Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [Renner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Renner wrote:
Curious if anyone knows the release date for the Next% Tempo that is set to release "soon"?

If they're going to follow the same protocol for alphafly, the best way to know is to sign up for the nike plus app and get notified, you may have to enter some shit like interest in running or something. Even then, unless you know someone on the inside of the inside (i.e. not like an HR guy at Nike but an actual marketer or product person), that's the earliest anyone will know of release dates. Same way they release sneakers, really. That's how they hook you into the marketing hype!

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [plant_based] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
plant_based wrote:
That white color on Eastbay though idk - I like the Black Green better ... sucks there is no choice? I wonder if Dick's is the same inventory.

I am surprised they released this colorway as I thought it was going to be the main Tokyo theme. Perhaps with a whole new year they are just going to have to come up with a new theme & colorway. Myself I actually prefer the white with the contrasting popping colors. I mean given you probably can only wear these shoes like twice, they won't get that dirty

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thought same thing but I live in Brooklyn and the shop down the street just got a few in that sold out immediately, but not before I got a pair. It may look unstructured but it’s as firm or firmer a heel hold than my brooks adrenaline pounder. The design is exceeding my expectations TBH. Just reading on this and the current and future legality is still a little murky. Is the alphafly next% legal for IM, or should I bail and sell this to the neighborhood nyc sneaker head? They are in the closet until racing resumes again for me...
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [rbaldwin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rbaldwin wrote:
Is the alphafly next% legal for IM

As far as I know, they are legal. They've reached the maximum height, so that's it. Shoe manufacturers can't make shoes higher than Alphafly. You better keep them.
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
s13tx wrote:
rbaldwin wrote:
Is the alphafly next% legal for IM

As far as I know, they are legal. They've reached the maximum height, so that's it. Shoe manufacturers can't make shoes higher than Alphafly. You better keep them.

Legal for IAAF. But that doesn't apply to amateur runners, only pro runners, so you can add your own stack height to it and wear it in the London marathon if you want.

Secondly, IM/WTC has no rule like this and I would be shocked if they ever did. Even if they did, I would still be equally shocked if they tried to apply AND enforce this against AGers. In my 9 IMs and 12 70.3s, I have only ever seen ONE ref patrolling the run course and that was once within my whole 5 hours along the IM boulder run course. It is one thing for IM to have rules but a totally different thing for them to enforce them.

ITU I suspect will adopt the rule, maybe they already have but again, that would only apply to pros.

All this to say, unless you are a pro... STOP WORRYING ABOUT LEGALITY.

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [hadukla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the Ahlphafly and have run in it twice. The forefoot is super responsive but I didn’t find it to have the same pop and the Next %. I also wasn’t a fan of the 4mm drop, I had noticeable discomfort in my lower calf after a 30min run.

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How difficult is the Alphafly to put on?
I've read a few comments about how it is much harder to put on than the previous iterations, so wondering if this is a consideration against using this shoe for shorter events or even full distance.
One of the reasons I'm interested to see how the Tempo Flyease works out when it is finally released.
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [HoustonTri(er)] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HoustonTri(er) wrote:
I've read a few comments about how it is much harder to put on than the previous iterations, so wondering if this is a consideration against using this shoe for shorter events or even full distance.
One of the reasons I'm interested to see how the Tempo Flyease works out when it is finally released.

They are very hard to put on. Tougher than Vaporfly for sure. Next% is pretty easy to put on compared to Alphafly.
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
s13tx wrote:
HoustonTri(er) wrote:

They are very hard to put on. Tougher than Vaporfly for sure. Next% is pretty easy to put on compared to Alphafly.
nothing.

I agree. It is a very small hole you have to fit your foot in. Next% are easier.
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will just leave it here. Fully customize-able Next% is insane.

https://www.nike.com/u/custom-nike-zoomx-vaporfly-next-by-you-10000912/1599097733191?sitesrc=url_share&cp=nans_em_camp_nike_RUNNING_20200831_c22141_082920200-na-runnikebyyouvaporfly_Location-Country-US-RUN-MW_CNT~USA_en_M_NCP-553722fc-3e01-423c-bc92-6a880859501b_z
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wouldn't say "Fully" customizable. No way to mirror the latest colorway, which I love. I absolutely hate the flame & grit midsole designs and who the F wants those logos? I get that they need to limit the amount of options but the color choices could at least span a freaking rainbow rather than maybe 4/5 colors.

