Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [TX83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TX83 wrote:
I would NOT use eBay. I have bought several pairs through StockX.

That's right. Don't use eBay. I think fake ones are out there now. If you want to buy a pair on eBay, ask for the receipt. They usually can present it for you.
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
jrielley wrote:
Not the next % because I only have like 50 on them but I have over 300 on my original vaporfly and 200 on the flyknits and I would guess the Next will get more mileage because of the differences on the sole. Both of my older pairs have some pop and I use them for tempo/long runs and legs still feel good.

were you aware of the drop off in effectiveness of those shoes?

No kidding man . . . I was just running along on my long run in a pair of these shoes, nice EZ 6min/mile pace cause these shoes were just springing me along, then BAM . . . all of a sudden it was like they were concrete blocks. I couldn't go faster than 9min/mile. Don't put a step beyond 75.6 miles on these shoes or else!

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [jrielley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jrielley wrote:
ericMPro wrote:
jrielley wrote:
Not the next % because I only have like 50 on them but I have over 300 on my original vaporfly and 200 on the flyknits and I would guess the Next will get more mileage because of the differences on the sole. Both of my older pairs have some pop and I use them for tempo/long runs and legs still feel good.

Yup. That is why less than 50 miles in the Next%. Those are race shoes. Each pair gives me a year of races then move to training shoes. No races this year so Next% have been sitting in a box outside of a 5k TT I did a few weeks ago. The older pairs do not have as much pop or spring but still better than pretty much any other shoe in my rotation (including Turbo II and ZF3, getting GOrun Razor 3s today to test out as well).

And if races happen next year I will get a new pair of Next%/Alphas for next summer/fall and rotate current Next% to training shoe.

I am more curious about whether the zoom fly has a similar effect on "saving" legs, even if it isn't as good as vaporfly, and then how long the effectiveness lasts on those. I have two pairs of the zoomfly and did run a track 10k last week and felt great the next day so I suppose so but that was only the second time I ran in those shoes.

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [hadukla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think they do. I basically only do long runs/tempo/interval runs in my turbos, zf3, or vaporflys now. And legs don’t feel too beat yo the next day. Did that all last year when I was running 60+ mpw leading up to Chicago with the same feeling. Could be placebo now but even if it’s in my head I’ll stick with it!

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [hadukla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, it’s the foam not the plate that saves your legs. Peg Turbos are ok for this, but have less of the foam, so not as great.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hadukla wrote:
jrielley wrote:
ericMPro wrote:
jrielley wrote:

Yup. That is why less than 50 miles in the Next%. Those are race shoes. Each pair gives me a year of races then move to training shoes. No races this year so Next% have been sitting in a box outside of a 5k TT I did a few weeks ago. The older pairs do not have as much pop or spring but still better than pretty much any other shoe in my rotation (including Turbo II and ZF3, getting GOrun Razor 3s today to test out as well).

And if races happen next year I will get a new pair of Next%/Alphas for next summer/fall and rotate current Next% to training shoe.

I am more curious about whether the zoom fly has a similar effect on "saving" legs, even if it isn't as good as vaporfly, and then how long the effectiveness lasts on those. I have two pairs of the zoomfly and did run a track 10k last week and felt great the next day so I suppose so but that was only the second time I ran in those shoes.

I tried a run in the zoom fly's, and they were not like the vapors, not in terms of spring nor saving the legs, IMHO.
I've done a couple runs in the Saucony Endorphins, those I think are pretty good, not as good as the vapors, but good and I think they do use some of the same foam.
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericlambi wrote:
No, it’s the foam not the plate that saves your legs. Peg Turbos are ok for this, but have less of the foam, so not as great.

This, I tried the Zoom Fly 3 and they were too stiff, hurt my feet and legs so returned them after 2 runs. Went back to using my Peg Turbos for long and tempo runs.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [JackStraw13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JackStraw13 wrote:
ericlambi wrote:

This, I tried the Zoom Fly 3 and they were too stiff, hurt my feet and legs so returned them after 2 runs. Went back to using my Peg Turbos for long and tempo runs.

