Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for the Quintana Roo PR Tri Bikes [ianpeace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello Ian,

This year you helped me to be fit for a Canyon Speedmax, I really appreciate that! I'm still open for a new bike, having decided to finish this season on the old one because of all the supply chain problems.
Now The new V-PR checks all my boxes as well: integration, looks, features. I even like the flexibility of front hydration more than Canyon's.

Could you please check which size V-PR to select, based on my measurements:

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/?post=7476223#p7476223

Stack 63 cm
Reach 44 cm
Height: 182 cm

Saddle Height over Crank Center: 71.4 cm (yes, short legs)
Saddle Setback: -3.3 cm
Drop from Saddle to Armpad Top: -8.3 cm
Nose of Saddle to Back of Pads: 48.1 cm
Saddle Tip to Aerobar End: 82.0 cm
Aerobar Pad Width: 22.0 cm
Aerobar Angle: 6.0 degrees
Saddle Horizontal Tilt: 1.2 degrees
Saddle Model: ISM PN3.1

Thank you!
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for the Quintana Roo PR Tri Bikes [ask77nl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Ian,

You previously gave me advice on a Canyon earlier in the year but that did not come to be. Am now considering a PR4 or PR5 and would like your thoughts on the correct size, stem length, orientation, etc. My coordinates are:

PadY (stack) 660 mm
PadX (reach) 432 mm
Seat Height 705 mm
Inseam 75 cm
Height 171.5 cm

You may recall that I am north of 60 and do not ride as low/long as I used to - the coordinates are correct.

Thanks so much for your help,

Steve
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for the Quintana Roo PR Tri Bikes [ask77nl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote:
Hello Ian,

Now The new V-PR checks all my boxes as well: integration, looks, features. I even like the flexibility of front hydration more than Canyon's.

Stack 63 cm
Reach 44 cm

ask77nl,
On the new QR V-PR you can fit onto 4 different sizes. I'm gonna toss out the two extremes and give you the two best options:
1) a size 50 will give you a Pad Y of 623 w/ 20mm of pedestal or 648 with 25mm of pedestal. Then to get a Pad X of 441 you place the "cross brace" (this is the bridge upon which the pads sit) in the forward position and mount the pad 100% back. That might extreme but you exact same pad X with the bridge set in the backwards position and the pads 100% forward - I like the pad stability and aesthetic of the bridge forward and backs back.
2) a size 52 will give you a Pad Y of 623 w/ 15mm of pedestal or 643 with 20mm of pedestal. Then to get a Pad X of 438 you place the bridge in the rearward position and mount the pad in using pad hold 2 and in bridge hole row 3.

Now, you may be asking "you've given me two choices, how do I decide?". What matters more to you the preciseness of your Pad Y or the Pad X and choose based on that. Also, if you're going to do the final fit yourself the prescription of "pad hole 2, bridge row 3" will make sense when you see it but you can also use QR's new Fit Ready system is amazing and something for you to consider. Read about that here: https://www.slowtwitch.com/...plications_8138.html

Ian Murray
http://www.TriathlonTrainingSeries.com
I like the pursuit of mastery
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for the Quintana Roo PR Tri Bikes [ianpeace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ianpeace wrote:

Quote:
Hello Ian,

Stack 63 cm
Reach 44 cm

ask77nl,
On the new QR V-PR you can fit onto 4 different sizes. I'm gonna toss out the two extremes and give you the two best options:
1) a size 50 will give you a Pad Y of 623 w/ 20mm of pedestal or 648 with 25mm of pedestal. Then to get a Pad X of 441 you place the "cross brace" (this is the bridge upon which the pads sit) in the forward position and mount the pad 100% back. That might extreme but you exact same pad X with the bridge set in the backwards position and the pads 100% forward - I like the pad stability and aesthetic of the bridge forward and backs back.
2) a size 52 will give you a Pad Y of 623 w/ 15mm of pedestal or 643 with 20mm of pedestal. Then to get a Pad X of 438 you place the bridge in the rearward position and mount the pad in using pad hold 2 and in bridge hole row 3.

Now, you may be asking "you've given me two choices, how do I decide?". What matters more to you the preciseness of your Pad Y or the Pad X and choose based on that. Also, if you're going to do the final fit yourself the prescription of "pad hole 2, bridge row 3" will make sense when you see it but you can also use QR's new Fit Ready system is amazing and something for you to consider. Read about that here: https://www.slowtwitch.com/...plications_8138.html

Thank you very much, that's helpful. And the Fit Ready sounds something worth investing (and not that expensive comparing with the total price of the bike).

