Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
American Zofingen 2014 Official Thread
Quote | Reply
Dear Loyal AmZofians; Four months today. Get off the couch and do something resembling training today...... because the glaciers didn't roll through and flatten these suckers over the winter....

With love and hugs from your Assistant Director of Marketing and Purveyor of Fine Canadian Beer

Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2014 Official Thread [CeeCee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
been running I guess it is time to think about biking....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Back to the GCG distance this year. After my double flat last year, I need a good season.

Any sign of rain and I'm bringing my wetsuit!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I enjoyed the rain in 2011 and 2013, but am hoping to see some of the great views this year. It would be nice to suffer with some sunshine. I've gone to the pool three times already this year, so if it ends up being a monsoon at AmZof again, I'll be "ready."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After last year's conditions, I'm focusing on the pool all winter. I figure being in the water can't hurt!

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! đŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Okay, this is like Christmas sales, it keeps coming earlier every year.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2014 Official Thread [tri_yoda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tri_yoda wrote:
Okay, this is like Christmas sales, it keeps coming earlier every year.

Really? Now I have to go back and look at the date of last year's 1st post.

See, I am out of control without proper supervision of the DofM, but we all know he doesn't show up until April Fool's Day (how appropos...)
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2014 Official Thread [prattzc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
prattzc wrote:
Back to the GCG distance this year. After my double flat last year, I need a good season.

Any sign of rain and I'm bringing my wetsuit!!

I've been thinking about the GCG as well. Signed up for the CWD, but 4 months to finalize the decision.

So how many of you "Fairfield County Fast Guys" retired last year and are already un-retired. :)

Even Jordan took more time off to give others a chance to do well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In south Florida for a couple more days. The terrain down here is the antithesis of New Paltz. I am itching to return to the hills of Harriman for some training.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As far as my preparation as RD, I'm just back from the brewery. Sampled a strong belgian ale out of the fermenter - yummy. It'll be gone long before AmZof, but we'll make more.

2015 American Zofingen Du is May 17.
R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am in for for my 4th year. Since I started showing up it has been rainy, sunny ( and too hot ), and rainy again. Hopefully the pattern will continue with a sunny day so my kids and I do not come back to the house looking like a mud bomb exploded.

I am signed up for the CWD, if I can get my achilles tuned up and actually run a little I am hoping to man up to the GCG. In the meantime, I am spending many hours staring at Trainerroad while creating a puddles of stink in my basement.
Last edited by: blwmhv: Jan 19, 14 13:51
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2014 Official Thread [blwmhv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
blwmhv wrote:
I am hoping to man up to the CGC.

That would be "boying" up. LC is the real men's race. Just ask krol.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2014 Official Thread [tri_yoda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And....are you coming back to take over your thrown?
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2014 Official Thread [prattzc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
prattzc wrote:
And....are you coming back to take over your throne?

Like winning? or to resume drinking on course?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhnOpsrpz_s

(Drat, can't find Part 2, somebody else will have to dig up that one)
Last edited by: CeeCee: Jan 18, 14 15:08
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When does registration for the Long course open? The website says "sold out", is this true already?
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2014 Official Thread [dbikelink] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IIRC, it's limited to a total number for all three races combined, and it's been sold out for a couple months. Seems like most people enjoy coming back once they've tried it. "Tetsuoni" can confirm if it's sold out for sure.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2014 Official Thread [bltri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, it's been sold out for months. Last I heard, there were still some charity spots remaining which I believe are $500, for any distance race, with proceeds going to the nature preserve where the race is held. The race # is limited by the small # of parking spots available.

There is also a 4 x 29 mile loop time trial that happens at the same time on the same bike course, but it is not officially part of AmZof.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Glad I'm one of the lucky few to get in. Third year in a row for the CGC. I'll take the hot weather over the rain from last year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am in for middle distance. Should be lots of fun.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
...thought I felt a tingle up my leg (e.g. Chris Matthews when Obama speaks) AmZof thread feels early this year as I still have uneaten Halloween candy. Fourth time in the CWD for me this year. One more punch hole in my CWD race card and I earn the Tetsuoni hormone therapy and get in the queue for sex reassignment surgery. ('Bout time!)
Always give consideration to 'boying' up to GCG distance and hope to surprise Cee Cee one year when I toe the line 30 minutes before her.......shock and awe! Will this be the year?!
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2014 Official Thread [Trihumor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trihumor wrote:
...thought I felt a tingle up my leg (e.g. Chris Matthews when Obama speaks) AmZof thread feels early this year as I still have uneaten Halloween candy. Fourth time in the CWD for me this year. One more punch hole in my CWD race card and I earn the Tetsuoni hormone therapy and get in the queue for sex reassignment surgery. ('Bout time!)

Always give consideration to 'boying' up to GCG distance and hope to surprise Cee Cee one year when I toe the line 30 minutes before her.......shock and awe! Will this be the year?!

Not true, you silly Carnie! It started on January 15th last year versus January 18th this year, aka yesterday. However, you may be in your own special timezone where Italian pastries are clouding your judgement.
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_flat;post=4376023;page=1;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;mh=25;

No, say it isn't so, don't do the GCG Memorial.... stay in CWD with me!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is this really true for the Iron ITT as well? Hard to blame someone but myself, but last I looked the long course was sold out but the Iron ITT had not yet opened registrations. When I look now it looks like everything is sold out and I'm cursing my incompetence. I'm sure last year I saw Iron ITT spots being open close to the event date.

--
When I channel my hate to productive, I don't find it hard to impress
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2014 Official Thread [JFromTheBlock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JFromTheBlock wrote:
Is this really true for the Iron ITT as well? Hard to blame someone but myself, but last I looked the long course was sold out but the Iron ITT had not yet opened registrations. When I look now it looks like everything is sold out and I'm cursing my incompetence. I'm sure last year I saw Iron ITT spots being open close to the event date.

will find out for you.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2014 Official Thread [JFromTheBlock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JFromTheBlock wrote:

No worries, registration for the Iron ITT has not even opened yet - it is supposed to open this Tuesday. Who would want to miss that??? (gack!) Good luck!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's good news, thanks. I was already so bummed I missed out on the long course that thinking that I'd screwed up my chances for the itt consolation price would've been a tough pill to swallow...

Thanks again for checking!

--
When I channel my hate to productive, I don't find it hard to impress
Quote Reply

Prev Next