Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [Greatzaa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Greatzaa wrote:
Her Strava profile is interesting....quite a few QOM's. This is not someone new to competition....at least on the bike side....supposedly.

Qom with females in Strava world is easy. Not many female Strava users. Would be nice if there were more, the running female CR's motivate my wife
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lightheir wrote:
Piece of work there, but honestly, I feed sorry for her.

She sounds like a strictly recreational triathlete/athlete who was just out to have a good time, and unfortunately hugely overreacted to a reasonable sounding investigation of her results. I'll guarantee she has no idea what kind of a clusterbomb she was walking into when she started the errant road of falsely justifying/faking her results to an audience of hardcore triathletes and race-checkers.

Someone however should gently point out to her, though that if she was 3 minutes behind the male pro bike split, she would really, really know that she was fast. Like, she would literally be passing everyone on the bike course like they were standing still, and literally nobody should have passed her at any point.

I've definitely know some very sane, reasonable people, display some really crazy thought process and inflamed emotions when accused of something they did (not triathlon related, but you get the picture), and I actually suspect she'd get along fine with everyone here in person without the internet/FB to rile her up into a crazy-sounding hissy fit. So believe it or not, I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt that she's not at all like her internet ranting in person, and hope she can leave this fiasco without further commenting on it.

No. Being local, although I have never met her, I have received over half a dozen private messages of screenshots sharing her insanity while engaging other members of our local tri community over the past few years. She is not an innocent victim caught in a white lie, she's is borderline psychotic based on what I have read and have been told. She claimed to have been a professional cyclist in '99 and '00, she claimed she was recruited by Tri-Scottsdale when she just bought a kit, she took a picture infant of a Saucony wrapped car claiming they sponsored her when the cars actual owner chimed in, she has tortured an LBS to the point of distraction, she harassed a local pro, its endless.

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Last edited by: Bryancd: Jul 16, 18 16:31
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Herbert wrote:
I am interviewing Derek

Can you interview her ? That would be priceless.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don’t think she needs more of a platform

Leddy wrote:
Herbert wrote:
I am interviewing Derek

Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bryancd wrote:
lightheir wrote:

She sounds like a strictly recreational triathlete/athlete who was just out to have a good time, and unfortunately hugely overreacted to a reasonable sounding investigation of her results. I'll guarantee she has no idea what kind of a clusterbomb she was walking into when she started the errant road of falsely justifying/faking her results to an audience of hardcore triathletes and race-checkers.

Someone however should gently point out to her, though that if she was 3 minutes behind the male pro bike split, she would really, really know that she was fast. Like, she would literally be passing everyone on the bike course like they were standing still, and literally nobody should have passed her at any point.

I've definitely know some very sane, reasonable people, display some really crazy thought process and inflamed emotions when accused of something they did (not triathlon related, but you get the picture), and I actually suspect she'd get along fine with everyone here in person without the internet/FB to rile her up into a crazy-sounding hissy fit. So believe it or not, I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt that she's not at all like her internet ranting in person, and hope she can leave this fiasco without further commenting on it.

No. Being local, although I have never met her, I have received over half a dozen private messages of screenshots sharing her insanity while engaging other members of our local tri community over the past few years. She is not an innocent victim caught in a white lie, she's is borderline psychotic based on what I have read and have been told. She claimed to have been a professional cyclist in '99 and '00, she claimed she was recruited by Tri-Scottsdale when she just bought a kit, she took a picture infant of a Saucony wrapped car claiming they sponsored her when the cars actual owner chimed in, she has tortured an LBS to the point of distraction, she harassed a local pro, its endless.

Yikes! That's pretty bad!

Ok, I take back my prior sympathy in light of this information.
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She's going to do 50 Ironmanish races in 50 days, and ST will explode.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After reading that... Wow. No room for someone like that in this sport. I'm tempted to say USAT should ban her from all sanctioned events.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Was the SD International a Full Oly this time or no?

