Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [Scottxs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Alphafly is bouncy'er but that dies off after about 50-75 miles....depending on the reviewer."

In regards to above point you mentioned, I've read/seen several reviews and all of them have said that mid sole feel as good as new after several miles (including the air pods).
The only source where I've seen about the below issue is on the review that a known youtuber did recently, all other experienced runners review didn't noticed about that issue.

Have you heard about the below from different sources? or also from a single youtuber review? It was interesting to me because that guy is significantly lighter compared to others who didn't noticed that issue.
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [pabloarc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the Atomknit will be a welcome feature for triathletes, since it shouldn't retain water like Flyknit. Atomknit is steamed and stretched Flyknit, and it's see-through almost like a window screen.

Plus, Atomknit means no more separate tongue. The shoe should be more of a "slip-on" than with the Next%, which requires you to fiddle with its tongue.
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [Deontologist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Deontologist wrote:
Plus, Atomknit means no more separate tongue. The shoe should be more of a "slip-on" than with the Next%, which requires you to fiddle with its tongue.

I hate this part of the Next% - difficult to get on quickly for me compared to 4% or ZF2, ZF3

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [plant_based] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
plant_based wrote:
Deontologist wrote:

I hate this part of the Next% - difficult to get on quickly for me compared to 4% or ZF2, ZF3

yes, so far i have stuck with the VF FK because of this - not so much that a few seconds sorting out the tongue is the end of the world but that i am unlikely to actually take the time in the heat of T2 to do so and end up either having to stop mid-run or enduring discomfort because of it.

i'm not so sure about the sole of the alphafly though. from what i'm reading i suspect the atomknit upper with the next% sole might be the best for me
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [pk1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For a while you could customize the Next% for free using NikeID. One of the options was a Flyknit upper. Another option was a waffle style tread pattern like on the Peg turbo or the Flynit Racer.

Perhaps Nike will bring back the customization and you can get the Flyknit upper on the Next% midsole. Better yet, Atomknit for minimal water retention.

Flyknit used to drain water well, just look at the FK Racer reviews, but the knit got more dense for whatever reason and started holding water.
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [plant_based] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
plant_based wrote:
Deontologist wrote:

Give a couple of stitches and sew the tongue on both sides. That’s the only way.
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
plant_based wrote:
7/2/20?

That’s the rumor. They were supposed to be out for members June 2nd but that didn’t happen, most likely due to the store blackout.

There is a watermelon color which I think is way better than the black. I’m more interested in the training shoes, since racing isn’t happening anytime soon but I’ll get either to try out at this point. Nothing better to do.
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [Grantbot21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whats going on with Nike-no next% or anything for months now? Manufacturing hit by covid?
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can order Watermelon color right now. Hurry up. Men's 8.5 size was gone in 1 min.

EDIT: Well, never mind. All sold out in 4 min except 6 and 6.5 sizes. I'm talking about men's.
Last edited by: s13tx: Aug 13, 20 7:05
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They will all be on StockX shortly.....grrrrrrr

Cheers, Ray
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [TX83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TX83 wrote:
They will all be on StockX shortly.....grrrrrrr

With the minimum price of $350 :-(
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
s13tx wrote:
plant_based wrote:
Deontologist wrote:

Give a couple of stitches and sew the tongue on both sides. That’s the only way.

Did stitching the tongue work?
Did you stitch it at the top?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I saw the email from Nike and kinda laughed.

I finally drank the kool-aid and bought myself a pair of NEXTs back in October. I wore them once for a turkey trot 5k in November. Then the world ended.

I haven't worn them since. I have no use for the alphafly since my NEXTs are still entirely unused
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wanted to try these out but once again instantly sold out in 9's.
I guess I'll wait for the Tempo(?) trainer version and try and get those in the Fall.
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
WHY IN THE WORLD DO THEY KEEP WITH AN UNSTRUCTURED UPPER?

Throw that knit out and get me a decent heel cup.

AMEN!
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [wintershade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wintershade wrote:
TheStroBro wrote:

AMEN!

Heck the heal cup was one of the reasons I bought the Next %. Its awesome.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
But the nice thing (for me) is that the Vaporfly NEXT was there as well and when I missed out on the Alpha, I was able to pivot and grab those. I was on the fence between the two anyway and pleasantly surprised that I was able to get a pair. Now for some races...
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [Rideon77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rideon77 wrote:
wintershade wrote:
TheStroBro wrote:

AMEN!

Heck the heal cup was one of the reasons I bought the Next %. Its awesome.

Awesome by Nike standards. But still pathetic by normal standards.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Replying to no one specifically, has anyone tracked how many km's they've gotten out of the Vaporfly Next%'s?

One of the biggest benefits for me was how fresh they leave my legs feeling compared to any other shoe I've tried. So just for that I've been using them for my long runs. I probably have about 200km on mine now, and still feel pretty good. My legs normally feel trashed after long runs, its a really big difference with these Nikes.
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not the next % because I only have like 50 on them but I have over 300 on my original vaporfly and 200 on the flyknits and I would guess the Next will get more mileage because of the differences on the sole. Both of my older pairs have some pop and I use them for tempo/long runs and legs still feel good.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [jrielley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jrielley wrote:
Not the next % because I only have like 50 on them but I have over 300 on my original vaporfly and 200 on the flyknits and I would guess the Next will get more mileage because of the differences on the sole. Both of my older pairs have some pop and I use them for tempo/long runs and legs still feel good.

were you aware of the drop off in effectiveness of those shoes?

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry for potentially stupid question. I decided to jump on the bandwagon of those expensive carbon plate % shoes. And finally may be there is a possibility of a 10mile race in a couple of weeks.
What could be easier that drop some money for a product, I thought! But apparently with those shoes it's not so easy.

Sport stores don't have them. On the official site they're out-of-stock. How do people get them? Just try to catch some available stock on nike.com? Or pay double to pieces of sh... (sorry, Honorable Entrepreneurs, pursuing American Dream) reselling them on ebay?
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [ask77nl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you either have to be fast when they drop or you are forced to pay the reseller prices. I would NOT use eBay. I have bought several pairs through StockX.

Cheers, Ray
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
jrielley wrote:

were you aware of the drop off in effectiveness of those shoes?

Yup. That is why less than 50 miles in the Next%. Those are race shoes. Each pair gives me a year of races then move to training shoes. No races this year so Next% have been sitting in a box outside of a 5k TT I did a few weeks ago. The older pairs do not have as much pop or spring but still better than pretty much any other shoe in my rotation (including Turbo II and ZF3, getting GOrun Razor 3s today to test out as well).

And if races happen next year I will get a new pair of Next%/Alphas for next summer/fall and rotate current Next% to training shoe.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply

Prev Next