Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: I just shit my pants mid run [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks to the newly-discovered [for me, anyway] Triathlon Mockery podcast, I have learned ...

Poseidon's Kiss
When water splashes up from the toilet onto your butt from your poop dropping into the water.

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Poseiden's Kiss :D

That splashing is often the most horrifying feeling to experience, especially in some of the public toilets in and around races. They have lots of composting toilets here, and the "experience" is beyond words in general, so the addition of a Poseiden's Kiss is enough to make me consider going straight home and finding the bleach.
Quote Reply
Re: I just shit my pants mid run [ianmo80] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When I lived in The Gayborhood, I was down the street from one of Philly's most legendary dives - Dirty Frank's

https://www.vice.com/...ks-if-you-love-dives

The bathroom there wasn't THAT bad - not CBGB or Max's Kansas City bad - but just the same, whenever I had to pee, I'd just leave Frank's and go back to my apartment, a couple hundred yards away

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A girl I know tweeted this yesterday -

"Found something more embarrassing than getting off the treadmill to poo, getting off the treadmill walking across the gym to the outdoor porta potties in the rain to poo because the locker rooms are under construction - Can I even go back in to the gym?"

To which I replied

"That's ultrarunner DGAF behavior - proud of you!!!"

I got a pair of Likes for that

Quote Reply
Re: I just shit my pants mid run [ianmo80] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Poseiden's Kiss :D

That splashing is often the most horrifying feeling to experience, especially in some of the public toilets in and around races. They have lots of composting toilets here, and the "experience" is beyond words in general, so the addition of a Poseiden's Kiss is enough to make me consider going straight home and finding the bleach.

Stood in the pre-race porta-john line with a friend one morning. We proceeded to enter and (upon completion) exit adjacent said portos - almost simultaneously.

She took one step out, and proceeded to stench-vomit at the doorstep. I(we) never laughed so hard as she took a bow in response to the polite (golf-tournament-like) applause from the line.
Quote Reply
Re: I just shit my pants mid run [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Had to stop at the mid point of my run today for a bowel movement. Was able to scramble up a small hill to be out of sight, but it’s early spring in BC and there is very little vegetation for wiping...dead grass does not feel good at all!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I saw a meme someplace yesterday, or the day before

"I spend two hours BEFORE the race trying to poop, then spend the whole race trying NOT TO"

Quote Reply
Re: I just shit my pants mid run [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
I remember the day this happened to me. I will never forget it.

I had eaten Mexican food before my run. I was only planning on doing 6 miles. The lake near my house has a nice paved 3 mile run loop through the woods. The first mile I felt fine. The second mile, I could feel some gas building up. The trail is saturated with people. By people, I mean lots of women and a few men. A 10:1 ratio almost. A lot of these girls went to the same university I did. Here I am at mile 2 and the bathroom is located at mile 3. My stomach is furious. It was unhappy that I had given it such delicious Mexican food and then I bounced it around for 2 miles.

I felt such an intense pressure in my bowels. I tried to fart it out. It was such a huge pressure relief. Trying to fart while running around a bunch of girls and moms is not an easy process. Stealth farts only work for a bit.

The pressure is now gone. I'm jogging again and suddenly my stomach just punches me hard and goes, yep, it's time for you to take one massive shit. I was terrified. I'm at mile 2 with 1 mile to go. There's people everywhere.

My first thought is jump in the lake and just let it out. But then, that would look weird. People would be wondering why this random guy is in the lake. I tried to walk. Have you ever tried to walk while holding back a massive flood of shit? I looked awful walking and the looks people gave me let me know they knew. They could see the terror in my eyes.

I was looking for my girlfriend. I was hoping she wouldn't find me in such a bad situation. I tried farting to relieve some pressure and felt some slippage. Fear turned to panic. I knew I wouldn't make it.

I stopped walking and stood looking at the lake. My stomach was making horrible noises and I was in pain. People were passing me oblivious to the shit storm that was coming.

Then, I saw the tree. THE TREE. The one tree that would save me. I walked fast up to this glorious, wonderful tree and it looked big enough to shield me from the runners. I had a quick decision to make. Do I unload on this poor tree or keep walking and hope for the best? I timed it just right. There weren't any runners around me that would hear the coming battle between me and my stomach.

As the pain hit me again, I dropped my running shorts and destroyed that tree. I heard people coming and thought "Why me, why today, of all places"? I was terrified someone would see and recognize me in such a vulnerable state. I unleashed everything I had on that poor tree as fast as possible. Then, I looked up and saw the people in the house in front of the tree.

I couldn't tell if they were looking at me or if they even saw me. I mean, it's pretty hard to miss a guy in a white running shirt with black shorts just shitting on your tree in your yard. I felt amazing. I pulled my shorts up, covered up the giant pile of poo with leaves and sticks and jumped back on the trail which was literally 3 feet away.

All is good I thought. I figured I had ruined my running shorts and that people could smell the horrible leftovers that may have skidmarked my shorts. My strategy was to run as far to the left and right as possible of any person I came around on the trail. I would give them at least 2 feet in hopes that wouldn't smell me. I'm sure I looked ridiculous as I ran off and on the trail trying desperately to find my girlfriend and get to my car.

I'm now about 0.25 miles away from the poor tree that was left to suffer. I was happy, carefree, and laughing on the inside about what happened. At that very moment, my stomach said HELLO AGAIN, IT'S TIME TO FIGHT!

That's when fear turned to panic once again as this pain told me that I had seconds to find another tree. I was sweating bad. This train of poo was coming, and it was coming fast.

