Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: TriRig Alpha One - Gamma one [MTM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’ve been looking into a new bar for my IA10 recently to work on my fit for 2020. I have it narrowed down to 3 options, Alpha One, 51 Speedshop and the new ZIpp Vuka. I was just wondering what the general consensus of what people like and dislike about the Alpha one?
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One - Gamma one [TriEnduro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe look in the previous 499 posts for your answer?
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One - Gamma one [D.O.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry, been keeping an eye on this thread for a why now. I wouldn’t have posted if I couldn’t find an exact answer for my question/worries? Mainly looking for an answer after people have used it for multiple months for training and racing, now that it’s getting to the end of the year? Didn’t really care what it’s like out of the box and after a few rides.
Last edited by: TriEnduro: Sep 15, 19 12:58
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I take my bike to the bike shop for just about everything but thought I would try installing the alpha one myself

Followed the instructional video step by step. Made a few little errors had to redo but allnin all was easy and no special tools needed

After thousands and thousands of miles still just as happy as ever

Great item to me would buy again in a heart beat
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One - Gamma one [MrTri123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the update. Valuable information.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One [refthimos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would be very careful with purchase of Alpha One. In my opinion there is a relevant design issue with it, which can cause damage to person riding it. My item become useless just after several months of riding it despite I carefully followed torque specification. I was lucky to see this defect shortly before my "A" race this year, which otherwise could have been dangerous to my health and to other riders.

I made some photos of the problem with the Alpha One monopost: https://drive.google.com/...bHtIml_a?usp=sharing

Last edited by: Bartek_Zet: Sep 24, 19 6:57
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One [Bartek_Zet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What’s the issue?

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bartek_Zet wrote:
I would be very careful with purchase of Alpha One. In my opinion there is a relevant design issue with it, which can cause damage to person riding it. My item become useless just after several months of riding it despite I carefully followed torque specification. I was lucky to see this defect shortly before my "A" race this year, which otherwise could have been dangerous to my health and to other riders.

I made some photos of the problem with the Alpha One monopost: https://drive.google.com/...bHtIml_a?usp=sharing

I wouldn't hesitate to go with the Alpha One. I have had one on my Shiv and my wife has one on her QR PRfive, both were purchased when the Alpha One first came out and have countless miles on them, lots of races, Zwift rides, etc and we have not had a single issue. Zero issues with anything slipping and I have a ton of confidence in this bar. I even had a minor crash and the end of the base bar held up really well for sliding across the pavement (really just took up the top coat, no deep scratches.) These things are rock solid and have taken a ton of abuse on the our bikes. Note that I ALWAYS use the correct torque when making adjustments.. ALWAYS. I even wrote the correct TQ number next to each bolt with a silver sharpe as a reminder.

Hard to tell what is going on with your bar but the damage to the front looks like you hit something or WAY over torqued the bolt, or did some other unnatural thing to it. As far as scratches, etc.... these things are sort of hand made so I don't expect them to be cosmetically perfect (meaning I am not to worried about a small blem/scratch) If you think your bar was used (messed up bolts,etc) when you received it then you should have called tririg and asked for a new one. IF you installed it and used it and now are claiming it was used when you received it then you are likely not going to get anywhere.

Quote | Reply
TriEnduro wrote:
Sorry, been keeping an eye on this thread for a why now. I wouldn’t have posted if I couldn’t find an exact answer for my question/worries? Mainly looking for an answer after people have used it for multiple months for training and racing, now that it’s getting to the end of the year? Didn’t really care what it’s like out of the box and after a few rides.

I've been using the Alpha One since March this year. Love em for function and form.

Form - The cables on the stock Felt IA16 were a mess and were driving me crazy. Now there are no cables are in my sight with the SRAM etap.
Function - All feels well and handles well. Can't tell you much in terms of performance data.

Very satisfied with the purchase and use.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I weight 200 lbs

I have over 12,000 trainer miles on my tririg alpha ones.

No problems
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriEnduro wrote:

I can't comment relative to the other bars you mention, but compared to the stock ones that came with my slice (will try to find / add make in an edit) the Alpha One is a bit more involved when it comes to packing my bike in a bag for travel.

Prior bars, removed via stem, twist around to lie against frame, strap in place, done.

Height of Alpha One monopost requires I pack differently, lowering the stack. Also having larger bend to extensions requires I loosen the extensions to rotate them flat. Nothing tragic, just a few more steps.

Also FWIW this was my 1st experience with carbon bars / extensions and the sensation they flex under my weight (125-130 lbs) was a bit unnerving at 1st. I ponder how / whether this flexing contributed to the upward slipping of my steer tube compression plug that kept leading to my headset loosening over every ride. My shop fixed this by upgrading me to a different compression plug.

To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriRig Alpha One base bar is broken at the place, where front bolt tightens Alpha One monopost. Like the base bar exploded from inside despite the bolt was tightened to specified torque. It's a single point of failure for the whole aerobar.
Last edited by: Bartek_Zet: Sep 27, 19 3:30
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One - How to purchase? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi, are you from TriRig?

I have tried to contact your Customer Support regarding the availbility of Alpha One.

