Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Right? Holy cow that red looks great. As much as I love strawberry lemonade, that colorway isn't really doing it for me.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That expert model really got a nice treatment...the green looks like something Peter Sagan would ride himself! Also that matte black s-works...hot. Any word on when these things might actually ship?
Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
anyone find any info on the weight diff between the sworks and the expert models?

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Its the same frame; so only real difference will be wheels - I cant imagine DA vs Ultegra is much

Spez are in a cool position; they can definitively test how much more aero is a 1*12 vs the 2*11 one

I think the red AXS bike looks amazing
I cant but help prefer the clean lines of the Shiv TT though

I would love Spez to give the drag numbers of the Shiv Tri vs Shiv TT
Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [bespoke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the expert isnt the same frame as the sworks models, at least thats not how specialized has done their frames in the past.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The specs say all are Fact 11r
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bespoke wrote:
The specs say all are Fact 11r
hmm... thats cool if they are the same frame!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
100% they are
It would cost way too much to do different lay ups for such a niche model

And the pricing is very close; the expert is high - the only difference is DA vs Ulegra, power meter and much nicer wheels
Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [spectrum5825] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It will ship end of August in Europe and the Frame end of October. At first I really disliked the new SHIV but it grew on me and that red one is absolutely beautiful. I traded in my 2018 SHIV this morning for the new SHIV. I actually got a fantastic deal on the old model.
Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [K73] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
K73 wrote:
It will ship end of August in Europe and the Frame end of October. At first I really disliked the new SHIV but it grew on me and that red one is absolutely beautiful. I traded in my 2018 SHIV this morning for the new SHIV. I actually got a fantastic deal on the old model.

thats sooner than i thought.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
no basebar shifters for the expert model? I know they can be added later but without them whats the point of di2?

2019 T-Rex Tri Series
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i stopped by my LBS yesterday, i deal with them a lot because all of my bikes are specialized except my tri bike. i asked about the new shiv, pretty much all of the offerings, even the frame set, will be avail this month in the states.

if anyone was interested.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I reached out to my lbs too. They were follow up with the rep. Should know Monday what they say. I'm up in the PNW. will confirm if it's the same availability.
Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [maarten.claes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you get any manual of how to pack the bike in the bag best way?

or just try n error?
Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [pingu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know if this bike will get down to a model that's affordable ( i.e. under maybe 5K)? I love this bike, never understood the hate when it first came out, but 8.5K + is out of my league.

"The first virtue in a soldier is endurance of fatigue; courage is only the second virtue."
- Napoleon Bonaparte
Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [Don_W] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If the frame is 6k, it's unlikely we will see a 5k build any time soon
Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [mknight84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mknight84 wrote:
no basebar shifters for the expert model? I know they can be added later but without them whats the point of di2?
my guess is to hit a certain price point.

I couldn’t agree more with your comment though.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pingu wrote:

or just try n error?

Hey Pingu,

See the following Specialized Service Video for how to pack your Shiv Disc for travel!

https://vimeo.com/339456363
Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [mknight84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mknight84 wrote:

hey mknight84,

This is not fully accurate. You can shift both derailleurs from the extensions and you can shift the rear derailleur from the basebar on the expert model.

The expert model uses TRP TT levers, which incorporate a Shimano climbing shifter into the body, which allows you to shift up or down.

The ski tip shifters are the 2 button style that allows up and down.

If you really want up and down at all 4 locations, you can add a 2nd climbing shifter into the 2nd TRP lever body
Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
bespoke wrote:
FYI
The stock Shiv and S-Works will be released later today

Here they are https://www.specialized.com/...ikes/c/roadtriathlon

Although i like the red one at this price and starting at 8500 this is not a series of bikes for the majority by looks and prcies. So far i think cervelo will be the major player in tri for 2020 even more when they release a P2/P3 disc bike at a more mortal price level. And that is to be expected i think. Or if they lower the price on the current P2/P3, which could also be a possibility

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [GatorRacer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GatorRacer wrote:
pingu wrote:

or just try n error?

Hey Pingu,

See the following Specialized Service Video for how to pack your Shiv Disc for travel!

https://vimeo.com/339456363

Great!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Which is the new Shiv weight?
Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [enricobraglia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The race-ready weight is about 9.3kg (no water in the tank)

To me the fuel cell works quite good but I also needed to tape the lit as it sometimes went off when riding over rougher roads. But I was quite surprised when I measured the amount of water that goes into it. In total it fits about 2L (Size M) which I think is pretty awesome. I know it might not be enough for a full distance but for me it is enough for the 70.3. Also I don´t think the fuel cell is useless once it is empty as it still more aero to ride with it. I do also use it for longer training rides but it is true that it is probably not as easy to mount and dismount as with i.e. the Scott Plasma. But I consider the 2L tank to be a real advantage during the race while everything with a capacity less than 1.3L is more like a nice-to-have thingy but not really you main hydration unit.

Compared with all bikes that I rode before I especially think that the basebar is really a game changer. It is super easy to adjust and incredibly stiff. Same goes for the fork. I always feel in control when riding the bike.
Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [Chris_Mint] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is good info Chris.
Do you know how much is the tank capacity for a Small size?
Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [guillermoD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know the availability dates for the Shiv Framesets? black or red?
Quote Reply

Prev Next