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [cxrider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
got mine today and did a 6 mile tempo run. few thoughts
a. the white color is way way way nicer looking than the original black color
b. upper is better than next%, much easier to get into and super ventilated. its is one of the best uppers i ever ran in (if not the best)
c. sole is bouncier than the next%, still same squish feeling and the kick from the plate
d. It is a bit heavier than the next%. Didn't feel it at first, but after 30 minutes or so of hard work in the heat I could tell. It is a very slight difference though so i'm being super picky (maybe its just in my head since i know they are a bit heavier)

But overall I don't think they are necessarily faster than the next% and certainly not more comfortable. The next% are just amazingly comfortable and cushy, especially off the bike; the alphafly just feel very slightly different and i'm not sure they will be as comfortable on the second half of the marathon as the next%.

then again, its only one run and I'm sure very subjective and individual. just my 2c
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [dgutstadt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dgutstadt wrote:
got mine today and did a 6 mile tempo run. few thoughts
a. the white color is way way way nicer looking than the original black color
b. upper is better than next%, much easier to get into and super ventilated. its is one of the best uppers i ever ran in (if not the best)
c. sole is bouncier than the next%, still same squish feeling and the kick from the plate
d. It is a bit heavier than the next%. Didn't feel it at first, but after 30 minutes or so of hard work in the heat I could tell. It is a very slight difference though so i'm being super picky (maybe its just in my head since i know they are a bit heavier)

But overall I don't think they are necessarily faster than the next% and certainly not more comfortable. The next% are just amazingly comfortable and cushy, especially off the bike; the alphafly just feel very slightly different and i'm not sure they will be as comfortable on the second half of the marathon as the next%.

then again, its only one run and I'm sure very subjective and individual. just my 2c

Exactly the same thoughts I had. And I I'd give the VFNext% the edge in fit for me. If I could get the fit of the VF with the upper of the AF, I'd be over the moon. Both are phenomenal shoes and I'd be happy in either one. Time will tell but right now, the VF is my go to shoe over the AF. I have 2 pair of the AF and very well may sell the second pair.

And as a data point, my size 11 VF Next % are 210g (7.40oz) and my size 11 AF Next% are 248g (8.75oz). I never thought I would be able to feel that sort of weight difference but you can absolutely feel it. Both are brand new with one "test run" on the treadmill of about 5K. I'm thinking I'll be using the AF for either a 70.3 (but not a 140.6) or a standalone 13.1/26.2 race to get a serious data point. At that point I'll know if VF or AF win as my 140.6 shoe.

Cheers, Ray
Last edited by: TX83: Sep 4, 20 16:58
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [cxrider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cxrider wrote:
So how much faster will these be?

For me, -1% faster. Sticking w/ next% and my NOS VF4% flyknit.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [dgutstadt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Its the Next% for me....but......I have run in the Saucony endorphin speed (trainers) and the Pro (racers) and Saucony is on to something here. The speed are the best trainers I have ever run in and if they could combined the softness of the speed with the upper and carbon kick of the Pro it would be a Nike killer. Until that day happens...........I'm racing in the Next%
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [Rideon77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been super interested in how these rate and chatted to a pro I know who raced them at the Sunshine Coast 70.3 two weeks ago. He sounded a bit meh about them. Didn't want to say they were bad but said the Next% encourage a faster turnover for him and noticed the weight of the Alphafly.
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any feedback on traction on crushed gravel? The next %'s are great on the roads, but I could see the weird ridges of the alpha fly being better when it's a bit slippery. Thinking of the coal creek trail, for CO/Boulder peeps. The new uppers are probably the thing I'm most excited about. Also being able to wear unpink shoes. Although there is something to say for the level of confidence you have to bring to the start line rocking bright pink shoes I suppose.
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [Mike Sharkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Me personally I wouldn't be destroying the most expensive and hard to find shoes on the market racing on a surface they aren't designed especially where it is unlikely to gain any advantage. To add to my prior post I did forget my mate found he Alphafly a more stable shoe compared to the Next% that is an unstable shoe. I raced the 4% on a tri course that had some crushed gravel and it was certainly a sketchty experience especially on inclines up or down. I own the Next% and they may have faired slightly better but I imagine still a slippery affair. Your call but I'd certainly be chasing a more stable shoe racing on gravel.
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the input. To clarify, the surface is crushed gravel, not like gravel on a rough gravel road. Like I ride 28's on a road bike and it's great. It's quite smooth, just a bit dusty/loose like a middle school track. After the first 8 mi of crushed gravel, there are some nasty concrete downhills on the back-end of the course that the alphafly might be useful for.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This company is openly selling fake AlphaFlys with no carbon plate. I bet it is a terrible shoe.

https://trackvalley.com/...6Mz4e0Mtgr1dE1OJzvvs

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [plant_based] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wanna take one for the team and order a pair? haha would love to see what you actually get.
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [FuzzyRunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FuzzyRunner wrote:
Wanna take one for the team and order a pair? haha would love to see what you actually get.

Haha yeah I don’t know why they attempted to copy a performance shoe - it obviously would not come with Zoom X foam either - I bet it feels heavy and clunky. Probably is 3oz heavier than the real version.

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Some common sizes now available from Dicks:

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/...20nikmlphflynxtblrnn
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FYI for US at least, next colourway of the Alphafly (bright mango) will be releasing at 10am EDT/7am PDT on Thursday Oct 29

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Also just had a shockdrop for US Nike+ members on the "1:59:40" colorway (scheme used by Kipchoge in the barrier breaking run)

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
Quote Reply

Prev Next