Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IM training after a breakup [iJen0311] [ In reply to ]

In addition, I would delete the posts on this thread where you admit to carrying an iPhone.

Congrats on overcoming so much.

I think we all learned a few things today

Most of us need to work more at work
timing chips need to stay on your ankle
ST is a terrible place and should be avoided like the plague. (unless you have thick skin or a cooty shot)

but i'm interested in how the times on the run ended up the way the did still? it's weird.

good luck with the new BF

Tim

Tim

Re: IM training after a breakup [pattersonpaul] [ In reply to ]

agreed!

Though on the IM site she never was.

Tim

Tim

Just so I understand this

Your timing chip says your first loop was 1:08:39 but what you are saying is that you really just swam both loops at 1:08:39.

And the T1 time was total 1:22:59 but in reality it was the 1:08:39 2 loop swim plus the T1 so your T1 was around 14:20.

Biked 8:13:19

T2 11:29

Ran the whole Marathon in 4:08:28 but the timing just logged you in for the first 13 miles.

iJen0311 wrote:
Mike C wrote:
Without sounding too cavalier about the notion of potentially cheating via course-cutting and the attendant, well, calling attention to one's self for several months with this thread...

It's a 14-hour IM finish being dissected and magnified.

Just sayin'.

That is all. Carry on.

Honestly, it's really hurtful.

I started this thread during a difficult time asking for advice.

I updated the thread because there were some posters who kept up with me privately along the way and I wanted to let folks know I had made it.

This was a big accomplishment for me, but having to explain every detail of not only my race but my training, my equipment, my past races, has really taken a lot away from it.

I shared the pertinent information with another poster in the hopes that it would quiet this down. It doesn't appear that it has.

I hope that everyone piling on is enjoying themselves, and I hope you never find yourself feeling like I am right now.

Jen first off congrats. Secondly I cannot imagine how you feel after reading all this....heck I feel gross knowing I log on to this clown car parade known as ST when I see this kind of behavior.

Take a deep breath.....congrats on the finish kiddo!
Last edited by: tigerpaws: Nov 8, 12 12:06

Re: IM training after a breakup [TimAndrus] [ In reply to ]

TimAndrus wrote:

(unless you have thick skin or a cooty shot)

Just not a thick-skinned cooty shot.

Re: IM training after a breakup [tigerpaws] [ In reply to ]

tigerpaws wrote:
Jen first off congrats. Secondly I cannot imagine how you feel after reading all this....heck I feel gross knowing I log on to this clown car parade known as ST when I see this kind of behavior.

Take a deep breath.....congrats on the finish kiddo!

Thank you. I've had a few kind apologies through PM which is appreciated.

And newyorkfan, yes, as of now this is my understanding as well.

Re: IM training after a breakup [Newyorkfan21] [ In reply to ]

Newyorkfan21 wrote:
Just so I understand this

Your timing chip says your first loop was 1:08:39 but what you are saying is that you really just swam both loops at 1:08:39.

And the T1 time was total 1:22:59 but in reality it was the 1:08:39 2 loop swim plus the T1 so your T1 was around 14:20.

Biked 8:13:19

T2 11:29

Ran the whole Marathon in 4:08:28 but the timing just logged you in for the first 13 miles.

well, one could guess it was the 2nd loop of the run that got logged. but Yes, that's the gist of it.

Tim

Tim

:) Body is starting to heal, but the pride still stings with a bike spit that slow!

http://www.researchms.org/trifest/

Re: IM training after a breakup [tjzubick] [ In reply to ]

I worked at the information booth from 6:00 pm until the end of the race. There were a number of questions about the tracking data and about what appeared, on the surface, as wrong information. Three different families, independent of each other and within a period of about 20 minutes, asked about the status of their athlete because the tracking data showed that the athlete had stopped racing after mile 19.1. They came to the information booth to see if their athletes were taken from the course and admitted to the medical tent or to the hospital. We told them that our records showed neither. After an uncomfortable and worrisome hour and a half (or so) for these three families and after we went to the timing staff to see if they were having problems with any mats beyond mile 19.1, the information beyond 19.1 for the athletes in question showed up on the athlete tracking software. I know this is different from the subject of this thread, but is does show that anomalies related to the tracking data can occur.

Really... this crucifixion seems unjustified and rooted in a mean-spirited attitude that someone else's achievements undermine another's. It also seems to support the corollary that finding someone's weaknesses or shortcomings will make another's less offensive or egregious. I think the closet-stalking for skeletons ought to stop. iJen0311 finished the race in a time that I'd be happy with (noticed the "fat" in my ST name). Congratulations, iJen0311!

Re: IM training after a breakup [joroshiba] [ In reply to ]

Note: I am not implying anything with this information. Just some knowledge with dealing with Sportstats. The one thing I like is their willingness to DQ someone first when the data does not look correct then ask questions later.

It may be difficult to prove the data in sportstats is not correct. For the run, if the mats only caught the times on the second loop I would expect the first mat to have a time of loop 1 + the time it got to the first mat. Then it would be the correct time from mat 1 to mat 2 etc. This does not mean that the data from sportstats to Ironman.com for postiing purposes can be screwed up in the amalgamation algorithm of the data to be uploaded.

Glad to see the super-sluething on ST can go both ways and uncover the good unlike the bad it usually seems to. Congrats on your race!