Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IM Arizona [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
The fall sport AIA season begins on Wednesday September 30th with Football games and everything else. If fans are allowed at any point of High School Football season, I'd say we have a race. Phoenix Rising is operating with 16% capacity for fans going forward.

FWIW, I don't think you can make these comparisons. Each event is situational, with different actors in decision making authority, and different risk/benefit calculus. I'm still pretty doubtful IMAZ (or the 70.3) will happen, but it seems as if the city is at least going through the motions, so I will too.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Along the same line, ASSUMING the event happens, will vendors show up for the trade show and athlete support?

💀 Fxck Cancer Endurance Team 💀
⚡️⚡️ PLUSH Global ⚡️⚡️

Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have to bail from this one, even if it happens.

Rona finally got me, albeit indirectly. Suddenly I have to go to a 3-week trip where I could barely train right in the middle of the peak season.

Do I understand correctly that I cannot defer IMAZ 2020 to a 2021 race yet? Or can I, but I just have to pay $50?
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona [ask77nl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I deferred my 2020 entry to 2021 a few months ago. Just ask.

Quote:
Athletes who register on or before March 1, 2020 are eligible to defer their entry into the 2021 IRONMAN Arizona free of charge. All deferral requests will be honored until October 8, 2020 regardless of the reason for deferral. The deferral may only be used once. Athletes who elect to defer their entries forfeit any partial refund, ability to transfer or insurance refund. To submit a deferral request. please contact arizona@ironman.com.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:

Quote:
Athletes who register on or before March 1, 2020 are eligible to defer their entry into the 2021 IRONMAN Arizona free of charge. All deferral requests will be honored until October 8, 2020 regardless of the reason for deferral. The deferral may only be used once. Athletes who elect to defer their entries forfeit any partial refund, ability to transfer or insurance refund. To submit a deferral request. please contact arizona@ironman.com.

Nice, thank you.
Actually I'd like to get something a bit earlier next year. IM California sounds interesting. I can probably just ask the same email if they can transfer me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tough situation for sure. I am pretending the race will happen but like most of us my training is half baked. Ugh I wish they would just give us an answer one way or the other!
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona [jchriss] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jchriss wrote:
Tough situation for sure. I am pretending the race will happen but like most of us my training is half baked. Ugh I wish they would just give us an answer one way or the other!

Bookmark the Community Special Events Task Force page. Sept. 29th they will announce plans for 70.3, Oct. 27 for IM. Not Ironman's call at this point.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona [JakeLikesDonuts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JakeLikesDonuts wrote:
Along the same line, ASSUMING the event happens, will vendors show up for the trade show and athlete support?

Highly unlikely.

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ask77nl wrote:
The GMAN wrote:

Quote:

Nice, thank you.
Actually I'd like to get something a bit earlier next year. IM California sounds interesting. I can probably just ask the same email if they can transfer me.

Not likely. You will have to register for IMAZ for next year, and then go through the transfer process to another race assuming that race has been open for registration at least 10 days and has spots left.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona [AKCrafty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So, as mentioned earlier by jkhayc that the path along the lake was open this weekend. I drove during lunch to Rio Salado, the road is now open. Fences, cranes, backhoes, etc are all gone from the area. So it won't be Union Pacific holding up the race at this point.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So... 4 Peaks Racing permit for Castle Creek Tri has been approved. But ummm

Self-Supported and no medals.

Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona [MadPansy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wonder if lack of volunteers might be the thing that keeps these events from happening? IMAZ literally has hundreds of spots that still need to be filled, and this is a race that never seems to lack an adequate number of people willing to help if for no other reason than to get into the race the next year.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona [Jim@EROsports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jim@EROsports wrote:
I wonder if lack of volunteers might be the thing that keeps these events from happening? IMAZ literally has hundreds of spots that still need to be filled, and this is a race that never seems to lack an adequate number of people willing to help if for no other reason than to get into the race the next year.

AZ also means a lot of travel for a lot of participants or volunteers. It’s not in a densely populated part of the country. I’m not sure people are eager to fly or hop in a car for 8 hours.

Still feels too soon for large events like this in the US.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona [Jim@EROsports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jim@EROsports wrote:

Based on my experience volunteering there for 2 years they can easily do with 1/2 of the volunteers, at least at the aid stations. Lots of locals people would probably welcome an opportunity to be out and about if given a chance to.

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
So... 4 Peaks Racing permit for Castle Creek Tri has been approved. But ummm

Self-Supported and no medals.

Don't most people self support on a sprint and oly?

Quote | Reply
Bike yes, I think the two to three water stations on the run though.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nope. Nothing as per their website. Except you get to pay the same prices as normal.....

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona [Sbernardi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sbernardi wrote:
Nope. Nothing as per their website. Except you get to pay the same prices as normal.....

He was stating what is normal for the tri........not what is changed due to COVID.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Context is everything lol..... yea I get that now

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Effective June 29, 2020, even if appropriate physical distancing is possible, organized events of more than 50 people are prohibited."

This is all you need to know, everything else is political pandering, lies, bullshit, and a charade to get you to believe there will be a race to get you to sign up for even more races. How anyone can convince themselves otherwise is beyond me.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona [meronamkeithho] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
meronamkeithho wrote:
"Effective June 29, 2020, even if appropriate physical distancing is possible, organized events of more than 50 people are prohibited."

This is all you need to know, everything else is political pandering, lies, bullshit, and a charade to get you to believe there will be a race to get you to sign up for even more races. How anyone can convince themselves otherwise is beyond me.

You'll probably be proven correct in the end, but nonetheless you trimmed off the second sentence of the order, which seems relevant . . .

The Executive Order enables local governing jurisdictions, such as the city, town or county, to approve events on the condition of meeting certain safety precautions, such as physical distancing.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Last edited by: ericlambi: Sep 21, 20 10:36
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona [meronamkeithho] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My friend's kid played a baseball tournee in Scottsdale over the weekend (https://admin.tourneymachine.com/...5544908c0de37987664a). 50 teams participated, 15-20 kids on each team+accompanying parents. From they told me, C19 restrictions were very loosely enforced.

Take for what it is worth. If IMAZ 2020 gets cancelled, it is likely because WTC decided not to run it.

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Last edited by: alex_korr: Sep 21, 20 11:41
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona [alex_korr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This was sent out to the Captains for the volunteer groups yesterday. The Race Director also put out a call for volunteers a few days ago. I’m sure the final decision will still be 9/29, but preparations for the 70.3 continue.

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Last edited by: Bryancd: Sep 22, 20 5:22
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not that one has much to do with the other, other than the noted increase in positive testing as a result of an upward trend

But AZ just went back on the NY/NJ/CT no-travel/14-quarantine list due to an increase above the COVID-19 testing thresholds
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Its really poor that they wait until the last minute to cancel. People loose accom & air travel despoits because they are afraid to make a decision. I was traveling from Vancouver BC for this, however the Gov't has closed the border until the end of Oct, so even if it goes ahead, people north of the border arent allowed to travel for it. Unfortunantly 2020 is a write off and i'll hazard a guess and say 2021 might not be much better :-(
Quote Reply

Prev Next