Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IM training after a breakup [Printer86] [ In reply to ]

Looks like the medal is another one similar to IMLP and IMCDA. Good way to cut costs...just get the same basic medal for all races.

Oh...and congrats!! I accused you (the OP) of being a troll long ago. I apologize, and I am so glad I was wrong. Well done.

Re: IM training after a breakup [sinkinswimmer] [ In reply to ]

Nice story and well done. Everything works out alright in the end and if its not alright then its not the end!

Re: IM training after a breakup [iJen0311] [ In reply to ]

While the boys will congratulate you on the finish, on behalf of the women's, I congratulate you on bagging the cute (and apparently thoughtful and supportive) new BF.

Okay, good job on BOTH fronts, sister.

Re: IM training after a breakup [sto] [ In reply to ]

sto wrote:
While the boys will congratulate you on the finish, on behalf of the women's, I congratulate you on bagging the cute (and apparently thoughtful and supportive) new BF.

Okay, good job on BOTH fronts, sister.

Thanks! (and thanks to everyone else!)

He's cuter than the last one, and beyond wonderful.

IM finish and a better bf. Its a win-win!!

Nice job bib 461. Except for the part where you cut both the swim and run courses. The honorable thing to do would have been to just DNF, but you chose to run down the chute and collect that medal anyway. Then you post on here and throw yourself at the mercy of the ST wolves. Pity...

iJen0311 wrote:
Since race day is tomorrow and the advice from this thread was so great...

I did pretty well at getting back into training and then got hit by a car while riding. Banged up pretty good, so that ended up affecting my training way more than the breakup.

Anyway, changed my goal to "just finish" due to still nagging injuries from the wreck but I'm so excited to be here.

And along the notes of the thread, I met someone new, and he had this waiting in my hotel room at check in. (He's also driving 6 hours to bring my forgotten running shoes).

So yes, things do get better ;)

Re: IM training after a breakup [gerechtigheid] [ In reply to ]

gerechtigheid wrote:
Nice job bib 461. Except for the part where you cut both the swim and run courses. The honorable thing to do would have been to just DNF, but you chose to run down the chute and collect that medal anyway. Then you post on here and throw yourself at the mercy of the ST wolves. Pity...

Racer 461 definitely has some very messed up chip data. Whether that is this poster or not, I have no idea. It seems pretty odd for someone to do the race in 14 hours but still run a 9 minute pace. Hopefully when the official results book gets posted, #461 will be adjusted in the results. I don't think that 461 cut the swim course, it shows a T1 of over an hour, so maybe the mat missed 461 coming out of the water.

Ironman Certified Coach

Currently accepting limited number of new athletes
Last edited by: bufit323: Nov 7, 12 17:52

Re: IM training after a breakup [bufit323] [ In reply to ]

I can see the swim, but less than 5 minutes between mile 13 and the finish? She just walked the first lap then went right down the chute. It makes me sad to even bring it up, but it's one of those things that has to be done.

Maybe just an error regarding the run course portion?

bufit323 wrote:
Racer 461 definitely has some very messed up chip data.

Something is very messed up.

bufit323 wrote:
It seems pretty odd for someone to do the race in 14 hours but still run a 9 minute pace.

Yes, an 8:13 bike followed by a 4:08 run is unusual.
Stranger still is not one, but a dozen timing mat errors. Six different mats malfunctioned so as to show a pace of not 9 min per mile, but near 18 min per mile. (Broken mentally, wanting to give up pace. Not strong, steady pace.) Then all 6 malfunctioned so as to record no time at all. Errors happen, but how could that one occur?

I don't want to participate in an infamous slowtwitch witch-hunt, but it would be good to have an explanation.

Re: IM training after a breakup [Newyorkfan21] [ In reply to ]

Newyorkfan21 wrote:

I don't know about that. When you look at the swim, it shows 1:08 for THE FIRST LOOP. So, it looks like it's possible she swam just one loop and got that split, then ran into T1. So, it then shows T1 time + that one loop time = 1:20:xx which would make sense time wise, that is, one loop at 1:08 + T1 time would could equal about 1:20:xx. . . . .. . ugh.

