Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: TriRig Alpha One [beston] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
beston wrote:
That's a K edge Slpayd garmin mount.
Great pictures of your setup! You beat us to the punch :-)

Regarding the Splayd mount, note that you should also be able to attach it on the underside of the Dragonfly, leaving the top surface of the Dragonfly available for bottle cages and the like.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm sure you'd take better pictures. At least your workspace wouldn't be as ugly.

Thanks for the tip on the Splayd mount. I just installed it on the underside and it looks better (and maintains more functionality of the dragonfly mount.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pictures are up, at the Alpha One Installation Page.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Surely, I'm not reading this correctly. Is the "dragonfly' with narrow arm cup mounts really an extra $759.99?

[inline screenshot-http://www.tririg.com-2018.12.18-15-12-01.png]
Last edited by: Ohio_Roadie: Dec 18, 18 14:16
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One [Ohio_Roadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the description in that screenshot explains why.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Ohio_Roadie [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I looked into making some custom parts for my Alpha One but the cost even with my connections to lots of prototype sources would still be high. I also wish I could get another 20mm less reach on the Alpha One Dragon Fly if Nick offered them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ohio_Roadie wrote:
I get that, but I don't know if I'll ever get over the sticker shock of low volume/custom parts. I just think of how many weeks of rent that is.

The custom risers for my shiv were done pro bono by a friend but would have cost $550 if he charged me. After attempting to do anything with Autodesk, I recently got an estimate for an aero bar CAD based off some drawings of $3000 and a Ti printing was also estimated at $3000+, so even if I struggle to feel comfortable with the prices, I'm learning to understand them.
The name of the product contains a clue as to its origin and purpose. MVH stands for Molly Van Houweling, former hour record holder and a personal friend.

We developed that special dragonfly for her in her quest for speed, and (possibly) another hour record attempt. But in order to be fully-compliant with the UCI, all parts she uses are supposed to be commercially available to the consumer. Not all record attempts are made in compliance with that particular rule, but we wanted to comply. So we did produce a production batch of them, and as you can see they are in stock ready to ship. It was never meant as a profit center, or as an attractive upgrade. Just, it's available. And yes, it's hugely expensive to make.

We have no plans to develop additional custom Dragonfly mounts, just the one for a special rider and a good friend.

As far as getting less reach on the current Dragonfly ... stay tuned for our updated Ergo Cups, which will allow you to do just that.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks and I wasn't trying to be a jerk so I hope I didn't come off that way. Speaking of MVH, I just saw a great photo of her on the Lexus Velodrome and a very clean Alpha One set up. I couldn't quite figure out what was going on but I think that I've just seen the stars align. Congrats on another great product and who knows, maybe I'll have the cash soon enough to put some more of your products on my bikes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriRig wrote:
Ohio_Roadie wrote:
I get that, but I don't know if I'll ever get over the sticker shock of low volume/custom parts. I just think of how many weeks of rent that is.

The custom risers for my shiv were done pro bono by a friend but would have cost $550 if he charged me. After attempting to do anything with Autodesk, I recently got an estimate for an aero bar CAD based off some drawings of $3000 and a Ti printing was also estimated at $3000+, so even if I struggle to feel comfortable with the prices, I'm learning to understand them.
The name of the product contains a clue as to its origin and purpose. MVH stands for Molly Van Houweling, former hour record holder and a personal friend.

We developed that special dragonfly for her in her quest for speed, and (possibly) another hour record attempt. But in order to be fully-compliant with the UCI, all parts she uses are supposed to be commercially available to the consumer. Not all record attempts are made in compliance with that particular rule, but we wanted to comply. So we did produce a production batch of them, and as you can see they are in stock ready to ship. It was never meant as a profit center, or as an attractive upgrade. Just, it's available. And yes, it's hugely expensive to make.

We have no plans to develop additional custom Dragonfly mounts, just the one for a special rider and a good friend.

As far as getting less reach on the current Dragonfly ... stay tuned for our updated Ergo Cups, which will allow you to do just that.

Awesome can’t wait for the new Ergo cups then! Since I’m not far off the perfect fit!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ohio_Roadie wrote:

Honestly I'm surprised a Ti printed custom aero bar wouldn't cost more. I'd expect to see these on bikes that run Lightweight Fernweg or Autobahn wheelsets
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haha, just some more halo/dream bike gear that won’t make it further than my dreams. However, thankfully, most TriRig gear doesn’t fall into that category. It just falls in the category that I should get my significant others approval before it goes on the credit card.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed but encouraged by it!

Downside would be if you needed to make any tweaks - $3k a pop.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Question on tilt:

Does the Tilt Washer remain level while the Dragonfly tilts?
Or, should the Tilt Washer itself rotate (and remain flush with the Dragonfly)?

Scott
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One [GreatScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreatScott wrote:
Question on tilt:

Does the Tilt Washer remain level while the Dragonfly tilts?
Or, should the Tilt Washer itself rotate (and remain flush with the Dragonfly)?

Scott
The Tilt Washer remains level while the Dragonfly tilts.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
P2/P3 owners, have you used the small spacer to fill in the recess on the underside of the alpha one stem? Without it I feel like the stem is rubbing against the bottom race of the bearing.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One - Gamma one [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
do you know of any ways to give a little upturn ot the brakes to give something to brace against when on the hoods instead of resting on the extensions.

Either a brake with some natural upturn or something maybe like the old felt tri grips? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looking for a new bar for my Felt IA10 and debating between the Alpha One and ALpha X. Does anyone know if the Torhans 30 will work the Alpha One and sit relatively close to the head tube or does the bracket between the extensions force the bottle out quite a ways from the head tube making it inefficient? Based on the pictures on Tririg's website, it looks like it would not be a good setup and I'd be better to go with the Alpha X.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One [MOPinCO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MOPinCO wrote:
Does anyone know if the Torhans 30 will work the Alpha One and sit relatively close to the head tube or does the bracket between the extensions force the bottle out quite a ways from the head tube making it inefficient? Based on the pictures on Tririg's website, it looks like it would not be a good setup.
You're correct that a dropdown-type bottle like the TorHans 30 won't be a great fit on Alpha One. However, I wouldn't ditch Alpha One based on an aero bottle consideration. Alpha One is advantageous for other reasons - the quick-adjustment is incredible once you get a chance to use it.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Nick!

Does anyone have a pic of the Alpha One on an IA10/14/16?
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One [MOPinCO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There are a couple on our Facebook page photos.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is my Canyon Speedmax CF year 2018, size XS, photos are showing images before and after installation of Alpha One and Omega X.

Hopefully with universal cover soon.

Badrul

Last edited by: badrul: Jan 19, 19 0:19
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One [badrul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you're killing me with those two uncontrolled di2 wires
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One [iamuwere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah I thought original set up looked better without all those Tririg spacers
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One [badrul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Work away the di2 cables and it looks really nice, but are you armpads as high or maybe even higher then your saddle or is that the angle of the camera?

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply

Prev Next