Have you tried the Saucony Endorphins? A good friend is also a huge fan of the Peg Turbos, and he has recently ditched them for the Endorphins.
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the endorphin pro and ran in them all last week. Stiffer and doesn't have as much pop as VF or next. I think the first and second version of VF had the best foam. I'm not sure about the next. Endorphin feel pretty harsh.
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [tri@thlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tri@thlete wrote:
I have the endorphin pro and ran in them all last week. Stiffer and doesn't have as much pop as VF or next. I think the first and second version of VF had the best foam. I'm not sure about the next. Endorphin feel pretty harsh.

I have the endorphin pro and agree w/ you that it’s stiffer for sure and not spongy like the VF, but I like them quite a lot and think they may be as fast or faster, for me anyway. They feel much more normal/stable compared to the VF/next, which I appreciate. But I’m a little less certain that they’d seem amazing on the back half of a marathon compared to the VF.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Am I looking in a wrong spot or did the Alphafly disappeared from Nike.com shop? https://www.nike.com/...v7jz9yd9aznik1zy7okN
Only Vaporfly remain.
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [ask77nl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They typically pull them from the store when they are completely sold out

Cheers, Ray
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:
JackStraw13 wrote:
ericlambi wrote:

Have you tried the Saucony Endorphins? A good friend is also a huge fan of the Peg Turbos, and he has recently ditched them for the Endorphins.

No, haven’t run in anything other than Nike in 8 years.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed on stability. Platform is a little wider and less spongy so forces your foot to stay pretty stable. Next and VF take a little time to get used to and I can see why people have Achilles or calf issues because of the sponginess
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How this order work? Luckily, I was able to place an order on 8/13, but no emails or communications from Nike at all. I logged into my account, but order is not there.
Well, when I placed an order it wasn't actual order though. It said 'Get in line'. Anyone know how this thing work?
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You probably didn’t get them.
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [Grantbot21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grantbot21 wrote:
You probably didn’t get them.

Their website sucks then. It didn't give me any errors or notification when I hit place order button.
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
s13tx wrote:
How this order work? Luckily, I was able to place an order on 8/13, but no emails or communications from Nike at all. I logged into my account, but order is not there.
Well, when I placed an order it wasn't actual order though. It said 'Get in line'. Anyone know how this thing work?

If you logged on at 10am (ET) and selected a size and ordered, you were given the "you are in line" confirmation. If you were able to get a pair that would change to "you got them!". If not, you got something like "sorry but you didn't get them". You would see this on the shoe's page and it also said it would take a few minutes to let you know. You would have known in just a couple minutes. You won't get an email confirmation that you didn't "win". You would have seen it on the shoe product page or your account ORDERS page. FYI....you weren't placing an order, you were queueing up to get the opportunity to order them. They asked for payment, etc, to make sure you were legit and could be charged if you "win" to opportunity to get a pair.

Cheers, Ray
Last edited by: TX83: Aug 18, 20 8:24
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FYI - Alphafly will be available tomorrow morning (8/27) at 7am PDT/10 am EDT at Dick's Sporting Goods and Eastbay.

Links:

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/...ear-release-calendar

https://www.eastbay.com/product/~/I9925100.html

Good luck, you'll be battling the hypebeasts and bots.
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [craigj532] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [plant_based] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That white color on Eastbay though idk - I like the Black Green better ... sucks there is no choice? I wonder if Dick's is the same inventory.

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [craigj532] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Curious if anyone knows the release date for the Next% Tempo that is set to release "soon"?
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [HoustonTri(er)] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i randomly scored a pair of the Alphaflys a couple weeks ago. Went into a small running shop for a hat, and left with some expensive shoes! no plans for a marathon or a race at the moment but couldnt pass up the chance! did they come out with the trainers yet? what are most people using as trainers to somewhat mimic these? the Pegasus turbos?
Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seemed a lot more available than last time at Dick's . . . First release I placed my order within a minute and was not able to buy them. This time I placed the order, realized I accidentally ordered W8 instead of M8 in my haste, chatted with Dick's to cancel the order, and placed a new order around 10:15.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [cxrider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just purchased a couple pairs this morning at my local running store of the new White/Red Alphafly color way. Sounds like it will be another limited run by Nike. Let me know if anyone is still having a hard time getting their hands on some and I might be able to get more before they sell out.

Timothy Winslow
Quote Reply

Prev Next