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've done this race many many times. She missed the turnaround, which is incredibly clearly marked with several upcoming signs. There are several people there directing traffic (one always in a very noticeable costume).
Athletes are responsible for knowing the course. Course descriptions clearly say "two laps" for the International distance. On-course volunteers are NOT responsible for making sure you follow the correct route...each athlete needs to know there is a second lap (posted in the race instructions, at the pre-race briefing, maps all over the expo area/packet pick-up/race morning).
This is a whiny spoiled brat who needs to own up to her mistakes and quit blaming the world for her screw-up. Glad I don't have kids in her class. And I'm VERY happy to have this Zonie stay over there. Her type is not welcome at our races. By type, I mean people who don't play fairly and then blame everyone but themselves.
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [Jason N] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jason N wrote:
ttusomeone wrote:

So to me, the personality/psychology perspective is interesting from a standpoint of what someone does when backed into a corner, and how social media can quickly escalate thing out of control.

I don't know. I think if I accidentally cut the course and this was pointed out, I'd look into that, confirm it and apologise. That would be the end of it. No social media backlash. People fuck up in races all the time, just an innocent mistake. But her attitude from the very onset was shit and seems inline with every other busted cheater, they get highly aggressive. She sounds like she's a few clowns short of a circus..

Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zedzded wrote:
Jason N wrote:
ttusomeone wrote:

So to me, the personality/psychology perspective is interesting from a standpoint of what someone does when backed into a corner, and how social media can quickly escalate thing out of control.

I don't know. I think if I accidentally cut the course and this was pointed out, I'd look into that, confirm it and apologise. That would be the end of it. No social media backlash. People fuck up in races all the time, just an innocent mistake. But her attitude from the very onset was shit and seems inline with every other busted cheater, they get highly aggressive. She sounds like she's a few clowns short of a circus..

".....fucking polack". Archie Bunker's other daughter.
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wonder if she's facebook friends with Julie Miller?
Quote Reply
Post deleted by windschatten [ In reply to ]
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good one! :)

"see the world as it is not as you want it to be"
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windschatten wrote:
Herbert wrote:

Leddy wrote:
Herbert wrote:
I am interviewing Derek

Herbert

I think she needs help and it is just a desperate outcry for attention on her part.

These kind of people identify very strongly with their (purported) athletic achievements, as there is not much else to be proud of in their lives..
They have lost their aim and purpose.
Many Triathletes are that way...craving for attention and confirmation of their existence through involvement with and performance in our sport.
So some of those here casting stones should really get a clean mirror and have a good look.

This is also true for those who have made it their life-goal to expose other people's weaknesses and failures. These also have a very skewed view on what is important in Life and what is worth pursuing.

I think giving either one of these psychograms a platform is counter productive and ill-fated.

We don't need more judges, we need more empathy and support of those who struggle.

Unfortunately, our society, with loss of communities (and no, Tri-Clubs in most cases are not communities) will produce more of these characters and profiles.

I get what you're saying, she's obviously mentally ill, I know a few people like her and although there is a degree of sympathy, that is tempered by the fact that invariably these people are complete and utter cunts (excuse my French), pathological liars, who treat people like garbage and would quite happily screw over their own mother if it meant they achieved their goals. You can be mentally ill and still be a good person. I'm not sure she is.
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [Double-Double] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Double-Double wrote:
She sounds like she's a few clowns short of a circus..

I disagree

She sounds like she's a whole circus unto herself

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [trailerhouse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trailerhouse wrote:
No double letters in name... clearly this means she's innocent.

synthetic wrote:
https://www.marathoninvestigation.com/2018/07/disqualified-triathlete-anita-carcone.html

those messages she sent to me (the pollack)

Edit the ride data then edit your name. It's the perfect crime ... theoretically ... just saying.
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windschatten wrote:
Herbert wrote:

Leddy wrote:
Herbert wrote:
I am interviewing Derek

Herbert

I think she needs help and it is just a desperate outcry for attention on her part.

