Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [140triguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
140triguy wrote:
She cheated. She knew she was doing it.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but don't race participants look at a watch/bike computer/mileage sign during a race and note how far they've gone? If the race is known to be X miles, but the watch display reads less than X miles by a significant amount, uh, wouldn't the racer who has passed first grade math realize the mistake? Add to that, you'd expect that a participant has trained and knows what split times to expect for certain distances within a certain range. "HFS! I just crushed my best training day speed by 20%.... oh, wait...."

I skipped a bunch of replies on this thread, so I may have missed if someone posted this already. It is OBVIOUS that she knew she cut the course at some point, either at the time of the actual cut, or, diabolically, before the race when she planned where she would cut. She wanted to brag on social media, and instead got caught, and manipulated her friends along the way.

It would be fascinating to do a psychological profile of these kinds of people who live in their own fantasy worlds of lies. Like the woman I know who brags on and on about swimming in the 1960 Olympics even in this era where we can find out in seconds that she is in fact lying. WTF is going on in their minds?!?

I think she cheated

But to answer your question I don’t have. Bike computer or timing watch bit have done many races up to 1/2 IM.

I would have no idea if a course was long, short or exact.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
140triguy wrote:
WTF is going on in their minds?!?

I suppose there are a few out there who believe her story/excuses, and for her, those few are worth the embarrassment. If she can pull the wool over a few gullible saps, then she can still feel like a champion. She enjoys being a martyr, and her supporters love a martyr story.

Not everything is as it seems -Mr. Miyagi
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [RBR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RBR wrote:
140triguy wrote:
She cheated. She knew she was doing it.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but don't race participants look at a watch/bike computer/mileage sign during a race and note how far they've gone? If the race is known to be X miles, but the watch display reads less than X miles by a significant amount, uh, wouldn't the racer who has passed first grade math realize the mistake? Add to that, you'd expect that a participant has trained and knows what split times to expect for certain distances within a certain range. "HFS! I just crushed my best training day speed by 20%.... oh, wait...."

I skipped a bunch of replies on this thread, so I may have missed if someone posted this already. It is OBVIOUS that she knew she cut the course at some point, either at the time of the actual cut, or, diabolically, before the race when she planned where she would cut. She wanted to brag on social media, and instead got caught, and manipulated her friends along the way.

It would be fascinating to do a psychological profile of these kinds of people who live in their own fantasy worlds of lies. Like the woman I know who brags on and on about swimming in the 1960 Olympics even in this era where we can find out in seconds that she is in fact lying. WTF is going on in their minds?!?

I think she cheated

But to answer your question I don’t have. Bike computer or timing watch bit have done many races up to 1/2 IM.

I would have no idea if a course was long, short or exact.

1) You're an outlier (and she had multiple GPS devices, so the hypothetical of lacking one is irrelevant).

2) I do not believe that you can't tell the difference between a 12 mile ride and 20 miles, or 16mph and 22mph. Not for an instant.

The point is, ladies and gentleman, that speed, for lack of a better word, is good. Speed is right, Speed works. Speed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [Toby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's actually worse than that. If you look at any of the files, she only averages 13.8mph for the first half of her 12 mile ride, and actually rides closer to her potential for the last half just to get to 16mph. Everyone would have been flying by her like she was standing still.

Honest Athlete
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [dfquigley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How about the fact that she credits the tailwind for her 30+ mph speeds!? The winds at that time were out of the East (maybe 10mph with some gusting). The only problem is that, even if you believe she could do a hurricane assisted 30+ mph (I do not), she averages the 30+ mph going both East to West AND West to East (ie into the headwind). She is going to go down as both the Greatest Cheat of All Time AND the Worst Cheat of All Time!

Honest Athlete
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [chxddstri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chxddstri wrote:
140triguy wrote:

I suppose there are a few out there who believe her story/excuses, and for her, those few are worth the embarrassment. If she can pull the wool over a few gullible saps, then she can still feel like a champion. She enjoys being a martyr, and her supporters love a martyr story.

"If you can't be a Hero, be a Victim" kinda thing?

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Her strava is a goldmine of cheating and lies. Only took a few minutes to find this jem.
Her June 22nd ride in San Diego. On her 29 mile ride there was a ten mile section that was obviously done in a car averaging over 50mph.
Someone commented, “Wow! A ten mile stretch over 50 mph? What’s your secret?”.
Her response was,”It’s called a very fast TT bike and a disk wheel! And some fast riders in front!”. Then she adds more,”Dave Kiley, oh, a few cars in front going fast too😃help from the strong tailwind too💨💨💨”.
She got the kom on hotel circle westbound by 19seconds with a top speed over 60mph! The problem with her story is that this segment is against the wind and uphill.
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
chxddstri wrote:
140triguy wrote:

"If you can't be a Hero, be a Victim" kinda thing?

I was thinking more like, “50 people admire me, and thousands are disgusted with me. Yeah, I can live with that.”

Very desperate for “fame”.

Not everything is as it seems -Mr. Miyagi
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [chxddstri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe she figures we are at a point in American societal history where people have too many other things to worry about than to care whether she is an OUT AND OUT LIAR. The thing is, this very same point in American societal history has a bunch of people ready to go out and challenge every claim, especially when those claims are ridiculous. What a time to be alive.

