1:08 first loop of swim
15:xx T1
8:13 bike
11:xx T2
4:09 first loop of run, walking a brisk 18min/mile

3Aims wrote:
jasondubose wrote:
3Aims wrote:
Incredible race. A 1:08 swim (top 10 AG), then a 8:13 bike (Last in AG), then a 4:09 run (Top 5 AG). I've never seen such a thing. Good for you.

how are we still on the swim thing? you did see the T1 time, right? that's happened to me more than a few times.

I'm suspecting something was up with BOTH the run and bike times. that could explain why she appears to have ran back-to-back half marathon PR's by a few minutes per mile (if athlinks records are an indication), but has a pretty slow bike. If some timing mark was mistaken, it could explain why there was a slow bike and really fast run

Sorry, just skimmed through the pages. She said she swam a 1:08:xx a few pages back. The whole Augsta exchange and her talking about her improved swim. I'd be thrilled with that swim and run. I ran the math like this:

1:08 swim (top 10 AG)
8:13 bike (Last in AG)
4:09 run (Top 5 AG)

T1: 15:xx
T2: 11:xx

Maybe I missed some important details. I did not read every post. My bad if so. Just pointing out some positives about the race. Congrats!

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”

Re: IM training after a breakup [Newyorkfan21] [ In reply to ]

FYI we have sent all the info about about any athletes not completing the course to USAT like we do at any events.
Remember we are adding a LOT more timing mats on courses this year, we had 11 timing stations on the run alone.
The athlete in question had a pace on Lap 1 of about 19 minutes per mile, 4:03 @ 1/2 way on the run.
These new chip were are using are actually quite powerful and will detect up to 5 feet of the ground so even if you move them around it will still catch you.

The main factor is the Run, we have a system every 2 miles and that person is running 35 to 38 minutes for 2 miles so 19 min Miles on lap 1
Enough Said....USAT will take over at this time, Jimmy Riccitello has been back and forth all week with 5+ cases at IM Florida.

Message to anyone racing Ironman Arizona: Don't cut the course you will be caught....

Re: IM training after a breakup [RobAllen] [ In reply to ]

We won't let somebody stay DQ'd if the performance is legit and we won't let an illegit performance stand. We work very closely with the Ironman refs before, during and after the events to make sure the results are complete and correct. Obviously they get the final call and they have access to any of our data whenever they need it.

I won't comment on the full case here, but I'll clarify the swim and T1 times. We had two sets of wires (2 for redundancy/backup) strung all the way across the exit of the swim to catch both the lap and finish. The first pass goes into the lap, the second into the swim. For whatever reason #461 had only one pass recorded, therefore it went into the lap and there was no final time for the swim. The IM tracker calculates all intermediate splits by subtracting the time of the previous split. In the case of T1 for 461 there was no previous split so it gave total running time for T1 - 1:22:59.

461 has a swim time recorded at 8:08:39 (7:00:00 start) and a T1 time recorded at 8:22:59. So T1 was 14:20. After that the bike splits at 15/33/55/72 & 95 miles were recorded normally. I could assume that 8:08:39 was the second pass of the swim and just move it from the lap to the swim, but I'm not going to make an assumption like that during or after the race until I can figure out what really happened - obviously some people do cut loop courses, either intentionally or not. I announced at the athletes' meeting on Thursday night that we had 1 swim split, 5 bike splits and 11 run splits, so don't even think about a short-cut. That's going to apply doubly at IMAZ - we'll have even more splits with the 3-lap bike and run courses. There's no way a short performance is going to stand. Even if intermittent chip reads are claimed, the order in which they occur at the various locations and the corresponding times will show what really happened. If it's legit, it'll stand and if a DQ was applied it'll be removed. If not...

Sylvan Smyth | http://www.sportstats.asia | sylvan@sportstats.asia | Starvas

Re: IM training after a breakup [ In reply to ]

Wow, there are a LOT of d-bags on this forum. I wonder how many of you lost out on a KQ because of this young lady's timing issues. Jen, congratulations on a great race!

Re: IM training after a breakup [3Aims] [ In reply to ]

ok i just re-read my post and it completely sounded dickish... i didn't mean that at all. seriously, my apologies.

-Jason

Re: IM training after a breakup [sportstats] [ In reply to ]

Am I reading this right to see you saying that the chip was working correctly and the paces shown for the first 13 miles of 19:xx'ish pace is what actually happened?

Post deleted by pattersonpaul [ In reply to ]
Re: IM training after a breakup [sportstats] [ In reply to ]

sportstats wrote:
Enough Said....USAT will take over at this time, Jimmy Riccitello has been back and forth all week with 5+ cases at IM Florida.

Yes, this is who I've sent my Garmin data to.

Re: IM training after a breakup [pattersonpaul] [ In reply to ]

pattersonpaul wrote:
sportstats wrote:
FYI we have sent all the info about about any athletes not completing the course to USAT like we do at any events.
Remember we are adding a LOT more timing mats on courses this year, we had 11 timing stations on the run alone.
The athlete in question had a pace on Lap 1 of about 19 minutes per mile, 4:03 @ 1/2 way on the run.
These new chip were are using are actually quite powerful and will detect up to 5 feet of the ground so even if you move them around it will still catch you.

The main factor is the Run, we have a system every 2 miles and that person is running 35 to 38 minutes for 2 miles so 19 min Miles on lap 1

Message to anyone racing Ironman Arizona: Don't cut the course you will be caught....

time to load up the popcorn bowl.......

or, we could just leave it alone and let sportstats, USAT, IM corporate etc etc take care of things............

