Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for the Quintana Roo PR Tri Bikes [ianpeace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is awesome! Thanks so much for your help!
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for the Quintana Roo PR Tri Bikes [ianpeace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Ian,

Thanks for doing this. My numbers are from a bike fit that is 4 years old. There have been very little changes since then and has been very comfortable up to ironman distances. Will this still work? I will give you all the numbers I have and hope that is what you are looking for. I am considering the X PR or the V PR.

Saddle Height: 780 mm
Saddle Setback: 11 mm
Arm Pad Stack BB: 678 mm
Grip Width: 117 mm
Frame Stack: 539 mm
Frame Reach: 420 mm
Arm Pad Reach: 397 mm
Arm Pad Drop: -92 mm
Arm Pad Reach BB: 407 mm
Grip Reach: 750 mm
Grip Drop: -84 mm
Arm Pad to Grip Reach: 354 mm
BB to Grip Reach: 761 mm
Arm Pad Width: 230 mm

Thank you. Let me know if you need anything else.
Last edited by: sfdhoseman: Jul 6, 23 6:24
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for the Quintana Roo PR Tri Bikes [sfdhoseman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote:
Hi Ian,

Thanks for doing this. My numbers are from a bike fit that is 4 years old. There have been very little changes since then and has been very comfortable up to ironman distances. Will this still work? I will give you all the numbers I have and hope that is what you are looking for. I am considering the X PR or the V PR.

Saddle Height: 780 mm
Saddle Setback: 11 mm
Arm Pad Stack BB: 678 mm
Grip Width: 117 mm
Frame Stack: 539 mm
Frame Reach: 420 mm
Arm Pad Reach: 397 mm
Arm Pad Drop: -92 mm
Arm Pad Reach BB: 407 mm
Grip Reach: 750 mm
Grip Drop: -84 mm
Arm Pad to Grip Reach: 354 mm
BB to Grip Reach: 761 mm
Arm Pad Width: 230 mm

Thank you. Let me know if you need anything else.

sfdhoseman,
Your positon surprises me. You have a Pad Y of 678 and a Pad X of 407. If you take a look at this chart... you're an outlier.

For X-PR you'd need to go with the Profile-Design Zero/Seventeen stem (not the QR stem) and the prescription would be this... size 48* 110mm stem in the +17 degree position with 30mm of spacer under the stem and 35mm of aerobar pedestal then pads would be setback -5.50 (1 hole back of center.). *Don't freak at the bike size, it judged as frame stack, and makes a ton of sense.

For the VPR... keep in mind, totally different front end on this bike... you'd have to go with the Vision TFE bars (not the TFA Pro) and you'd get a size 54, 70mm of aerobar pedestal, and pads 100% back (bridge set rearword and closest holes used).

I'm wondering why 678-407 is your position. Here are some common reasons...
1) Road bike with clip on aerobars
2) Long cranks
3) Hips well behind bottom bracket (road saddle used, tri saddle that's too shallow)
4) Horrible accident invovling something massive, like a train, and you have 4 fused lumbar vertebrae
5) Fifth generation raised drinking well water on the bit of land that made Erin Brockovich (sp?) famous

There's got to be some explanation for why you're an outlier and if so, cool, we can occomodate but I want to make sure we're chasing the optimal position.

Eager to hear, Ian

Ian Murray
http://www.TriathlonTrainingSeries.com
I like the pursuit of mastery
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Ian,

Thanks for the reply. I am surprised that I am an outlier. There are definitely days that I feel like #5 applies but in regards to the bike fit I'm not sure this is one of them. I think I am average physique. The fitter did recommend that I go from 175 to 170 crank.....I never did. After looking back at some pictures of my fit it does appear that my hips are behind the BB but TBH I'm not sure what I'm looking at.

I have a 2010 Felt B16 size 56. I am 5-11 with an inseam of 31 and my saddle height is 780 mm. If you think it will help I am happy to send you the Retul report (with pictures) to your email listed in your slowtwitch account.

