Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: TriRig Alpha One [Jim@EROsports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just pulled the trigger on this for my P3. Already have omega X so looking for a good improvement in position and some aero.
Jim do you have results for the P3 with P5 fork? would there be any substantial gains? or just aero-coolness?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One [super_6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's a shot of the Alpha One mounted up to my wifes PRfive.

Quote | Reply
Hi everyone.
How do you manage to hide junction box in the Alpha One ?
Hard to put 5 ports junction and wires... Any tips ?
Thanks

Professional French Bike Shop.
https://www.instagram.com/zebikeshop/
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One [AnthonyParis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AnthonyParis wrote:
Hi everyone.
How do you manage to hide junction box in the Alpha One ?
Hard to put 5 ports junction and wires... Any tips ?
Thanks

In theory you can, see: https://www.tririg.com/...lphaone&page=faq but I think individual results may vary. On my wife's QR (pink bike above) the 5 port is hidden in a cavity in the front section of the bento box, so all wires run to it and the wires just pass through the Alpha One. I am also swapping my Shiv from an Alpha X to an Alpha One and so far no luck with the 5 port fitting. I have an Omega brake and terminate the brake cable housing in the Alpha One cavity and run bare cable down to the brake which means the cable housing is 90 degrees vertical and that cable housing pretty much makes it impossible to fit the junction :-/. I had no issues with the Alpha X but the cavity was longer so the junction fit in front of the brake cable housing. I need to play around a but I might need to swap to the new bar end junction A and just put a 4 port B junction in the Alpha cavity. I'll keep you updated as I make progress.

Quote | Reply
One big help can be to cut off or file off the mounting tab on the back of the junction. Perfectly safe to do, and it gives you several extra mm of room.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriRig wrote:
One big help can be to cut off or file off the mounting tab on the back of the junction. Perfectly safe to do, and it gives you several extra mm of room.
Already done but Still very complicated😬

Professional French Bike Shop.
https://www.instagram.com/zebikeshop/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I haven't seen a ton of mechanical setups but those that I have generally have cabling run from extension end to top tube port via a gentle bend (out in the wind). Is that the preferred? I don't think Shimano or Jagwire is flexible enough to try and pull close to the back of the monopost and through the cap...maybe Alligator I-link? Even though...shifting would have to take a hit...right?
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One [JASpencer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JASpencer wrote:
I haven't seen a ton of mechanical setups but those that I have generally have cabling run from extension end to top tube port via a gentle bend (out in the wind). Is that the preferred? I don't think Shimano or Jagwire is flexible enough to try and pull close to the back of the monopost and through the cap...maybe Alligator I-link? Even though...shifting would have to take a hit...right?

How I prefer to do it (and how we set up Omni builds with SRAM 1x mechanical) - keep the shift housing OUTSIDE the extension. Hide it under bar tape, then after it exits the bar tape, it has a nice gentle path down, around the Monopost, and into the cable inlet at the front of the Cable Cover part. Virtually no extra frontal area exposed to the wind, excellent functionality, and this option makes it really easy to make adjustments to stack and tilt without binding the cable. Personally I think it looks better than your other suggested option (out the back of the extension), but if you're planning to make EXTREME changes to stack and tilt over time, this option potentially makes it a little easier to do so.

--
TriRig.com
Last edited by: TriRig: Dec 12, 18 14:54
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriRig wrote:

How I prefer to do it (and how we set up Omni builds with SRAM 1x mechanical) - keep the shift housing OUTSIDE the extension. Hide it under bar tape, then after it exits the bar tape, it has a nice gentle path down, around the Monopost, and into the cable inlet at the front of the Cable Cover part. Virtually no extra frontal area exposed to the wind, excellent functionality, and this option makes it really easy to make adjustments to stack and tilt without binding the cable. Personally I think it looks better than your other suggested option (out the back of the extension), but if you're planning to make EXTREME changes to stack and tilt over time, this option potentially makes it a little easier to do so.

Any pictures? I'll be installing my Alpha One with mechanical shifting over the holidays.
Last edited by: beston: Dec 16, 18 19:32
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any Aussies out there with an Alpha One or X able to let me know if your bars got held up at customs. Tracking says they left San Francisco on the 2nd of December but nothing since. Did customs chase you for GST?
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One [borncrazy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
borncrazy wrote:
Any Aussies out there with an Alpha One or X able to let me know if your bars got held up at customs. Tracking says they left San Francisco on the 2nd of December but nothing since. Did customs chase you for GST?

