Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Twitter twitch hunt finds its man [Calamityjane88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Georgia law is unusual. Given that the accused is not the supervisor of the victim, I don’t see how it could be sexual assault. Instead, it could be sexual battery. First offense is a misdemeanor.
Quote Reply
Re: Twitter twitch hunt finds its man [ike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ike wrote:
Georgia law is unusual. Given that the accused is not the supervisor of the victim, I don’t see how it could be sexual assault. Instead, it could be sexual battery. First offense is a misdemeanor.

Thank you for bringing commonsense

Rhymenocerus wrote:
I think everyone should consult ST before they do anything.
Quote Reply
Re: Twitter twitch hunt finds its man [PJC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PJC wrote:

Thank you for bringing commonsense

Wow, what a revelation from you as an unbiased opine;)
Quote Reply
Re: Twitter twitch hunt finds its man [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Our behavior towards others should not change, based on how it's going to look once viewed by the public at large. Respecting other people at all times isn't something that millennials invented.

Also, sexual harassment was coined by baby boomers, court precedent set by baby boomers. Being a baby boomer is not an excuse to be ignorant of the topic.

monty wrote:
But like I say every single time stuff like this happens, just assume everything you do these days is being filmed, and how is it gonna look once viewed by the public at large? And as someone firmly in the Baby Boomer generation, I do take umbrage of the accusation thrown at us all earlier, how many hits will my outrage get on this one....

That's a very strange thing to say

monty wrote:
And almost 7 1/2 million twitter views already. Isnt there some way that people can get paid for views? At the very least, hope she gets some pennies for being the subject of this story.
Last edited by: bloodyshogun: Dec 8, 19 23:06
Quote Reply
Re: Twitter twitch hunt finds its man [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
s13tx wrote:
SallyShortyPnts wrote:
PJC wrote:
Tsunami wrote:
Commentary on a Pathetics Thread on this topic is a bit disappointing.

I haven't read the previous 6 pages but she wasn't doing the race and shouldnt have been on the course.

He also shouldn't have slapped her on the bum. But charging him for assault is a bot over the top.

The JSAV reporter was doing her job covering the race.

In the United States of America, unwanted touching is assault; if the prosecutor (JSA, where are you when I need you) decides that her buttocks are sexual, then a sexual assault charge is appropriate and justified by the video.

Yup!! If that happens to my family, but he’s not punished properly. I will hunt him down and chop his hand off. That will teach him a lesson and send the message to the society. Just don’t do stupid shit like this.

We have a tough guy over here! Would fit right in over on the Arabian peninsula based on his views of crime and punishment.
Quote Reply
Re: Twitter twitch hunt finds its man [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Man, this thread is going off in some radical directions. Hands chopped off, 80s cigar-smoking arse whacking sentimentality, moral outrage, casual apathy. All the bases are covered, good work ST.

To lighten the mood, can I point out the following two excellent pieces of (ostensibly) accidental wordplay;

PJC wrote:
But charging him for assault is a bot over the top

Calamityjane88 wrote:
What a bummer for her

To unlighten the mood, for me, if the assaultee finds the assault to be sexual, then it is probably sexual. The difference in opinion between the assaulter and the assaultee is something for the judge to untangle, but if you put your hands on somebody without their permission then your fate is in their hands. The modern-thinking way to go about your business is to understand that somebody else's view may not be your own and, as such, it is probably not a good idea to smack a young woman* on the arse. As if that had to be said out loud.

*or a woman of any age, or any person for that matter. Seriously, just keep your hands to yourself and everything will be ok.

To those who find it a mild and unsexual thing to pat an unfamiliar young woman on the arse - it isn't up to you. It is up to the owner of the arse.

Cheers, Rich.
Quote Reply
Re: Twitter twitch hunt finds its man [bloodyshogun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's a very strange thing to say //

Not sure what part you are referring to, but the boomer part was a joke, based on the twitter attempt to pin the perp as one before knowing anything, and saying it was a proclivity for that generation. The part about the video hits, mostly joke, but I do find it amazing these days that this ends up being a very important metric( the most important in many cases), financially and how the public views a situation to ascertain their level of outrage..

I dont know the guy, have no idea what type of person he is, just this one second in time captured for the whole world to see. But it is becoming obvious like in so many other mega million hit capers, that he most likely will lose his job, has most of the world pushing for a sexual assault charge, will be ostracized by his community, and face whatever legal charges he ends up with. Maybe he deserves all of that and more, just seems like crime and punishment dont quite line up to me..

I have a little history in over the top sexual predator charges, so I'm a bit sensitive to the pitch forks and hang em high narrative. On a ride through Camp Pendelton on day with a good buddy of mine, a ride we did 4 days a week for decades, he has to stop and take a pee behind a tree. Every guy here reading this has done the same exact thing, most in much worse places like back of buildings, out of cars, wherever nature calls. At that very moment the only car on the road was an unmarked MP car, they pulled over and wrote him a ticket for peeing in the dirt, behind a tree..Move forward to judgment day, because because it was on federal land, he got a mandatory sexual predator charge, for exposing himself on federal lands. It was a nightmare, cost him 1000's of dollars in lawyer fees, and in the end was guilty. He had to for a decade report to every city he moved to as a sexual predator, there was no distinction from a guy peeing behind a bush and the full blown child molester. I couldn't believe what happened back then, and it was no internet mob, it was our justice system..
Quote Reply
Re: Twitter twitch hunt finds its man [hadukla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hadukla wrote:
PJC wrote:
But charging him for assault is a bot over the top.

