Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not actually sure how far you should go. Cheats certainly need to be identified, then what? I suppose in theory you'd want it to play out as follows:

-cheat gets identified
-cheat confesses
-cheat is DQed
-we move on

and that's it. But almost without fail the cheat does and says shit that ensures people stay interested. They continue to be abusive, lie, cheat, screw over people etc What amazed me about Julie Miller's situation is how poorly advised she was by friends and family. All she had to do was stick up her hand, admit she cut the course = no New York Times article. She and her family still deny she cheated , even though there's a fucking video camera that filmed all 1900 competitors at IM Canada apart from her.
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [fulla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [fulla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
does the fact that she comes across as crazy make up for the fact that people on this thread have essentially stalked her?

No but her constant lying and then attacking anyone who questions her is more than enough reasons.
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [lardogbeck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lardogbeck wrote:
This woman fascinates me. Her FB page is still public, as is her Garmin connect profile. If you look at her bike rides, they are all in the 15-18mph range. She commented on FB about her best ride of the year (link 1) that appears to have been flagged, deleted, or made private on Strava. I found the ride on Garmin connect (link 2). It's a total outlier and does not have HR or cadence data as does another ride on the same day 2 hours later (link 3).
Link 1 (FB post): https://www.facebook.com/anita.carcone/posts/10213779597996904
Link 2 (super fast ride): https://connect.garmin.com/.../activity/2658940599
Link 3 (representative ride): https://connect.garmin.com/.../activity/2659192189
So did she just throw the bike in the car to set some QOMs? Bizarre.

Yeah, that link 2 ride also shows a temperature in the mid 70s while Garmin thinks its 93 outside (unlike other rides where the two temperatures sync up) -- looks like her 520 was in an air conditioned car.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
HuffNPuff wrote:
sebo2000 wrote:
synthetic wrote:
https://www.marathoninvestigation.com/2018/07/disqualified-triathlete-anita-carcone.html

those messages she sent to me (the pollack)

Why do people care about some douche event (not Kona, not TdF not Olympics) , by some old fat woman that probably had not a clue she cut the course (or she would not upload data to strava). Just take one look at the photos...., she looks like she is walking not running (100% armature from the bottom shelf), who cares? So much time and effort to expose who? And then 100s of same fat\old @$$ hats beating her to death, group bullying and execution. Does it feel good to kick someone to that extent? Such a mass hate/hysteria over nothing, this is no-event in world of Tri. but people make it look like it is huge. Now she should F@^@$%$% ride a book about her experience...

So you object to anyone calling out her cheating, or her psychotic response to those who pointed it out, but you are simultaneously engaging in age discrimination and body shaming!

The issue being the sheer volume of assholes this woman had to deal with when she may have made a mistake...so it's actually not psychotic at all if your inbox is randomly flooded with 200 jackwagons being jerks to you.

I understand your point and I don't advocate anyone going onto her facebook page. That aside, you are completely missing my point that Sebo is criticizing her critics at the same time he was slamming her for being old and fat. I was stunned by the sheer hypocrisy of the post.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think the thing that needs attention is not her cheating to get QOMs or in triathlon, which of course she was and should have been dq'd for (and should probably be banned), but that her immediate response to the DQ, even before being "harrassed" is to say that she understands all the mass shooters and their mass shootings and that she wants to blow calfornia up. This lady is an elementary school teacher. These kinds of statements cannot be ignored. She is legitimately a danger, especially when she appears to have some diagnosable mental issues.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Last edited by: RowToTri: Jul 19, 18 6:58
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:
].... especially when she appears to have some diagnoseable mental issues.

Not be terribly flippant, but I wonder how hard she crashed, that one time? When she said ... [on her FB, I believe; I'm copying from marathoninvestigation.com]

Quote:
On one of her Facebook posts where “she nearly” died in “her crash,” she speaks of the medics “dragging her to the curb” as she was unconscious. Yet, she heard them say “this doesn’t look good.” (Medics don’t talk that way.)

In another post, she about the crash, she talks about “dragging myself to the curb.”

So which was it, you were unconscious and was dragged, but still heard the medics or you were not unconscious and dragged yourself?

