Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IM training after a breakup [trainlighter] [ In reply to ]

trainlighter wrote:
I don't really see how this was a successful witch hunt at all.

Not a witch hunt......a Twitch Hunt!!!!!!!

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.

Re: IM training after a breakup [japarker24] [ In reply to ]

This thread... I'm speechless. The time that could've been spent watching "The View," wasted on some chick and a 14 hour Ironman.

Re: IM training after a breakup [japarker24] [ In reply to ]

Duly noted, my bad! :-)

Re: IM training after a breakup [ericM35-39] [ In reply to ]

ericM35-39 wrote:
I'm not implying anything of the sort... only brought that up because it was important enough for you to cut and paste and make your signature. This is about you, not Jen. You think some cheating is OK, and I do not. I am attempting to get you to see my point of view, admittedly with some snark.

Power13 wrote:
ericM35-39 wrote:
bro, I want you to read your sig line, then log off and find a quiet place to ponder. tomorrow, log back on and let us know what you learned.

Thanks for the life advice, bro.....but I'm good.

If you think what Jen did is even remotely close to what LA did, or the UCI was complicit in, we can just agree to disagree.

In the meantime, my original point has been completely overlooked.....some asshat (who apparently has stalked Jen across multiple forums) successfully used you all to accomplish whatever little petty goals he had.

No, I do not think some cheating is "OK". However, I do not think all cheating warrants the same reaction.

I have explicitly said I am not defending Jen or her actions. If she cheated, she deserves whatever happens...from race officials. I think they reaction from the "ST Witch Hunt" crew is completely disproportionate to the offense.....especially since it was schittstorm stirred up by someone with an axe to grind.

Again, YMMV and we can agree to disagree.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams

Re: IM training after a breakup [Power13] [ In reply to ]

Power13 wrote:
ericM35-39 wrote:
I'm not implying anything of the sort... only brought that up because it was important enough for you to cut and paste and make your signature. This is about you, not Jen. You think some cheating is OK, and I do not. I am attempting to get you to see my point of view, admittedly with some snark.

Power13 wrote:
ericM35-39 wrote:
bro, I want you to read your sig line, then log off and find a quiet place to ponder. tomorrow, log back on and let us know what you learned.

If you think what Jen did is even remotely close to what LA did, or the UCI was complicit in, we can just agree to disagree.

In the meantime, my original point has been completely overlooked.....some asshat (who apparently has stalked Jen across multiple forums) successfully used you all to accomplish whatever little petty goals he had.

No, I do not think some cheating is "OK". However, I do not think all cheating warrants the same reaction.

I have explicitly said I am not defending Jen or her actions. If she cheated, she deserves whatever happens...from race officials. I think they reaction from the "ST Witch Hunt" crew is completely disproportionate to the offense.....especially since it was schittstorm stirred up by someone with an axe to grind.

Again, YMMV and we can agree to disagree.

I think you are underestimating how bored some people are at work. Do you REALLY think they care or is it more of something to pass the time and watch some drama unfold?

Hell I should be doing some homework right now but man, accounting work just sucks and this is interesting

Re: IM training after a breakup [Bone Idol] [ In reply to ]

Bone Idol wrote:

It would be interesting to add a "Garmin Time" column to this table that shows the Garmin times in comparison to the mat times.

Re: IM training after a breakup [K_Man] [ In reply to ]

K_Man wrote:
Bone Idol wrote:

It would be interesting to add a "Garmin Time" column to this table that shows the Garmin times in comparison to the mat times.

I so this image on this thread before I went to sleep (currently in another time zone). Expected this thread to be locked by the time I woke up, but then it has 200 more posts by then I woke up.

Putting aside the story of the OP, and the race, what I am glad to see is that the system managed by sportstats worked out and much like in and out of competition dope testing, the fact that course cutters can be outed and DQ'd is a good thing, whether they are front of pack Kona qualifiers, MOP or 16:59 finishers trying to beat the cut off.

Now time to go for a run. I think I just wasted 30 min of my life (or lost 30 min of running) speed reading this thread. I should have just downloaded and read it for 4 hours on my 13 hour flight later today!

K_Man wrote:

I'm always happy to analyze Garmin Connect links or .tcx files - sylvan@sportstats.ca - I have the raw timing data, might as well have the GPS data as well. I use .tcx files on a semi-irregular basis to fix or verify results and I can actually claim participation in this thread as "work"!

Sylvan Smyth | http://www.sportstats.asia | sylvan@sportstats.asia | Starvas

Re: IM training after a breakup [sylvan] [ In reply to ]

You guys at Sportstats are beyond awesome in my book and I mean that sincerely. It is so refreshing to see the diligence with which you guys follow up and inform us during and after your investigations so that honest competitors KNOW they are being protected and the cheaters also know they are taking a huge risk.

