Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
grumpier.mike wrote:
WannaB wrote:
Not only are they a force. But they know it. They look like they are having a blast.

Sepp looked awesome.

Honorable mention for Barguil and Quintana today

That G. Martin kid from Confidis continues to impress and it was great to see Pinot looking competitive.

I honestly don’t get the fascination with Bernal. I can’t remember a single time that he has gone up against Roglic and been absolutely dominant. On the other hand Roglic always seems to be able to at least hang on the climbs and is likely to take at least 2 minutes out of him in a rolling TT. I just don’t see Bernal as a very complete Tour contender.

Huigita hitting the deck sucked and you wonder about EF’s grand plan. Having today be only the second day of racing for your Tour team seems a bit odd. This could be the new definition of racing into fitness at the Tour. If it works Allen Liam will be a genius.

Higuita is a beast. I love his style.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
maybe im just over-starved for the racing - but pretty much every race has been awesome to watch.
seeing ineos lined up with the last 3 tour winners in a row (though sivakov came around bernal for his turn) following kwiato was surreal.
that had always been definitive - but this time when the sh*t hit the fan - bernal was 1 against 2 Jumbo + about 10 other beasts - what a stunning turn of events.

re bernal - i really like him - he never rides just to hide - he is awesome in the crosswinds for sure - but even today prob not as his best - he still attacked everyone only to kind of get dropped. i wouldnt bet against him in any race.
re ef colombians - martinez and higuita can be in the final 10 riders every climb - not many teams can do that - if they stay healthy - they have a podium contender.
finally - its day 2 of dauphine. i am very leery of betting against ineos on day 16-19 of the tour. those dudes train so hard they tend to be pretty decent in week 3.

still seeing the racing happening now makes seeing a tour as fun to watch as last year seem pretty likely. good times.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [fredericknorton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fredericknorton wrote:
maybe im just over-starved for the racing - but pretty much every race has been awesome to watch.

Same. After months of having dutifully tried to watch Zwift racing even the neutral roll-out is amazing to watch.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [WannaB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If I’m not misremembering, Wiggo, Froome, GT and Bernal all dominated the lead-up races when they won TdF. Hopefully that’s a sign Roglic is on time and not over the ski tips. They certainly have momentum and swagger on their side.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
think Formolo can stay away ?
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [heyMartin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
well he's not looking good now with 11.6km left and 3:30 minutes
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
If I’m not misremembering, Wiggo, Froome, GT and Bernal all dominated the lead-up races when they won TdF. Hopefully that’s a sign Roglic is on time and not over the ski tips. They certainly have momentum and swagger on their side.

They look super sharp. Hope they can keep that edge honed. Form is fleeting. Curious to see if TD comes on. I really appreciate how steady he is. Could come in handy in week 3. And Wout may be riding an amazing wave for now, not that he isn't a huge help anyway.

It's clear lots of guys are racing to train and not to win.

I like both Martinez and Higgie. With Uran and some support they may get a stage or two.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [heyMartin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ineos not looking good. Froome dropped on the penultimate climb, and Kwiat, van Baarle and Thomas dropped before doing any work on the final climb.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Ineos not looking good. Froome dropped on the penultimate climb, and Kwiat, van Baarle and Thomas dropped before doing any work on the final climb.

You just hate to see it
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [USCoregonian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sepp is a damn monster. Mouth closed, destroying everyone
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [USCoregonian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fantastic stage!

Sivakov is strongest rider on Ineos right now
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
heyMartin wrote:
well he's not looking good now with 11.6km left and 3:30 minutes

Brilliant ride by Formolo!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yippee - glad to see him make it; long day out front by yourself
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sepp looks like the second strongest climber in race next to Roglic. The idea that Roglic, TD and Kruiseship share TdF leadership ought to go out the window (or maybe was a snipe hunt and already has). Roglic deserves the leadership with those other guys a plan B.

Bernal gapped off again and like mentioned, everyone other than Sivakov dropped early. Guess they don’t like the tables turned another another team pushing them around.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jungel Bob on way to AG2R? Damn, they’ll be scary in spring (or fall) classics.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
Jungel Bob on way to AG2R? Damn, they’ll be scary in spring (or fall) classics.

Wow. Didn't see that coming. More opportunities there, but less Thomas de Tank to hide behind but then again, he's Jungle Bob.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
Bernal gapped off again and like mentioned, everyone other than Sivakov dropped early.

I'm mystified why Ineos keeps sending Castroviejo back to pace Froome after he gets dropped.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I saw Sivakov say they just did a big block of training and are not on top form. Problem is, that’s likely the same for everyone.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i don't know, but I do know I'm not excited for three weeks of

"and there it is, Froome is off the back"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Remco

Other picks to follow.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:

Haha....15 days of incremental marginal gains to start of TdF....that should put Ineos over Jumbo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hard to beat that choice but I’m going to play dumb:
Bennett, Fuglsang, Schachmann

Nibali is sentimental pick but think it’s too early for him.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
Hard to beat that choice but I’m going to play dumb:
Bennett, Fuglsang, Schachmann

Nibali is sentimental pick but think it’s too early for him.

Remco, Fuglsang, Woods

Bennett and Ulissi
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bennet, remco, bettiol

fulsang, woods
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Contrarian picks.

Schachmann, MdVP, Vlasov
Ciccone, Ulissi
Quote Reply

Prev Next