Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IM Arizona [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Super excited for you guys! I’m hopeful both the 70.3 and full happen AND everyone is safe!

Randy Christofferson(http://www.rcmioga.blogspot.com

Insert Doubt. Erase Hope. Crush Dreams.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona [rcmioga] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Today Tempe School District updated their data, they now are in the green on two of the three metrics for school reopening in person. Looking very good

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also today Arizona hit the benchmarks to open all businesses including gym's , theaters, and restaurants.

Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bryancd wrote:
Today Tempe School District updated their data, they now are in the green on two of the three metrics for school reopening in person. Looking very good

Correct me if I'm wrong Bryan, but isn't the cases per 100k figure also affected by the high numbers of positive ASU students? That figure seems much higher than other zip codes in the valley with similar numbers for the other two benchmarks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So get ready for the second wave.

Andrew Inkpen
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona [CamCom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CamCom wrote:
Bryancd wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong Bryan, but isn't the cases per 100k figure also affected by the high numbers of positive ASU students? That figure seems much higher than other zip codes in the valley with similar numbers for the other two benchmarks.

ASU certainly contributed to the two week spike we saw earlier in September, really its the positivity rate coming down so much that's the most encouraging. Out R1 is also .9 which is also an indicator the spread is decreasing.

Team ZOOT
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For what it's worth at the Tempe Events meeting yesterday they approved both events to move forward.

Team ZOOT
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For anyone looking for a source of Tempe covid case data, it looks like these dashboards are updated every Tuesday. I'll be checking them out at least once a week over the next few weeks to try and get a better idea if the race will happen...

https://covid19.tempe.gov/pages/gating

I also found this map of cases but I didn't see a time-series data option to see trends, instead of the current case count...

https://adhsgis.maps.arcgis.com/...4ae99fa607cce55357b7

Anyone else have sources they are following?
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona [ia_triguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ia_triguy wrote:
For anyone looking for a source of Tempe covid case data, it looks like these dashboards are updated every Tuesday. I'll be checking them out at least once a week over the next few weeks to try and get a better idea if the race will happen...

https://covid19.tempe.gov/pages/gating

I also found this map of cases but I didn't see a time-series data option to see trends, instead of the current case count...

https://adhsgis.maps.arcgis.com/...4ae99fa607cce55357b7

Anyone else have sources they are following?

Yeah I posted above, I follow the Maricopa County tracking for school reopening's. It uses the same metrics as the Tempe gov site and updates every Thursday. I'll check it again today. Overal1 AZ trends can be found at AZ Central and AZ Family web sites every day. The race is happening and we are seeing no adverse trends. Tempe has two of the three metrics solidly in the green,

https://www.maricopa.gov/5594/School-Metrics

Team ZOOT
Last edited by: Bryancd: Oct 8, 20 5:20
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bryancd wrote:
They just sent out the e-mail for the 70.3 participants to schedule their registration and bike drop off time for the 17th.

Super disappointed with Ironman. I've been getting zero race communications. Had an email change many months back and it took several months and several support tickets to get that changed, but still getting nothing about the race. Can anyone in the 70.3 PM me a link to sign up for bike drop-off?
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona [AKCrafty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AKCrafty wrote:
Bryancd wrote:
They just sent out the e-mail for the 70.3 participants to schedule their registration and bike drop off time for the 17th.

Super disappointed with Ironman. I've been getting zero race communications. Had an email change many months back and it took several months and several support tickets to get that changed, but still getting nothing about the race. Can anyone in the 70.3 PM me a link to sign up for bike drop-off?

It was sent as an e-mail link from Active.com

Team ZOOT
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anybody got a water temp for the lake?
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona [Waingro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Waingro wrote:
Anybody got a water temp for the lake?

http://wx.tempe.gov/...RkAaSgWLIHIwAX54C4rY

Team ZOOT
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bryancd wrote:
AKCrafty wrote:
Bryancd wrote:

It was sent as an e-mail link from Active.com
Nothing from Active either. I’ve emailed arizona70.3@ironman.com. This simple email change has been a HUGE mess. At least I still see my name on the participants list!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
To all the people that swore up and down this race would be cancelled while I said hang on...told you. :) Tempe Beach Park today.

Team ZOOT
Last edited by: Bryancd: Oct 10, 20 17:03
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And speaking with the RD today, so is the full.

Team ZOOT
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't they store that at the marina lot next door year round...? ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bryancd wrote:
To all the people that swore up and down this race would be cancelled while I said hang on...told you. :) Tempe Beach Park today.

That made me VERY happy to see!!

Quote | Reply
No, not there year around. Wasn't there two weeks ago. Usually shows up about a month in advance
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona [Greatzaa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually an Ironman trailer is stored at the marina, but it's not "next door." It's across the lake.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All three trailers are there now.

Team ZOOT
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone know if its possible to defer entries? I'm in the UK, and there is no way I can get over to race.

Tubs
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona [Tubs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tubs wrote:
Anyone know if its possible to defer entries? I'm in the UK, and there is no way I can get over to race.

Tubs

Yes but...
“Athletes who register on or before March 1, 2020 are eligible to defer their entry into the 2021 IRONMAN Arizona free of charge. All deferral requests will be honored until October 8, 2020 regardless of the reason for deferral. The deferral may only be used once. Athletes who elect to defer their entries forfeit any partial refund, ability to transfer or insurance refund. To submit a deferral request. please contact arizona@ironman.com.”

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh. ;-(
Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona [Tubs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Deferrals have been extended to Nov 8th

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply