Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IM training after a breakup [NickG] [ In reply to ]

NickG wrote:
T-wrecks wrote:
NickG wrote:
I think this thread is over. I saw the file from her IMFL run and it's legit. She did what she said she did and it is now being figured out with the timing chip people as to where the mess up was ON THEIR END. Congrats to Jen on her finish!

So is NickG a co-conspirator or an unknowing accomplice who looked at a counterfeit file?

Are you trying to call me and my integrity out? I asked to see a file, I saw it, it matched up. Anything more than that is outside of my control.

Only asking how you arrived at the conclusion that the Garmin file supported the original story. So it appears the situation is the latter of the two I previously posed. See, no integrity questioning going on here, so relax. Christ.

Re: IM training after a breakup [TravisT] [ In reply to ]

The biggest thing I have learned from joining ST...Never, ever, ever ever ever ever (think Chris Tucker in Friday) cut the course or bandit a race. Mostly due to the fear of being publicly shamed.

Although it might make me more productive at work since I wouldn't be reading ST ever again if I were publicly shamed.

Re: IM training after a breakup [ In reply to ]

Why is the speculation still going on?

There is no timing mat failure mode that could account for those times. Period.

Missed mats, yes. Slow pace over first 13.1 adding up to the entire run split, and then light speed over second 13.1? No. Not if timing mats missed the first loop but got the second. Not if data fields were remapped between chip operator and IM officials and then their web site (due to missing data in some fields), not in any way. Not possible.

She cheated. Or officials tampered with her numbers. Hmmm? Let me think about that.

The most tragic thing of all, and the reason why I spoke out, is that she showed up here and bragged about her IM finish. I don't care if you are cheating unless you "finish" ahead of me. Then I'll complain to the RD. But bragging on here in the way you did is just... ugh. No words.

Re: IM training after a breakup [iJen0311] [ In reply to ]

iJen0311 wrote:
juststop wrote:
Hmm, doesn't seem to be the OP's first time that she started horribly slow in a running event, somehow missed a bunch of timing mats and finished with an incredible time.
She doesn't show up in the official results of this race either.
http://runningjacksonville.com/...x%3D0%26Submit.y%3D0

I signed up for the full marathon but instead ran the half with a friend.

You and your friend "ran" the half in 3+?

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.

Re: IM training after a breakup [japarker24] [ In reply to ]

You and your friend "ran" the half in 3+?

And didn't bother to have race officials correct the final results...

Painful thread to see. Painful.

Re: IM training after a breakup [Power13] [ In reply to ]

Anyone else guessing this "Ass Hat" gerechtigheid, is the guy who prompted this thread in the first place?

Re: IM training after a breakup [japarker24] [ In reply to ]

I think that you should add that the first 5 miles was in 1:06, but apparently the last 8 took 2 hours.

5M
01:06:34

10M
00:00:00

Half

15M

20M

Chip
03:01:40

Final
03:06:32

Pace
00:06:57

Re: IM training after a breakup [zoom] [ In reply to ]

Damn malfunctioning chip again.

Re: IM training after a breakup [iJen0311] [ In reply to ]

Just fess up and admit it.....it's getting kinda embarrassing now

Re: IM training after a breakup [Newyorkfan21] [ In reply to ]

Guarantee within 3 pages everyone would be praising her for coming clean and defending her. Just like that thread with the Kona kid.

Newyorkfan21 wrote:

Another successful "Twitch-hunt"!!!!!!!

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.

Newyorkfan21 wrote:

This...

Re: IM training after a breakup [T-wrecks] [ In reply to ]

Random question. The OP mentioned something about not having a Garmin watch on but instead using a Garmin 500 on the run in her pocket. Does the 500 even provide run paces like are on the screen shot of the Connect file? Wouldn't splits be in mph?

Not if you change the activity from "Cycling" to "Running"

-------------------------------------
Steve Perkins

Re: IM training after a breakup [casman] [ In reply to ]

maybe he broke up with her due to her cheating ways?

boom! Nailed it.

casman wrote:
Anyone else guessing this "Ass Hat" gerechtigheid, is the guy who prompted this thread in the first place?

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”

Would you rather have her not admit or admit? I don't think people would defend her and they shouldn't, but it is hard to admit when you have done something wrong, especially after you have been denying it for so long. For her personally I think it would be a good chance for her to learn from this, for me personally I hope she takes something away from all of this. Either way I won't lose sleep over it, but I will have more resolve to never cheat.

Re: IM training after a breakup [steveperx] [ In reply to ]

Cool. Don't use the 500 so wasn't sure if you could switch modes on it.