Re: IM training after a breakup [highflyer] [ In reply to ]

highflyer wrote:
Newyorkfan21 wrote:

I don't know about that. When you look at the swim, it shows 1:08 for THE FIRST LOOP. So, it looks like it's possible she swam just one loop and got that split, then ran into T1. So, it then shows T1 time + that one loop time = 1:20:xx which would make sense time wise, that is, one loop at 1:08 + T1 time would could equal about 1:20:xx. . . . .. . ugh.

Something is really screwed up with all these number. It shows that T1 was 1:22 but it also shows that 461 is as 15 miles of the bike at 2:22 (and it took an hour to get there).

I don't really know and I don't want to be a part of the witch hunt. Bottom line, racer 461 has some really screwed up chip data. I will leave the rest to others.

Ironman Certified Coach

Re: IM training after a breakup [sto] [ In reply to ]

This womens is far more impressed with the race than the boyfriend. I'm pretty sure most of the women's would feel that way.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce

aaaaaaannnnd thread just got good

Re: IM training after a breakup [KoNP] [ In reply to ]

Getting some popcorn. I have a friend that knows this girl. He told me about her results. I didn't know it was the OP.

Re: IM training after a breakup [astig] [ In reply to ]

so could you confirm that the OP is bib 461?

yikes, i feel like i'm watching a slow motion plane crash and i can't take my eyes off from it...

i feel like a bad person now.

Tim

Tim

Originally there were some other photos shown. One of them had a bib in it (though it was blurred out some). I am guessing someone figure out the number from there. As soon as someone noted the chip errors, that picture with the bib vanished.

Ironman Certified Coach

Go to finisherpix. The last picture looks close enough to the one with the new bf. Has bib number too. Sent a link to my buddy.
also just confirmed.
Last edited by: astig: Nov 8, 12 7:25

Re: IM training after a breakup [TimAndrus] [ In reply to ]

TimAndrus wrote:
yikes, i feel like i'm watching a slow motion plane crash and i can't take my eyes off from it...

i feel like a bad person now.

Tim

This thread is going to be locked down so fast it will make all of your witch hunting heads spin!

Seriously though, what is it about ST that feels the need to constantly go through this huge public shaming process, especially when everyone who's been here longer then a week knows all it will result in is the pissing off of Slowman and the other moderators, and the thread being deleted. I get trying to keep integrity in the sport, but it's a triathlon for gods sake. If she did cut course, she didn't steal a kona spot from anyone, no one was harmed from her actions, just let it be. Or at least go about privately searching for the truth before calling someone a cheater when you don't know what happened rather then putting someone's integrity on trial in a very public forum. (talking in a collective 'you', not referring to you TimAndrus)

Long Chile was a silly place.

I know what you mean. ST isn't nice once there is blood in the water.

Here's an interesting post by the OP from July 2012...

iJen0311 wrote:
GMAN19030 wrote:

Another piece of advice when starting lap 2: Instead of jumping into the water as soon as you can (that yellow buoy right on the beach in the pic), run down the beach to where the swim initially started and start swimming lap 2 from there. Two reasons: 1) you can cover that distance much faster running than you can swimming and 2) you wont have to fight the current.

I think I'd prefer just swimming one lap ;)

Jed

"If you want to ride by the Force, you had better make sure that you are a real Jedi." - FastYellow (6/13/2011)
Last edited by: trijedi: Nov 8, 12 7:30

This

what an unbelievable turn this thread has taken... Didn't realize people actually swim 1 lap as a strategy in an IM. Why even pay the $650 and just do a 70.3 instead?

astig wrote:
Go to finisherpix. The last picture looks close enough to the one with the new bf. Has bib number too. Sent a link to my buddy.
also just confirmed.

Very few pictures of racer 461 shown on finisher pix, I have nearly twice as many from the course.

Ironman Certified Coach

Re: IM training after a breakup [trijedi] [ In reply to ]

Can't paste them, but go to Ironman Augusta 2011results and pull the name up. 49:39 for the swim at Augusta is the equivalent of a lead concrete block swimming there. And then to improve to a 1:03 in the full? 2:54 half marathon run in Augusta too.

Man, wish I could see those improvements in 12 months!!

Prev Next