No. It is not.

PJC wrote:

I haven't read the previous 6 pages but she wasn't doing the race and shouldnt have been on the course.

Ok, fair point. That still doesn't mean he should get off with anything less than a court visit.

It is people like you - that make this whole "sue everyone for everything" world a reality. He deserved a slap on the face - not a court visit.
Quote Reply
Re: Twitter twitch hunt finds its man [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What if you slap a friend on the ass in the middle of the race, and you both laugh about it. But someone who sees what just happened is traumatized by what they witnessed? If they perceive it as a sexual act and it wasn’t something they wanted to see...
Quote Reply
Re: Twitter twitch hunt finds its man [PJC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PJC wrote:
SallyShortyPnts wrote:

The JSAV reporter was doing her job covering the race.

In the United States of America, unwanted touching is assault; if the prosecutor (JSA, where are you when I need you) decides that her buttocks are sexual, then a sexual assault charge is appropriate and justified
by the video.

That was NOT Sexual assault.

Assault maybe.

If you honestly believe that is sexual assault, your sex life must be out of control. Walk into the kitchen, put your hand on your wifes bum. Was that good for you honey?

The real issue here is you yanks love to sue over anything. And going to court for this is why america is so screwed up. Sure fine the guy $1000 for assault. Force him to say sorry. But anything more is so pathetic.

Really? Of course it's sexual assault, and my sex life has nothing to do with it. My husband touching my butt is completely different from some stranger slapping my ass out in public. Because I'm ok with my husband doing it, I should be ok with any guy who thinks he is entitled to touch my body to touch/slap/grab me?

This isn't a hard concept. Keep your damn hands to yourself.
Quote Reply
Re: Twitter twitch hunt finds its man [TJP_SBR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TJP_SBR wrote:
What if you slap a friend on the ass in the middle of the race, and you both laugh about it. But someone who sees what just happened is traumatized by what they witnessed? If they perceive it as a sexual act and it wasn’t something they wanted to see...

In triathlon (or any event that is federation supported event) if the person that saw it didn't report it, that person would also be in violation of "safe sport" in 2019 and beyond. Hell you could have adults doing a track workout together, they put arm around arm, that is very potentially a "safe sport" violation.

I believe the only act that is considered "safe" is a fist pump.....And as monty first alluded to, you almost have to live life like everything is being "recorded".

In actuality this likely will also go as a safe sport violation (more obvious safe sport violation) and would exclude him from doing many endurance activities that are attached to a federation membership.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Last edited by: B_Doughtie: Dec 9, 19 7:09
Quote Reply
Re: Twitter twitch hunt finds its man [Twinkie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Twinkie wrote:
hadukla wrote:
PJC wrote:

No. It is not.

PJC wrote:

Ok, fair point. That still doesn't mean he should get off with anything less than a court visit.

It is people like you - that make this whole "sue everyone for everything" world a reality. He deserved a slap on the face - not a court visit.

This has nothing to do with a suit, nor civil litigation. This was a crime and he is facing a deserved punishment. Learn the difference.

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think for both this guy and Sagan, a minor court appearance in which they're told they're required to undergo a course or time in an environment in which they learn about their inappropriate behavior.

I think both sides have it wrong. The pssy grabbers want free reign to act foolish "cause it ain't no big deal" and woke cancel culture wants to totally ruin anybody's life who is caught doing anything foolish or inappropriate.

There's a measured and balanced set of consequences for things like this.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hadukla wrote:
Twinkie wrote:
hadukla wrote:
PJC wrote:

No. It is not.

PJC wrote:

This has nothing to do with a suit, nor civil litigation. This was a crime and he is facing a deserved punishment. Learn the difference.

I bet if someone steals some bread - you are the type to cut hands off.
If you have kids - and they go to college - better lawyer up. Someones kid will have a parent just like you and say "they touched the small of my back when they hugged me" and shit will hit the fan and you will be sitting there thinking, it was a wanted hug and he just put his hand on the small of her back.

but unwanted physical touch is a crime isn't it?
smh

to be clear - I absolutely 100 percent in every possible way - as a brother and uncle of 2 girls - disagree with what he did. HOWEVER - she should have turned around and laid him out. No need to ruin his life because he is a D-bag.
Last edited by: Twinkie: Dec 9, 19 7:45
Quote Reply
Re: Twitter twitch hunt finds its man [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I get it, it’s a guy touching a girls butt without permission. We don’t know the background of either individual. Maybe she was waiting for her first physical contact with a male until her wedding night and this has destroyed her life. Maybe he has a history of assaulting women.

.....Or maybe they are two people at a sporting event and everyone is having a good time and in a stupid lapse of judgement this guy made a split second decision and slapped someones butt thinking it would be funny.

