Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: TriRig Alpha One [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
Nick, I need to cut my monopost. What's the best option?

I used a hacksaw with a 32tpi blade, and a cheap mitre box to help me get a straight cut. I then smoothed it out with a sanding attachment on a Dremel. I have pics (the red Felt IA16) in this and another thread. It came out great.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One [robegan99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
robegan99 wrote:
The GMAN wrote:

I used a hacksaw with a 32tpi blade, and a cheap mitre box to help me get a straight cut. I then smoothed it out with a sanding attachment on a Dremel. I have pics (the red Felt IA16) in this and another thread. It came out great.

I was eyeing your Felt today actually. I have etap aero group supposedly on the way and I was considering going with the Alpha One on my Felt IA16. Saw your bike first with a Google search that led me back to the ST. I am sure I will be looking at it some more before I decide. The Shiv pictures with the blip box under the aero bars was also very helpful.

Thanks for posting.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One [robegan99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
robegan99 wrote:
The GMAN wrote:

The newer aluminum monopost and not the carbon one, right?

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:

Yes, it's aluminum. Should be pretty easy to cut.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
robegan99 wrote:
The GMAN wrote:

Yep, I actually still use the carbon one. But I have the aluminum, also trimmed in he same fashion.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig One [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I second that. Very curious for the scaling.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One [beston] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any issue with traveling with alpha one and mechanical?

Do you just take the whole stem assembly off the head tube?
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One [dcohen24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dcohen24 wrote:
Any issue with traveling with alpha one and mechanical?

Do you just take the whole stem assembly off the head tube?

I don't have much intention to pack my bike up for flying. Having said that;
If the basebars can stay attached to the bike, the extensions could easily be unattached to make the whole front end more compact.
If the basebars need to be removed, then you might run into more frustrations upon re-installation when trying to route the shift cable housing under the top cap. Tririg's instructions made it look easy, but I found it to be tricky. YMMV.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One [beston] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yikes.
Not a ringing endorsement.

Thinking taking the aero extensions off means I don't need to touch the shift cables.

That leaves the brake cables. I guess id need to figure out how to figure out how to unclip omega x brakes, or just need to leave enough play to pull the stem off the headset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dcohen24 wrote:
Yikes.
Not a ringing endorsement.

Thinking taking the aero extensions off means I don't need to touch the shift cables.

That leaves the brake cables. I guess id need to figure out how to figure out how to unclip omega x brakes, or just need to leave enough play to pull the stem off the headset
Depending on the setup, it may be perfectly convenient to remove the bars without touching ANY cables. Feel free to email us with any specific questions, at support@tririg.com - happy to help! Thanks.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks nick.
It will be on a p3 with a pair of omega x brakes +mechanical shifters
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dcohen24 wrote:
Thanks nick.
It will be on a p3 with a pair of omega x brakes +mechanical shifters
So, correct me if I'm wrong, but your intended use case is to leave the base bar on the bike, but remove extensions? In that case, for Alpha One, just remove the Dragonfly (the two vertical-address bolts that connect it to the Monopost) and swing the whole Dragonfly + Extensions + Shifters assembly to one side. They should be able to tuck out of the way with no issue at all. If that's not what you mean, please correct me. In any case, travel with Alpha One is easier than anything else on the market, bar none.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok the guys that have alpha one’s, traveling in a bike case is super simple. I flew to Kona using a Premier Tactical case. Base bar stays on. Front monopost bolt loosen. Detach the Di2 wires if you have them. Pull monopost and extensions out wrap separate......it is that simple
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One [Mugen_EP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m going to setup my Cannondale slice with etap and the alpha one. Can you send me some more details on how you mounted your blip box.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One [FernandoD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FernandoD wrote:
I’m going to setup my Cannondale slice with etap and the alpha one. Can you send me some more details on how you mounted your blip box.

Thanks

+2 That bike looks great!!

I have the etap aero group with clics and have ordered the Alpha One with plans of setting up my Felt like this Shiv except for the BTA (using a Speedfil Z4). I thought it is interesting as well that the Omega X brake cable is not using a cable housing. Would like to know how the blip box is connected. Strong double sided tape or something different? I think I prefer this over trying to stuff it into the Calpac.

Also I do not see any other blips? I plan on just using the extension clics.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
how did you do that??

Eric

Mugen_EP wrote:
TriRig wrote:
Jim@EROsports wrote:
that's the cleanest Blip Box install I think I've seen. It's pretty well hidden.

