Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IM Arizona [janski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
janski wrote:
I raced today, so I can share my observations about the aid stations.
Two aid stations on the bike course, so we had six opportunities to access them. I grabbed two water bottles. The first was completely closed, and I think the drinking nozzle thing might have been sealed. I ultimately just unscrewed the cap entirely. That had it's seal intact too but was easier to open. The second bottle I got, however, had been opened. So dunno what the rule was, but precautions were certainly taken. I admit it did prefer the second bottle. Breaking seals on the bike isn't easy. But I get why it might be necessary.
On the run, cups were set out and easy enough to grab. Saw there were whole, unopened bananas too. Some bars and gels. No cups with ice. Volunteers were all behind the tables and wearing masks.

very good race yesterday. are you doing the full again?
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
Fully agree. There's a way to automate this and I'm sure we will get there eventually. I think IM is operating with limited resources right now, so this is probably low on the priority list for them right now.

"Good Morning,

Congratulations an epic finish, this email is to inform you that you have qualified for 70.3/Ironman Worlds, you have the next 72 hours to register on the link provided for your slot allocation. Not registering in the next 72 hours will cause your slot to roll down.

Again, congratulations and see you at Worlds."

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has the new bike course being confirmed to 6 laps of IM 70.3?
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona [manu-sanchez] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
manu-sanchez wrote:
Has the new bike course being confirmed to 6 laps of IM 70.3?

No, they are still working on it.

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did anyone that is in a position to get a guaranteed 70.3 WC slot (as opposed to a rolldown) NOT get an email from Active? I’m pretty certain I qualified, and am wondering why it hasn’t arrived.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
what was the water temperature ?
Was 70.3 swim course in the same place as IM ?
2015 I was freezing....
2020 expect the same ?

tks
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona [Waingro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Waingro wrote:
Did anyone that is in a position to get a guaranteed 70.3 WC slot (as opposed to a rolldown) NOT get an email from Active? I’m pretty certain I qualified, and am wondering why it hasn’t arrived.

I have not yet. It may take a week to start the process.

Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona [MTRIB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MTRIB wrote:
2015 I was freezing....
2020 expect the same ?

tks

The water was miraculously at 75, and I'm not saying the RD or anyone lied because I looked at the water temperature myself and thought it was miraculous. Course map is out, but the swim course was not the same as IM last year and I don't expect it to be the same this year IRT entrance and exit points.

Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona [MTRIB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MTRIB wrote:
2015 I was freezing....
2020 expect the same ?

tks

75. Yes, Tempe Town Lake. It's usually still very warm for Tempe 70.3. It will get much colder and be in the mid 60's by the time IMAZ rolls in.

Team ZOOT
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This actually sent to you via email?
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona [xarope8] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh no, we were discussing how this could be done automated without having to wait hang around the race site for a roll down slot.

Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:

Thank you!! If the full happens, I will try to be there.

I can also chime in about water temperature, at least about how it felt. It felt warm, but I was alright in my wetsuit, that is, not yet overheating. In contrast, it was freezing last year during the full. So I wouldn't use current conditions to predict water temperature in November.
Last edited by: janski: Oct 19, 20 15:55
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona [janski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
janski wrote:
jkhayc wrote:

Thank you!! If the full happens, I will try to be there.

I can also chime in about water temperature, at least about how it felt. It felt warm, but I was alright in my wetsuit, that is, not yet overheating. In contrast, it was freezing last year during the full. So I wouldn't use current conditions to predict water temperature in November.

Keep training, it will happen. And amazing result yesterday, well done! I don't think I ever even saw you on course!

Team ZOOT
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona [Rideon77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We haven’t tried it “my way.” We are continuing to do things your way/Trump’s way which is going to make it highly unlikely that we are going to be racing in the spring. Nice joke about the proctologist. Maybe you can turn off Tucker Carlson tonight and read this article.

https://www.nytimes.com/...gSource=articleShare
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona [Waingro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Waingro wrote:

I think I would have been a few places of qualifying, so can't help you there But it would have been helpful if they released a list of how many spots for each age group and people would then know where they stand and get in-touch with Ironman if they did not get an email when they should have.

