Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IM training after a breakup [Power13] [ In reply to ]

Power13 wrote:
You know what, to some degree, yeah. If someone uses T or EPO to log a MOP finish, how does it impact you? They took away a spot from you? You should have been 92nd instead of 93rd? Are you that shallow about your results?

I'm not defending cheating in the slightest, but the fever in which some people participate in these threads is pretty ugly. WAY out of proportion. And again, her actions pale in comparison to the guy who started this whole thing, IMO.

Again, YMMV.

So if I dope and get busted can I use this statement as my TUE? I mean, I didn't start a ST feeding frenzy, after all.

you got the quotes mixed up on that one there...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Training/Racing Log - http://www.earthdaykid.com/blog --- Old Training/Racing Log - http://colinlaughery.blogspot.com

Re: IM training after a breakup [TravisT] [ In reply to ]

TravisT wrote:
Power13 wrote:
TravisT wrote:
So doping is fine as long as whoever does it is MOP and doesn't take away someones Kona spot. Glad we know how you feel about cheating.

You know what, to some degree, yeah. If someone uses T or EPO to log a MOP finish, how does it impact you? They took away a spot from you? You should have been 92nd instead of 93rd? Are you that shallow about your results?

I'm not defending cheating in the slightest, but the fever in which some people participate in these threads is pretty ugly. WAY out of proportion. And again, her actions pale in comparison to the guy who started this whole thing, IMO.

Again, YMMV.

Just going to quote this.

No need....I stand by the statement. I'm not gonna edit a thing.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams

Bump!

Re: IM training after a breakup [sportstats] [ In reply to ]

My assumption on the initial data was the same as your conclusion with the complete data set... I may have mis-worded my comment. I meant more that I would never have first hand knowledge of the event but the evidence was damning. Your determination is correct based on that evidence in my (meaningless) opinion... the 'malfunction' of the chip required to produce the recorded results is well into JFK magic bullet territory.

I fully support your efforts at rooting out all forms of malfeasance... it undermines the credibility of the sport and it's participants.

Re: IM training after a breakup [TravisT] [ In reply to ]

TravisT wrote:
So doping is fine as long as whoever does it is MOP and doesn't take away someones Kona spot. Glad we know how you feel about cheating.

This.

Power13 wrote:
TravisT wrote:

Again, YMMV.

This is ridiculous. A Kona spot is just one of many goals. You could be MOP but a top 10 AG, and that 1 guy or gal doping or cheating in front of you may have been that person who took that away from you. MOP doping or cheating is no different than FOP doping or cheating.

Re: IM training after a breakup [LSUfan4444] [ In reply to ]

LSUfan4444 wrote:

Quote:
We also look at pictures on course from FinisherPix....in this case there are only finish pictures....look at anyone else and they have pictures on the run course???

Thank goodness my splits show up fine, I don't have any pics on the run either -

=)

It may be that your race # was not clearly visable. Go to "lost and found" you may spot yourself there.
Of course she can do that too but I don't think they'd be there for her.

Find out what it is in life that you don't do well, then don't
do that thing.

bro, I want you to read your sig line, then log off and find a quiet place to ponder. tomorrow, log back on and let us know what you learned.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”

Re: IM training after a breakup [pick6] [ In reply to ]

don't complicate things... even if she were the only person out there doing a self supported IM, cheating matters.

pick6 wrote:
Power13 wrote:
TravisT wrote:

Again, YMMV.

This is ridiculous. A Kona spot is just one of many goals. You could be MOP but a top 10 AG, and that 1 guy or gal doping or cheating in front of you may have been that person who took that away from you. MOP doping or cheating is no different than FOP doping or cheating.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”

pick6 wrote:
Power13 wrote:
TravisT wrote:

Again, YMMV.

But we aren't talking about a top 10 AG result, are we?

But we can agree to disagree. I'm fine with that.

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams

I've read this entire thread from start to finish, and I find it sad on a number of different levels...

Whether it's "bad" for the sport or it deprives a person from truly experiencing finishing a full IM race, I think we can all agree that cheating, in any form, is "bad." I can understand how many of you feel that cutting the course and then claiming to be a finisher would make you personally feel that it impacted you. You raced hard, you trained hard, you finished in X:XX:XX and you're proud that you finished all 140.6 miles. To have someone, anyone, say that they also completed the same task as you, whether they did so in a faster or slower time, when they did not lessens your accomplishment. It does so by inducting another person into this "fraternity" who has not earned their spot. It's not about KQ or that you'd be #705 instead of #706. It's all about someone else claiming to do what you did when they didn't. In the most simple terms: dilution.

As to whether or not doping can be considered better or worse? I'd ask why it matters whether it's better or worse. It's still "bad." Yeah, the doper might have finished regardless. Maybe the MOP doper wouldn't have a faster time than you if they hadn't doped. Or maybe they would have. But, the end result is still the same as the person cutting the course... dilution. A doper finishing sub-10 "cheapens" all the hard work of those that finished sub-10 cleanly.

And for the person that finishes in 17:00:01, I personally hold them in higher esteem than the above two types of "cheaters" because they exhibit qualities those people did not: perseverance, courage, dedication, etc. Go check out that youtube video of the finishing line at IM CdA this year at midnight and tell me that you don't think someone claiming to be a finisher when they're not doesn't make you sick/upset/angry when you see what that lady did. Like I said before, dilution.

All of this and I haven't even come close to finishing an IM yet.

And please note, I honestly have no opinion as to whether or not the OP did or did not cut the course. All the statements above were generalities. I truly hope that the OP completed the full course and wish her the best, whether it's being justly vindicated or finding the strength to admit her shortcomings and learning from the experience.

Re: IM training after a breakup [fartleker] [ In reply to ]

So that begs the question...what's up w/ the Garmin file? Is it faked? Or not hers? Man, this far-reaching. It looks like the idea that it didn't pick up her run splits on the first time around is blown up by the third part of sportstats evidence when she would have had to pass 700 people in the last five minutes. Crazy stuff.

-Stephen in Arkansas

Re: IM training after a breakup [ericM35-39] [ In reply to ]

ericM35-39 wrote:
bro, I want you to read your sig line, then log off and find a quiet place to ponder. tomorrow, log back on and let us know what you learned.

Thanks for the life advice, bro.....but I'm good.

If you think what Jen did is even remotely close to what LA did, or the UCI was complicit in, we can just agree to disagree.

In the meantime, my original point has been completely overlooked.....some asshat (who apparently has stalked Jen across multiple forums) successfully used you all to accomplish whatever little petty goals he had.

Re: IM training after a breakup [razorbacksteve] [ In reply to ]

Where's Tim Andrus? I though he did some analysis of the Garmin file.