Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: American Zofingen 2014 Official Thread [steelerguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cooling drizzle?!! and the people of new orleans talk about those gentle showers that passed thru town a few years back... katrina or something i think they called it. while i don't want heat either, i'm requesting dry desents this year, please. those wet downhills ruined the chammy of a perfectly good pair of shorts.
plus i think the weather gods will punish ML for dropping to the cwd. his rain dance will be nothing more than angry impotent twerking, and a beautiful day will result.

what is the beer situation looking like? as i recall last year it was down to PBRs pretty quick. better safe than sorry and pack a cooler?
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2014 Official Thread [slow leak] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Every year all the talk is about beer. The dirty little secret of AZ is that very little is actually consumed by those not named Tetsuoni

Boots
Fleet Feet Rochester, NY
Fleet Feet Buffalo, NY
YellowJacket Racing, Rochester, NY
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2014 Official Thread [John Hirsch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
John I'll leave live coverage up to you and the RD as I'm staying home in the ROC this year. I sent my top team to time this year thou I might taunt ML via text during the race

Boots
Fleet Feet Rochester, NY
Fleet Feet Buffalo, NY
YellowJacket Racing, Rochester, NY
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2014 Official Thread [FF Boots] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FF Boots wrote:
John I'll leave live coverage up to you and the RD as I'm staying home in the ROC this year. I sent my top team to time this year thou I might taunt ML via text during the race

It just wouldn't be AmZof if you weren't tauting me, somehow.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FF Boots wrote:
Every year all the talk is about beer. The dirty little secret of AZ is that very little is actually consumed by those not named Tetsuoni

That may be true, *on average*. (and the part about Tetsuoni is 100% true)
However, I have always personally taken upon myself to drink more, to make up for those who don't quaff their fair share.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:

I beg to differ. I've never not had several beers at AmZof. I may just run right to the kegs this year and skip the whole "racing" thing.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2014 Official Thread [KAlber] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
KAlber wrote:
Quote:

I beg to differ. I've never not had several beers at AmZof. I may just run right to the kegs this year and skip the whole "racing" thing.

That likely won't have any negative impact on your results.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2014 Official Thread [stillrollin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stillrollin wrote:
I won a Big Honkin Stein in 2012 (2nd 45-49).

That's a little mug. Just a FYI.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've not paid any attention to this event other than noting that an duathlon on ST has over 15 pages of comments . This must be the most epic of epic events for that to occur.

------------------
@brooksdoughtie
USAT-L2,Y&J; USAC-L2
http://www.aomultisport.com
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2014 Official Thread [BDoughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BDoughtie wrote:
I've not paid any attention to this event other than noting that an duathlon on ST has over 15 pages of comments . This must be the most epic of epic events for that to occur.

Just wanted to say good luck to all the folks racing AmZof this weekend and big thanks to Tetsuoni (John McGovern) for putting on this race!
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2014 Official Thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
BDoughtie wrote:

Just wanted to say good luck to all the folks racing AmZof this weekend and big thanks to Tetsuoni (John McGovern) for putting on this race!

It's been 10 years, Dev - not sure what you're waiting for...

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It is pretty cool. Like, low key+great course+good beer/food kinda' cool. Let me emphasize GREAT COURSE. And it's only at 15 pages because Murphy's Law keeps the thread going, now that he's rejoined ST for the season.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2014 Official Thread [bltri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bltri wrote:
It is pretty cool. Like, low key+great course+good beer/food kinda' cool. Let me emphasize GREAT COURSE. And it's only at 15 pages because Murphy's Law keeps the thread going, now that he's rejoined ST for the season.

Hey! I resemble that remark!

Gotta earn my big fat Director of Marketing salary somehow, right?

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2014 Official Thread [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tetsuoni pays you in beer. And it sounds like he's losing out on the deal. Pouring pretty good here in Southern CT. Good steady downpour there as well? Love the mudfest-- will never forget the time I watched a dude go in with 2 shoes and come out with one. Good times.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2014 Official Thread [MGoBlue] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With all this rain that we've had, how bad are the trails for the run likely to be?
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2014 Official Thread [Cavemann] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cavemann wrote:
With all this rain that we've had, how bad are the trails for the run likely to be?