I would like to fit a Dimond Marquise Disc with the Alpha One cockpit and how can I order it. The website is a bit complicated and could not or does not answer promptly.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One - How to purchase? [Charlie_Jap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Charlie_Jap wrote:
Hi, are you from TriRig?

I have tried to contact your Customer Support regarding the availbility of Alpha One.

I would like to fit a Dimond Marquise Disc with the Alpha One cockpit and how can I order it. The website is a bit complicated and could not or does not answer promptly.

No offense but what’s complicated about the buying process? Select what you want, select Add to Cart, and go from there.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Charlie_Jap wrote:
Hi, are you from TriRig?

Like GMAN said above, it shouldn't be too complicated. And we are very happy to help you. However we are a very small company and sometimes not as fast in response as we would like to be. Normally you can expect a reply within 1-2 business days, however we are a little bit behind due to the Ironman World Championships this week. Feel free to send an email to support@tririg.com and we will be very happy to help you as fast as we can, but again, please expect some delay during this week.

Regarding purchase, just head to http://www.tririg.com/AlphaOne and select the bundle you'd like (you don't need any brakes since you have the Marquise Disc, but you might want some extensions if you don't have some already). Add to your cart, and check out via the PayPal shopping cart. It should be very straightforward, but we are happy to help you if you have any trouble. Thanks!

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One - How to purchase? [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
Charlie_Jap wrote:
Hi, are you from TriRig?

I have tried to contact your Customer Support regarding the availability of Alpha One.

No offense but what’s complicated about the buying process? Select what you want, select Add to Cart, and go from there.

I wish it is that simple!

I would like buy it and send it to a Hotel where I am staying but the website or the system doesn't allow it.
If you can show me, than I will agree that it will be simple.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We don’t recommend shipping to a temporary address. Please read our store policies at tririg.com/policies

Thanks!

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One [gregtay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gregtay wrote:
These things are rock solid and have taken a ton of abuse on the our bikes. Note that I ALWAYS use the correct torque when making adjustments.. ALWAYS. I even wrote the correct TQ number next to each bolt with a silver sharpe as a reminder.

The same is for me. Those who know me know how careful I'm when it comes to torque specification. That's why I was completely disappointed by quality of my aerobar. I have never experienced such an issue with any other carbon aerobars I owned before. Which btw. were much less expensive.

gregtay wrote:
As far as scratches, etc.... these things are sort of hand made so I don't expect them to be cosmetically perfect (meaning I am not to worried about a small blem/scratch) If you think your bar was used (messed up bolts,etc) when you received it then you should have called tririg and asked for a new one. IF you installed it and used it and now are claiming it was used when you received it then you are likely not going to get anywhere.
The problem is that just after I received my replacement, I contacted Tririg about those scratches and my suspicion that the replacement had been used before. They have confirmed that the replacement was dismounted from their expo bike, as they didn't have any other parts, and they forgot to tell me about it. I requested sending me new bar, but they rejected.

But YMMW, maybe it's only me having those problems with their product and their services.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Bartek_Zet,

In bringing your complaint to the public, it may be relevant to state that you were asking us to overnight you a replacement, and that you indicated that SPEED of replacement was of utmost important to you. In order to get you parts as fast as possible, we not only paid an additional $100 out of pocket ourselves, but yes we broke down a show bike with a bar that was completely unused (but had been mounted on a show bike). You did receive a new and unused bar, but in order to help accomplish your goal of an overnighted bar, that was what we did. When you requested that we send you another bar, at our cost, without sending anything back to us, we indeed declined that further request.

You have taken to social media and posted (by our count) at least a dozen times claiming that Alpha One has a design flaw and others should avoid purchasing the bar. Continuing to do so is, of course, your prerogative. However, please do not mislead others by failing to include all relevant facts.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And, while you may not like it, even if TriRig didn’t do as you requested or did send you a “used” part, a warranty replacement, contrary to your understanding, doesn’t have to be brand, spanking new.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One - How to purchase? [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just installed the Alpha One on my P4 and so far it looks awesome! Have to bring my bike to the shop so I can cut the fork, and will switch to Etap as well. Can't wait to test it out in the open roads, too bad it's already winter here in Sweden...

Terrible Tuesday’s Triathlon
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One - How to purchase? [oscaro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks beautiful!!

However, that Omega X brake is not installed properly. At rest, the Levers should be flush with the brake body. Then you use the M4 set screws on each lever to bring the Arms in closer and adjust pad stance width. Whoever installed that brake just brought the Wedge up, which is not only incorrect, and less aero, but could be dangerous if you pull the Wedge completely out of the brake. Please watch the installation video: https://www.tririg.com/...mp;page=installation

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One - How to purchase? [oscaro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Man I would love to get one of those on my IA2. Sadly, doesn't fit the fork.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One - How to purchase? [Geek_fit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes it does! The only nag is some DIY work you might have to do with the brake fairing. But it fits the fork just fine: https://www.tririg.com/...lpha_X_Compatibility

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One - How to purchase? [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oh, wow... I thought you said it wouldn't work because they pre-cut the fork? I must have misunderstood!

Edit: Nevermind. I remember I needed more spacers than the form would hold in order to raise up the base bar. Not the Alpha Ones fault.
Last edited by: Geek_fit: Oct 15, 19 12:09
Quote Reply

Prev Next