Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Twitter twitch hunt finds its man [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
Yeeper wrote:
klehner wrote:
stevie g wrote:
If this is not worthy of charges why is the initial incident worthy. Two people randomly touching individuals inappropriately

For crying out loud, the butt-slap was wholly inappropriate, given that the recipient was unaware of what was going to happen. The random kiss was not some woman sneaking up on an unsuspecting guy and planting a kiss on him (which would have been pretty much equivalent to the butt-slap). The kiss was negotiated beforehand: look at the man's posture, and consider that the man's friend was prepared and able to take a well-composed photo of the kiss. Nobody involved in the kiss: not the man, not the woman, not the man's friend, thought the kiss was "inappropriate" at the time and afterwards.

Serious question: what if he felt pressured by the situation or the "environment" and later on he regretted it? What if he realizes he didnt want to do that and her request took him by surprise?

He's responsible for his actions; he can regret all he wants, but it is on him that he chose his actions.

Feel free to get to your actual point.

My point was that this happens with reversed rolls all the time and then rape charges are filed or other action is taken. Then the men are scolded for putting the women in those situations. All blame on the men. None on the women.

My point was the screwed up judgement system we seem to accept, the one that many on this thread are defending.
Quote Reply
Re: Twitter twitch hunt finds its man [Yeeper] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I also think there's some social pressure going along here as well. Suggesting a man violated a woman is easier to accept and go along with and also that's the "correct" thing to say and do. We can all say no one should touch anyone else, but it's most especially the case for males touching females in our society *generally*.

But how many times have we said that a woman violated a man? Or do we simply not say much and consider it "soft" if the man then raises a stink about it. That's generally how I see our society accepting of those types of interactions. We kinda laugh at the situation if the woman plays grab ass (or simply ignore it and move on), but we think it's a "violation" if a man does it to a woman.

And yes I am speaking in generalities. I'm sure we can all point to specific cases to support whatever decision you want, but I think it's fair to say that we for sure treat the offenses differently depending on the circumstances. I've seen it far too often to not come to that reasonable conclusion.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Last edited by: B_Doughtie: Dec 14, 19 10:28
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeeper wrote:
klehner wrote:

He's responsible for his actions; he can regret all he wants, but it is on him that he chose his actions.

My point was that this happens with reversed rolls all the time and then rape charges are filed or other action is taken. Then the men are scolded for putting the women in those situations. All blame on the men. None on the women.

My point was the screwed up judgement system we seem to accept, the one that many on this thread are defending.

Never would have guessed that is where you are going.

I'm pretty sure that any adult woman who consents to sex while in control of her faculties (not drunk, not on drugs) cannot successfully charge someone with rape after the fact. She can make an accusation, but it won't go anywhere. Find me a case where a man was convicted of rape in these circumstances. Heck, find me a case where such charges weren't dropped. Unless, of course, she was lying about having given consent.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
Yeeper wrote:
klehner wrote:

I'm pretty sure that any adult woman who consents to sex while in control of her faculties (not drunk, not on drugs) cannot successfully charge someone with rape after the fact. She can make an accusation, but it won't go anywhere. Find me a case where a man was convicted of rape in these circumstances. Heck, find me a case where such charges weren't dropped. Unless, of course, she was lying about having given consent.

A man doesn't have to be convicted of a false rape or assault to have his life fucked up forever.False accusations are a great weapon these days as once someone has been accused of a "sex crime" then they are tainted for life.The blatant double standards in both general society and the courts don't help either.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
Yeeper wrote:
klehner wrote:

Why not? I've been specifically talking about how society views certain actions and how the public reacts to them.

Not every single result has to go to courts for their to be permanent damage for the "offender." It doesn't have to go anywhere legal to have a real and lasting impact. I'm concerned with how the public treats alleged offenders. We should be better. We should call people out when they're pulling dangerous and stupid shit. Otherwise it snowballs because the majority lets them get away with it.

https://reason.com/...-me-too-sex-hook-up/

^ girl and guy hookup, interrupted by other students. She admitted to everything being consensual, even took her own clothes off. She grabbed his butt and nipples also, not just him grabbing breasts and butt. But then after she admits to being self-conscious of a hickey when it was noticed. So she then changes the facts when her mom notices the hickey too. 'Nuff said, game over for the guy. She went around telling everyone, got the school involved, title IX investigation, he spends over $10k defending himself. Was found innocent in the end but at what cost? And this all went on despite her admitting she took him to a safe sex talk, took him back to her room, initiated all the physical contact, and was also the one to stop it.

Thankfully it ended best case scenario for him, but he was ruined in the end. And for this reason, I'm still very much against the pitchforks and torches mentality of the mob because they still go out even when the male has done nothing wrong. Actions and consequences. We treat them very differently.

https://reason.com/...y-msu-rape-title-ix/
^another title ix bullshit "regret hookup" where the guy was removed from university then lost his contract in the NFL. Get this, she got naked, he said he wanted to use a condom, she got pissed and then he left. Guess she didn't like that very much so she claimed rape. He was originally found not-guilty but she appealed, the school re-opened the investigation and then didn't notify him. The rest is history for him.

