Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
I'm going to go ahead and throw down my white road picks, even if it's just for show!

LFF
MdVP
Woods

Wildcards: Kwiatowski, Pogacar

Top two are bolted on. In lieu of Woods and Pogacar, WvA and GvA
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Big question is form. Have we seen anything from Alaphillipe since pre-COVID? Wout and Mathieu have posted some monster rides. Rusty Woods looked good on zwift. I think guys are going to be all over the place in terms of being ready to go full gas. Makes the race that much more unpredictable and hard to call.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [ClayDavis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
and as was mentioned in the other thread, it's gonna be baking on those exposed roads. Apparently above 92 F at the start on Saturday. At least it's quite dry. Something tells me that GvA, who has a good track record in the heat, may do quite well.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wouldn't put my money on Woods.
Yes he did well on Zwift, but considering his recent injury, it's a big difference between putting down an (impressive) hour of power and 6 hours.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LFF, Sagan, Nibali

WC: MvdP, WvA
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Schachmann, van Aert, van Avermaet
Naesen, Van der Poel
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [Tri_Joeri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Van Aert, Teuns, Schachmann

WC: Pogacar, MvdP
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [WannaB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I feel like this loose pack, dry dirt will favor tge crossers.

Van Aert, MvdP, Stuart
Naesen, Sagan
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [Tri_Joeri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Schachmann is a good pick; if he gets free, look out.

Major factor will be who can deal with the heat. Little twist from usual “spring classics”.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sagan, GvA, LFF
Nibali, Kwia
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [heyMartin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WvA, MvdP, Schachmann

Woods, Hirschi
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [ClayDavis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
feel obligated to pick lesser mentioned names - can't wait to watch some replays
benoot/ teuns/ bettiol
dark horse - 2nd tier - moscon /ulissi

would be pretty surprised if mvdp/wva not both top 3. might ride day 3 in a row of gravel - you know, cuz....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ClayDavis wrote:
1. Are we doing picks for these races?
2. If so, are we keeping the points from opening weekend or starting anew?
3. Will Annemiek van Vleuten win more races than she loses this year?
4. Strade Bianche (the funnest parcours), featuring MvdP vs. WvA vs. LFF... could I be more excited?

The alien has a 1-min gap to close. I think she’ll hunt down her prey on the final steep run-in

Btw, i missed spectating races in the morning
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [fredericknorton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kicking it off.

van Vleuten insane.

5+min back in the peloton with 27km to go when coverage started.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WannaB wrote:
Kicking it off.

van Vleuten insane.

I'd love to see Garcia surprise on the final climb.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WannaB wrote:
Kicking it off.

van Vleuten insane.

is your feed on a delay?

The Alien engages warp drive. Only took some 7 km on a downhill run-in the snare her prey

That's basically a gap check to third.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No. Was just recapping as she closed in.

Spratt worked well to keep the Chase disorganized. But she bridged and blew right past them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also, who's a bit miffed that they aren't showing any live feeds until perhaps 50 km out?

Not even RAI2 is carrying the footage. I guess I might as well go ride on the trainer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
Also, who's a bit miffed that they aren't showing any live feeds until perhaps 50 km out?

Yeah, what the hell. Lots of commercials. Now boring interviews.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On the plus side, Craddock represent!

Dude's from Texas, this sort of condition must be child's play to him
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LFF, MdVP, Sagan apparently not in contention! Unsure about about WvA.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
LFF, MdVP, Sagan apparently not in contention! Unsure about about WvA.

WvA is in the chase of Fuglsang, looking good. MvDP just popped off the back of the chase but who knows with him. Ala cooked too. I have a feeling we're going to hear a lot post race about not having racing intensity in the legs. Lots of suffering in the heat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WvA still in. carnage.

also, yikes re: the maskless tifosi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
WvA still in. carnage.

also, yikes re: the maskless tifosi

GvA is game, per usual.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GvA looks good. Schachmann strong, all that new money in his pocket not slowing him down.

Would love to see Wout pull this off. Have to think he did really well for himself with JV. Wonder long-term how that shapes his career vs. MvdP.
Quote Reply

Prev Next