Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [brendank13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just went to order and they have a restriction on Vaporfly Next%’s and will only ship them in the US :(.

I also want to add, even though this solution doesn’t look like working out, I have had so many issues solved by posts in these forums - generally replies to someone else having the same problem I am having. A big thank you to everyone who contributes here because it is an amazing community and resource.
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [brendank13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh ok that’s odd. If you Google Nike Next% and click on shopping, there should be some merchants in your country.

There is also StockX, which I think ships internationally. The prices vary by color with Pink being the cheapest usually.

https://stockx.com/...M7ZQIBYaAujmEALw_wcB

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m sure someone on the board can send them to you. It’s not a big deal.
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [plant_based] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
plant_based wrote:
The GMAN wrote:
BT_DreamChaser wrote:
The GMAN wrote:
So how are these Nike shoes comfy/cushy factor when compared to Hokas? I have a lot of experience running in Bondis, Cliftons, and Rincons.

Ran religiously in every version of the Clifton to date. The Nike Next% shoes are much "bouncier" and have considerably more "cushioned feel". Almost like running on Memory Foam. Clifton's feel firm by comparison, IMO. Even my Peg Turbo35's that have no carbon plate; but are half React Foam/ half ZoomX foam feel "cushier" than my Hokas.

The black magic in the Nike shoes is primarily the ZoomX foam. It's very light, very soft, and you get a spring-load return boost with every stride. Best I can describe it is super-spring memory foam feeling.

Bought a pair of the ZoomX Vaporflys. They are bouncey. Weird feeling. First run in them tomorrow.

There is not a shoe called “ZoomX Vaporflys.”

There is the Vaporfly 4% and Vaporfly Next% - both have ZoomX foam.

But you’re wrong....

https://www.nike.com/running/vaporfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I also get a "The product you are looking for is no longer available" in the Netherlands.

Question now is, do I wait for the Alphafly, which might be too expensive for me, or do I try to get a next% somewhere in a local store/webshop (and maybe not have the fastest option during my april marathon)....
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [Cnasta] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cnasta wrote:
I also get a "The product you are looking for is no longer available" in the Netherlands.

Question now is, do I wait for the Alphafly, which might be too expensive for me, or do I try to get a next% somewhere in a local store/webshop (and maybe not have the fastest option during my april marathon)....

Be careful when you buy them. I had to get Next% one size up. My size was too tight. Some people say fit perfectly and some say they went one size up. Try them first if you can.
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
s13tx wrote:
Cnasta wrote:

Be careful when you buy them. I had to get Next% one size up. My size was too tight. Some people say fit perfectly and some say they went one size up. Try them first if you can.

Thnx for the advice. I guess I can go by the sizing of the Zoom Fly 3 (which is larger than the model before that, the Zoom Fly flyknit)... Or is the sizing of the Next% not the samen as the Zoom 3?
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [Cnasta] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In my experience the Next% fits tighter than the ZF3
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [Laurens4790] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thnx, guess I'll order 2 pairs and will send 1 pair back :) Just which the pricing of the Alphafly was known :)
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [Grantbot21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grantbot21 wrote:
plant_based wrote:
The GMAN wrote:
BT_DreamChaser wrote:
The GMAN wrote:
So how are these Nike shoes comfy/cushy factor when compared to Hokas? I have a lot of experience running in Bondis, Cliftons, and Rincons.

Ran religiously in every version of the Clifton to date. The Nike Next% shoes are much "bouncier" and have considerably more "cushioned feel". Almost like running on Memory Foam. Clifton's feel firm by comparison, IMO. Even my Peg Turbo35's that have no carbon plate; but are half React Foam/ half ZoomX foam feel "cushier" than my Hokas.

The black magic in the Nike shoes is primarily the ZoomX foam. It's very light, very soft, and you get a spring-load return boost with every stride. Best I can describe it is super-spring memory foam feeling.

Bought a pair of the ZoomX Vaporflys. They are bouncey. Weird feeling. First run in them tomorrow.

There is not a shoe called “ZoomX Vaporflys.”

There is the Vaporfly 4% and Vaporfly Next% - both have ZoomX foam.

But you’re wrong....

https://www.nike.com/running/vaporfly

That’s the Vaporfly Next%

If you said you liked running in Vaporflys, it is only referring to the series of shoes, not a specific shoe. There are multiple types of Vaporflys.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cnasta wrote:
s13tx wrote:
Cnasta wrote:

Thnx for the advice. I guess I can go by the sizing of the Zoom Fly 3 (which is larger than the model before that, the Zoom Fly flyknit)... Or is the sizing of the Next% not the samen as the Zoom 3?

I have 3 pairs of Nike shoes and they are Pegasus Turbo, Vaporfly 4% and Next%.
I wear men's size 8.5. Pegasus Turbo and 4% fit perfectly, but Next% was so tight my toe was hitting the end, so I had to get size 9.
I didn't like that, but I had no choice. If you go to Youtube and watch reviews on Next%, you will see some people got one size up.
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
s13tx wrote:
Cnasta wrote:
s13tx wrote:
Cnasta wrote:

I wear men's size 8.5. Pegasus Turbo and 4% fit perfectly, but Next% was so tight my toe was hitting the end, so I had to get size 9.
I didn't like that, but I had no choice. If you go to Youtube and watch reviews on Next%, you will see some people got one size up.

Yeah same feeling for me in Next%. The 4% were perfect at 11.5 with the Flyknit alleviating any tightness.

I got the Next% in 11.5 and it tapers down towards the edges with little give and was tight on the top too. It felt too tight standing in them with socks. I found the thinnest ultra thin sock I could find and they feel ok running. I am doing a 26.2 race on 3/15 and will have to see how they turn out. I really didn’t want to 1/2 size up in these - I hope it’s ok. I almost sent them back, but then read reviews that they stretch a little over time so am banking on a slight break in period.