I would also like to get a list of fitters around the Sacramento/SF Bay area, in case I go that direction.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for the Quintana Roo PR Tri Bikes [sfdhoseman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Hi Ian,

Thanks for the reply. I am surprised that I am an outlier. There are definitely days that I feel like #5 applies but in regards to the bike fit I'm not sure this is one of them. I think I am average physique. The fitter did recommend that I go from 175 to 170 crank.....I never did. After looking back at some pictures of my fit it does appear that my hips are behind the BB but TBH I'm not sure what I'm looking at.

I have a 2010 Felt B16 size 56. I am 5-11 with an inseam of 31 and my saddle height is 780 mm. If you think it will help I am happy to send you the Retul report (with pictures) to your email listed in your slowtwitch account.

I would also like to get a list of fitters around the Sacramento/SF Bay area, in case I go that direction.

sfdhoseman,
Well, #6 could have been "your cranks are too long" and that is certainly part of the issue here. If you had just come with morphology (height and long legs) I'd have guessed your Pad Y around 658 (only 20mm diff from your 678) and Pad X near to 460 (a hundred miles away from the 407). I hope you have a pre-fit done and come back to this thread with the numbers to compare.

The fitter you need has to have all three of these elements
  1. Educated in the tri position
  2. Experienced in fitting the tri position
  3. A dynamic fit bike

Your options include..
Terry Gerardo, Sportsbasement Presidio
Gino, Sportsbasement Walnut Creek
Ceaser or Kevin at 3D Bike Fit, SF

The fit should be done on maximum 165mm cranks (prolly best at 160). When the fit is done you'll have two sets of numbers: 1) Pad Y and Pad X. Bring 'em back to me here and I'll prescribe with precision. 2) All your fit coordinates: seat height, set back, pad elevation, pad width, aerobar tilt, cockpit distance, etc. etc. Those numbers are what you are paying for and getting them before you order the bike is the smartest thing anyone can do. When the bike arrives go to a mechanic (or do it yourself) have the bike positioned exactly to your coordinates from the fitter's numbers. Ride it a while - progressivley: 60min, 90min, 2 hours then call the fitter and say either a) it's perfect, thank you or b) I've got a couple of minor issues can I drop in for a quick tweak.

I want to toss out a couple of other tid bits can assure a great fit. 1) DO NOT SETTLE for an "okay" saddle. Make the fitter put seveal under you on the dynamic fit bike so you can find one that feels great when you're sort of perched on the nose of it (see pics HERE and HERE) adn 2) go ready and willing to ride hard for ~7 minutes towards the end of the fit. When you and the fitter think you're close to the perfect spot have them up the resistance (to your 40k race pace effort) and ride there for 7-10min while you feel for changes you might need, they tweak while you're pedaling, and you just say "better" or "worse" til the fine tuning is finished.

Eager to hear back,

Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Ian, we spoke via PM a few weeks ago and I'm still weighing my options on repairing my bike, picking up a V-PR frameset and swapping components or going with a whole brand new V-PR šŸ˜®. I was finally able to get the measurements from my fitter and I pasted what he sent me below.

What do you think šŸ¤”?

A= 808mm
B= 75mm
C= 851mm
D= 405mm
E= 120mm
F= 540mm
G= 235mm
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for the Quintana Roo PR Tri Bikes [Lehrn2Lose] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm willing to be the numbers I need are in here but I need a reference to A-G.

Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ianpeace wrote:
I'm willing to be the numbers I need are in here but I need a reference to A-G.

Ian

Sorry. I thought that was how it was done around here šŸ˜€.

Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for the Quintana Roo PR Tri Bikes [Lehrn2Lose] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Lehrn2lose,

I want type out my thinking step by step because my process might reveal more information that will lead us to success. I need Pad Y and Pad X to prescribe a bike. The Slowtwitch icon you included doesn't have Pad X/Y on it which leads me to belive that it's really old - we live by Pad X/Y now and it's included in all our modern measuring and recording.

