Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: TriRig Alpha One - Gamma one [Triben32] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One - Gamma one [Felt_Rider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for that. You're the third person that has mentioned the speedfill to me. I must take a look at it. Cheers.

P.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One - Gamma one [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Bars arrived before my new frameset! They look fast sitting in the damn packaging!
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One - Gamma one [TriowaCPA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriowaCPA wrote:

Bars arrived before my new frameset! They look fast sitting in the damn packaging!

Those are going on your P4, right? Let me know how that works out. I'm interested in replacing my stock 3T Aura Pro with something a little bit more adjustable.

Citizen of the world, former drunkard. Resident Traumatic Brain Injury advocate.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One - Gamma one [Richard Blaine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Richard Blaine wrote:
Those are going on your P4, right? Let me know how that works out. I'm interested in replacing my stock 3T Aura Pro with something a little bit more adjustable.

Yes! Frame is about done being painted. Should have all the pieces to build within a week!
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One - Gamma one [TriowaCPA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Edit:

Here are the bars installed on my Ordu OMP mechanical setup. I think finding the right BTA will be one of the challenges. Now all I really need is to find a decent wheel setup...

Last edited by: kart17: Jun 16, 18 7:25
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One - Gamma one [kart17] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kart17, why do you think finding the right BTA bottle will be a challenge. Seems like you can just throw a bottle cage on easily?

kart17 wrote:
I think finding the right BTA will be one of the challenges.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One - Gamma one [bloodyshogun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bloodyshogun wrote:
kart17, why do you think finding the right BTA bottle will be a challenge. Seems like you can just throw a bottle cage on easily?

kart17 wrote:
I think finding the right BTA will be one of the challenges.

I liked my Tor Hans AeroZ and it won’t fit. A cage fits fine there and that’s what I’ll run for the time being. I think one of the XLab / PD bottles will work. Just a comment observation. Right now I race short distance so hydration isn’t as big of a concern but when I eventually jump to 70.3 I’ll need to work on it.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One - Gamma one [kart17] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First post. Longtime lurker.

AlphaOne on my Cervelo P2 with Di2

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nick,

I'm about to upgrade my Dimond to di2 and am contemplating upgrading from alpha x to alpha one when I do (mainly for when/if I go back to ERO or a wind tunnel).

A couple of questions. Is there a hiding place for the a junction in alpha one like on the alpha x? I see that there's a square looking space, but it looks like that may interfere with the front brake cable? I run the bare cable now.

Also, I run the back to back bottle cages on the alpha x. Your website says that if you want to do this on alpha one you can just bolt the cages on an go, but it looks like the front cage would be so far forward that the extensions wouldn't allow a forward facing bottle. Do you have any photos of what this looks like on alpha one? Also, if there's not enough room, can you face the dragonfly backwards to move the cages back? Or would that make it impossible to find extensions long enough?

Thanks,
Sean
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One - Gamma one [robegan99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
apparently this does not work for the 48" Felt IA. I gave everything over to my bike mechanic to put together and he couldn't fit the Alpha one on with the omega brake AT ALL and my original brake BARELY fits (the monopost trimmed flushed at a minimum) and the brake had to be a creatively rigged b/c none of the holes for the wiring lined up. Can't wait to see what magic he worked, but I'm so over having small bike problems with fitting things on it properly!
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One - Gamma one [rinliz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Would the "no hanger back plate" for the Omega X solve your problem by chance?
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One - Gamma one [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Not sure I get the bike back today and he did mention it but will have to really look at it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Scratch my suggestion. Given where your brake cable exits, it may be difficult to impossible for you to get decent routing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rinliz wrote:
In Reply To:
Not sure I get the bike back today and he did mention it but will have to really look at it.
Based on your photos, one option would be to raise the Alpha One base bar a bit higher (but use standard round fork spacers), then lower the Monopost by the same amount (and again, trim it flush at the bottom). That would give a much easier path for the brake cable to take.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One - Gamma one [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sean H wrote:
Is there a hiding place for the a junction in alpha one like on the alpha x?

Yes there is. If you look on the Alpha One FAQ page, we show how it all fits. It's at the bottom of the page. Note that you may need to shave off the little tabs on the underside of the Di2 box to make it easier to fit in.

