Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: I just shit my pants mid run [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am dying over here. This thread was worth the price of admission.
Quote Reply
Re: I just shit my pants mid run [IronSnowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IronSnowman wrote:
I'm sorry man, but that was the funniest damn thing I have read in a very long time. Extra points for so eloquently wording that story.

x2 OMG that was funny! I could see my house one time but had to hide behind a tree half the size of me wearing a bright dayglo yellow jacket. It was beside the door of the primary school but fortunately was at 6 am. Covered it up with snow. Unfortunately there was a bus stop 100 ft away with occupants being thoroughly entertained.
Quote Reply
Re: I just shit my pants mid run [GWcanrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Indeed, this thread is gold.

Thankfully, I've never had to take a crap outside. I have, however, done the butt-clinching waddle for about a half-mile to make it home in order to NOT crap my pants.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
It was the most beautiful toilet I have ever seen in my life.

This is pure gold!

This thread is destined for greatness.

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: I just shit my pants mid run [afrizzledfry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, no shit involve here but two races ago, I came to flying dismount and caught my new trisuit short on my rear bottle holder and ripped my shorts all the way up close to my man parts. Racked the bike and looked down and things were barely covered. Trying to think of what to do, then saw my bib race belt on the ground, grabbed it and made sure the bib number was covering the frontal area and ran the 10 miles. Luckily nothing came loose and finished and won enough prize money to get a new suit.

SmartBikeTrainers.com || YouTube || My Twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just don't be this girl....

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I tend to have the most trouble while running in European cities:

1) Paris: At Place de l'Alma. I found out later that I shat almost directly over where Princess Diana died in a car crash.
Strava link not available (sorry!)

2) Paris (two years later): On a tree in the Jardin des Tuileries after clenching it in while looking for a public toilet, Starbucks, or McDonalds at 7 a.m. on Palm Sunday.
http://labs.strava.com/...ity_header#185529146 (you can see my toilet search begin at about 1:00:00, and pausing for relief at 1:15:00)

3) Venice: In a canal.
http://labs.strava.com/...ity_header#185529141 (at about 26:00)

4) London: St. James Park (behind a bush):
http://labs.strava.com/...ity_header#279936912 (at about the 12:00 mark)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Only poo'd the pants once. Was at a soccer camp the summer going into my freshman year in highschool. Felt it come on, went to jog across the field to get to the bathroom. It was too late, just stood there on the sideline letting it flow. Then ran into the woods, cleaned myself up the best I could and went back to the camp.

I have had and continue to have super close calls. My parents live in the country so when I wasn't able to hold it, into the woods I went. Happened a few times. Now I live in the city. I have had 3-4 close calls that I've either found a bathroom or was able to walk a mile or two to get home. One time I was definitely searching down the alleys for a flower pot or trashcan but the pain subsided. I'm so used to it now that I USUALLY am able to slow down soon enough to manage the need to poo.

Anyone have good tips for fixing this issue? I have tried changing my diet. I'm starting to run a .5-1 mile warm up to get the stomach turning. Hoping that it'll do the trick.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
afrizzledfry wrote:
Tell me an embarrassing training/racing story so I feel like less of a freak. Oh, and have a great day!

I haven't done it, but I HAVE run shirtless and sweating into a museum, right past the security guard, into the bathroom, to KEEP from doing it. He wasn't amused... but I think he understood, lol

“Life is like a 10-speed bicycle. Most of us have gears we never use.” Charles Schultz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
afrizzledfry wrote:
Tell me an embarrassing training/racing story so I feel like less of a freak. Oh, and have a great day!

And that is why I run on trails, plenty of cover, just be careful what you wipe with ;)

Rodney
TrainingPeaks | Altra Running | RAD Roller
http://www.goinglong.ca
Quote Reply
Re: I just shit my pants mid run [ChrisT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Code brown.. It happens. Been there a few more times than I would care to admit, actually that's a lie I admit to them all. It's a humbling, grounding reality check for all the self absorbed type A's out there that frequent the sport.

Sometimes, usually between mile 10 and 15 shit happens. You're a runner now.

I learned a long time ago that the only pertinent information you offer is found within the last sentence.
Quote Reply
Re: I just shit my pants mid run [mopshiv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh I get it. In fact I have left an otherwise perfectly good beanie in the woods myself. I just feel real bad for someone who came along with cold ears and decided to try it on.
Quote Reply
Re: I just shit my pants mid run [darkhorsetri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
/clap
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This should be Thread Of The Year because it is hilarious!

Quote | Reply
Had an extremely close call resulting in the loss of my favorite beanie running hat. Probably ruined a few disc jockeys day also. Was out running in the country right after the fields were harvested. Had the trickle of sweat running down my temple signifying the start of something bad. I was 2 miles from home and there was no cover. Two weeks earlier I would have had plenty or corn fields to hide in. As I got closer to home the meat sweats started kicking in and I knew I was in trouble. Headed for the only cover out there- what I thought was an old radio station in the middle of nowhere. Ran to the back of the building and saw a couple of plastic chairs. Grabbed the back of one for balance and let rip. Never felt such relief. As I'm finishing up the push I'm noticing all the cigarette butts scattered near the chairs. Dawned on me the radio station wasn't abandoned and I was currently befouling the smoking area of the d.j.'s at a sad little polish radio station. Not sure if I regretted losing my beanie more or leaving such a horrible package for those folks.
Quote Reply
Re: I just shit my pants mid run [prattzc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
prattzc wrote:
Dude, I have too many stories of this and they are way to graphic for the internet. Only available in person, usually when coupled with a beer or 3.