Mathematically.... I can get Pad X by subtracting B and D from C. Let's see what happens...
B is set back and it's 75mm - that's a big number for setback, I find it slightly dubious - but there could be a good explanation: you're on a crazy short saddle (like a BiSaddle) or you're incredibly tall, even taller than an 808 seat height would suggest. There could be a bad exlanation: this is a road bike with a proper road bike/shallow seat tube angle or the fit is created around an unusually (read: out of date) 73ish seat angle or the cranks are very long 175+ and the seat position reflects that or some such thing.
D is the extension length - back of pad to tip of aerobar, it's 405mm

So 75 + 405 = 480. If I subtrack 480 from C (the full cockpit: nose of saddle to tip of aero extension) 851 - I get 371. A Pad X of 371 to the back of pad is too short to be logical. It is a number that is an outlier on THIS GRAPH and no QR bikes (no bikes at all?) go down to 371.

I'm alwasy worried that I've made an error in a process like this so there's a way to double check it. F on the chart is another cockpit measurement (nose of saddle to back of pad) and it's 540mm. If I subtrack the setback of 75mm from 540 I should get Pad X and the same number calculated above: 540-75= 466. Now that's a Pad X nubmer that I can believe in! But I still can't pull a Pad Y off of this that I'd be confident about...I mean I could take seat height of 808 and subtrack pad elevation (E) 120mm and get 688 but there's some noise in that.

I'd like to compare 688/466 to a formula that I use. Please give me some basics: how tall are you, what is your inseam, and do you have any drastic abnormalities? And what bike are these nubmers from, have there been any changes since the fitting that yeilded these numbers, how long are the cranks, and are you happy with the position? Any info in our around that would help guide me.

Eager to help.

Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ianpeace wrote:

Lehrn2lose,

I want type out my thinking step by step because my process might reveal more information that will lead us to success. I need Pad Y and Pad X to prescribe a bike. The Slowtwitch icon you included doesn't have Pad X/Y on it which leads me to believe that it's really old - we live by Pad X/Y now and it's included in all our modern measuring and recording.

Eager to help.

Ian

Ian, first thank you for taking the time to respond to my post and please accept my apologies for providing the wrong information but it is still the diagram listed under the ā€œbike fit managerā€ when I view my profile. I donā€™t have access to the bike at the moment and the dimensions were provided to me from my fitter šŸ§.

I donā€™t think I have any drastic abnormalities but it really depends on who you ask šŸ¤”. Iā€™m a little bit over 6ā€™1ā€. I did have a BiSaddle on the previous bike and I think I was happy with the fit until the day of the accident. I had one 70.3 and 140.6 on it. It was a Medium Speedmax with 170mm cranks and I included a photo from Arizona below.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ianpeace wrote:
Quote:
Hi Ian,

sfdhoseman,
Well, #6 could have been "your cranks are too long" and that is certainly part of the issue here. If you had just come with morphology (height and long legs) I'd have guessed your Pad Y around 658 (only 20mm diff from your 678) and Pad X near to 460 (a hundred miles away from the 407). I hope you have a pre-fit done and come back to this thread with the numbers to compare.

The fitter you need has to have all three of these elements
  1. Educated in the tri position
  2. Experienced in fitting the tri position
  3. A dynamic fit bike

Your options include..
Terry Gerardo, Sportsbasement Presidio
Gino, Sportsbasement Walnut Creek
Ceaser or Kevin at 3D Bike Fit, SF

The fit should be done on maximum 165mm cranks (prolly best at 160). When the fit is done you'll have two sets of numbers: 1) Pad Y and Pad X. Bring 'em back to me here and I'll prescribe with precision. 2) All your fit coordinates: seat height, set back, pad elevation, pad width, aerobar tilt, cockpit distance, etc. etc. Those numbers are what you are paying for and getting them before you order the bike is the smartest thing anyone can do. When the bike arrives go to a mechanic (or do it yourself) have the bike positioned exactly to your coordinates from the fitter's numbers. Ride it a while - progressivley: 60min, 90min, 2 hours then call the fitter and say either a) it's perfect, thank you or b) I've got a couple of minor issues can I drop in for a quick tweak.