Here's the reason I ask "WTF is going on in their minds?": everything is recorded online, and we have such quick access to any information we want. Even information and data from the past are online, if an event was important enough to be posted online retroactively. You'd expect that someone who posts extraordinary claims be aware that extraordinary claims require (in this day and age) corroborated evidence.

I once caught a 30# salmon in British Columbia and climbed Aconcagua without supplemental oxygen.

(Signed)
140triguy, US Senator from Kentucky, 2008-14.
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [Sailorguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sailorguy wrote:
Her strava is a goldmine of cheating and lies. Only took a few minutes to find this jem.
Her June 22nd ride in San Diego. On her 29 mile ride there was a ten mile section that was obviously done in a car averaging over 50mph.
Someone commented, “Wow! A ten mile stretch over 50 mph? What’s your secret?”.
Her response was,”It’s called a very fast TT bike and a disk wheel! And some fast riders in front!”. Then she adds more,”Dave Kiley, oh, a few cars in front going fast too😃help from the strong tailwind too💨💨💨”.
She got the kom on hotel circle westbound by 19seconds with a top speed over 60mph! The problem with her story is that this segment is against the wind and uphill.

I use the Flag feature on Strava for just such reasons.

99.9% of BS KOM’s on Strava are unintentional - people leave GPS on before/after a ride, and many don’t know they can crop/edit the ride to fix that.

But somebody like this is in the 0.01% who is blatantly cheating, and not even very good at doing so.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [Sailorguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hope somebody flagged that ride.

Cheers,

thechromedome
http://www.favoritefinishlines.blogspot.com
http://www.cupcakecartel.org
My 20% off code for 2018 FS Series races: tricred18
"there are no drafters in heaven" - C Bonner
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OMG!!!!!!

I just visited her FB page: seems she went to an institution with a funny name. Check the spelling!

This just adds a whole new level of humor to the dark saga of Anita Carcone.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did the triclub she claims recruited her ban her?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RBR wrote:

Yes.

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, she was banished from Tri Scottsdale. The statement is on their FB page and clarifies that she was not recruited. I understand that she is not welcome in most of the local bike-shops as well (which predates this situation).
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bryancd wrote:
RBR wrote:

Yes.

Lol amazing she still has a post claiming she was recruited with a pic of the triclub trinsuit
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [dfroelich] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
a new business opportunity, lol (scientific editing of GPS files for believable bullshit)
Last edited by: CharlesYTri: Jul 21, 18 17:38
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dfquigley wrote:
The single really fast ride with no heart rate or cadence data that was only 73 degrees despite it being 20 degrees higher at the time, and bragging about it as a legit ride.....

That pretty well clinched it for me as far as this being pre-meditated.

The willingness to fake rides like that to make it look like she's capable of riding much faster, then cutting a loop off of the course and claiming she did it all, despite her own gps data saying otherwise, then further a ridiculous attempt at faking that data too.

It's almost sad really.

The thing (well, one of many things) that get me about this behavior from her and others: at some point, you'll be called on for whatever reason to ride or run with someone who is the speed you claim to be, and you won't be able to hang. That's going to suck, especially when people put it together if they hadn't already.

The point is, ladies and gentleman, that speed, for lack of a better word, is good. Speed is right, Speed works. Speed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Interesting in that her name has been changed to Anne Jones on her Facebook page. I didn't know you could change your name like that but I guess Anne Jones is a nice unfindable, innocuous choice.
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [stevebadfish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevebadfish wrote:
Yes, she was banished from Tri Scottsdale. The statement is on their FB page and clarifies that she was not recruited. I understand that she is not welcome in most of the local bike-shops as well (which predates this situation).

Banned from bike shops? That's saying something considering that bike shops need all the business they can get. Although Scottsdale bike shops may be doing better
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [mickison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mickison wrote:
stevebadfish wrote:

Banned from bike shops? That's saying something considering that bike shops need all the business they can get. Although Scottsdale bike shops may be doing better

Even bike shops have standards...(it's not like lawyers...or dentists.)

Honest Athlete
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [TriGirl67#2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriGirl67#2 wrote:
Interesting in that her name has been changed to Anne Jones on her Facebook page. I didn't know you could change your name like that but I guess Anne Jones is a nice unfindable, innocuous choice.

Double letters!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RBR wrote:

I almost joined Tri Scottsdale, it's a great club and they do tons of events. It's also free. I'm sure there are a few people on the board that are members, they have numerous pros that run their workouts. The Club has achieved numerous club national championships.

I ended up not joining because we moved to the East Valley and it just wouldn't work for me and I'm solo...well I'm still grounded with the bum wing. Still need a bike too.

Pretty sure the only people that get "recruited" to the club are pros. They are very public with where they workout, when the workouts are, anyone can join.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Last edited by: TheStroBro: Jul 25, 18 13:42
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [bt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bt wrote:
TriGirl67#2 wrote:

Double letters!

Most people try to HIDE their double letters

Clearly, it's meant to be a big "Fuck You"

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [bt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bt wrote:
TriGirl67#2 wrote:

Double letters!

Wait a second...Anne...double letters...what the hell is going on!?

Chicago Annie Case

https://www.marathoninvestigation.com/...f-chicago-annie.html

Honest Athlete
Quote Reply

Prev Next