Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: TriRig Alpha One - Gamma one [rinliz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rinliz wrote:
So got the bars on and despite all the bolts tightened down there was a little play in the arm rests. I moved the pads forward to the end of the holes to get to my ideal reach, and they are creaking like crazy with any shift in weight and it sounds like its going to snap at any second, kind like walking up old stairs. Has anyone else had this issue with excess play in the armrests and these awful sounds!? I checked and double checked all the bolts.

Had a bolt on my stem shear. Having the same issue on the dragonfly on one of my extensions and worried about the same thing... Was out test riding before my race tomorrow morning...
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One - Gamma one [kart17] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just had a bolt sheer as well. I'm pretty frustrated overall so far. Got the new post piece, which isn't really all that easy to just replace since I will now have to go back to a mechanic to cut it down for replacement (more $$! and time I don't have, which is awesome!) and I after some back and forth with their customer service about having to rig my set up on the small Felt I own and wanting to return the brake (asked twice) I bought with it since it will not fit my set up being that it's completely slammed and as far forward as possible (whole reason I bought it), their last reply was not how to return it, but replied with pictures of some guy posting his perfectly set up "what they believe is the same size IA" rig. Except I'm not so sure since the it sits up super high, not the same situation AT ALL. My brake would probably fit if I didn't have to slam down the front end. Still have the brake and very squeaky, aero pads with way more give than they should. Worst part is I think the position is decent and I like the pads, so hopefully, once I can find the time and a local mechanic to cut the new post, it will help with that and likely sell the brake second hand. But if you have a Felt IA 48" and need to slam down the front end and push the pads to the farthest out for positioning...I'm not sure I'd go through the hassle again.
Last edited by: rinliz: Aug 4, 18 18:06
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One [Jim@EROsports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jim@EROsports wrote:
So, a bit cryptic since I can't give out specific numbers, but this bar is aero testing very well.

Thanks for you continued freebie knowledge!

Just a pure self-interest question. Do you have a general idea where the HED Corsair bar falls in terms of the general taxonomy of aeroness? Great, good, OK, etc?
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No direct testing of the HED.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just circling back around on my trials with the Alpha One, finally got the new aluminum center piece on and a little carbon paste with it and NO creaking noise!! So. Much. Better. It is also a lot more stable. It was only a little over an hour on the ride, but I was riding hard and able to stay relaxed in the aero position vice tensed up terrified it was going to crack in half. Great fix. Thank you TriRig.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So, what's the deal with shearing bolts? That seems really bad. Is it a hardware quality issue or something about the system design? Are you still riding the bar and what did you change, if anything?

My experience: On the positive side, the cable routing is fantastic. It is great when I'm doing Chung method testing to be able to quickly change pad height. The slammed mounting lets me pedestal my pads and get the nice low pursuit height that I like. They gave original customers a free upgraded monopost that is a better design without us even having to request it -- although it is arguable whether the original design was stiff enough to be a product.

On the negative: I also had some frustrations getting it to work on my Speed Concept 2.5 (the weird aluminum one). The bar interfered with the entry holes for my cables in the frame, and then the monopost interfered with the brake cable hanger because the brake didn't mount parallel to my fork and I didn't want to cut it. I'm not really dialed in with a new fit and I also do a range of events from 40k up to 12 hour TTs. The customer service interaction was prompt, but it usually took a round to get them to believe that my problem was actually happening and then another for them to point out that I could dremel my frame or buy a brake without hanger from them or cut the monopost and then buy a spare. I was a little bummed about the last one because they sent me the link to purchase a spare after they'd already announced the AL upgrade. If I'd blindly clicked on it, I might have wasted $100.

Lately, I've had screws coming loose that were torqued to spec -- both on the stem and monopost-to-dragonfly mount. The Dragonfly is also worn through a layer of carbon from rubbing underneath. I've put the aluminum monopost upgrade on and assume it will help stiffen the whole system and keep motion from loosening and wearing the dragonfly.

To the customer support person's credit, I originally sent him a picture with my brake pad holders assembled backwards, which demonstrated that I can be pretty bone-headed, and he was nice enough to point it out and save me from riding dangerous brakes.

Anyway, I'm very interested in the shearing bolts issue and what should be done to mitigate the risk of an unbolted handlebar. I'm not sure if I'd buy a Tririg bar again, but it is a really awesome design in some ways. It does demonstrate to me that spending (relatively) big money on my bike is not going to solve all my problem.s
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One [refthimos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wondering how people are getting on with their Alpha One. I am considering this as an upgrade for next year.
Also, I couldn't see any info on the stem angle. It looks -17 from the photos. Correct?
Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One [DaveQB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DaveQB wrote:
Also, I couldn't see any info on the stem angle. It looks -17 from the photos. Correct?
Thanks.

Why would you need to know that? Tririg's site has bike model specific fit guide, which should be enough for assessing if you fit on your bar + bike combination.

----------------------------
Need more W/CdA.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One [mrlobber] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mrlobber wrote:
DaveQB wrote:
Thanks.