I want to toss out a couple of other tid bits can assure a great fit. 1) DO NOT SETTLE for an "okay" saddle. Make the fitter put seveal under you on the dynamic fit bike so you can find one that feels great when you're sort of perched on the nose of it (see pics HERE and HERE) adn 2) go ready and willing to ride hard for ~7 minutes towards the end of the fit. When you and the fitter think you're close to the perfect spot have them up the resistance (to your 40k race pace effort) and ride there for 7-10min while you feel for changes you might need, they tweak while you're pedaling, and you just say "better" or "worse" til the fine tuning is finished.

Eager to hear back,

Ian

Hi Ian,

I am just getting back to you after having a prescriptive from one of the fitters that you recommended.

The arm pad reach BB was 474
The arm pad stack BB was 708

Do you need anyother numbers?

It seems like I am still an outlier based on the chart you sent me but the numbers did change some.

Based on the new numbers what do you recommend for a QR-XPR?

Thanks,

Randy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Ian,

Bumped for response to my last post. I think I slipped through the cracks. I really appreciate this knowledge and time you are giving. Thank you!

Randy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Ian

I am looking at the PrFive2 and think I would need a 54

I currently ride a Giant Trinity Advanced Pro in size M ... according to the stack/reach chart it says 539 vs 540 and 417 vs 425 for the Giant compared to the QR so these are pretty close.

I am 6 ft. tall and my trinity is set up with a pad y of 685 and a pad x of 395 to the rear of the pad. The tip of the ISM saddle is 90 behind the BB. The extensions are 360 from the back of the pad to the tip and they are flat (not much option to tilt on the stock trinity). The saddle to pad drop is 90.

The QR site indicates that based on my height I should be 54 or 56 so I am hoping to get a more definitive answer before I decide.

thanks
Last edited by: Allan: Aug 10, 23 15:55
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for the Quintana Roo PR Tri Bikes [Allan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For a long Pad X you want to get the longest frame that allows you to hit your Pad Y

If you avail yourself of the opportunity to try tilting the bars

Essentially you are right at the front of the fit range on a 54 with a reasonable stem length at zero tilt
You are towards the front of the 56 range but have a bit of room to adjust, would need a 120x-17 stem if you want to preserve Pad X with tilt
At the bottom of the Y range for the 58.5, whether that's a problem depends on your future plans.
In short, you're at least a 56
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for the Quintana Roo PR Tri Bikes [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Cyclenutz for this detailed info

I just noticed a typo in my original post and the pad x is only 395 not 495 which I think would put me on a 54 based on your charts. At first glance I was wondering how I could fit on the 58.5 then looked at my numbers in the original post and saw that my typing skills (or proof reading skills need as much work as my swimming.
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for the Quintana Roo PR Tri Bikes [Allan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did wonder how you got that much Pad X on the Trinity

Or 15deg of tilt

You would need to talk to QR about changing from the Sonic bracket to Neosonic, as well as a 1/seven stem instead of the 1/seventeen.
So yes, 54 works best in order to get the stack, if you were tilting you would be better with an 80mm stem.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Ian,

Below are the results of my retul fit. I am interested in the X-PR

Saddle Height: 775 mm
Saddle Setback: 1 mm
Arm Pad Stack BB: 708 mm
Grip Width: 112 mm
Frame Stack: 578 mm
Frame Reach: 450 mm
Arm Pad Reach: 472 mm
Arm Pad Drop: -56 mm
Arm Pad Reach BB: 474 mm
Grip Reach: 771 mm
Grip Drop: 57 mm
Arm Pad to Grip Reach: 298 mm
BB to Grip Reach: 772 mm
Arm Pad Width: 277 mm

Thanks,

Randy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote:
Lehrn2lose,

I want type out my thinking step by step because my process might reveal more information that will lead us to success. I need Pad Y and Pad X to prescribe a bike. The Slowtwitch icon you included doesn't have Pad X/Y on it which leads me to belive that it's really old - we live by Pad X/Y now and it's included in all our modern measuring and recording.