Thx to Sportstats for adding so many splits. I didn't even notice them on run but of course I was semi delirious by then. Anyway, nice to know you guys are doing your best to preserve the integrity of the sport.

Primum Non Nocere, except to Kempy!

sylvan wrote:
K_Man wrote:

I'm always happy to analyze Garmin Connect links or .tcx files - sylvan@sportstats.ca - I have the raw timing data, might as well have the GPS data as well. I use .tcx files on a semi-irregular basis to fix or verify results and I can actually claim participation in this thread as "work"!

Jen said in posts #258 and #278 that she sent her Garmin data to Jimmy Riccitello at WTC. Hopefully he can forward this data along to sportstats (assuming it was actually sent to him, of course).
Last edited by: K_Man: Nov 8, 12 17:28

Hard to analyze a screen shot....

Re: IM training after a breakup [Newyorkfan21] [ In reply to ]

That's why I said pink font was implied. How anyone could take my original statement as anything close to serious is beyond me.....

Re: IM training after a breakup [fartleker] [ In reply to ]

fartleker wrote:

Is this supposed to be a screenshot of Jen's Garmin data?

It's the one she posted earlier and took down quickly after.
Last edited by: fartleker: Nov 8, 12 17:20

Re: IM training after a breakup [fartleker] [ In reply to ]

fartleker wrote:
It's the one she posted earlier and took down quickly after.

Interesting. If her posted Garmin data is to be believed, she averaged 10:21/mile pace for 21.13 miles on the run. That means she would have had to run significantly faster for the unaccounted-for 5.07 miles to get down to her recorded 9:29/mile pace average.

Also, I'm not sure why her first split would've been at mile 18...
Last edited by: K_Man: Nov 8, 12 17:30

Re: IM training after a breakup [bluemonkeytri] [ In reply to ]

I first wanted to believe her but after looking at her past results and the actually timing from Ironman I knew she cut the course. What a funny thread this....

All sorts of confusing data on that screenshot...

Power13 wrote:
ericM35-39 wrote:

You know this how? Oh wait the girl who cheated told you you so. You think the person who called out a cheater is way worse than the cheater?

Re: IM training after a breakup [sportstats] [ In reply to ]

sportstats wrote:

I'm a dolt on such things. Is it possible to make a fake screen shot of this "evidence"?

Find out what it is in life that you don't do well, then don't
do that thing.

Re: IM training after a breakup [Newyorkfan21] [ In reply to ]

Newyorkfan21 wrote:
I first wanted to believe her but after looking at her past results and the actually timing from Ironman I knew she cut the course. What a funny thread this....

Same boat as you in terms of wanting to believe her but you don't run consistent 35min 5k's and then run a 4:0x marathon in an ironman.

If you pay $600-1000 a year in advance to participate and then perhaps tell everyone for a year that you are doing an Ironman, some people have a hard time backing out.

Hopefully lesson learned, and she trains properly and enjoys a half ironman or something before attempting this distance again.

AJ

-------------------------------------------------------
IM WC Hawaii 2024

Re: IM training after a breakup [pattersonpaul] [ In reply to ]

pattersonpaul wrote:
sportstats wrote:

I'm a dolt on such things. Is it possible to make a fake screen shot of this "evidence"?

Well, for starters, there is no way to know whether the data represented in the screenshot was even recorded on her Garmin device. It could be somebody else's data.

Not to mention that Garmin data can be edited by anyone with technical know-how...
Last edited by: K_Man: Nov 8, 12 17:41

Re: IM training after a breakup [Mike C] [ In reply to ]

The time logged at the top of the screenshot is "Sat, Nov 3, 2012 5:33 PM Central Time."

Does that time correspond to the time that Jen was on the marathon course?
Last edited by: K_Man: Nov 8, 12 17:44

Re: IM training after a breakup [OldFart] [ In reply to ]

OldFart wrote:
Power13 wrote:
ericM35-39 wrote:

You know this how? Oh wait the girl who cheated told you you so. You think the person who called out a cheater is way worse than the cheater?

OK, fine....I'll amend it. Some asshat creates an account for the sole purpose of calling out a person on an internet forum successfully used you all to accomplish whatever petty goals he had.

Better?

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams

Power13 wrote:
OldFart wrote:
Power13 wrote:
ericM35-39 wrote:

OK, fine....I'll amend it. Some asshat creates an account for the sole purpose of calling out a person on an internet forum successfully used you all to accomplish whatever petty goals he had.

Better?

What I think you fail to realize is that the people who post in this thread are doing it because they want to, not because some mastermind tricked them all into posting here. Despite what you may think this is actually fun/entertaining for some people.

Prev Next