Why would you need to know that? Tririg's site has bike model specific fit guide, which should be enough for assessing if you fit on your bar + bike combination.

Ok I will give the long, background story.
I recently stripped a bolt on my felt basebase clamps. I was getting that fixed, but remembered I had a Profile Design setup. So I dusted them off. Quite like the clamp part design (pun not intended). I found it lowered the aerobar about 8-12mm when compared to the Felt setup. So I needed to buy spaces for that. Looking at the spacers, I figured it I am going to buy spacers, I might as well make the switch from a -6 stem to a -17 stem as well as I have been planning to do that one day. But in doing this, I thought I shouldn't go to -17 if the Alpha One is a -6 setup (higher bullhorns) as I will just come back up again in the near (I hope) future after getting used to a lower bullhorn placement.

Does that make sense?

PS I figured the Alpha One was a -17, so I went ahead with the change, buying a $44 -17 stem to test it out. Love it! Having the bullhorns that little bit lower means my hands press down on the grips rather than sliding forward trying to slip off the front. Much more comfortable when noodling around with friends.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DaveQB wrote:
I wondering how people are getting on with their Alpha One. I am considering this as an upgrade for next year.
Thanks.

Bump, #metoo

Also, are people cutting the excess mono-post?
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One [eganski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting that they still show a 4-6 lead time. Found that odd, considering not many people are weighing in on their purchase.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One [Mike Alexander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mike Alexander wrote:
Interesting that they still show a 4-6 lead time. Found that odd, considering not many people are weighing in on their purchase.
We have been consistently shipping Alpha One purchases all year. But unfortunately we haven't been able to catch up fast enough to have them in stock, so the 4-6 week estimate stays up there. Often, folks are getting them much faster than 4-6 weeks. Why they don't comment in this thread, I couldn't say. But we have gotten some customers sending us shots of their rigs, and we sometimes put them up on our facebook page. So far everyone is pretty much universally happy with the bars. We are really hoping to have some bars in stock before the end of the year.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ordered a set last week. I will update how long it took when I get them.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriRig wrote:
Mike Alexander wrote:
We have been consistently shipping Alpha One purchases all year. But unfortunately we haven't been able to catch up fast enough to have them in stock, so the 4-6 week estimate stays up there. Often, folks are getting them much faster than 4-6 weeks. Why they don't comment in this thread, I couldn't say. But we have gotten some customers sending us shots of their rigs, and we sometimes put them up on our facebook page. So far everyone is pretty much universally happy with the bars. We are really hoping to have some bars in stock before the end of the year.

Thanks for the response.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
eganski wrote:

I had to since mine is pretty much slammed on my small 48 Felt. Wouldn't fit otherwise.
Last edited by: rinliz: Oct 24, 18 16:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My bars have been great! Mono post cut flush on my P5

Last edited by: scca_ita: Oct 24, 18 16:57
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
eganski wrote:
DaveQB wrote:
Thanks.

Bump, #metoo

I've cut my monopost - no problems, and also I love the bar. Really great to be able to adjust in a few seconds during rides and experiment with different positions.

Are you ready to do an Ultraman? | How I calculate Ironman race fueling | Strength Training for Athletes |
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One [scca_ita] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you have any pictures of how you've set up the cabling on your P5? Especially interested to see how it goes from the stem into the frame. I have just ordered one for my P5.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:

Cue TriRig frantically trying to find your order on the list and ship ASAP
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ordered on the 12th and mine are to arrive today. BTW, I ordered the extensions and two brakes as well. Website still says 4-6 weeks so I'm pleasantly surprised.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One [Mike Alexander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm probably a little biased as I thought this would be the best aero bar ever when I first saw the drawings a little over 1 year ago, but the Alpha One has lived up to my expectations and TriRig has definitely taken the under promise/over deliver route when it comes to getting bars out the door. All my clients who have them, love them. They couldn't be happier with the form, function, and quality of the build. There's also at least some data to indicate this is the most aero of aero bars.

These bars are going to allow me to offer a new fitting service, which I'll create a post on later today seeking the collective ST input/wisdom. I'm pretty excited about it to be honest.

Oh, and I've said it before and I'll say it again much to everyone's chagrin...this bar should cost more. $1500. I told Nick that from the get go. I think he knows he could sell it for more, but he chooses not to.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One [Jim@EROsports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone have any pics of this on a Shiv? Also, anyone running SRAM.....where did you mount the blip box?
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One [Liaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Liaman wrote:
The GMAN wrote:

Cue TriRig frantically trying to find your order on the list and ship ASAP

Don’t think I didn’t have an alterior motive in mind when I posted that. :-)

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One [MTM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have eTAP... only rear brake line needed but plenty of room for mechanical cables di2 etc too. I never used the 3T bars but packing this is easy. Torhans bento fits perfectly.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One [scca_ita] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Would be interested to see the brake cabling from stem to frame. I'm running Di2 but not worried about getting the Di2 cables run neatly.
Quote Reply

Prev Next