I've got a cleaner one to show off, tomorrow ;-) But I'll agree that's the cleanest EXTERNAL BlipBox install. The M5 threads on the dragonfly go all the way through, for mounting of parts above or below :-)

On a Shiv??

I'm still trying to think of ways to route it internally, so I'd be really interested in seeing it. Please keep us posted Nick!

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One [Felt_Rider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Felt_Rider wrote:
FernandoD wrote:

Thanks

+2 That bike looks great!!

I have the etap aero group with clics and have ordered the Alpha One with plans of setting up my Felt like this Shiv except for the BTA (using a Speedfil Z4). I thought it is interesting as well that the Omega X brake cable is not using a cable housing. Would like to know how the blip box is connected. Strong double sided tape or something different? I think I prefer this over trying to stuff it into the Calpac.

Also I do not see any other blips? I plan on just using the extension clics.

The Blipbox has a built-in screw mount, which I'm utilizing. You can see it called out here in the manual, basically warning you not to screw further than 5mm deep.

I used a screw from the top down, going through the Dragonfly mount, but NOT using the threads on the Dragonfly. You can see the screw in this pic between the bottle cage screws. I was able to get it to sit flush with the Alden-Carbon mount and not interfere with the cage itself.

This is just an image from the front showing it tucked in nicely between the extensions.

View looking up at the Blipbox from underneath. Since the Blipbox is mounted upside down, the Clics need to cross over to the other side. I am not using any blips so I have the 2 plugs in place.

Any additional questions or pic requests, I'll try and answer as quickly as I can.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you for the detailed info and pictures. This is very helpful.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One [dtoce] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dtoce wrote:
2018 Cervelo P3 w hidden DI2 inside of stem (not bento)

Pic of the front end of bike
https://imgur.com/p8uYj5X

Just got my P2 back after having the alpha one installed, guy did a really neat job putting the di2 box under the bars (much like the blip box installs). Foolishly when I got home I thought I’d just pop off the topcap & put the junction box in the cavity...

That was a few hours ago & I’ve now resorted to putting it in a bento box.

Reading this thread it seems that I’ll need to file the box down to get it in. But even if I go down that route I’m not convinced I can squeeze everything in, it might be a trick of the photo, but your rear brake cable looks thinner than mine...

Would you mind taking a few pictures under the top cap? I’d really like to see how the brake & di2 cables sit with respect to the junction box (above/below/left/right)

If anyone else has tips/tricks/photo’s please shout.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One [SteveM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sure Steve
I will do it tomorrow-having a bit of a time getting my breath after doing the 2nd Norseman race today.

I did the 10 am race too, along with a 3 mile w/u run before the first race, and ran a 1 hr run at my goal RP in between them.
Total of 10 miles R and 90 miles B today (*6 hrs)

Gonna eat now and rest...pics tomorrow, OK?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Unacceptable ;-)

Very much appreciated, no rush.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One [SteveM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SteveM wrote:
Very much appreciated.

https://imgur.com/a/lV9hbbQ
pic of the top of the TriRig

pic of the open storage box with junction box (broken up to fit) inside

https://imgur.com/a/UBAHlZF
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's lovely. Any particular reason you went for 3 stem spacers, instead of slamming the stem and putting the Monopost at 5 instead of 2? Looks like your pads are centered, and the 9mm or so of rearward pad movement shouldn't be a deal-breaker for slamming the stem. Of course, that's one advantage to the system - lots of different ways to set it up.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
To be honest, I didn't initially think about the various options. I just wanted it to mimic my prior setup and I like having my horns/stem a bit higher. Good to know that I can raise the monopost but I was uncertain about whether or not I was going to be able to get lower due to back issues and I told the shop to use the spacers. Of course, that was silly in retrospect. I do realize that I'm paying a bit of an added aero penalty for the additional spacers...I suspect it won't be too big a deal to remove the spacers, if necessary. Adjusting the cockpit is heavenly! I've really been able to play with my fit and tweak away all soreness. I just love that part of it. Future iterations of this should likely include a slightly larger space for electronic shifting junction boxes to avoid the need for them to be hidden elsewhere.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ahh... the rear brake cable is over the top of the box..

Did you trim the tabs off the di2? I like the idea of putting it in a little plastic bag & the little bungs around the cap, very neat.
Quote Reply

Prev Next