These are just two from a very quick google search, not even sleuthing.

You asked for non-drunken examples. I found two easily. But now lets bring alcohol into the equation. Pretty much well-known that even if two adults go out together and get drunk, then have sex, the male is still very much at risk. Even though they both are consenting adults and of legal age. The onus is put on the man. I may be off here, but I even think most colleges have that talk to incoming freshmen. Something of that sort, anyway.

Still think we don't treat women differently?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeeper wrote:

See my post #125 for 3 shining examples of equivalence, or arguably more egregious offenses where absolutely nothing happened to this extent.

Meh, I'm not going to analyze a bunch of things trying to find egregious hypocrisy.

You think the internet should be more outraged? You want calls for jobs lost in every case?

Or is this your way of saying that you think we should be calling on the reporter to pipe down and withdraw her complaint so she can be consistent with a few historical cases with similar circumstances?

Or are you calling on the internet forums everywhere to re-calibrate into perfect moral consistency in outrage?

What do you want?

To be fair, I haven't seen a ton of outrage in the case of this reporter. At least in this thread. I haven't seen a single call for the guy to lose his job. Just a general agreement that the reporter might be justified in her criminal complaint. Which might be dismissed anyway if the two parties can come to an agreement.

In this case the guy was unlucky in the sense that event was captured with perfect conditions to go viral, with the reporter's instant revulsion captured on camera. But that's life. And it's not the reporter's fault, nor does it mean she should go easy on him because "the internet" is being mean. As former coach of high school kids, at the beginning of every season I'd give a 30-minute lecture on how much of our lives are on camera now, and a single bad decision can really follow you for life.
Last edited by: trail: Dec 14, 19 15:01
Quote Reply
Re: Twitter twitch hunt finds its man [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Yeeper wrote:

See my post #125 for 3 shining examples of equivalence, or arguably more egregious offenses where absolutely nothing happened to this extent.

Meh, I'm not going to analyze a bunch of things trying to find egregious hypocrisy.

You think the internet should be more outraged? You want calls for jobs lost in every case?

Or is this your way of saying that you think we should be calling on the reporter to pipe down and withdraw her complaint so she can be consistent with a few historical cases with similar circumstances?

Or are you calling on the internet forums everywhere to re-calibrate into perfect moral consistency in outrage?

What do you want?

To be fair, I haven't seen a ton of outrage in the case of this reporter. At least in this thread. I haven't seen a single call for the guy to lose his job. Just a general agreement that the reporter might be justified in her criminal complaint. Which might be dismissed anyway if the two parties can come to an agreement.

In this case the guy was unlucky in the sense that event was captured with perfect conditions to go viral, with the reporter's instant revulsion captured on camera. But that's life. And it's not the reporter's fault, nor does it mean she should go easy on him because "the internet" is being mean. As former coach of high school kids, at the beginning of every season I'd give a 30-minute lecture on how much of our lives are on camera now, and a single bad decision can really follow you for life.

First, Im glad you gave your kids the lecture. They need more of that.

As far as the examples, all Im saying is that its ridiculous that this man is banned from races and now in jail for tapping a woman on the butt. Because our own history shows that more serious offenses were dismissed entirely. I have to disagree, its not just "a few historical cases." Its pretty consistent.

So Id like to see all of those people claiming what he did was so terrible to basically shut the fuck up and go about their lives if they didnt call for jail time for the other examples I listed, and so many others where women are the offenders.

As far as the reporter, if she thinks what he did was so terrible to her then I expect to see her, and all other people in her shoes, to be a vocal advocate when it happens in the future regardless of gender.

Also, if a light tap on her butt affects her this much, then maybe she shouldnt be a reporter where she must immerse herself in the real world given todays news events. I think shes capitalizing on this, which doesnt help society either.

I think its far from a utopia hope to ask for that kind of equality. Its news and internet. Simple really.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quoting my dad here when I was 16:

“Son, if you sleep with that girl and daddy finds out you took his daughters virginity and doesn’t like it you’ll wind up in prison. He’ll get her to cry rape and you’ll be done.”

This was about 20 years ago.

Insert “keeping it real” and the internet and multiply the sentiment 10 fold.

He was a dick, but not prison level dick. C’mon.
Quote Reply
Re: Twitter twitch hunt finds its man [lacticturkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Youth minister at church? And a boy scout leader? Well, well.

https://www.syracuse.com/...oy-scout-leader.html

lacticturkey wrote:
The smacking perpetrator was arrested yesterday, charged with sexual battery misdemeanor
Quote Reply
Re: Twitter twitch hunt finds its man [TJP_SBR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
F ark you are a sook.

Rhymenocerus wrote:
I think everyone should consult ST before they do anything.
Quote Reply
Re: Twitter twitch hunt finds its man [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A charge of misdemeanor sexual battery in connection with the incident at the Savannah Bridge Run last weekend.

I thought you guys said she was sexually assaulted? And going to get jail time.

