Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Premier Tactical [dkennison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dkennison wrote:
After our discussion, I decided to make the modification and just send everyone the current rear storage until the new ones come in. Thugbuster is right; the current version will work until the new ones come in. That is better solution than no rear storage.

Kudos to you, top shelf service.

Waited 2 years for Felt to get theirs done, and then had to pay, along with the calpac.
Quote Reply
Re: Premier Tactical [Pwraddr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just had a chance to listen to Nate Riggs kick-off of the Triathlon BizCast. Fun to tune in and hear Dan's thoughts for Episode 1. Sounds like some very exciting times ahead in the development of Premier.

Triathlon Bizcast - Episode 1 (Dan Kennison - Premier Bike)
Quote Reply
Re: Premier Tactical [JTolandTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone doing a build or re-running their cables have any tips for fishing their wires through the basebar into the stem? I'm working with eTap cables and I think they are a little bulkier than di2 due to the plug end that connects into the blip box...
Quote Reply
Re: Premier Tactical [aavlee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just performed some rewiring trying out different positions. I found it quite a bit easier when you unscrew the four bolts that attach the basebar to the stem and you angle the basebar a little bit (to the right or left depending on the side you're trying to get the cable through). I assume you're using something like the Park Tools IR?
Quote Reply
Re: Premier Tactical [aavlee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The shop I went to used Park Tools IR when he made some adjustments and it seemed pretty simple. Just be sure to have a plan of attack for the little pieces inside the extensions that the bolts go into. They can be tricky.
Quote Reply
Re: Premier Tactical [thugbuster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hhetland wrote:
I just performed some rewiring trying out different positions. I found it quite a bit easier when you unscrew the four bolts that attach the basebar to the stem and you angle the basebar a little bit (to the right or left depending on the side you're trying to get the cable through). I assume you're using something like the Park Tools IR?

thugbuster wrote:
The shop I went to used Park Tools IR when he made some adjustments and it seemed pretty simple. Just be sure to have a plan of attack for the little pieces inside the extensions that the bolts go into. They can be tricky.

Thanks, sounds like the Park IR tool is the way to go... I don't own one but maybe I can find a friend that has one to borrow. Sounds like a good tool but since you don't have to run any eTap wires through the frame (just extensions/basebar) not sure if I would get a ton of use out of it.

Good point about the extension bolts, I'll plan to dial in the length before running the wires through to avoid having to redo those a bunch.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For the extension bar pad and cockpit length adjustment - The top receiver is 5 mm and the bottom is 6 mm. If you notice - there are threads in one end so you can use a threaded rod to insert, hold in place while inserting the screws from the top/bottom.

The new Shimano extension shifters detach at the switches now so no more trouble adjusting (no need to re- run wires through base bar) making adjustment super easy.

Dan Kennison

facebook: @triPremierBike
http://www.PremierBike.com
http://www.PositionOneSports.com
Last edited by: dkennison: Mar 8, 18 11:52
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow, the bike looks alot nicer on that photo than the ones they have on their home page, if you ask me!

Can i ask how much the back the seat post storage box can hold?
Quote Reply
Re: Premier Tactical [lassekk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! Saw some pics of another Tactical with this combo of Bento and BTA bottle and thought the same thing.

It’s tight, but I have a tube, 2 CO2’s (and the valve) and a tire lever. Probably could add something else if you packed it differently, but it’s meant to hold the essentials.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i should have gotten a red one!

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sharp looking setup!

Just wanted to toss up a few photos of my Alden Design BTA setup for those figuring out their hydration and nutrition storage solution on the Tactical. I race primarily at the Olympic distance and thus only need 1 bottle + bike computer up front. I direct mounted the Alden Designs BTA bridge using an extra set of extension bolt backing plates from Dan w/ 4x M6x20 stainless allen bolts. Setup is super clean without any play whatsoever. The setup places my Garmin right between the forearms behind my thumbs with the bottle immediately behind and tucked between back of arm and pads.

Happy to answer any questions on the setup.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
well done

thugbuster wrote:

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is it hard to pull a bottle out when it’s facing you? Why did you pick this setup over the torpedo bottles? I used to have a similar setup but my bottle faced the other way

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Premier Tactical [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've run prior BTA's forwards and backward. No preference really. For this setup having the bottle "backwards" mates more cleanly with the computer up front and keeps liquid/sticky stuff away from the Garmin screen. I've always just used a standard bottle for simplicity sake. No concerns over drag from straw and no worries about leaks or having the correct bottle.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ve often wondered if straws laid flat cause any drag

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Premier Tactical [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Probably not, but that then requires some sort of "fish tail" to hold it down. I don't think you would have any problems running a straw setup using the Alden mount though, probably comes down to personal preference in the end.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thugbuster wrote:

Does that top spacer being on the wrong side visually not bother you?
Quote Reply
Re: Premier Tactical [KingMidas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m putting mine together right now. It seems that all the spacer spots for the wire should be on the right side of the bike when properly placed. How did you put the bottom ones facing the left side? Asking because I want the slits to be out of sight on the inside.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The spacers I got did not all face the “right” way. If it mattered to me I guess I could have asked Dan to send me additional spacers that faced that way. I plan to wrap the stack in electrical tape so when I pack for travel they don’t come apart. So it doesn’t matter for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dan,

Are you still recommending the FC35 as the fastest hydration?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Only if you can get the old version with the velcro extension attachment. The FC-35 with new hard plastic clamps don't fit properly. Next best is the X-Lab or Alden adjustable BTA.

A side note on the spacers: The slit in the side make removal, installation and adjustments a 30 second operation. There is plenty of excess wire to go from 0-60 mm of spacers on each side. The best way to ensure that the wire is not fouled during installation of the two bolts is to leave the excess wire outside the spacers through the slit - then tuck it inside when you are done. If you have all the spacer slits on one side the wire may sneak out. You can use tape or alternate slit sides so the wire will not randomly come out.

Dan Kennison

facebook: @triPremierBike
http://www.PremierBike.com
http://www.PositionOneSports.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You could always use the "Paulo" mounting method! ;-) That actually worked pretty good.

I've confirmed a few times now that the FC35, when installed in the "low" mount position reduces the drag of the Tactical.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is this the one with the Velcro you’re talking about? I am not familiar with these products but I do see a Velcro on the side.

https://www.amazon.com/...System/dp/B00WAKTRIY
Quote Reply

Prev Next