Brisbane, here. My Alpha X came straight through, no worries. I have had wheels held up in the past, but nothing from TriRig.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Thread,

Do we have consensus on the cleanest way to mount a Garmin on the A1?

Scott
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One [GreatScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreatScott wrote:
Hey Thread,

Do we have consensus on the cleanest way to mount a Garmin on the A1?

Scott
There are lots of good ones. But I tend to recommend parts by Glen Alden: http://www.alden-carbon.com. His BTA mounts let you put the computer wherever you want, with a minimum of fuss. Or for a very elegant solution (but one that doesn't give you as much say where the computer goes), try his "Extended Computer Mount": https://www.alden-carbon.com/...nded-computer-mounts

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One [beston] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
beston wrote:
TriRig wrote:

Any pictures? I'll be installing my Alpha One with mechanical shifting over the holidays.

1. Thanks.
2. Ditto. I'm not finding anything examples on the site or via google image search.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Working on photography for that this week. Once ready, it will show up on the "Installation" page of Alpha One. Stay tuned!

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JASpencer wrote:

1. Thanks.
2. Ditto. I'm not finding anything examples on the site or via google image search.

Oh man, it was a bit of a challenge to run mechanical housing through the top cap/cover. It had me seriously considering if I should just pay up for Di2.

I hope the pictures are helpful and here's the process that worked for me.

1. Here's a shot with the Brake lines in place and the top cover off. That part went easy enough.

2. Trying to put the cover on with both mechanical gear cables/housing
- It's really hard to get the cable housing to stay inside the center notch....
- It's impossible to install the top cover and squeeze in both gear housing lines at the same time with the monopost in place.

My solution.
a. Take out the monopost
b. Run one gear housing first
c. Run the cable line from the other gear separately.

3. Feed the other gear housing through

4. Insert the monopost back in.

5. That's basically it. Here's a couple more images of the cables out the front and back. Notice that the gear cables are not routed through the bars (as Tririg suggested) I'll likely post a couple more pictures in better light/quality tomorrow to show the finished product. It seems like there's a lot of adjustablity in the monopost height with this set up.

Last edited by: beston: Dec 18, 18 6:30
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's a follow up to the installation with better pictures. As you can see, I can easily adjust the height an make full use of the monopost range. I clearly have to trim the monopost, but I'll wait until after I do a Retul fit.

I'm installing the alpha one on a Cervelo P2 frame. For those familiar with cable routing on these frames, you can see that I decided NOT to reinstall the cable port cap behind the stem. This is intentional as it would severely restrict movement of the cables and limit steering. I suppose the cover would be good to keep out rain, but it's not really relevant otherwise.

My extensions are set up within the UCI exemption limit as I mainly participate in TT's these days.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cool

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
beston wrote:
5. That's basically it. Here's a couple more images of the cables out the front and back. Notice that the gear cables are not routed through the bars (as Tririg suggested) I'll likely post a couple more pictures in better light/quality tomorrow to show the finished product. It seems like there's a lot of adjustablity in the monopost height with this set up.

Doesn't look like running the cables through the extensions would have hampered cable routing or cable drag, any reason why you didn't? Is it to facilitate Pad Y changes without having to re-cable every time? Will you be running the housing through the extensions once you decide on a pad height?

My YouTubes

Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One [LAI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep. I want to keep some stack adjustability for the time being.

I have tweaked my fit quite a bit over the last 10 years, on my own, and I'm at the point now that I'd like to see what a well respected fitter thinks/recommends. I also want to back that up with doing some Chung aero testing. So, I want to keep some adjustability for now.

I suppose I can route the housing through the bars when I'm all settled in, just for the sake of aesthetics.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
beston wrote:
I suppose I can route the housing through the bars when I'm all settled in, just for the sake of aesthetics.

That's the most important consideration! ;)

ETA: forgot to say sweet looking setup!

My YouTubes

Last edited by: LAI: Dec 18, 18 7:33
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the pics!

Who makes that Garmin mount?

Scott
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow, thank you. Unfortunately you may have just sold me on di2 lol...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JASpencer wrote:
Wow, thank you. Unfortunately you may have just sold me on di2 lol...

i hear you! ...I'm still considering Di2 myself!
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One [GreatScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreatScott wrote:
Thanks for the pics!

Who makes that Garmin mount?

Scott

That's a K edge Slpayd garmin mount. My integrated road handlebars use this mount type, and I had an extra lying around. You can also get carbon versions (not k-edge brand) from eBay or Aliexpress for cheaper (~$20)
Quote Reply

Prev Next