Mathematically.... I can get Pad X by subtracting B and D from C. Let's see what happens...
B is set back and it's 75mm - that's a big number for setback, I find it slightly dubious - but there could be a good explanation: you're on a crazy short saddle (like a BiSaddle) or you're incredibly tall, even taller than an 808 seat height would suggest. There could be a bad exlanation: this is a road bike with a proper road bike/shallow seat tube angle or the fit is created around an unusually (read: out of date) 73ish seat angle or the cranks are very long 175+ and the seat position reflects that or some such thing.
D is the extension length - back of pad to tip of aerobar, it's 405mm

So 75 + 405 = 480. If I subtrack 480 from C (the full cockpit: nose of saddle to tip of aero extension) 851 - I get 371. A Pad X of 371 to the back of pad is too short to be logical. It is a number that is an outlier on THIS GRAPH and no QR bikes (no bikes at all?) go down to 371.

I'm alwasy worried that I've made an error in a process like this so there's a way to double check it. F on the chart is another cockpit measurement (nose of saddle to back of pad) and it's 540mm. If I subtrack the setback of 75mm from 540 I should get Pad X and the same number calculated above: 540-75= 466. Now that's a Pad X nubmer that I can believe in! But I still can't pull a Pad Y off of this that I'd be confident about...I mean I could take seat height of 808 and subtrack pad elevation (E) 120mm and get 688 but there's some noise in that.

I'd like to compare 688/466 to a formula that I use. Please give me some basics: how tall are you, what is your inseam, and do you have any drastic abnormalities? And what bike are these nubmers from, have there been any changes since the fitting that yeilded these numbers, how long are the cranks, and are you happy with the position? Any info in our around that would help guide me.

Eager to help.

Ian

Ian, first thank you for taking the time to respond to my post and please accept my apologies for providing the wrong information but it is still the diagram listed under the ā€œbike fit managerā€ when I view my profile. I donā€™t have access to the bike at the moment and the dimensions were provided to me from my fitter šŸ§.

I donā€™t think I have any drastic abnormalities but it really depends on who you ask šŸ¤”. Iā€™m a little bit over 6ā€™1ā€. I did have a BiSaddle on the previous bike and I think I was happy with the fit until the day of the accident. I had one 70.3 and 140.6 on it. It was a Medium Speedmax with 170mm cranks and I included a photo from Arizona below.

Lehrn2Lose,
The position in your pic looks really good to me. I'd like to presume your Pad Y at ~655 and your Pad X ~500. You could fit on either the 54 or 56 V-PR. I like the 56 better here's the prescription..
For the V-PR with the Vistion Pro aerobars....size 56 with 20mm spacer to get the Pad Y at 653 (25mm spacer to get to 658) - you can go up to 70mm in spacer (so 50 more than what I'm prescribing here, and down to zero). And then for the X..the bridge forward, the bridge hole position row 3 and then arm rest hole row 2 and that'll yeild 501 - there's lots of fore 'n aft to get that perfect.

For the V-PR with the Vision TFA bar...size 56 again with 30mm of spacer to get to Pad Y of 655 and then bridge forward, row 10, row 2 to get the the X of 505.

Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Randy,
I'm so thrilled that you went and had a fit done. Those new numbers (708/474) look great.

The X-PR can be constructed with 2 different stems (QR Aero & Profile Design 1/Seventeen), 2 different base bars (Profile Design aka PD aluminum wing or carbon wing - these don't change the set up or the fit coordinates), and finally 2 differnt aerobars both from PD (Sonic 35a [a for Aluminum] or the Ergo+ 35SLC [c for Carbon).

