Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [trener1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trener1 wrote:
Daamn if I was ineos I would be shaking in my boots if WvA and Martin get on the front on a crosswind day.
Not to mention that Tom D and Krusjaik are both dutch so also no slouches in the echelons.

At least Bernal has the nous to be ride echelons effectively, so less likely to be dropped
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [trener1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Men Overboard.

GvA and Michael Schar to AG2R
Paddy Bevin to ISN

Romain Bardet to Sunweb
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [WannaB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WannaB wrote:
Men Overboard.

GvA and Michael Schar to AG2R
Paddy Bevin to ISN

Romain Bardet to Sunweb

Also a young American, Sean Quinn, on DQS (as a stagiaire)
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Going to be fascinating to watch the tactics. For first time, Ineos may be strategizing how not to lose.

Will see how they play their cards this week. But if I'm Brailsford, I lay it down. Bernal is their best chance, and everyone else rides for. Any other debate likely gets them into trouble.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gavin Minnion was cleaning up over in France at Mont Blanc. Wonder if he’ll get a ticket to big show.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GvA and Naesen should be quite the combo.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
GvA and Naesen should be quite the combo.

Assuming they can work together

Maybe the rivalry with Gilbert is due to interaction with Gilbert and shouldn't be generalized. I hope that would be the case
Last edited by: echappist: Aug 10, 20 20:03
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
Gavin Minnion was cleaning up over in France at Mont Blanc. Wonder if he’ll get a ticket to big show.

That would be nice but at 28 I think his chances are a bit slim especially with the current market being pretty rough with CCC most likely folding, Astana in their usual state of financial dysfunction, oil money drying up, and tourism in a bad spot. It would be cool if he could pull off another win or two in Europe though. That might do the trick
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, he’s getting up there but Woods was older and came off the same team. JV is always shopping for a bargain.
Last edited by: Carl Spackler: Aug 10, 20 20:58
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://www.velonews.com/...ng-classics-battles/

They seem fairly well matched at riders. Whether that can convert into wins is another story.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
trail wrote:
LuisDF wrote:

Scary thing about Jumbo is that we haven't seen the tdf team working together yet -

Pretty darn close, I think it was just Kuss and WvA missing at l'Ain, and the Dauphine squad appears to be the exact same as the TdF squad.

Hell of a squad, though. Six guys who can climb with the best, and WvA and the Panzerwagen to control any shenanigans on flat/rolling days.

and with DG out, they won't have any focus divided into chasing some random sprint stages like in the days of Ullrich pulling for Zabel. Deutsch Telekom would just blow all kinds of matches for Zabel's greens instead of unseating Lance from the yellow.

they can still chase the "one day type of stages with Marting and WvA"

those two have enough power to bring the climbers to the base of the climb safely and in a good position. it will def be interesting to see the dynamics now that Inneos "LOOKS" weak going into the tour.

I see a lot of talk about Froome not being the same but man I would think he wouldn't put himself in that position (racing the tdf) if he is that far behind - he has nothing to prove at this point in his career.

The entire event (IM) is like "death by 1000 cuts" and the best race is minimizing all those cuts and losing less blood than the other guy. - Dev
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [LuisDF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Larry the Warbasse had a nice ride at MSR and Brent B at Strada Bianchi.
For those of you keeping track of cool, hard working US pros.....
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Larry Dogs of Warbasse is doing good work. He's also a regular on The Cycling Podcast, which is all-time if you haven't checked it out.

Some good racing kicks off tomorrow. I'm already cringing at what my weekly screen time report is going to look like this week.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
oh yeah - it starts early tomorrow; any other choices here in the states besides NBCgold ?
couldn't get a take on each days elevation but the profiles look pretty daunting - should be some tired legs after just 5 days
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [heyMartin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
heyMartin wrote:
oh yeah - it starts early tomorrow; any other choices here in the states besides NBCgold ?

flobikes.com, I think.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got flobikes too. It will also have Lombardy on Saturday.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [heyMartin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Flo has the Dauphine, Piedmonte and Lombardia this week.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thought Flo was Canada only, guess i'll see in an hour
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And now Woods to ISN.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
heyMartin wrote:

only Canada for Flo, NBC has it

i hope this kid stays away
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
heyMartin wrote:

Sorry, I was wrong. Flo sent me all the advertising emails for the Dauphine - doesn't let you know it's not for the U.S. until you hit play.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:
heyMartin wrote:

only Canada for Flo, NBC has it

i hope this kid stays away

they misidentified the rider, it's Schar....he's a badass....not gonna happen...he should let these guys on
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Killer Bees on the front. TD looks like a super dom in this group.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WvA is just another class...

Pactimo brand ambassador, ask me about promo codes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hahahaha. Insane.
Quote Reply

Prev Next