foam feel "cushier" than my Hokas.

The black magic in the Nike shoes is primarily the ZoomX foam. It's very light, very soft, and you get a spring-load return boost with every stride. Best I can describe it is super-spring memory foam feeling.

Bought a pair of the ZoomX Vaporflys. They are bouncey. Weird feeling. First run in them tomorrow.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
BT_DreamChaser wrote:
The GMAN wrote:
So how are these Nike shoes comfy/cushy factor when compared to Hokas? I have a lot of experience running in Bondis, Cliftons, and Rincons.

Ran religiously in every version of the Clifton to date. The Nike Next% shoes are much "bouncier" and have considerably more "cushioned feel". Almost like running on Memory Foam. Clifton's feel firm by comparison, IMO. Even my Peg Turbo35's that have no carbon plate; but are half React Foam/ half ZoomX foam feel "cushier" than my Hokas.

The black magic in the Nike shoes is primarily the ZoomX foam. It's very light, very soft, and you get a spring-load return boost with every stride. Best I can describe it is super-spring memory foam feeling.

Bought a pair of the ZoomX Vaporflys. They are bouncey. Weird feeling. First run in them tomorrow.

There is not a shoe called “ZoomX Vaporflys.”

There is the Vaporfly 4% and Vaporfly Next% - both have ZoomX foam.

Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [plant_based] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Next%

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would love to buy a pair of the Vaporfly Next% but I’m in Australia and they have disappeared from the web site (about a week ago). Even though they are showing good availability in the US Nike site, for Australia (and all other countries I checked) they are unavailable :(.
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [brendank13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Plus they must be what, $600 in Australia?
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [brendank13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
brendank13 wrote:
I would love to buy a pair of the Vaporfly Next% but I’m in Australia and they have disappeared from the web site (about a week ago). Even though they are showing good availability in the US Nike site, for Australia (and all other countries I checked) they are unavailable :(.

Running Warehouse ships internationally

https://www.runningwarehouse.com/catpage-MVAPORFLY.html

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you! :)
Quote Reply

Prev Next