Quote:
Also, I run the back to back bottle cages on the alpha x. Your website says that if you want to do this on alpha one you can just bolt the cages on an go, but it looks like the front cage would be so far forward that the extensions wouldn't allow a forward facing bottle. Do you have any photos of what this looks like on alpha one? Also, if there's not enough room, can you face the dragonfly backwards to move the cages back? Or would that make it impossible to find extensions long enough?
For double cages on Alpha X, we contemplate that you'd have one on top, one on bottom (like Jesse Thomas is fond of doing). I agree, end-to-end mounting probably wouldn't fit. And no, the Dragonfly cannot be mounted backwards unfortunately.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Although now looking at Jesse Thomas' instagram, it looks like he DID mount end-to-end bottles on his Alpha One Dragonfly. Not sure exactly how that was set up. But apparently it can be done.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks. You may consider designing and selling an adapter rail that would bolt onto the existing mounting holes and then give a bunch more options for where the bottle is placed as well as the ability to do back to back bottles. There’s a gap for this in the market imo, and you could probably sell a decent chunk of them if they were universal across all sorts of different types of bars and hydration brackets.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So got the bars on and despite all the bolts tightened down there was a little play in the arm rests. I moved the pads forward to the end of the holes to get to my ideal reach, and they are creaking like crazy with any shift in weight and it sounds like its going to snap at any second, kind like walking up old stairs. Has anyone else had this issue with excess play in the armrests and these awful sounds!? I checked and double checked all the bolts.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rinliz wrote:
So got the bars on and despite all the bolts tightened down there was a little play in the arm rests. I moved the pads forward to the end of the holes to get to my ideal reach, and they are creaking like crazy with any shift in weight and it sounds like its going to snap at any second, kind like walking up old stairs. Has anyone else had this issue with excess play in the armrests and these awful sounds!? I checked and double checked all the bolts.
Sorry to hear you are having an issue with the bars!

A small amount of flex in the system is normal, and gets exaggerated when the bike is on a trainer, or when you alternatively place weight on only one arm cup or the other. On the road, this should be minimal. It can also be reduced with some carbon paste between the Monopost and Dragonfly. Regardless, we are currently working on a solution to minimize this flex, and it will be a free upgrade to anyone who has this issue.

However, if there is actual play where the Monopost is moving within its cavity in the Base Bar, that would be a different issue.

In either case, please shoot an email to support@tririg.com and we will go from there. Thanks!

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks! I sent an email and a short video. Hopefully you can see and hear the issue and it's an easy fix b/c they are the first bars and can length for the reach and the ability to get lower on. Plus they are comfortable :) And well, they are mine now since we had to shave the bottom to get my brake on!
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One - Gamma one [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sean H wrote:
Thanks. You may consider designing and selling an adapter rail that would bolt onto the existing mounting holes and then give a bunch more options for where the bottle is placed as well as the ability to do back to back bottles. There’s a gap for this in the market imo, and you could probably sell a decent chunk of them if they were universal across all sorts of different types of bars and hydration brackets.

If I understand what you're saying, I think it already exists in the bikepacking/touring/gravel world. Bolts into a normal two bolt mount, but has room to mount two bottle cages to it with loads of adjustability?

https://www.wolftoothcomponents.com/...and-accessory-device
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One - Gamma one [dangle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes! Thank you!
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One [refthimos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So, a bit cryptic since I can't give out specific numbers, but this bar is aero testing very well. I've tested it a few times now, but with one athlete in particular. This athlete is a record holder at a few distances on the track and outdoors, and one of the most meticulous aero testers I've ever met whose spent many hours in the tunnel, velodrome, and VE testing. The Alpha One has been found to consistently test faster than a USE R1. This could be attributed to allowing the athlete's position to be attained more comfortably with the actual tilt of the arm pads and extensions vs. simply higher extensions to achieve the same hand position on the USE, but it's definitely faster, and that's not an easy bar to best.

Thought folks would like to know. I'm hoping to get some numbers I can release in the next few weeks.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One - Gamma one [pgibbo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pgibbo wrote:
Hi All,

For those that have installed the Alpha, what are you using as a hydration solution. Also, what are you using to hold your Garmin?

I've mine installed and love it. Need to decide now on a hydration setup for long course and where/how to position the Garmin. Cheers.

P.

I have installed the Alpha One on my Shiv. I tried to use an XLAB Torpedo BTA (that i was using previously) mounting the cage in the dragonfly mounts rather then the XLAB versa I had previously used which required me to mount my Garmin using a standard aerobar mount. When the torpedo bottle was mounted in the cage it blocked the Garmin completely. I purchased the "Space Saver Computer Mount" from XLAB, but i felt it was sitting way to high on top of the torpedo and would be to much of an aero penalty.

I switched to a Profile Design "Aero HC" bottle and mount I had lying in the spare parts bin. It fits well, but the Garmin is a little farther back then I would like. Its not right under my eyes, but almost between the pads. I do like that the profile design is a little easier to clean then the torpedo. I have had only one ride so far, but it seemed to work well.

I may try to find the "Aero Computer Mount" that came with the torpedo https://www.xlab-usa.com/...-computer-mount.html and see if I can move the Garmin forward between wrists more, without being blocked by the bottle, but question if it will work.

Here are some shots of my setup before I changed to the Aero HC bottle.

Still have to secure the di2 wires to the monopost, to tidy up the front (done after pic) and trim the monopost (after receiving the new one and some more riding to make sure setup is dialed in)

2016 Specialized Shiv Pro Race 1x
2015 Specialized Venge
Quote Reply

Prev Next