I really love all of Nike’s Flyknits though. I’ve had the Flyknit Racers, Flyknit Mariahs, and my training shoe is the Zoom Fly Flyknit. I wish they would just make another iteration of Zoom X foam with the Flyknit. I can’t imagine how hard it’s going to be getting on these Next% properly in a Tri. The 4%s were just slip ons for me.

Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [plant_based] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
plant_based wrote:
s13tx wrote:
Cnasta wrote:
s13tx wrote:
Cnasta wrote:

Yeah same feeling for me in Next%. The 4% were perfect at 11.5 with the Flyknit alleviating any tightness.

I got the Next% in 11.5 and it tapers down towards the edges with little give and was tight on the top too. It felt too tight standing in them with socks. I found the thinnest ultra thin sock I could find and they feel ok running. I am doing a 26.2 race on 3/15 and will have to see how they turn out. I really didn’t want to 1/2 size up in these - I hope it’s ok. I almost sent them back, but then read reviews that they stretch a little over time so am banking on a slight break in period.

I really love all of Nike’s Flyknits though. I’ve had the Flyknit Racers, Flyknit Mariahs, and my training shoe is the Zoom Fly Flyknit. I wish they would just make another iteration of Zoom X foam with the Flyknit. I can’t imagine how hard it’s going to be getting on these Next% properly in a Tri. The 4%s were just slip ons for me.

I'll chime in as well since I wish I had seen this info before purchasing: I also found the Next % to run a half size small; a little short in length and a very low toe box. Figured I could go the thin sock route as well, but for $365 CAD I want shoes that fit perfectly :)
Last edited by: re-fresh: Feb 11, 20 9:57
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Weird- I tend to prefer the Next's fit (except for the offset tongue). I really prefer the thread and lower design on the Next.

I am glad my local running shop gets them, as trying them on helps. Well, not my checking account. . .
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [hadukla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hadukla wrote:
rcmioga wrote:
I feel like I want this. Any sense of its legality for IM branded races?

I'll bet anything WTC never considers banning this. The only way that may happen is if the PTO actually does take-over WTC.

The only reason I can see would be that Hoka sponsors the run course at the world chanmps (as we all know). Might they get sick of seeing 7 out of 10 runners wearing their competitor?

Caveat: I don’t know the actual numbers.

I wore my Vaporflys for my run today and it was like a vacation over my Hokas.

Dan Mayberry
Amateur a lot of things, professional a few things.
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [Broken Leg Guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Broken Leg Guy wrote:
And people say Hokas are ugly...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wear an 8.5 in the zoom Fly 3 and a 9 in the next%
I have been wearing Brooks forever and run in the various Launch models and wear a 9.5 in those.

Shoe sizes are messed up - always try on if you can before buying.
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [HoustonTri(er)] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HoustonTri(er) wrote:
I have been wearing Brooks forever and run in the various Launch models and wear a 9.5 in those.

I’m by no means a shoe construction expert but it’s how they measure the lasts the shoe are on. If everyone remembers not to long ago, flats were always like 1 or 1.5 sizes smaller than the trainers.

I was at the expo for Miami international tri and was talking to I think the guys from saucony and asked them about it that’s when they brought up the last situation. I then asked if that’s the case why don’t you just re number the lasts so they fit the same shoe size across all the running shoes. You would have thought I had three heads with that suggestion.
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [jaredhartshorn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jaredhartshorn wrote:
Yeah, I think I've seen the 2/29 date floated around somewhere for pre-release, and 3/15 for the official one for the alphafly?

Would be interesting to see if they only release the alphafly by itself, which means all track Nike athletes can't wear the new stuff - or if they release it all at once

It looks like I could have these in time for St George. Shoes this pricey I would look at as race shoes only with a couple break in runs before. Anyone disagree and would use as a daily trainer?
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [CP78] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Probably not - the pro's I've talked to who use the shoes (Cam brown for one) have said not to run in then everyday. I'm gonna take their advice. Not sure if it'll apply to this shoe, but it probably will. It's also not good to use one this expensive day in/day out like you said!
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [cxrider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
does anyone know the time in which these shoes are going to be available tomorrow in the NRC app? only option is to wait and be notified to the mobile number?

Once shoes are available I assume it's just a matter of going to "My Running Shop" in the menu and those will be there?

Have read some comments that need to go half a size down with these shoes, any additional info on that?
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [HoustonTri(er)] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HoustonTri(er) wrote:

I wear a 11.5 in the Zoom Fly 3 and they feel great, but have 11.5 in the Next% and its pretty tight. I could send them back.

Do you like the Zoom Fly 3 or Next% better?

Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [pabloarc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’ve heard rumors that we’ll see a lot of the Nike pros running in next%, not alphafly on Sunday. I was all aboard the train trying to get a pair of these but now I am not sure.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
plant_based wrote:
HoustonTri(er) wrote:

I wear a 11.5 in the Zoom Fly 3 and they feel great, but have 11.5 in the Next% and its pretty tight. I could send them back.

Do you like the Zoom Fly 3 or Next% better?

Shoes sizes are really messed up. They are not consistent. I tried three different pairs with same size and one of them felt less tight than other two. There’s a slight variation so be careful when you buy Next%. Half of the people say true to the size and the other half say go for one size up.
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sean H wrote:
I’ve heard rumors that we’ll see a lot of the Nike pros running in next%, not alphafly on Sunday. I was all aboard the train trying to get a pair of these but now I am not sure.

You don’t do anything new on the race day so that totally makes sense. No matter how good they are I would be hesitant to run in them without any training.
Quote Reply

Prev Next