Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
30 seconds of looking into this Dorothy Parker and i'm a fan. thanks!

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Garmin Glycogen Use App | Garmin Fat Use App
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [mbwallis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I should start a company/service that goes through and edits/falsifies GPS files, some of these cheaters are so unhinged I wonder if I could charge a high price... Could be a good side-gig!
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [meronamkeithho] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
meronamkeithho wrote:
What’s the whole point of “calling out a cheat” and provoking so much hostility and volatility over something that truly nobody should give half a rats ass about? The whole concept of marathon investigation reflects just how shallow segments of the endurance community can be. Get over yourselves and don’t put others at risk to assuage your own insecurities. Hypocrisy to say the least.

The concept of Marathon Investigation started as a way to out people who cheat their way into the Boston Marathon, thereby depriving some people who legitimately qualified an opportunity to run the race. If I had worked hard, finally achieved a qualifying time, and then was told I still didn't get an entry, I would be upset. I don't see any problem at all with that. It has expanded because people are now sending him tips and evidence from other sports.
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [MarkyV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MarkyV wrote:
30 seconds of looking into this Dorothy Parker and i'm a fan. thanks!

Glad to help

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [meronamkeithho] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
meronamkeithho wrote:
What’s the whole point of “calling out a cheat” and provoking so much hostility and volatility over something that truly nobody should give half a rats ass about? The whole concept of marathon investigation reflects just how shallow segments of the endurance community can be. Get over yourselves and don’t put others at risk to assuage your own insecurities. Hypocrisy to say the least.

I think some of the marathon investigations stuff is a bit OTT e.g the homeless guy finding a discarded bib running the last 12 miles and claiming a medal. He proudly admitted what he did afterwards.This wasn't contrived cheating.. Regarding people like Julie Miller, Amy Stretton and now Anita Carcone, they make it very hard to feel any sympathy for them. They cheat, lie and aggressively screw people over. Carcone's response was disgusting. These kind of people make a rod for their own back. All Julie Miller had to do was stick her hand up and say she accidentally cut the course, she probably wouldn't have been banned and probably would still be racing. She certainly wouldn't have appeared in the NYT. I generally don't find these types to be good people, I'm sure they continually mistreat others, I'm quite a sympathetic and empathetic person, but IMO Anita is getting everything she deserves.

And you need to remember without ST's "witchhunt" on Miller, her cheating probably would never have been fully exposed.

Last edited by: zedzded: Jul 17, 18 17:29
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zedzded wrote:
And you need to remember that without ST's "witchhunt" on Miller, her cheating probably would never have been fully exposed.

Combined with Letsrun's investigations of Kip Litton and Mike Rossi, another successful Twitchunt of a bib-mule at RNR Philly exposing Samantha Sweet, and the self-professed Selfie Bandits [Kelly Roberts and Ashley Hesseltine],, and you can see how this double letter thing got started

Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [trailerhouse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trailerhouse wrote:
No double letters in name... clearly this means she's innocent.

Anyone wanna bet that her middle name is Michelle? She looks like a Michelle; more than an Anita, anyway

Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
Anybody here buy this?

Because you directly funded terrorism.

Hell of a stem setup on that bike.
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
https://www.marathoninvestigation.com/2018/07/disqualified-triathlete-anita-carcone.html

those messages she sent to me (the pollack)

Why do people care about some douche event (not Kona, not TdF not Olympics) , by some old fat woman that probably had not a clue she cut the course (or she would not upload data to strava). Just take one look at the photos...., she looks like she is walking not running (100% armature from the bottom shelf), who cares? So much time and effort to expose who? And then 100s of same fat\old @$$ hats beating her to death, group bullying and execution. Does it feel good to kick someone to that extent? Such a mass hate/hysteria over nothing, this is no-event in world of Tri. but people make it look like it is huge. Now she should F@^@$%$% ride a book about her experience...

This $hit (https://www.marathoninvestigation.com) is straight from Jerry Springer show, look at those faces...Who do they expose, wall-mart liquor store runner junkies?
It was created because someone didn't qualify for Boston...? Please give me a break...hypothetically if that person would qualify, what place she\he would take 10001?, run fast enough so even old\fat cheating woman can not out cheat you from Boston.

People take their mediocre crappy performances way to seriously....
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [sebo2000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So, to sum this all up.... you’re mad because some slowtwitchers are mad because a woman cheated in a race? Am I correct?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sebo2000 wrote:

Why do people care about some douche event...

