Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [bluemonkeytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hah, yeah I was thinking that as I hit submit...

Canadian/European.

Group Eleven – Websites for Athletes / mikael.racing / @mstaer
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [bluemonkeytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, she has a unique name and if you google her name you get a page full of the links from ST and marathon investigation.

This will follow her for her entire life....

The effect this will have on her is not proportionate to the crime.

People come out of jail and have more of a chance at redemption than the way this is heading for her.
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
lschaan wrote:
Awhile back when I was bored I digitally stalked "T3". Appears she was happily married at the time. Always wondered if her husband had any idea he was marrying such a "celebrity"?!

Me, too, but I think she got married a while after IMFL

Right. Didn't the whole T3 thread start with her talking about how she'd just broken up with her boyfriend?
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [TriDavis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriDavis wrote:
lightheir wrote:
Piece of work there, but honestly, I feed sorry for her.

She sounds like a strictly recreational triathlete/athlete who was just out to have a good time, and unfortunately hugely overreacted to a reasonable sounding investigation of her results. I'll guarantee she has no idea what kind of a clusterbomb she was walking into when she started the errant road of falsely justifying/faking her results to an audience of hardcore triathletes and race-checkers.

Someone however should gently point out to her, though that if she was 3 minutes behind the male pro bike split, she would really, really know that she was fast. Like, she would literally be passing everyone on the bike course like they were standing still, and literally nobody should have passed her at any point.

I've definitely know some very sane, reasonable people, display some really crazy thought process and inflamed emotions when accused of something they did (not triathlon related, but you get the picture), and I actually suspect she'd get along fine with everyone here in person without the internet/FB to rile her up into a crazy-sounding hissy fit. So believe it or not, I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt that she's not at all like her internet ranting in person, and hope she can leave this fiasco without further commenting on it.

You need to look at her Facebook page....she is the definition of a narcissist.

I need to go buy a Team Sky jersey, post it on facebook, and say "they recruited me" :)
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [SMJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SMJ wrote:
RandMart wrote:
lschaan wrote:
Awhile back when I was bored I digitally stalked "T3". Appears she was happily married at the time. Always wondered if her husband had any idea he was marrying such a "celebrity"?!

Me, too, but I think she got married a while after IMFL

Right. Didn't the whole T3 thread start with her talking about how she'd just broken up with her boyfriend?

Yes, that was the title of the thread "IM training after a breakup"

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/..._a_breakup_P4092051/

She got some advice, and seemed on a good path. There was a gap in the posts, then she came back with

Quote:
I met someone new, and he had this waiting in my hotel room at check in. (He's also driving 6 hours to bring my forgotten running shoes).

So yes, things do get better ;)

Which is how the "T3" got hung on that thread

Not long after, it all got sideways

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [endosch2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
endosch2 wrote:
Wow, she has a unique name and if you google her name you get a page full of the links from ST and marathon investigation.

People come out of jail and have more of a chance at redemption than the way this is heading for her.

Depends on what you are calling her crime. If you mean her cutting the course in a triathlon, then I agree. But her real crime here is the personal attacks and threats she is posting on social media and through texts. She may deserve to have that follow her for a long time.
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
Was the SD International a Full Oly this time or no?

It was never an oly , at least past 8 years I raced it. 1k, 30k, 10k

Idiots on athlinks last near named it an oly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bluemonkeytri wrote:
[... her real crime here is the personal attacks and threats she is posting on social media and through texts. She may deserve to have that follow her for a long time.

We'll have to get Melania's Cyber-Bullying Initiative going on that

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I read that whole thread, it was something else. . .but I still don't understand T3. Is this referencing sex or something haha (: I am lost.

Use this link to save $5 off your USAT membership renewal:
https://membership.usatriathlon.org/...A2-BAD7-6137B629D9B7
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [TriDavis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriDavis wrote:
You need to look at her Facebook page....she is the definition of a narcissist.

She has a nice smile, though ... For a psychopath

"You should never tell a psychopath they're a psychopath. It upsets them."

Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [AlyraD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AlyraD wrote:
I still don't understand T3. Is this referencing sex or something haha (: I am lost.