I had one more short question. Right now my position is not super aero, but comfortable. There might be a potential to go a bit lower (longer) with time. As far as I understand taking size 50 in my case will give me more options to move the pads a bit more forward and lower them, right?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello Ian/QR,

I am in the market for the new V-PR with the Vision Pro front end. I was hoping you could lend me your opinion on what size I should purchase. The measurements below were taken from my existing Cervelo P5-6:

Stack: 638 mm
Reach (measured horizontally from bottom bracket to back of armrest): 470 mm
Nose of saddle and bottom bracket offset: 0mm
Seat above bottom bracket: 73.0 cm
Back of arm pad to top of shifters: 42.5 cm
Front of seat to back of arm pad: 45.3 cm

The P5-6 was tough to work on so I had a couple fit items that weren't perfectly dialed in. I'd prefer a little bit more distance between the back of arm pad and the top of shifters (i.e. accommodation for a longer forearm).

I would also ideally like to have plenty of adjustment in the X and Y directions for future position changes.

Third priority would be to get my armpads as high above the basebar as possible.

Based on my review, I'm thinking the 54 cm V-PR fits best. Would you let me know your thoughts? Thanks!

CG
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Ian,
I'm looking at a PR Five Disc. I'm trying to make sure I have the right fit. Can you please let me know your thoughts? Here is my latest Guru fit data from 2019 on a Cannondale Slice.

Saddle Horizontal - SX - 160
Saddle Vertical - SY - 731
Handlebar Horizontal -HX- 479
Handlebar Vertical - HY- 666
Saddle Height over Bottom Bracket - 792
Saddle Setback - 30
Drop from Saddle to Bars: 55
Reach from saddle to bars: 871

Please let me know your thoughts on correct size? I currently ride a 56CM Cannondale Slice and if you think I will need a stem extension or any other modifications.

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for the Quintana Roo PR Tri Bikes [CeeGee90] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Hello Ian/QR,

I am in the market for the new V-PR with the Vision Pro front end. I was hoping you could lend me your opinion on what size I should purchase. The measurements below were taken from my existing Cervelo P5-6:

Stack: 638 mm
Reach (measured horizontally from bottom bracket to back of armrest): 470 mm
Nose of saddle and bottom bracket offset: 0mm
Seat above bottom bracket: 73.0 cm
Back of arm pad to top of shifters: 42.5 cm
Front of seat to back of arm pad: 45.3 cm

The P5-6 was tough to work on so I had a couple fit items that weren't perfectly dialed in. I'd prefer a little bit more distance between the back of arm pad and the top of shifters (i.e. accommodation for a longer forearm).
I would also ideally like to have plenty of adjustment in the X and Y directions for future position changes.
Third priority would be to get my armpads as high above the basebar as possible.
Based on my review, I'm thinking the 54 cm V-PR fits best. Would you let me know your thoughts?

CG,
As is so often the case with super bikes you can fit on multiple sizes but I'm so glad you prioritized some issues as that makes my recomendation so much easiwer.
  • First priority: This "extension length" issue. It's really good that you brought this up and it will be the first choice you make in the build. As I think you already know the TFE cockpit is the super sexy, molded, one-piece, carbon arm-cup & extension. There's a TFE Pro that has 15deg of tilt and a TFE that has 3.5deg of tilt. Then each one of those comes in S/M/L in terms of extension length. You note that the back of your pad to the to the top of the shifter is 425mm and you want more. So, DO NOT get the TFE BAR. The large is 325mm. You can see it all here: https://shop.visiontechusa.com/en/type/aerobars/aerobars/triathlon-time-trial/metron-tfe-pro and then find the PDF near the bottom of this page that's entitled "how to choose". I want to urge you to get the TFA aerobar as you can put any length and any shape extension in there from pretty much any company. You can find more details on the TFE bar at the vistiontechusa site.
  • Second priority: lots of room to move in both X and Y.....I'll prescribe the "most middle" possible - that's my typical 1st priority when doing this here.
  • Third priority: Armpads high above the base bar... hmmm, this is interesting and perhaps clonflics a bit with your #2 issue.

If you wanted the most arm pad pedestal (so that the aerobars sit well above the basebar) you'd get a 52 (with TFA bar) and you'd have 50mm of spacer, place the cross bracket in the forward position and mount the arm pads in threaded hole row 10 on the bridge and hole #2 on the arm pad. Here's the rub: if you want lots of pedestal you get a small frame size but then you're near the end of your Pad X (cockpit distance) - the max Pad X on this size 52 is 487 (back of arm rest) so that's only 17mm of play.