That's the most hateful anti-hate thread I've ever seen. Nice work.
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [friesen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
friesen wrote:
So, to sum this all up.... you’re mad because some slowtwitchers are mad because a woman cheated in a race? Am I correct?

yeah, can't sleep at night.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sebo2000 wrote:
synthetic wrote:
https://www.marathoninvestigation.com/2018/07/disqualified-triathlete-anita-carcone.html

Why do people care about some douche event (not Kona, not TdF not Olympics) , by some old fat woman that probably had not a clue she cut the course (or she would not upload data to strava). Just take one look at the photos...., she looks like she is walking not running (100% armature from the bottom shelf), who cares? So much time and effort to expose who? And then 100s of same fat\old @$$ hats beating her to death, group bullying and execution. Does it feel good to kick someone to that extent? Such a mass hate/hysteria over nothing, this is no-event in world of Tri. but people make it look like it is huge. Now she should F@^@$%$% ride a book about her experience...

So you object to anyone calling out her cheating, or her psychotic response to those who pointed it out, but you are simultaneously engaging in age discrimination and body shaming!
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:
sebo2000 wrote:
synthetic wrote:

So you object to anyone calling out her cheating, or her psychotic response to those who pointed it out, but you are simultaneously engaging in age discrimination and body shaming!

The issue being the sheer volume of assholes this woman had to deal with when she may have made a mistake...so it's actually not psychotic at all if your inbox is randomly flooded with 200 jackwagons being jerks to you.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This woman fascinates me. Her FB page is still public, as is her Garmin connect profile. If you look at her bike rides, they are all in the 15-18mph range. She commented on FB about her best ride of the year (link 1) that appears to have been flagged, deleted, or made private on Strava. I found the ride on Garmin connect (link 2). It's a total outlier and does not have HR or cadence data as does another ride on the same day 2 hours later (link 3).
Link 1 (FB post): https://www.facebook.com/anita.carcone/posts/10213779597996904
Link 2 (super fast ride): https://connect.garmin.com/.../activity/2658940599
Link 3 (representative ride): https://connect.garmin.com/.../activity/2659192189
So did she just throw the bike in the car to set some QOMs? Bizarre.
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [friesen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love this Marathon Investigation website. I've donated to the site because I want to keep it going. I hate dishonesty and that people think they can get away with it. Its like animal abusers.....if they will hurt a puppy, they'll likely hurt a child. Similar here....if you will cheat at a little race, what else are you cheating at in life. She may be ripping other people off, non-race wise, and those would be innocent victims.

Most of these cheaters get on line and brag about their "success". Once they make their "accomplishment" public, they are fair game and should be called out if they did wrong.
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
T3_Beer wrote:
Wow, she's nuts. What are the odds she's not married?

... Or not married, anymore

Doesn't appear to be: no ring, and still has Mom's last name

Mom's FIRST name, BTW, does have double letters

Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
she's the one that actually made this public. Her first response was to start ranting on her FB page. She doubled down and tripled down on the crazy. Her reaction seems quite similar to someone dealing with a bipolar disorder.

This wouldn't even have been a story if she accepted her DQ like a mature adult and just moved on.

--------------------------------------------
TEAM F3 Undurance
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is just no way this was an honest mistake. She’s had countless training rides to know she’s not capable of 22mph over 12 miles. She was also surely staring at a bike computer during the race that showed her real speed. And then SHE went public with the DQ and started the psychotic rant before the so-called jackwagons showed up. So I think your timeline is off. Once they showed up, she doubled down, faking a Strava ride and getting even more verbally abusive.

A post up-thread stated that she has a history of similar behavior.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mbwallis wrote:
There is just no way this was an honest mistake. She’s had countless training rides to know she’s not capable of 22mph over 12 miles. She was also surely staring at a bike computer during the race that showed her real speed. And then SHE went public with the DQ and started the psychotic rant before the so-called jackwagons showed up. So I think your timeline is off. Once they showed up, she doubled down, faking a Strava ride and getting even more verbally abusive.

Perhaps, but how are you going to act when 100s of people flood your inbox?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
mbwallis wrote:

Perhaps, but how are you going to act when 100s of people flood your inbox?

Be an adult and delete them like spam. They're emails, not people camping on her yard yelling at her at 2am. She knows she cheated, she knows she got caught, and hundreds of people wouldn't be burning up her inbox if she had fessed up. This isn't some random person getting selected through no fault of her own; it's a direct result of her poor judgement and character.

The point is, ladies and gentleman, that speed, for lack of a better word, is good. Speed is right, Speed works. Speed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mbwallis wrote:
I had no idea there was a cold war between Cali and Arizona. You learn something new every day.

The Grand Canyon State will exact its revenge at Ironman Arizona..... mwa·ha·ha·ha!

Ok, no we won’t (nor should we). Damn we’ve got some crazy ones amongst us here.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mbwallis wrote:

Yep, she's 100% crazy ass beeeeotch!
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [T3_Beer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
does the fact that she comes across as crazy make up for the fact that people on this thread have essentially stalked her?
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [fulla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fulla wrote:
does the fact that she comes across as crazy make up for the fact that people on this thread have essentially stalked her?
No, which is my point.

Quote Reply

Prev Next