My stories usually start with:
1) So this one time before a hard brick, my buddy and I go to Ikea and eat Swedish meatballs with gravy...
2) So before my long run I realize I haven't eaten yet and decide to eat a couple of slices of pizza that were left out overnight...
3) So half way thru my run I decide to drink a muscle milk....
4) I can't believe I was only 10 feet from my bathroom door....
5) For some reason I decided not to wear socks or bring wipey's with me...
6) While being a vegan for 2 years, I once ate a large amount of fruit salad with a lot of pineapple before a long run...

"That prune smoothie seemed like a good idea at the time."
Quote Reply
Re: I just shit my pants mid run [darkhorsetri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This thread and your Kona story reminded me of one my favorite Kona crapping related posts on ST:

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...post=5297493#5297493

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have come only twice sock less. I have an iron gut but 6 miles from home on a bike/run trail with no bathrooms I was basically about to bust a seal so I jumped in the woods, thankfully it's jungle like here in summer.
I was watching people walk by while shitting, can't say I've done that anywhere else.

I don't remember where this quote was from but it fits this thread perfectly.
" never shake the hand of a runner with 1 sock"
Last edited by: Rover24: Jun 11, 15 17:27
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had that a few times when I've had to duck behind some bushes, but the most embarrassing was when x-country skiing. Its winter and there are no leaves on the trees so its harder to hide. So, I'm all alone with my dog in the backwoods, or so I think. I go just off the trail and tuck behind a tree but am visible from the trail. Right in the middle of it two young good looking gals go by on their skis and look in my direction. When finished I just headed back in the direction I had come rather than take the risk of catching up to them. :-(
Quote Reply
Re: I just shit my pants mid run [Rover24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Been there and done that many times. I now carry t-tissue on long runs or I run with porta potties nearby. One one evening run (seems to happen more at that time of the day) I encountered a co-worker (someone important that is) and I had to go so bad. I just took off from a brief conversation with this person and ran behind bushes. Thankfully it was dark....
Check your diet and eat light before long runs. Drink a warm beverage before long runs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dude, I laughed so hard I cried. I can't wait to tell my wife.

BryanD wrote:
I remember the day this happened to me. I will never forget it.

I had eaten Mexican food before my run. I was only planning on doing 6 miles. The lake near my house has a nice paved 3 mile run loop through the woods. The first mile I felt fine. The second mile, I could feel some gas building up. The trail is saturated with people. By people, I mean lots of women and a few men. A 10:1 ratio almost. A lot of these girls went to the same university I did. Here I am at mile 2 and the bathroom is located at mile 3. My stomach is furious. It was unhappy that I had given it such delicious Mexican food and then I bounced it around for 2 miles.

I felt such an intense pressure in my bowels. I tried to fart it out. It was such a huge pressure relief. Trying to fart while running around a bunch of girls and moms is not an easy process. Stealth farts only work for a bit.

The pressure is now gone. I'm jogging again and suddenly my stomach just punches me hard and goes, yep, it's time for you to take one massive shit. I was terrified. I'm at mile 2 with 1 mile to go. There's people everywhere.

My first thought is jump in the lake and just let it out. But then, that would look weird. People would be wondering why this random guy is in the lake. I tried to walk. Have you ever tried to walk while holding back a massive flood of shit? I looked awful walking and the looks people gave me let me know they knew. They could see the terror in my eyes.

I was looking for my girlfriend. I was hoping she wouldn't find me in such a bad situation. I tried farting to relieve some pressure and felt some slippage. Fear turned to panic. I knew I wouldn't make it.

I stopped walking and stood looking at the lake. My stomach was making horrible noises and I was in pain. People were passing me oblivious to the shit storm that was coming.

Then, I saw the tree. THE TREE. The one tree that would save me. I walked fast up to this glorious, wonderful tree and it looked big enough to shield me from the runners. I had a quick decision to make. Do I unload on this poor tree or keep walking and hope for the best? I timed it just right. There weren't any runners around me that would hear the coming battle between me and my stomach.

As the pain hit me again, I dropped my running shorts and destroyed that tree. I heard people coming and thought "Why me, why today, of all places"? I was terrified someone would see and recognize me in such a vulnerable state. I unleashed everything I had on that poor tree as fast as possible. Then, I looked up and saw the people in the house in front of the tree.

I couldn't tell if they were looking at me or if they even saw me. I mean, it's pretty hard to miss a guy in a white running shirt with black shorts just shitting on your tree in your yard. I felt amazing. I pulled my shorts up, covered up the giant pile of poo with leaves and sticks and jumped back on the trail which was literally 3 feet away.