They are sure to be in awesome shape! (Which means bring a wetsuit)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have just completed a quadruple 3 for a PB™ carbo load. 3 beers, 3 glasses of wine, 3 scoops of ice cream, with 3 cookies on top. I am positive this will help my hill climbing rather than make me look like a sausage in a casing too small come Sunday. At least that is what I am telling myself before bed... The trail drying torrential downpour that is coming down right now will help me fall asleep. Sweet dreams...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hmmm I've got a pair of XC spikes somewhere....might come in handy Sunday. Worst case I can use them to kill and eat something in the woods when I bonk.

We did get a lot of rain here in New Paltz. I ran some of the trails on Wednesday and they were in really good shape. Hopefully tomorrow will be dry and they won't be terrible by Sunday.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BDoughtie wrote:

It's only 15 pages because everyone got a late start in the East because of all the bad weather. With the live coverage, it's the biggest day on ST. As an old often injured guy I've only done it once but I'll be back next year for middle distance at 65.

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! đŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2014 Official Thread [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good luck everyone. Maybe next year for me. I'm just waiting a little longer to sign up so I can get older and have a better excuse for being slow.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2014 Official Thread [Insidious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i've tought about that in the past and usually bring a pair just in case (part of the dozen or so pairs of shoes I bring!) but I don't think spikes will help much. Most of the route is either on good gravel roads, or on climbs that drain pretty well.

The few muddy spots can be deep, but are short, and I'm nut sure spikes would be better than a good pair of light weight trail shoes.

The last downhill pitch of single track was pretty slimy 3 years ago, but spikes are only going to encourage you to put on the brakes, when you really want to just lean forward and keep your feet under you.

Everyone travel safe today or tomorrow. I'll be doing my usual morning of drive from VT. In addition to the dozen pairs of shoes, I'll be bringing my road bike this year. Yes, I know and believe it is slower, but I'm in such miserable shape (got you all beat I'm sure) that I'm just looking to enjoy myself and finish.

BTW, do we need to rename the CWD if CeeCee isn't racing?

================================
blog
twitter
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2014 Official Thread [CBJFan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good luck everyone, all paid up and can't make it so enjoy the cold beer for me. I was gonna bring some hearty Canadian brew too!!

Hey y'all,

I'm at Harryman to be athletic supporter for John Hirsch today. I think it's crazy they are swimming before this race. Representin' with my Am Zof hat (crown). So excited to party with you guys tomorrow! Hoping I can stomach a beer after the race.

I'll be on my road bike.

Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2014 Official Thread [Bell Head] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bell Head wrote:
i've tought about that in the past and usually bring a pair just in case (part of the dozen or so pairs of shoes I bring!) but I don't think spikes will help much. Most of the route is either on good gravel roads, or on climbs that drain pretty well.

The few muddy spots can be deep, but are short, and I'm nut sure spikes would be better than a good pair of light weight trail shoes.

The last downhill pitch of single track was pretty slimy 3 years ago, but spikes are only going to encourage you to put on the brakes, when you really want to just lean forward and keep your feet under you.

Everyone travel safe today or tomorrow. I'll be doing my usual morning of drive from VT. In addition to the dozen pairs of shoes, I'll be bringing my road bike this year. Yes, I know and believe it is slower, but I'm in such miserable shape (got you all beat I'm sure) that I'm just looking to enjoy myself and finish.

BTW, do we need to rename the CWD if CeeCee isn't racing?

I'm only bringing 2 pairs of shoes, one for each run lap of the CWD.
(which will always be the CWD, with CeeCee, or not)

Agreed on it generally "only" being muddy in a few sections - but those can be doozies.
Still, the majority is on carriage roads, which are gravel, and most of the singletrack drains pretty well, so do with that info what you will.

It's a lovely day in the Hudson Valley today!! Everything is soaked from the heavy rain yesterday, and it's sunny, cool, and breezy out now.
Tomorrow is *supposed* to be a carbon-copy of today. Where have I heard *that* before?

After I finish lowering the blood count in my caffeine-stream, I'm off for a shakedown cruise on the Dreamcrusher Express, then a quick T-run, and done.

Safe travels everyone! See ya at the Pavillion tomorrow am.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2014 Official Thread [holisticguru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
holisticguru wrote:
Hey y'all,

I'm at Harryman to be athletic supporter for John Hirsch today. I think it's crazy they are swimming before this race. Representin' with my Am Zof hat (crown). So excited to party with you guys tomorrow! Hoping I can stomach a beer after the race.

I'll be on my road bike.

Surprising exactly nobody. ;-)

I kinda sorta miss doing Harriman, except for the swimming part. I just love, LOVE, LOVE, biking that course.
On my tri bike.

Good luck to John today, and see ya both tomorrow-

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply

Prev Next