Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will be damned!! Lionel Sanders ran with Nike. Don't know what happened to Sketchers sponsorship with him.
This video was just uploaded 22 min ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b11tj7RAEc0
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [alltom1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had my first run in a pair of Tempo Next% yesterday morning. Track session and did just over 9kms.

Great to run in. Really like them. Quite different to the two pairs of Air Zoom Pegasus shoes I have. Am looking forward to putting ore KMs into them.

One thing that is interesting - they’re not very stable just standing in them or walking. But when you run they’re great.

Considering the race versions now as well. Apparently the Tempos are more of a training shoe.

I ride:
Cervelo - P-Series/R3
GT - Sensor Carbon Expert

Supporters - Flo Cycling, Mount Bikes
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [BayDad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BayDad wrote:
I had my first run in a pair of Tempo Next% yesterday morning. Track session and did just over 9kms.

Great to run in. Really like them. Quite different to the two pairs of Air Zoom Pegasus shoes I have. Am looking forward to putting ore KMs into them.

One thing that is interesting - they’re not very stable just standing in them or walking. But when you run they’re great.

Considering the race versions now as well. Apparently the Tempos are more of a training shoe.

Curious to see how they hold up - I had a pair for exactly 1 treadmill run. They felt awesome (currently train in peg turbo/ZF3 and race in next %)however the left shoe developed a horrible squeak halfway through the run. It continued to squeak as I walked which I determined came from the “AirPod”. I sent them back to Nike for a refund.
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [bluesmachine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bluesmachine wrote:
They are not as quick to get on as the Next %’s or Vfly’s (pre-next)
Agree here... I have both the Vaporfly and Alphafly shoes and for my foot... a little wide the Alphafly definitely slips on a lot easier vs. Vaporfly. The Vaporfly is thin material with little to no give vs. the Alphafly being a little stretchy.

Having had a recent bout with Plantar Fasciitis I'm using the VF as my training shoe and will be racing in the Alphafly.

I was skeptical about these Nike shoes but they're definitely a step up and my foot appreciates the stack height on them. Otherwise they're both great shoes, really impressed with them outside of the price and availability.
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [alltom1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
alltom1 wrote:
First run in new Alphaflys - 15mi on mostly level asphalt. Nothing new to add to the conversation: very cushy and noticeably less fatigue at the end of the set. But, I must have clipped my ankle 25 times with inner edge of the shoe on the other foot. No joke, it really started to smart the last few strikes and definitely gonna be good and bruised tomorrow. Worth it, I guess..
enricobraglia wrote:
Fantastic shoes these Alphafly, they give almost 10” per km! But I have a very big problem: the shoes are wide and I tend to touch my ankles with the carbon soles. Result: I cut my ankles !!

Wonder how many others this is affecting. I have put several more runs in my AF and have the same issue. I love the way these shoes feel on, the way they feel when pushing tempo, the way I still feel fully charged after a run, etc. But......These suckers are slicing my ankles open! I get back from my run with bloodied ankles every time I have run with them and don't quite understand why it is only these shoes. I don't have this issue in any of the other shoes in my rotation (VF Next%, VF 4% Flyknit, Peg Turbo 2, Sacuony Endorphin Speed). I really like the shoes but I'm thinking I might just stick with the VF since it feels to be very close to the AF and won't assault me when running.

Cheers, Ray
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [TX83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Somehow I missed this AF thread when I started a new thread about my own somewhat disappointing experience with the AFs. I'm pasting it below with the update that I have now done two runs in my AFs-- a six-mile pace run and a long 20-mile run. In both cases I found the prominent arch annoying and had a sense that the shoe did not fit my foot, but it did not get worse as the run progressed or create any pain. It was just there. During the long run I did feel that the springiness preserved my quads and I could have run the late miles faster if so inclined. I'm still debating whether to use them during my IM or whether to stick with the more familiar Hoka One One. I'd love to experiment with the VFs and the Saucony Endorphin Pros, but there's only so many pairs of high end shoes I can buy before my spouse starts to question her life decisions.

Alphafly arch not that comfortable: Triathlon Forum: Slowtwitch Forums
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [Changpao] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I prefer the next% over the AF. Not even close.
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [Changpao] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Similar experience for me. My first AF run was yesterday - 5 mile shakedown cruise. Mid-run I too noticed the high arch support and my arches not being completely simpatico. First though was, this could become hellish for 70.3 or IM run but jury is still out. Last 2 miles of the run I would say I kind of settled into the shoes and arches seemed ok. Will be curious to see what happens on a longer run. I will say, though, they are fast shoes! (for context, I have the VF next% and the VF 4% older models as well)

tinman
Quote Reply

Prev Next