These kind of people identify very strongly with their (purported) athletic achievements, as there is not much else to be proud of in their lives..
They have lost their aim and purpose.
Many Triathletes are that way...craving for attention and confirmation of their existence through involvement with and performance in our sport.
So some of those here casting stones should really get a clean mirror and have a good look.

This is also true for those who have made it their life-goal to expose other people's weaknesses and failures. These also have a very skewed view on what is important in Life and what is worth pursuing.

I think giving either one of these psychograms a platform is counter productive and ill-fated.

We don't need more judges, we need more empathy and support of those who struggle.

Unfortunately, our society, with loss of communities (and no, Tri-Clubs in most cases are not communities) will produce more of these characters and profiles.

I understand your point and I would agree I wouldn’t be going to her Facebook page to slam her as others have done. That’s not accomplishing anything but getting her more set in her position. I will point out though SHE is the one who responded initially after being DQ’ed and went absolutely bonkers and the type of threats she made are actually pretty dangerous. One can empathize yet not put up with another person’s sh**t. I am not sure her actions can necessarily be tied back to “loss of community” I think that’s a bit of a stretch
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [lschaan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lschaan wrote:
Awhile back when I was bored I digitally stalked "T3". Appears she was happily married at the time. Always wondered if her husband had any idea he was marrying such a "celebrity"?!

Me, too, but I think she got married a while after IMFL

Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My dad is a retired CPA and worked for 50 years with small and medium sized businesses as clients.

Over his career he busted 15-20 different bookeepers and other employees for embezzlement.

To a letter they would all get very emotional, cry, deny it, and lash out through whatever means they had.

I have seen the same pattern at my employer, I have seen several associates fired for expense account fraud, and the same pattern.

Obviously this is a mental illness issue, you hope that people would take responsibility and move on, but it does not happen that often.

We are seeing the same behavior, just in sport. It may be more strange than other areas because there is so little at stake.
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bryancd wrote:
Being local, although I have never met her, I have received over half a dozen private messages of screenshots sharing her insanity while engaging other members of our local tri community over the past few years. She is not an innocent victim caught in a white lie, she's is borderline psychotic based on what I have read and have been told. She claimed to have been a professional cyclist in '99 and '00, she claimed she was recruited by Tri-Scottsdale when she just bought a kit, she took a picture infant of a Saucony wrapped car claiming they sponsored her when the cars actual owner chimed in, she has tortured an LBS to the point of distraction, she harassed a local pro, its endless.

Can you imagine if she comes back with" "Triathlon training and racing help me combat stress, and achieve peace in a chaotic world. Please don't take that away from me"

Guess what, honey ... it ain't working

Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lightheir wrote:

You need to look at her Facebook page....she is the definition of a narcissist.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What I find almost more f-ed up is the people supporting her (or, in these cases, the people supporting the person in the face of overwhelming evidence and obvious wrongdoing).

That person who replied, "Good theory!" to her post about Californians discriminating against her...I mean, really? You've sat there reading all these posts and not once thought, "ok, she's a bit nuts now, how plausible is this really" Do people never question things, just blindly accept?

Those "supporters" don't help, they just feed the beast.

Group Eleven – Websites for Athletes / mikael.racing / @mstaer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Remember the psycho/hot graph that was circulating a while back? Where do you think she'd place? Near the hairdressers?

king of the road says you move too slow
KING OF THE ROAD SAYS YOU MOVE TOO SLOW
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [Staer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Staer wrote:
What I find almost more f-ed up is the people supporting her (or, in these cases, the people supporting the person in the face of overwhelming evidence and obvious wrongdoing).

That person who replied, "Good theory!" to her post about Californians discriminating against her...I mean, really? You've sat there reading all these posts and not once thought, "ok, she's a bit nuts now, how plausible is this really" Do people never question things, just blindly accept?

Those "supporters" don't help, they just feed the beast.

You must not be a United States voter....
Quote Reply

Prev Next