It's whatever you're up for after the race

Sex, beer, ice cream

YMMV

She had a dude waiting for her in the hotel room, so we all went with "A"

Quote Reply
Post deleted by windschatten [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh, gotcha. The pictures were all gone so I wasn't sure what it was referring too. Honestly, I was thinking maybe she hooked up with some random on slowtwitch and had a threesome and that's what it meant lol.

I will be adding T3 to my lexicon going forward however. Much appreciated

Use this link to save $5 off your USAT membership renewal:
https://membership.usatriathlon.org/...A2-BAD7-6137B629D9B7
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
TheStroBro wrote:
Was the SD International a Full Oly this time or no?

It was never an oly , at least past 8 years I raced it. 1k, 30k, 10k

Idiots on athlinks last near named it an oly

Point being that International and Olympic are synonymous for the lay folk...so when a friend did it in 2017 I was like: that's wild fast...and then saw the distance wasn't "normal".

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What’s the whole point of “calling out a cheat” and provoking so much hostility and volatility over something that truly nobody should give half a rats ass about? The whole concept of marathon investigation reflects just how shallow segments of the endurance community can be. Get over yourselves and don’t put others at risk to assuage your own insecurities. Hypocrisy to say the least.
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [meronamkeithho] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
meronamkeithho wrote:
What’s the whole point of “calling out a cheat” and provoking so much hostility and volatility over something that truly nobody should give half a rats ass about? The whole concept of marathon investigation reflects just how shallow segments of the endurance community can be. Get over yourselves and don’t put others at risk to assuage your own insecurities. Hypocrisy to say the least.

no one likes a bragger.. especially when they cheat and brag. The DQ is enough though. Now people that take podiums and qualifying spots and the like... have at them all you want.
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [meronamkeithho] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What’s the whole point of “calling out a cheat” and provoking so much hostility and volatility over something that truly nobody should give half a rats ass about?

------

You don't understand the basic concept of sport then. And no I'm not implying that going after someone (making fb comments to rile up the situation, etc) who's cheated is the right thing to do. But I certainly think it's fair to call attention to a RD that someone cheated and the facts to prove they cheated. But what happens is that then the accused gets in a hizzy and all hell breaks loose. So I don't think it's about "calling out a cheater" as much as that's the by product of this situation.

Because at the basic nature of competition is you race me fair and square, and the best man wins....Shake hands and do it again next weekend. When that doesn't become the lay of the land, "we" as a sports community all lose.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
People that respond to ostracization by doubling down and threatening others *in my book* have abandoned their link to society. I believe it's fair to assume that there have been a litany of soft approaches to bring her into the fold, and now harsh approaches, all of them resulting in further entrenchment. These are not behaviours that society condones, and thus she can live with the consequences of her actions.

You can lead a horse to water, but cannot make it drink. At some point we have to wash our hands of the situation. The public record of these events protects others in the future from being harmed by her.

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Garmin Glycogen Use App | Garmin Fat Use App
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anybody here buy this?

Because you directly funded terrorism.
Last edited by: jkhayc: Jul 17, 18 10:47
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nobody should give a half ass about 99% of the things that happens in our personal lives or in the world at large ... but they/we do. Welcome to the homosapien world. Enjoy your stay and please come again.

Oh, and your seat it too high.

meronamkeithho wrote:
What’s the whole point of “calling out a cheat” and provoking so much hostility and volatility over something that truly
nobody should give half a rats ass about? The whole concept of marathon investigation reflects just how shallow segments of the endurance community can be. Get over yourselves and don’t put others at risk to assuage your own insecurities. Hypocrisy to say the least.

Quote | Reply
yep....

Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love how almost all of you now have to have a gadget to race with,

Before my triathlon retirement, I didn't even race with a computer. I found it demoralizing to look down and see how slow I was going.
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [MarkyV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MarkyV wrote:
You can lead a horse to water, but cannot make it drink.

"You can lead a horticulture, but you can't make her think" - Dorothy Parker

Last edited by: RandMart: Jul 17, 18 11:10
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windschatten wrote:
endosch2 wrote:

I’d like to see this thread deleted by the moderators.
Everybody got a lick in and could take a hard look at their own health.

Ummm...better here than posting on her Facebook page. Maybe mods can just delete the posts including her name.
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
Anybody here buy this?

Because you directly funded terrorism.

Didn't know she was a member of SteveBay, but TriScottsdale has removed her from their member lists.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply

Prev Next