If you went with a 54 you'd use 30mm of pedestal, cross bracket forward, threaded hold 8, pad hole 2. The max Pad X on this bike is 502 or 32mm of forward movement.

The 54 is the smarter chocie for you. The TFA - I think is a must. I'm not mentioning the shorter Pad X becasue there's a ton of it on both bikes (70-80mm).

Get back to me here with questions if you have 'em and I'll respond faster than this was to your post - appologies for that.

Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I had one more short question. Right now my position is not super aero, but comfortable. There might be a potential to go a bit lower (longer) with time. As far as I understand taking size 50 in my case will give me more options to move the pads a bit more forward and lower them, right?

Yes.

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for the Quintana Roo PR Tri Bikes [loweds] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Hi Ian,
I'm looking at a PR Five Disc. I'm trying to make sure I have the right fit. Can you please let me know your thoughts? Here is my latest Guru fit data from 2019 on a Cannondale Slice.

Saddle Horizontal - SX - 160
Saddle Vertical - SY - 731
Handlebar Horizontal -HX- 479
Handlebar Vertical - HY- 666
Saddle Height over Bottom Bracket - 792
Saddle Setback - 30
Drop from Saddle to Bars: 55
Reach from saddle to bars: 871

Please let me know your thoughts on correct size? I currently ride a 56CM Cannondale Slice and if you think I will need a stem extension or any other modifications.

Loweds,
You provided so much great info hear that I'm loathed to say this but I'm missing two key pieces: I need to know the Pad Y (could, if we had to, be called Pad Stack) and Pad X (and, as much as I'd hate it, we could call it Pad Reach) and then I need to know if that Pad X is to the back or the middle of the pad. These numbers should be on that Guru fit sheet, reply here and I'll get back to you right away. If not, call the fitter because they can put the Guru DFU back into your position based on the notes from the fit and hand measure the Pad Y/X if if they have to. If you get any hesistation DM here on ST with fitter's details and I'll call 'em. Failing that I have other methods to use to confirm size.

Let me know, Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Ian, I am actually looking into purchasing the QR SRfive bike. I am a recreational tri athlete and cyclist. I don't have a lot of measurements to offer but I can offer my height 5 ft 4in, Inseam 30.7 in or 77.5 cm. My current bike is a specialized ruby size 48 (which I do believe might be a bit small for me but not too sure). Let me know what other info you would like. I am interested in know if this bike would be a good fit and what size I should go with.
Thanks so much for your help!
Angela
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for the Quintana Roo PR Tri Bikes [atgordon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Hi Ian, I am actually looking into purchasing the QR SRfive bike. I am a recreational tri athlete and cyclist. I don't have a lot of measurements to offer but I can offer my height 5 ft 4in, Inseam 30.7 in or 77.5 cm. My current bike is a specialized ruby size 48 (which I do believe might be a bit small for me but not too sure). Let me know what other info you would like. I am interested in know if this bike would be a good fit and what size I should go with.
Thanks so much for your help!

Angela,
I don't know how this one slipped by me. I'm so sorry. I hope my answer can still help.
I would think... at 5'4" and 30.7 inseam that the 48 would be too small. I would think a 50 would be better but... the Stack and Reach of the bike is more important that the size.... and QR uses t-shirt sizes now (as many bike makers do). You're pretty leggy so that makes me think we should keep the Reach on the short side even if that requires a bit of spacer under the stem to get the bars to meet you in a logical spot. I'm thinking the size small SRfive with a Stack of 540 and Reach of 370 would be a good bet. The item that will likley make or break the fit is the stem and this bike comes with an FSA ACR stem and the small comes stock with a 90mm stem but they make that stem in an 80 and a 70. You can order this bike so that it's built to suit you and I'd order it with 70mm stem.

Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Ian,
Wonder if you might be able to make a recommendation? Height is 6’3” pad stack is 680, reach you middle is 500. I can get you more from my fit if needed, but that’s what I can remember without digging into my file. Looking at the PRfive most likely. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for the Quintana Roo PR Tri Bikes [SVxHR=CO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Hi Ian,
Wonder if you might be able to make a recommendation? Height is 6’3” pad stack is 680, reach you middle is 500. I can get you more from my fit if needed, but that’s what I can remember without digging into my file. Looking at the PRfive most likely. Thanks!

SVxHR=CO
If you've had a good, prescriptive fit for a tri bike then...yeah, I want those numbers but based on what you've given me here I'm guessing your legs are pretty long for a someone of your height and so a Pad Y of 680 and a Pad X of 500 to middle seems probable.

The PRfive would be a size 56 with a 70mm stem set in the -17deg position with 20mm of spacer under the stem and 5mm of aerobar pedestal. The pads would be mounted in the center hole. A nice position with lots of room to move in all directions in the future if you so desired.

Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Ian,

Just had a pre-fit done as I'm looking to get my first tri bike. Looking at either the PR6 or PR5 disc.

Pad X: 489
Pad Y: 667
Saddle height: 775

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for the Quintana Roo PR Tri Bikes [jdds] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote:
Hi Ian,
Just had a pre-fit done as I'm looking to get my first tri bike. Looking at either the PR6 or PR5 disc.

Pad X: 489
Pad Y: 667
Saddle height: 775

jdds,
"just had a pre-fit done".... it's music to my ears, well done!!

If you do a PRsix.... it's a 54cm with the mid clamp*, either 35 or 40mm of pedestal^, 90mm stem, bracket forward and arm rest mounted in the middle.
*the stem has a clamshell in the middle of it and you can put the two halves on top (to lower), on the bottom (to raise) or split 'em on either side of the base bar for the "mid clamp". ^35mm of ped gives you a Pad Y of 665 and 40mm of ped gives you 670.

If you do the PRfive... it's a 56cm with a 110stem in the -17deg position. That stem should be slammed and you'll need 10mm of pedestal in the aerobar. Arm rests either get mounted center (494) or one hole back of center (486)

Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Ian,
Thanks for the help. Having trouble accessing my fit numbers, fearing my thumb drive with it may be damaged.... if I can figure out what's going on there I'll put up some more measurements.
Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Ian,
I messaged about the PRSIX2 but I have maybe an obvious question, is there a particular advantage/ disadvantage of the XPR in comparison?

Here are the numbers I was given...

Saddle angle nose down 1.1 degrees
Seat height 760

handlebar x/y 424/686
saddle x/y 229/682
Pad x/y 390/726

I'm 5'11 with a 33 in inseam.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Raven1462
Aug 31, 22 9:28
Views: 5
Hi Ian,
I messaged about the PRSIX2 but I have maybe an obvious question, is there a particular advantage/ disadvantage of the XPR in comparison?

Seat height 760

handlebar x/y 424/686
saddle x/y 229/682
Pad x/y 390/726

So in doing some reading in this forum, it seems like my Pad X and Y are off and I have a suspicion of why. My first choice for fitter had a 5-6 month wait (and most were at least 2-3 months in my area) so I went with first available. He used my hybrid Giant measurements (which were set 10 years ago when buying it) with clip on aero bars as a starting point. He made several adjustments and I was quite comfortable throughout but he seemed to not want to push me beyond a certain point based on my previous configuration. So I think I am willing to take your guidance based on whatever you can get from the data we have. I will get on the schedule for my first choice fitter so I can adjust better in the spring.
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for the Quintana Roo PR Tri Bikes [Raven1462] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Raven1462 wrote:
Raven1462
Aug 31, 22 9:28
Views: 5
Hi Ian,

Seat height 760

handlebar x/y 424/686
saddle x/y 229/682
Pad x/y 390/726

So in doing some reading in this forum, it seems like my Pad X and Y are off and I have a suspicion of why. My first choice for fitter had a 5-6 month wait (and most were at least 2-3 months in my area) so I went with first available. He used my hybrid Giant measurements (which were set 10 years ago when buying it) with clip on aero bars as a starting point. He made several adjustments and I was quite comfortable throughout but he seemed to not want to push me beyond a certain point based on my previous configuration. So I think I am willing to take your guidance based on whatever you can get from the data we have. I will get on the schedule for my first choice fitter so I can adjust better in the spring.

Oh, and one more piece of info, he had me riding a 172.5 for crank but I am assuming that is not my best option? Sorry for all the questions, the more I read, the more come up.
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for the Quintana Roo PR Tri Bikes [Raven1462] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I almost always put my customers on 155mm cranks.
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for the Quintana Roo PR Tri Bikes [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, the more I read, I realize how suboptimal this fitting was. Unfortunately I was limited by availability in my area.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My 17 year old son is 5' 11.5" tall and 155mm cranks are perfect for his fit.
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for the Quintana Roo PR Tri Bikes [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Which cranks do you typically use for 155mm?
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for the Quintana Roo PR Tri Bikes [cielo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rotor cranks with INspider power meter.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So I am at a 175 on my hybrid bike which I think is why the fitter only went to 172.5. I am certainly open to going shorter but it seems like dialing all the way down to 155-160 from 175 would be a more noticeable adjustment? Would splitting the difference at 165 be reasonable or should I be willing to commit to shorter? Would that make a difference on my setup (from my reading here looks like a PRSIX2 52 would be my range)?
Quote Reply

Prev Next