Someone mentioned earlier in thread that they were asking people at check-in if they were interest in a WC slot. Did you get asked this? I didn't, so hoping if there is a roll down, that I will still get the option.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona [manu-sanchez] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Back doing an Ironman Manny? Good for you! I was wondering when you were going back to it. Enjoy it-- I am NOT missing Ironman since retiring from Ironman races...oh the time I have to live life & not just train nowadays--it's wonderful! I think I've been "Iron-sober" for coming up on 5 years now...
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona [MadPansy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With 650 finishers and 40 WC slots for St George next year, that's a pretty high percentage of athletes who qualified. If someone is comfortable participating in an IM event in the current environment and wants to try and go to the WC, the odds of getting a slot are pretty good right now.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona [42point2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
42point2 wrote:
Waingro wrote:

I think I would have been a few places of qualifying, so can't help you there But it would have been helpful if they released a list of how many spots for each age group and people would then know where they stand and get in-touch with Ironman if they did not get an email when they should have.

Someone mentioned earlier in thread that they were asking people at check-in if they were interest in a WC slot. Did you get asked this? I didn't, so hoping if there is a roll down, that I will still get the option.

I was asked at check in if I was interested in a slot. I don't know if a non-response would mean they skip over you, though. Maybe e-mail them.

Team ZOOT
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona [JasonGeorge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasonGeorge wrote:
With 650 finishers and 40 WC slots for St George next year, that's a pretty high percentage of athletes who qualified. If someone is comfortable participating in an IM event in the current environment and wants to try and go to the WC, the odds of getting a slot are pretty good right now.

They have 60 slots.

Team ZOOT
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Bryan,

I work for a company in the triathlon industry and we had planned on attending a number of ironman races at the expos this season (obviously that all went south with all the races getting cancelled/postponed). Would you be able to share any information about the expo? Was there an expo? And if so, did you go? How many vendors were there?

We are trying to evaluate whether we should/could attend future events this season (ie. full Arizona, Florida, etc...)
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona [kerikstri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kerikstri wrote:
Hi Bryan,

I work for a company in the triathlon industry and we had planned on attending a number of ironman races at the expos this season (obviously that all went south with all the races getting cancelled/postponed). Would you be able to share any information about the expo? Was there an expo? And if so, did you go? How many vendors were there?

We are trying to evaluate whether we should/could attend future events this season (ie. full Arizona, Florida, etc...)

I have good news for you! I shot a brief video showing the expo area for Shawn at Zoot and David at Speedfil as they had the same questions. :) PM me your e-mail address and I'll send it to you.

Team ZOOT
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hear ya, but was the pointy end really any less pointy? Seems like a lof of the fast people still showed up. Top top 5 in AG were pretty similar times vs 19.

5th place AG time in '19 vs 20:

M25-29: 4:36:08/ 4:49:41 (slower)
M30-34: 4:40:37/ 4:42:40 (slower)
M35-39: 4:43:01/ 4:35:56 (faster)
M40-44: 4:43:08/ 4:49:34 (slower)
M45-49: 4:45:09/ 4:43:31 (faster

20th OA-- pretty close
'19: 4:37:47
'20: 4:39:46

30th OA-- bit more spread
'19: 4:43:08
'20: 4:49:39
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona [MadTownTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MadTownTRI wrote:
I hear ya, but was the pointy end really any less pointy? Seems like a lof of the fast people still showed up. Top top 5 in AG were pretty similar times vs 19.

5th place AG time in '19 vs 20:

M25-29: 4:36:08/ 4:49:41 (slower)
M30-34: 4:40:37/ 4:42:40 (slower)
M35-39: 4:43:01/ 4:35:56 (faster)
M40-44: 4:43:08/ 4:49:34 (slower)
M45-49: 4:45:09/ 4:43:31 (faster

20th OA-- pretty close
'19: 4:37:47
'20: 4:39:46

30th OA-- bit more spread
'19: 4:43:08
'20: 4:49:39

Oh the fastest cats were way faster this year, the top 5 times were super fast.

Team ZOOT
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just got the e-mail that WC slot allocations will begin today.

Team ZOOT
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dear IRONMAN 70.3 Arizona Athlete,

​The slot allocation process for IRONMAN 70.3 Arizona will start today.

​
Athletes who earned an automatic slot will receive an email with a link from ACTIVE to register for the 2021 IRONMAN 70.3 World Championship, St. George, Utah on September 17 and 18. Athletes will have 48 hours to redeem their registration link. If an athlete does not accept the slot within 48 hours, it will roll down to the next eligible finisher within the age group.

​

Should you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to qualifier70.3@ironman.com

Once all IRONMAN 70.3 World Championship slots have been allocated, we will send another email informing everyone that slot allocation has concluded for this event.

​

Thank you!

Your IRONMAN 70.3 Arizona Team

Team ZOOT
Quote Reply

Prev Next