I wonder if she sustained a severe enough head injury to affect her personality & judgement; something in the CTE realm?

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lardogbeck wrote:
This woman fascinates me. Her FB page is still public, as is her Garmin connect profile. If you look at her bike rides, they are all in the 15-18mph range. She commented on FB about her best ride of the year (link 1) that appears to have been flagged, deleted, or made private on Strava. I found the ride on Garmin connect (link 2). It's a total outlier and does not have HR or cadence data as does another ride on the same day 2 hours later (link 3).
Link 1 (FB post): https://www.facebook.com/anita.carcone/posts/10213779597996904
Link 3 (representative ride): https://connect.garmin.com/.../activity/2659192189

Yes, locally we believe she is doing that it changing data to get QOM’s. Best part is a female pro was here and was sent out to take all those QOM’s back.

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:
Sebo is criticizing her critics at the same time he was slamming her for being old and fat. I was stunned by the sheer hypocrisy of the post.

Especially since she doesn't appear to be old NOR fat ... OK, not very old [she's late-40s, right?]

Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
RowToTri wrote:

Not be terribly flippant, but I wonder how hard she crashed, that one time? When she said ... [on her FB, I believe; I'm copying from marathoninvestigation.com]

Quote:
On one of her Facebook posts where “she nearly” died in “her crash,” she speaks of the medics “dragging her to the curb” as she was unconscious. Yet, she heard them say “this doesn’t look good.” (Medics don’t talk that way.)

In another post, she about the crash, she talks about “dragging myself to the curb.”

So which was it, you were unconscious and was dragged, but still heard the medics or you were not unconscious and dragged yourself?

I wonder if she sustained a severe enough head injury to affect her personality & judgement; something in the CTE realm?

You don't get CTE from a single event. So that's not it. But a good TBI in just the right place will mess with your personality and judgement; I know it did with mine, especially my judgement. It took a while to recalibrate myself, and that was being aware of my problems. I can totally see how that recalibration doesn't happen when you're not even aware you have issues.

Citizen of the world, former drunkard. Resident Traumatic Brain Injury advocate.
Last edited by: Richard Blaine: Jul 19, 18 7:29
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
HuffNPuff wrote:
Sebo is criticizing her critics at the same time he was slamming her for being old and fat. I was stunned by the sheer hypocrisy of the post.

Especially since she doesn't appear to be old NOR fat ... OK, not very old [she's late-40s, right?]

I thought she was quite attractive (on the outside) and certainly not old. But I'm M61 this year. That tells me that SEBO must be 20s or 30s. Damn kids, get off my lawn!
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [Richard Blaine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Richard Blaine wrote:
You don't get CTE from a single event. So that's not it. But a good TBI in just the right place will mess with your personality and judgement; I know it did with mine, especially my judgement. It took a while to recalibrate myself, and that was being aware of my problems. I can totally see how that recalibration doesn't happen when you're not even aware you have issues.

Right, that's what I meant

Thanks

Yes, you wouldn't know what action to take, if you didn't know/realize there was an issue. People might think 'She's been acting really weird lately' and not say anything to her about it, because 'Must be all that Ironman training she does'

Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:
I think the thing that needs attention is not her cheating to get QOMs or in triathlon, which of course she was and should have been dq'd for (and should probably be banned), but that her immediate response to the DQ, even before being "harrassed" is to say that she understands all the mass shooters and their mass shootings and that she wants to blow calfornia up. This lady is an elementary school teacher. These kinds of statements cannot be ignored. She is legitimately a danger, especially when she appears to have some diagnosable mental issues.

Your above post sums up my exact thoughts on this entire situation. From reading about this situation on multiple platforms, it sounds like her employer was contacted already so I think your above concerns will be addressed by the appropriate people and hopefully this woman will get the help she needs if she truly does need help.

I do not support piling on, harassing, stalking etc, but I do feel like if you see something such as a red flag that could potentially dangerous situation, it should at least be reported through the appropriate channels before moving on.

