Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IM Arizona [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bryancd wrote:
This was sent out to the Captains for the volunteer groups yesterday. The Race Director also put out a call for volunteers a few days ago. I’m sure the final decision will still be 9/29, but preparations for the 70.3 continue.

What's going to happen on 09/29?

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona [alex_korr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
alex_korr wrote:

Tempe Town Council will approve the race, or not.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona [SayHey Kid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SayHey Kid wrote:
Not that one has much to do with the other, other than the noted increase in positive testing as a result of an upward trend

But AZ just went back on the NY/NJ/CT no-travel/14-quarantine list due to an increase above the COVID-19 testing thresholds

Which is a total crock of shit and not based on the actual science. Our Rt is below one and weekly positivity rate is 4%, 5% being the benchmark. Our average daily cases have been in decline for months. We just got back from CT as well.

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona [AKCrafty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got it, thanks!

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona [alex_korr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
alex_korr wrote:
Bryancd wrote:
This was sent out to the Captains for the volunteer groups yesterday. The Race Director also put out a call for volunteers a few days ago. I’m sure the final decision will still be 9/29, but preparations for the 70.3 continue.

Special Event Committee meeting.

I'll be honest, would be nice if the RD/IM and Tempe were a bit more communicative.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Last edited by: TheStroBro: Sep 22, 20 14:35
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
alex_korr wrote:
Bryancd wrote:

Special Event Committee meeting.

I'll be honest, would be nice if the RD/IM and Tempe were a bit more communicative.

I can't speak for the RD but I am friends with Judy she is moving forward planning both events. The Tempe decision is out of her hands.

Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh, speak of the devil. In response to a question in the AZ 70.3 and Full Facebook group asking about mask protocol Judy responded:

“You won’t be required to wear it during the race. You will be required to wear it at all other times. You’ll dispose of it right before you enter the water and will be given another before you exit the finish line chute. More info landing in your inbox this week!”

Team ZOOT
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
She's likely moving forward with plans because WTC or Tempe has not told her to stop. She has to be ready in case it does happen.

Tom - Phoenix Patent Attorney & Triathlete
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona [joshuaforty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In a sense I'm not going to blame the business and the director for not cancelling the race per se. They've got a lot of paying customers that will show up and toe the line.

I just would like more communication in general considering the current issues. Logistics of showing up for me is nothing, I live decently close.

Now for Tempe, at this stage I don't get why they haven't pulled the permit since they've cancelled everything else and so far, the only races around here with approved permits are events under 50 people.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Imagine it gets a green light on 9/29, what is the risk the city changes its mind and does a last minute cancellation?
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona [Waingro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I honestly do not have a clue, the only big race the IMAZ weekend around here is the Gilbert Half and they have added a virtual option and are allowing deferrals or partial refunds which is abnormal.

Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona [Waingro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Waingro wrote:
Imagine it gets a green light on 9/29, what is the risk the city changes its mind and does a last minute cancellation?

9/29 is for the 70.3, which is scheduled for the weekend of the 10/17. The Full won't be decided until 10/29. If they green light the 70.3 next Tuesday, I would say it's 100% a go. Our case numbers had a brief 2 week spike 3 weeks ago when they started to include antigen positives in our case count number. Since then they have mitigated back down to the 400-500 new cases prepay range and an overall downward trajectory in place since July. Our Rt is still below 1%, which is the CDC benchmark for infection decreasing in a population.

Team ZOOT
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just read this from USATriathlon website :

USA Triathlon, along with race production companies Tucson Racing and 3D Racing, today announced that the 2020 USA Triathlon Duathlon National Championships, Collegiate Club Cup & High School National Championships in Lake Havasu City, Arizona, have been canceled due to current local government guidelines surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic.
The cancellation was required after Arizona State Parks & Trails informed USA Triathlon and Tucson Racing that it would no longer be able to permit events taking place in Arizona State Parks through the month of October.

https://www.teamusa.org/...AumXoeImxIATEOQuHH78

Let's keep waiting to WTS say something about IMAZ !!
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona [MTRIB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's interesting. Are they gonna close the lake to the boaters lol?

Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona [MTRIB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MTRIB wrote:
I just read this from USATriathlon website :

USA Triathlon, along with race production companies Tucson Racing and 3D Racing, today announced that the 2020 USA Triathlon Duathlon National Championships, Collegiate Club Cup & High School National Championships in Lake Havasu City, Arizona, have been canceled due to current local government guidelines surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic.
The cancellation was required after Arizona State Parks & Trails informed USA Triathlon and Tucson Racing that it would no longer be able to permit events taking place in Arizona State Parks through the month of October.

https://www.teamusa.org/...AumXoeImxIATEOQuHH78

Let's keep waiting to WTS say something about IMAZ !!

Tempe Beach Park is not managed by the Arizona State Parks and Trails, Lake Havasu Park is.

Team ZOOT
Last edited by: Bryancd: Sep 24, 20 13:06
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They just sent out the e-mail for the 70.3 participants to schedule their registration and bike drop off time for the 17th.

Team ZOOT
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yup. They did.

I think I'm going to defer the full. I know I've been that guy that has been adamant, but I'm just done.

Last edited by: TheStroBro: Sep 24, 20 16:04
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
Yup. They did.

I think I'm going to defer the full. I know I've been that guy that has been adamant, but I'm just done.

So close.... ;)

Team ZOOT
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And registration is still open for the 70.3, $350. May be worth signing up for on race week.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona [CP78] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Funny thing with how IM conducts business: I would sign up now for the 70.3 if I knew I would be refunded upon cancellation. I don’t want to do the race next year, or to have to choose from a list of other offered races. No doubt, existing registrants would be pissed if late registrants were offered refunds, so IM won’t adjust it’s no-refund-upon-cancellation policy. They are missing out on business because of the strict policy.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona [MadPansy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If it's a go, I want to know when the psych sheets will be up!

Re: IM Arizona [darkhorsetri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Athlete Guide and Event Schedule have been posted.

https://cdn3.sportngin.com/attachments/document/e97d-2267608/2020_70.3_Arizona_Athlete_Guide_rs.pdf

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh, good. The run course is back to it's old configuration crossing the bridges at Priest and Scottsdale Rd. I was never a fan of the long haul out to McClintock. And the swim course starts at the Art Center again, heading East. Makes sense, a lot more room to stage people.

Team ZOOT
Last edited by: Bryancd: Sep 28, 20 10:40
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bryancd wrote:
Oh, good. The run course is back to it's old configuration crossing the bridges at Priest and Scottsdale Rd. I was never a fan of the long haul out to McClintock. And the swim course starts at the Art Center again, heading East. Makes sense, a lot more room to stage people.
They update the course maps on the website (new (old) swim is updated) and it is still showing the run our to McClintock. So hopefully they will update and confirm. My guess is they are trying to keep the course to "one way" running on the path and using both bridges accomplishes this since the remaining section of the out and back is where the path has the upper and lower sections.

Quote | Reply
gregtay wrote:
Bryancd wrote:

They update the course maps on the website (new (old) swim is updated) and it is still showing the run our to McClintock. So hopefully they will update and confirm. My guess is they are trying to keep the course to "one way" running on the path and using both bridges accomplishes this since the remaining section of the out and back is where the path has the upper and lower sections.

Yeah Judy the RD responded to my FB post about the course lay out and mentioned no more traffic going both ways. They weren't fans of that course of out and backs and the construction blocked off access to Scottsdale Rd. bridge stairs. She would have corrected me if that wasn't the case.

Team ZOOT
Last edited by: Bryancd: Sep 28, 20 14:34
Quote Reply

Prev Next