If you got the X-PR with the QR Aero Stem and Sonic 35a aerobars you'd need the size 58.5 with the 90mm stem, with 20mm of stem stack and 25mm of aerobar pedestal and then the armrest offset woudl be -6.25. That result would be 708/470 - nice!

If you got the X-PR with the PD 1/Seventeen stem (either aerobars) you'd need the size 58.5 with the 110 stem in the -17 degree position with 25mm spacer under the stem and 20mm of aerobar pedestal with armrest off set -6.25. That would result in 710/477 - nice!

Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ianpeace wrote:
Lehrn2Lose,
The position in your pic looks really good to me. I'd like to presume your Pad Y at ~655 and your Pad X ~500. You could fit on either the 54 or 56 V-PR. I like the 56 better here's the prescription..

Ian

Thanks Ian! I should be contacting Bryanna shortly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Ian,

Hoping this thread is still active and you can provide me sizing guidance. My basic measurements are below and I'll also include measurements from my road bike that I did a fitting on in order to get clip-on aerobars. I'm not 100% comfy in the aero position on the road bike so not sure how worthwhile those measurements are, but figured I'd include them. I'm looking at the PR5, PR6, and X-PR as possible options

Height: 175.4cm
Inseam: 82.7cm
Saddle Ht: 765mm (BB to ~middle of saddle)
Saddle Setback: -32mm

Arm Pad Reach: 388mm (measured tip of saddle to back of arm pad)
Arm Pad Drop: -26mm
Arm Pad Reach BB: 356mm (measured BB to back of pad)
Arm Pad Stack BB: 695mm (measured BB to top of pad)
BB to Grip Reach: 661mm (measured BB to front end of aero bar grip)

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey there- long time admirer of this community. 38M, 6'1", 175lbs. I had a Retul fit last week and am interested in buying an X-PR as my first tri bike. I sent my Retul report to QR for advice and the sales guy says I need a 58.5 frame and the Profile Design 1/Seventeen Stem, in "positive position". This is slightly disappointing as the Profile Design Aeria Hydration System apparently only works with the alternate QR Aero Stem, or with the 1/Seventeen in "negative position". He sent me a fit coordinate sheet (below) but I'm struggling to interpret it in plain English -- e.g. how is my body position negatively impacted if I went for the QR Aero Stem anyway?

More importantly, would it even be a well-fitting bike with that 58.5 frame and Profile Design stem in positive position? I really like the look of these QR bikes and their direct-to-consumer model, but if I'm pushing the limits on fit with them, I can't help but wonder if I'm better served looking for a different frame/company altogether?

Finally my Retul fit sized me bigger than I expected, so I'm curious if that reveals anything about my body position & proportions relative to other riders? I hope I didn't mess up the fit with bad posture; I'm new to aero bars in general and my fitter didn't provide much direction on body position. Wish I'd asked for a photo/video of me on the machine. The position felt good at the time but I didn't get to ride for an extended period. For context though, my fitter guided me to look at the 61cm Cervelo P Series (sold at their shop), and when I tried to cross-check with the sizing tool on Cervelo's website, my BB Arm Pad Stack Height of 766 is literally off their chart. That's what set off alarm bells for me, since at 6'1" I'm hardly a giant.

Welcome any other thoughts/feedback related to all this. Thank you for fostering this discussion and providing so much great feedback to help people find the right fit!

Retul measurements:
Arm Pad Stack BB: 766 (BB vertical to top of arm pad)
Arm Pad Reach BB: 430 (BB to back of pad)
Saddle Height: 809 (BB to center of saddle profile)
Saddle Setback: -11 (BB to front tip of saddle grip)
Handlebar Reach: 502 (tip of saddle to bar top)
Handlebar Drop: -73 (center of saddle profile to bar top grip)
Arm Pad Reach: 441 (tip of saddle to back of arm pad)
Arm Pad Drop: -30 (center of saddle to arm pad top)
Grip Reach: 785 (tip of saddle to front end of grip)
Grip Drop: 93 (center of saddle to front end of grip)
Arm Pad to Grip Reach: 344 (back of arm pad to front end of grip)
BB to Grip Reach: 774 (BB to front end of grip)
Grip Width: 110 (grip center to center)
Arm Pad Width: 267 (arm pad center to center)
Frame Stack: 618
Frame Reach: 438 (BB to center of headtube top)
Handlebar Stack: 709
Handlebar Reach: 491 (BB to center of bar)

"Summary of Session" notes from the fitter says 97cm Saddle to Pedal, and 76cm Saddle to Handlebar.