"If it costs you 30 minutes at Maryland so what" -dwreal
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
HuffNPuff wrote:
sebo2000 wrote:
synthetic wrote:
https://www.marathoninvestigation.com/2018/07/disqualified-triathlete-anita-carcone.html

those messages she sent to me (the pollack)

Why do people care about some douche event (not Kona, not TdF not Olympics) , by some old fat woman that probably had not a clue she cut the course (or she would not upload data to strava). Just take one look at the photos...., she looks like she is walking not running (100% armature from the bottom shelf), who cares? So much time and effort to expose who? And then 100s of same fat\old @$$ hats beating her to death, group bullying and execution. Does it feel good to kick someone to that extent? Such a mass hate/hysteria over nothing, this is no-event in world of Tri. but people make it look like it is huge. Now she should F@^@$%$% ride a book about her experience...

So you object to anyone calling out her cheating, or her psychotic response to those who pointed it out, but you are simultaneously engaging in age discrimination and body shaming!

The issue being the sheer volume of assholes this woman had to deal with when she may have made a mistake...so it's actually not psychotic at all if your inbox is randomly flooded with 200 jackwagons being jerks to you.

Maybe her Facebook notifications were flooded, bit not private inbox. She rather, did private message many individuals for comments on her public posting. I posted on her page about complaining about Strava and data privacy. In a race , you are in the public, and your data not private anymore..
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [Richard Blaine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Richard Blaine wrote:
RandMart wrote:
RowToTri wrote:

Quote:

Looks like it affected your ability to spell judgment correctly also :)
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [JMike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JMike wrote:
Richard Blaine wrote:
RandMart wrote:
RowToTri wrote:

Quote:

Looks like either you're wrong or it's some sort of American/Canadian thing:

:) :)

Citizen of the world, former drunkard. Resident Traumatic Brain Injury advocate.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lardogbeck wrote:

No wonder she was "recruited" to purchase that tri kit. According to the Strava data posted to FB (Link 1) her estimated average power was 393W!
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [JMike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JMike wrote:
Richard Blaine wrote:
RandMart wrote:
RowToTri wrote:

Quote:

Both are correct

http://www.dictionary.com/...dgement-vs-judgment/

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [bluestacks867] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bluestacks867 wrote:
RowToTri wrote:

Your above post sums up my exact thoughts on this entire situation.

x2.

BTW, are you related to Hotman567??? :-)

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [bluestacks867] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bluestacks867 wrote:
... hopefully this woman will get the help she needs if she truly does need help.

I'm no mental health professional, but there is no "if" here

She definitely needs help, of some sort

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Some follow-up on these matters.

https://honestathlete211358887.wordpress.com
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [stevebadfish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just sent my first small donation to marathon investigation exposing this hot mess of a woman. Probably the best money I'll spend today ;-)

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [Stelvio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
apparently on that superfast day she kept her garmin in an AC cooled container as it reads 73 deg when the outside temp was 96 deg
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She cheated. She knew she was doing it.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but don't race participants look at a watch/bike computer/mileage sign during a race and note how far they've gone? If the race is known to be X miles, but the watch display reads less than X miles by a significant amount, uh, wouldn't the racer who has passed first grade math realize the mistake? Add to that, you'd expect that a participant has trained and knows what split times to expect for certain distances within a certain range. "HFS! I just crushed my best training day speed by 20%.... oh, wait...."

I skipped a bunch of replies on this thread, so I may have missed if someone posted this already. It is OBVIOUS that she knew she cut the course at some point, either at the time of the actual cut, or, diabolically, before the race when she planned where she would cut. She wanted to brag on social media, and instead got caught, and manipulated her friends along the way.

It would be fascinating to do a psychological profile of these kinds of people who live in their own fantasy worlds of lies. Like the woman I know who brags on and on about swimming in the 1960 Olympics even in this era where we can find out in seconds that she is in fact lying. WTF is going on in their minds?!?
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [140triguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The single really fast ride with no heart rate or cadence data that was only 73 degrees despite it being 20 degrees higher at the time, and bragging about it as a legit ride.....

That pretty well clinched it for me as far as this being pre-meditated.

The willingness to fake rides like that to make it look like she's capable of riding much faster, then cutting a loop off of the course and claiming she did it all, despite her own gps data saying otherwise, then further a ridiculous attempt at faking that data too.

It's almost sad really.
Quote Reply

Prev Next