I guess more details will come out as this plays out.
Quote Reply
Re: Twitter twitch hunt finds its man [Twinkie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The reality is that acts like you are describing are being more and more "regulated". Especially within sports environment. As I just noted, "safe sport" is something all adults better be ready for and to understand just how liable you are (and I'm talking about innocent actions not ass grabbing moves)......You even being around someone giving a hug and not reporting can then make you liable if it becomes an issue.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: Twitter twitch hunt finds its man [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B_Doughtie wrote:
The reality is that acts like you are describing are being more and more "regulated". Especially within sports environment. As I just noted, "safe sport" is something all adults better be ready for and to understand just how liable you are (and I'm talking about innocent actions not ass grabbing moves)......You even being around someone giving a hug and not reporting can then make you liable if it becomes an issue.

The reality? Teach your kids to only talk and f*ck hookers (legal ones) because they are paid for and it is thus and henceforth a contractual business arrangement and thus liability removed if the actions bought/paid for are within the confines of said agreement.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The guy was waaaaay out of line. Assault? Yes. No doubt. Are there legal remedies for it? Yes.

But at great risk of diverting the subject . . . this raises an important issue. In our politically correct age, we've stopped using the term "rape." When a rape takes place, we now euphemize it to "sexual assault" or merely "assault." Then, when this guy slaps her on the behind, we also call it "sexual assault." There's such a broad range of behavior now euphemized into "sexual assault" that you don't know what a person is talking about when they use the term. And the term is highly emotionally charged. Was it an unwanted kiss? An unwanted slap on the behind? (Both wrong.) Or was it a beating, armed threatening, physical mayhem, and rape? The two extremes don't really fit into the same word -- and shouldn't be forced into the same word. I think a lot of the issue here is the use of the word. When you use precisely the same term for a brief, unwanted, clothed but offensive touching and something that is violent and physically destructive, people become confused. Society needs to go back to describing things plainly. Otherwise, people misunderstand and you get arguments like the one in this thread.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
...based on the twitter attempt to pin the perp....

Monty, get your head out of your ass. It wasn't "Twitter", it was *people*. And they're not "attempting" or "pining" anything. They're talking. People used a medium to communicate and discussed publicly available information, ie. video of the assault and pictures of the assaulter from the race. It's almost as if *people*, regular everyday American people, think that assault is wrong, are not putting up with it, and are finding ways to communicate about it.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Twitter twitch hunt finds its man [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What about the Dominatrix crowd at Ironman Florida tapping runners on the butt with the furry toys? Should I have called the police? What about the runner behind me that saw it? What about the 1000 other runners, girls and guys? Should I have even mentioned this?

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Re: Twitter twitch hunt finds its man [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And as I said in an earlier post about the boomer subject, it was a joke, you remember those?? You of all people should be able to recognize sarcasm..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Some of the content of this thread is very disturbing.

Hands off without consent. Not a hard lesson to learn. It is never acceptable. Anywhere on any occasion. By any gender. At any age. We’ve known this for quite some time. I am glad that the majority responding see that. The “bros will be bros” and “it’s harmless, just having a bit of fun” have long been debunked. No additional context is needed to know this is not acceptable behavior. The appropriate punishment will be determined by the justice system and his peers (those in his life) and his victim — not us.

Sporting coaches, group exercise class instructors (eg yoga), etc... are being taught to ask permission before using their hands to correct positions.

The take away lesson: No touching anyone without consent.
Quote Reply
Re: Twitter twitch hunt finds its man [Toban] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The take away lesson: No touching anyone without consent. //
Which every single person in this thread has stated, so what is it that you are so disturbed about again??
Quote Reply
Re: Twitter twitch hunt finds its man [Toban] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Toban wrote:
Some of the content of this thread is very disturbing.

Hands off without consent. Not a hard lesson to learn. It is never acceptable. Anywhere on any occasion. By any gender. At any age. We’ve known this for quite some time. I am glad that the majority responding see that. The “bros will be bros” and “it’s harmless, just having a bit of fun” have long been debunked. No additional context is needed to know this is not acceptable behavior. The appropriate punishment will be determined by the justice system and his peers (those in his life) and his victim — not us.

Sporting coaches, group exercise class instructors (eg yoga), etc... are being taught to ask permission before using their hands to correct positions.

The take away lesson: No touching anyone without consent.

Take away: I will fight this movement. Ladies, if you want to slap my ass, go for it. If you are 18, 25, 39, 41, 68, hell 102..ugly, fat, hot, skinny, short, tall, white, black, yellow, purple, gay, straight. GO FOR IT. Hell, in good sport - guys, you feel like giving me a smack on the ass when I am racing, a little boost - Go for it! It wont get me going and Ill continue to sleep with my lady - but if it makes you smile and its in good fun - you firmly plant your hand on my cheek and smile about it. I will smile back and say "hell ya". I will even do a little hip gyration dance to anyone who in good sport and lovingly slaps the rear.

the above is called "not taking life to seriously"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any comment that suggests it was not a big deal is disturbing. Only the reporter can decide what it means to her as it was only her right to give consent. We can’t judge for her.
Quote Reply

Prev Next