Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IM training after a breakup [sylvan] [ In reply to ]

Did you do the timing at Texas 70.3 this year? There was some definite course cutting that went on there. I wasn't sure who to raise the issue with other then WTC and they could care less.

Re: IM training after a breakup [Power13] [ In reply to ]

Power13 wrote:
iJen0311 wrote:
Power13 wrote:
Here is my question - why the hell would anyone bother to look up Jen's splits? She wasn't bragging about some awesome KQ, or a top AG placing. Really, who gives a schitt enough to look into it?

So it appears as though the first stone thrower is gerechtheid.....a new user who only created his account yesterday and only has 2 posts to his name. Hmmmm....someone with an axe to grind, perhaps?

Wonder if the ST sleuths will bother to dig into that one with as much zeal. Kinda doubt it, though.....easier to be a douchebag, I guess.

And was also banned, after harassing me on other forums and on Facebook.

Interesting.....good enough for me to say again, why does anyone here care about this? If (and I emphasize if) Jen cut the course, she only cheated herself. None of the "outraged" here were affected or impacted by her alleged actions.

I find the actions of gerechtheid to be far more troubling than anything Jen may have done.

YMMV.

I think if she hadn't been talking smack about all the cheaters on the course drafting and/or moaning and groaning the past several weeks about he boyfriend, new boyfriend, whatever then people would have let it go. But talking about other cheaters drafting (who probably got penalties for it) and then cheating herself is just game on in my opinion!
Last edited by: IronLance: Nov 8, 12 14:01

sylvan wrote:
Following up on what Marc and I said:

DQ stands.

Thanks for posting with an official answer. I did send my data off to Jimmy at WTC, but if it's a moot point, then so be it.

We care about this here because cheating is cheating at any level.

By cutting the course, people like Jen degrade what others have done by faking an accomplishment. For all of those "almost finishers" over 17 hours (and I know one awesome guy) that don't get their names in the official results, it's just not fair and not cool!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Training/Racing Log - http://www.earthdaykid.com/blog --- Old Training/Racing Log - http://colinlaughery.blogspot.com

Re: IM training after a breakup [claughery] [ In reply to ]

claughery wrote:

By cutting the course, people like Jen degrade what others have done by faking an accomplishment. For all of those "almost finishers" over 17 hours (and I know one awesome guy) that don't get their names in the official results, it's just not fair and not cool!

+1000

Dr. Phil Skiba has an interesting blog on this.... our collective morality.

In my view it matters. Words matter. You may not know it, but you can dine out for a while on a 30min 5k in some circles... imagine an IM in that context. So, while she cheated nobody but herself, she still cheated. And, unfortunately, as long as people pay special attention to people like us, and as long as their are people like us who crave attention, then people will cheat, even if it is for a 14hr IM finish.

special thanks to the timers... having all those mats caught a cheater and likely prevented a few more. Imagine if a Kona slot went to a cheater?

Power13 wrote:
iJen0311 wrote:
Power13 wrote:
Here is my question - why the hell would anyone bother to look up Jen's splits? She wasn't bragging about some awesome KQ, or a top AG placing. Really, who gives a schitt enough to look into it?

So it appears as though the first stone thrower is gerechtheid.....a new user who only created his account yesterday and only has 2 posts to his name. Hmmmm....someone with an axe to grind, perhaps?

Wonder if the ST sleuths will bother to dig into that one with as much zeal. Kinda doubt it, though.....easier to be a douchebag, I guess.

And was also banned, after harassing me on other forums and on Facebook.

Interesting.....good enough for me to say again, why does anyone here care about this? If (and I emphasize if) Jen cut the course, she only cheated herself. None of the "outraged" here were affected or impacted by her alleged actions.

I find the actions of gerechtheid to be far more troubling than anything Jen may have done.

YMMV.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”

Re: IM training after a breakup [iJen0311] [ In reply to ]

iJen0311 wrote:
sylvan wrote:
Following up on what Marc and I said:

DQ stands.

Thanks for posting with an official answer. I did send my data off to Jimmy at WTC, but if it's a moot point, then so be it.

Are ya gonna tell the truth ? you will feel better.

Re: IM training after a breakup [TravisT] [ In reply to ]

TravisT wrote:
Did you do the timing at Texas 70.3 this year? There was some definite course cutting that went on there. I wasn't sure who to raise the issue with other then WTC and they could care less.

Just email timing@ironman.com with a bib number and/or whatever info you have. It's pretty easy at a race like IMFL or Miami the week before with lots of splits. Memorial Hermann earlier this year had a halfway bike split and 5 run splits just like Miami.

Sylvan Smyth | http://www.sportstats.asia | sylvan@sportstats.asia | Starvas

Re: IM training after a breakup [Newyorkfan21] [ In reply to ]

Newyorkfan21 wrote:
claughery wrote:

+1000

She has a finishers pic, she has a finishers medal and likely finisher gear. Does anyone think that if she did knowingly cheat she wouldn't continue with the lie to everyone else except people on ST?

Her official disqualification means no more or no less than the person who finished in 17:01. In my book, one is a finisher and one isn't, regardless of what WTC says about it. I couldn't care less what is official.
Last edited by: LSUfan4444: Nov 8, 12 14:09

Re: IM training after a breakup [iJen0311] [ In reply to ]

care to restate this?

iJen0311 wrote:
[harassing me on other forums and on Facebook.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”

Re: IM training after a breakup [claughery] [ In reply to ]

claughery wrote:

Oh horse-hooey. How does it degrade it? If YOU finished the race in the time that YOU finished it, then nothing can demean that performance unless YOU want it to.

And if she did cut the course, it had zero impact on the "almost finishers"....there is not a fixed amount of finishers. FInish under 17 hours and "you are an Ironman."

If she cheated, she cheated one person - herself.

Look, I'm not defending her alleged actions....but I sure as hell am calling bullschitt on one douchebag who digitally stalks her, harasses her and then walks away as the wolves descend.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams

Thanks for your attention to this. We put so much emphasis on doping in the sport but if people want to cheat to achieve some goal, cutting the course is far easier then doping and it seems to happen far too often.