I can’t wait for you Gumby super sleuths to be wrong. Again.

Rhymenocerus wrote:
Last edited by: PJC: Dec 14, 19 22:05
Quote Reply
Re: Twitter twitch hunt finds its man [PJC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, you missed it. Charged with sexual battery misdemeanor.

https://www.foxnews.com/...ing-reporter-rear-tv
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Arrested and charged sexual battery
Banned affiliated sports events
Banned from scouting
Lawyer fees
Quote Reply
Re: Twitter twitch hunt finds its man [Trirunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trirunner wrote:

And what’s the jail term for this? Given you all keep saying this is the worst thing to happen since jfk got shot by a member of the secret service and pinned it on some guy who didn’t do it?

Rhymenocerus wrote:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have no idea what the charges are.
I just posted for the first time on this thread to answer a question you asked, so please don't pretend to know my opinion on this.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you said that no one else

fark you are a sook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PJC wrote:
Trirunner wrote:

And what’s the jail term for this? Given you all keep saying this is the worst thing to happen since jfk got shot by a member of the secret service and pinned it on some guy who didn’t do it?

Up to a year in jail in Georgia but who knows what will actually happen 'cause it's,you know 'merica..

https://www.msn.com/...7Wn2?ocid=spartanntp

Guy shoots a bunch of folks on the street.....Oh well,"Thoughts and Prayers"

Guy slaps a reporter on the ass...OUTRAGE!!!!!!!!!! Torches and Pitchforks for everybody!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Twitter twitch hunt finds its man [ThailandUltras] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Keep making strawmen. When people mass shoot they tend to get shot or put away for a very long time
Quote Reply
Re: Twitter twitch hunt finds its man [stevie g] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevie g wrote:
Keep making strawmen. When people mass shoot they tend to get shot or put away for a very long time

I never mentioned anything about comparing jail terms so don't be putting words in my mouth.

It is all about public outrage and the general public don't go on social media and go crazy over mass shootings like they do for minor sexual harassment charges.The outrage is over-the top as usual in this case and the media love it. Why is it I am seeing this nothing story on mainstream media in Australia but nobody really gives much of a shit about the shootings at Pearl Harbor? It is because it fits the current narrative of the day.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
From what I can see only ST is up in arms. The Australian media can't even get properly up in arms about its inability to manage climate the environment and bush fires.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stevie g wrote:
From what I can see only ST is up in arms. The Australian media can't even get properly up in arms about its inability to manage climate the environment and bush fires.

You would be wrong again as our media is doing a great job in sensationalizing not only the fires but everything else that will get them ratings.Nice try in throwing a veiled insult my way but I'll be sure to hang my head in shame over Australia's measly impact on the global Climate Change shenanigans..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Marathoninvestigation has been posting about this, and it seems like every post, if you do not dive in face first with the opinion that he’s a sexual predator who deserves to be locked up and have the key thrown away, then you are labeled as someone who supports rape, and your post will get reported. It’s literally impossible to have a respectful discussion about the topic.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stevie g wrote:

Unfortunately, thats inaccurate. A simple search in Facebook or other social media will bring up many hits with hundreds of thousands of views and long comment threads. Mostly people calling for his job or sexual assault etc. Typical knee-jerk reactions.

And the media headlines for it embellished enough to make it gain traction that wasnt there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ThailandUltras wrote:
stevie g wrote:

You would be wrong again as our media is doing a great job in sensationalizing not only the fires but everything else that will get them ratings.Nice try in throwing a veiled insult my way but I'll be sure to hang my head in shame over Australia's measly impact on the global Climate Change shenanigans..

either we have a non-lavender-room, human discussion about this, or this goes to the lavender room. you guys choose. i promise you, if the shyte ever got really brown in all our lives, we'd be on the same team, supporting each other. so, we can focus on running somewhere other than to our corners, or i'll place this thread in the forum for which it might not have originally been appropriate, but the LR now seems the repository for this devolving discussion.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ThailandUltras wrote:
PJC wrote:
Trirunner wrote:

Up to a year in jail in Georgia but who knows what will actually happen 'cause it's,you know 'merica..

https://www.msn.com/...7Wn2?ocid=spartanntp

Guy shoots a bunch of folks on the street.....Oh well,"Thoughts and Prayers"

Guy slaps a reporter on the ass...OUTRAGE!!!!!!!!!! Torches and Pitchforks for everybody!!!

Thanks for bringing actual facts to the thread. Rather than just ranting it he is a bad man.

Yeeper wrote:
stevie g wrote:

Unfortunately, thats inaccurate. A simple search in Facebook or other social media will bring up many hits with hundreds of thousands of views and long comment threads. Mostly people calling for his job or sexual assault etc. Typical knee-jerk reactions.

And the media headlines for it embellished enough to make it gain traction that wasnt there.

yes because in the current day and age, everyone needs to be outraged by something like this.

Hell, I am. I'm outraged that this is even an issue given he has said sorry and clearly will never do it again and I doubt we will see anyone else do it for a while as well.

Rhymenocerus wrote:
Quote Reply

Prev Next