Re: IM training after a breakup [TravisT] [ In reply to ]

That's basically what it said.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Training/Racing Log - http://www.earthdaykid.com/blog --- Old Training/Racing Log - http://colinlaughery.blogspot.com

Re: IM training after a breakup [foots] [ In reply to ]

Here is my question - why the hell would anyone bother to look up Jen's splits? She wasn't bragging about some awesome KQ, or a top AG placing. Really, who gives a schitt enough to look into it?

So it appears as though the first stone thrower is gerechtheid.....a new user who only created his account yesterday and only has 2 posts to his name. Hmmmm....someone with an axe to grind, perhaps?

Wonder if the ST sleuths will bother to dig into that one with as much zeal. Kinda doubt it, though.....easier to be a douchebag, I guess.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams

Re: IM training after a breakup [ironmayb] [ In reply to ]

ironmayb wrote:
pattersonpaul wrote:
sportstats wrote:

or, we could just leave it alone and let sportstats, USAT, IM corporate etc etc take care of things............

But then that's not very much fun!

Re: IM training after a breakup [Power13] [ In reply to ]

Power13 wrote:
Here is my question - why the hell would anyone bother to look up Jen's splits? She wasn't bragging about some awesome KQ, or a top AG placing. Really, who gives a schitt enough to look into it?

So it appears as though the first stone thrower is gerechtheid.....a new user who only created his account yesterday and only has 2 posts to his name. Hmmmm....someone with an axe to grind, perhaps?

Wonder if the ST sleuths will bother to dig into that one with as much zeal. Kinda doubt it, though.....easier to be a douchebag, I guess.

And was also banned, after harassing me on other forums and on Facebook.

Re: IM training after a breakup [iJen0311] [ In reply to ]

I can't believe I'm posting here... anecdotal evidence:

You are the only female with a total time around 14 hours to even come close to 4 hour marathon. I mean no one is even close to you. It is very difficult for a 14 hour athlete to run a 4 hour marathon.

If you did - congrats!

http://jesse.centuries.com

Re: IM training after a breakup [sylvan] [ In reply to ]

Following up on what Marc and I said:

T2 @ 9:47:47 (total running time)
2-mile @ 10:24:49
4-mile @ 11:04:18
6.5-mile turn @ 11:48:58
4-mile on return leg @ 12:36:18
2-mile on return leg @ 13:14:54
13-mile near turn @ 13:51:20
Finish @ 13:56:15

A 4:08:28 run with all splits for a single lap in correct chronological order, only one pass of the far turn at 2:01:11 and only one pass of the near turn at 4:03:33.

DQ stands.

Even more splits at Tempe :-)

Re: IM training after a breakup [ericM35-39] [ In reply to ]

ericM35-39 wrote:
Nate Silver says I'm still 60/40 to think it's:

1:08 first loop of swim
15:xx T1
8:13 bike
11:xx T2
4:09 first loop of run, walking a brisk 18min/mile
Nate (and you): right again!

Re: IM training after a breakup [Power13] [ In reply to ]

Of note: "gerechtheid" is the Dutch word for "justice". Is this the birth of a new ST results vigilante?

Go ride your bike people... seriously. I look at the results and see a cratered bike and a one loop walk of the run, but I have no way of knowing this and I certainly won't lose any sleep over it either way.

Re: IM training after a breakup [IronLance] [ In reply to ]

IronLance wrote:
ironmayb wrote:
pattersonpaul wrote:
sportstats wrote:

But then that's not very much fun!

I opened this thread for the first time 20 minutes ago. Admittedly, I haven't been through the whole thing. I haven't seen much "fun" in it regardless of the outcome. I do know that sometimes even when you are "right" you aren't "right". And I know from first hand experience in this forum that sometimes it is easy to get caught up in the "righting" of situations and "outing" of people that, later, I have wished I hadn't participated in (even after being proven "right").
Last edited by: ironmayb: Nov 8, 12 13:55

sylvan wrote:
Following up on what Marc and I said:

T2 @ 9:47:47 (total running time)
2-mile @ 10:24:49
4-mile @ 11:04:18
6.5-mile turn @ 11:48:58
4-mile on return leg @ 12:36:18
2-mile on return leg @ 13:14:54
13-mile near turn @ 13:51:20
Finish @ 13:56:15

A 4:08:28 run with all splits for a single lap in correct chronological order, only one pass of the far turn at 2:01:11 and only one pass of the near turn at 4:03:33.

DQ stands.

Im Late, is that her race # ? if it is, ouch. shame on you..

Re: IM training after a breakup [TravisT] [ In reply to ]

TravisT wrote:
Am I reading this right to see you saying that the chip was working correctly and the paces shown for the first 13 miles of 19:xx'ish pace is what actually happened?

Yes.

If anybody notices anything sketchy with an Ironman or Ironman 70.3 result, please just send an email to timing@ironman.com and it will be assessed and dealt with as needed.

Glad to hear the DQ stands and I am glad there are more and more splits on Ironman races to catch this sort of thing....

I know this isn't going to be popular but it is obvious that the OP cut the course either swim and run or just run. But def run

sylvan wrote:

DQ stands.

By her own admission, at least she got a good stuffing after the race.

Post deleted by jasondubose [ In reply to ]

So the verdict here was that - she cut the course and the race is now a DQ. She didn't actually finish the race after all.

Is this the outcome?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Training/Racing Log - http://www.earthdaykid.com/blog --- Old Training/Racing Log - http://colinlaughery.blogspot.com

Re: IM training after a breakup [iJen0311] [ In reply to ]

iJen0311 wrote:
Power13 wrote:

And was also banned, after harassing me on other forums and on Facebook.

Interesting.....good enough for me to say again, why does anyone here care about this? If (and I emphasize if) Jen cut the course, she only cheated herself. None of the "outraged" here were affected or impacted by her alleged actions.

I find the actions of gerechtheid to be far more troubling than anything Jen may have done.

YMMV.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams

Prev Next