All is good I thought. I figured I had ruined my running shorts and that people could smell the horrible leftovers that may have skidmarked my shorts. My strategy was to run as far to the left and right as possible of any person I came around on the trail. I would give them at least 2 feet in hopes that wouldn't smell me. I'm sure I looked ridiculous as I ran off and on the trail trying desperately to find my girlfriend and get to my car.

I'm now about 0.25 miles away from the poor tree that was left to suffer. I was happy, carefree, and laughing on the inside about what happened. At that very moment, my stomach said HELLO AGAIN, IT'S TIME TO FIGHT!

That's when fear turned to panic once again as this pain told me that I had seconds to find another tree. I was sweating bad. This train of poo was coming, and it was coming fast.

I saw 2 guys and 2 girls grilling out on their back porch. I said to myself, "well, you have already pooed on tree on a public trail in front of someones house", "go ask to use their bathroom"

So I ran up to them trying to hold back the poo train. I said "Hi, my names Bryan, and I have to shit really bad. I just shit on a tree in front of someone's house about 3 minutes ago. Can I please use your bathroom or I'm going to jump in the lake."

The guy looked at me confused at first and the women were horrified. He goes "quick, this way." He ran to his bathroom and showed me the way. It was the most beautiful toilet I have ever seen in my life.

The guys dog chased me to the bathroom and was clawing at the door. I heard him growling and sniffing as the poo train left the station rapidly. I'm pretty sure that toilet will never be the same again. The dog took one big sniff and he ran away outside. Dog problem solved! I finished up and went back outside and told them "thank you for letting me destroy your toilet. I'm pretty sure the Hazmat team should be called and FEMA might call this a disaster zone. Please don't go in there for a bit, even the dog couldn't handle it" They laughed so hard, shook my hand, and now after the 2nd most awkward moment of my day, I jogged back to the trail with a fresh, clean butthole.

I found my girlfriend at the 3 mile mark. She goes "Where are you, I've been looking for you". I said, "We need to leave, RIGHT NOW!"She was confused and we jogged to the car. We get inside the car and she said "What's wrong, why did we have to leave so quick" I then explained to her the 2 Code Brown situations and how we must leave immediately.

She laughed so hard and I told her we would never again speak of that day again.

That's my code brown story. Every time I run that trail, I pass that tree and laugh because I never in my life thought I would shit on someones tree in their front yard and then ask 4 people for a toilet all in 1 run.

No more Mexican food before a run. Ever.
Quote Reply
Re: I just shit my pants mid run [jrielley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When I lived on the South Side of Chicago, I had a few memorable craps. On long run Saturdays or Sundays, I'd run north from 63rd and LSD. In the summer, I'd try to be out before it was too hot. That meant I was out before the public restrooms unlocked at 7am. The terrible cramping and urge hit me as I ran north, with only grass and the lake on my right. I fortunately, the south side LSD is remote and open, so no one saw me running wildly into the grassy to find some place to unleash. I was really fortunate that someone had a picnic the day before and left a stack of Subway napkins on the ground, spotless. It was a miracle, and so was that tree I shat behind. I continued on my planned 15 miler, only to find an unoccupied Port-a-john 1/4 mile away.

In Tulsa, the cramps hit me as I ran parallel to the Arkansas River on the trail by the railroad tracks on Turkey Mountain. The restroom was a mile up the hill. some really unlucky person driving on Riverside across the river might have seen my bare assed production.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ya got me beat on that one...just can't compete on that. You win the gold!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like a story I heard on marathon talk. There was a guy was out running in Hyde Park in London when nature called. He went around the back of some bushes and let it all out, and just as he finished a dog ran over to him. He pulled his shorts up and was about to head on his way when the dog's owner came around to find his dog. The responsible owner looked at the ground and saw the pile of crap, assumed it was from his dog, so got out his poop bag and scooped up what he could. The runner fled the scene very embarrassed!
Quote Reply
Re: I just shit my pants mid run [NUFCrichard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven't had it "in" yet, but came close countless times. Going before the run doesn't help at all either.
My local runs are close to the beach (always people around, walking the dog or whatever, be it 6AM or 10PM) and consists of 3-4-5 or 6km run out-and-back. If you would have to plant a flag for every place I had to run-for-cover-and-relief, you could walk the entire 12k run on the flags and not touch the ground.

The most memorable are when I had suffered some disastrous stomach issue's, it did not come out, it flew out, like 3mtrs futher. Although I was in the bushes, "it" was jettisoned and landed smack in the middle of the bike-path on the other side of a small water-canal. And this was in the middle of an interval run, my body was properly "fired-up". My wife came along for the "special" run since it was a long interval and she carried the fluids. Although shocked, she was impressed ....

I always carry a small packs with kid's nose-wipes, in that also my id, a 5€ note and enough paper to go at least 2x. It helps with hair being removed back there. You tend to need less paper to "clean-up", unless you clenched during firing or the gun went off to soon... In which case, you're done for anyway.

Kinda shamefull but hilarious thread though. Also somewhat comforting to find out I'm not the only one around,

S.
Last edited by: shamerli: Jun 12, 15 3:00
Quote Reply

Prev Next