Jon

QR sizing sheet with my measurements circled:
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for the Quintana Roo PR Tri Bikes [bikeberkbike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i am not the guy who'll run this process for you in this thread. but....

1. go back to your retul fitter and:
a. have him move you successively forward in the saddle, pushing your aerobars forward the same amount, and lowering your aerobars gradually.
b. if you like each successively forward and lower position better than the last, keep going until you find yourself too forward and too low.
c. the last place you chose, before you went too far forward, take the pad x and y of that position.

2. you'll then find that your proper QR size is a 54cm or at most a 56cm.

3. i take back point #1 above if you already did this process with your retul fitter. and, i assume you did this process on a fit bike, such as a retul or a purely custom or a guru.

4. just going by the numbers, i really question the fit, and a really question the advice on size you were given by QR. the folks at QR should've reacted with the same sort of response i'm giving you here. it's malpractice to sell a 6'1" fellow a 58.5cm PR series frame. i'm 6'1" and i ride a 54cm, though i'm on the border between that and a 56cm. the reason they recommended 58.5cm is because your pads are so high. but a 58.5cm size will be way too long for you.

my instinct is to tell you to go back and get your money's worth from the retul fitter, unless he or she executed the fit properly and there are facts about you of which i'm unaware.

and finally...

you should not have to ask for a photo. you should've been given a video. go back and get one and post it here.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Last edited by: Slowman: Sep 14, 23 13:40
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for the Quintana Roo PR Tri Bikes [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
i am not the guy who'll run this process for you in this thread. but....

1. go back to your retul fitter and:
a. have him move you successively forward in the saddle, pushing your aerobars forward the same amount, and lowering your aerobars gradually.
b. if you like each successively forward and lower position better than the last, keep going until you find yourself too forward and too low.
c. the last place you chose, before you went too far forward, take the pad x and y of that position.

2. you'll then find that your proper QR size is a 54cm or at most a 56cm.

3. i take back point #1 above if you already did this process with your retul fitter. and, i assume you did this process on a fit bike, such as a retul or a purely custom or a guru.

4. just going by the numbers, i really question the fit, and a really question the advice on size you were given by QR. the folks at QR should've reacted with the same sort of response i'm giving you here. it's malpractice to sell a 6'1" fellow a 58.5cm PR series frame. i'm 6'1" and i ride a 54cm, though i'm on the border between that and a 56cm. the reason they recommended 58.5cm is because your pads are so high. but a 58.5cm size will be way too long for you.

my instinct is to tell you to go back and get your money's worth from the retul fitter, unless he or she executed the fit properly and there are facts about you of which i'm unaware.

and finally...

you should not have to ask for a photo. you should've been given a video. go back and get one and post it here.

Wow I wasn't expecting a reply from the OG himself! Thank you Dan, this is helpful. I went back to my fitter and got some photos. I'm also attaching the full Retul report here with more detail on angles. This morning I asked my fitter about what you recommended in bullet 1, but she said she wouldn't approach it that way for an amateur athlete such as myself. Something about that resulting in an overly aggressive position which wouldn't be comfortable for me over a long ride ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ . It sort of makes sense when she explains it but I honestly don't know what to make of it or how to proceed anymore. She also stressed that it's important to get a bike which has enough room for further adjustments down the road, as my position is likely to change as I ramp up training.

Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for the Quintana Roo PR Tri Bikes [bikeberkbike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What crank arm lengths did the fitter have you try?
Quote Reply

Prev Next