I saw 2 guys and 2 girls grilling out on their back porch. I said to myself, "well, you have already pooed on tree on a public trail in front of someones house", "go ask to use their bathroom"

So I ran up to them trying to hold back the poo train. I said "Hi, my names Bryan, and I have to shit really bad. I just shit on a tree in front of someone's house about 3 minutes ago. Can I please use your bathroom or I'm going to jump in the lake."

The guy looked at me confused at first and the women were horrified. He goes "quick, this way." He ran to his bathroom and showed me the way. It was the most beautiful toilet I have ever seen in my life.

The guys dog chased me to the bathroom and was clawing at the door. I heard him growling and sniffing as the poo train left the station rapidly. I'm pretty sure that toilet will never be the same again. The dog took one big sniff and he ran away outside. Dog problem solved! I finished up and went back outside and told them "thank you for letting me destroy your toilet. I'm pretty sure the Hazmat team should be called and FEMA might call this a disaster zone. Please don't go in there for a bit, even the dog couldn't handle it" They laughed so hard, shook my hand, and now after the 2nd most awkward moment of my day, I jogged back to the trail with a fresh, clean butthole.

I found my girlfriend at the 3 mile mark. She goes "Where are you, I've been looking for you". I said, "We need to leave, RIGHT NOW!"She was confused and we jogged to the car. We get inside the car and she said "What's wrong, why did we have to leave so quick" I then explained to her the 2 Code Brown situations and how we must leave immediately.

She laughed so hard and I told her we would never again speak of that day again.

That's my code brown story. Every time I run that trail, I pass that tree and laugh because I never in my life thought I would shit on someones tree in their front yard and then ask 4 people for a toilet all in 1 run.

No more Mexican food before a run. Ever.

I read this story every year and it's, to use an Elaine phrase, sponge worthy.

Need to bring it back for this thread.
Quote Reply
Re: I just shit my pants mid run [Kipstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wonder what BryanD's relationship status is? Seven years later, almost*, is the same girl still in the picture? If not, has ever shared this story with subsequent women in his life?

There's a Hallmark movie in here someplace; someone needs to get a meeting with Lacey Chabert

* or more, actually, since the incident happened sometime BEFORE 2015, butt we're not sure when, exactly

Last edited by: RandMart: Apr 11, 22 8:26
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agree. I have many questions about the longterm aftermath of this story.
Quote Reply
Re: I just shit my pants mid run [maliki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
maliki wrote:
That feeling was unmistakable… and I knew a storm was coming.

It was food poisoning.

I’ve had food poisoning twice in my life and I know that once it starts, there’s nothing you can do but ride that wave of vomit and shit until it breaks.

I'd never had food poisoning in my whole life, until I had a bad bunch of oysters in Charleston last summer, our last night there

It didn't really hit me until after breakfast the next day, butt I suffered all day; nausea, sweats, chills, constant gurgling in the tummy

I soiled a couple public restrooms around town that day; however, it was the one in Charlotte, NC, while we were waiting for our connecting flight to PHL that took the most awful - yet thankfully, final - beating

Oh crap!!! I just did a quick search and I discovered that I have 39 posts in this thread, or just a little less than 12%

Last edited by: RandMart: Apr 11, 22 10:41
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:

Oh crap!!! I just did a quick search and I discovered that I have 39 posts in this thread, or just a little less than 12%

It’s never a bad thing when experts make themselves heard.

"FTP is a bit 2015, don't you think?" - Gustav Iden
Quote Reply
Re: I just shit my pants mid run [afrizzledfry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I shit my wetsuit once.

Yeah.

Anyone need a used wetsuit?
Quote Reply
Re: I just shit my pants mid run [Motoarch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It all started out with a good feast of Indian food the night before .....

A friend asked if I wanted to hit the lake for an open water swim, I thought sure .. I already swam that morning but the weather was beautiful and swimming with a buddy is always fun. During the morning swim my belly was definitely a little off but I thought no worries I'll be fine. The two of us dawned our wetsuits and headed out. About a km in I asked my partner who was constantly trailing if he wanted to push on, he said yeah lets go longer so we swam about another 500m before we turned to head back. About this point the bowels started churning ..... for about the next 500m I gently swam trying not to release the kraken. I was about 1km away from the exit point when I decided to speed up as I figured I was not going to make it going at a slow speed. I was about 500m away from the shore when I stopped and thought to myself OMG I am going to shit myself. Quick thinking I pulled my wetsuit all the way down to my thighs and let it fly. Well ... it definitely did not sink, it just continued to hang around in one large area. I quickly swam away with the wetsuit only pulled up to my waist. As I looked back I saw my mate was approaching the site of the nuclear disaster, luckily for him I managed to shout at him to steer clear just before he made contact. I did not try to put my wetsuit back on I just swam the last 500m with my wetsuit hanging around my waist.
So moral of the story ... if you need to poo while swimming in a wetsuit it is possible to shed the suit and not shit yourself.

As an add on to the story: I quickly posted about the incident in my triathlon training group chat about an incident that happened that day but I made it vague enough that a lot of the guys believed it was my buddy and not me ;)
Quote Reply
Re: I just shit my pants mid run [Yadal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Again, the link below might be aimed more for the warm water, board-shorts-wearing people

https://www.theinertia.com/...rt-of-the-aqua-dump/

Quote Reply
Re: I just shit my pants mid run [afrizzledfry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was out for a late night run and almost shit my pants. I was on a golf course and had to duck in some bushes and had one of the nastiest shits of my life. Had to practically duck walk the couple of miles back home.
Quote Reply
Re: I just shit my pants mid run [g_lev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Circling back a bit ....

g_lev wrote:
Fishbum wrote:
🤣 please for the love of God find a way to mark this tree. Next year when we are all out there suffering on the run course it will at least give us something to look forward to and laugh at.

In the area of this red circle...

It's this tree in the red circle. The red X is where my truck was parked...

I run River Road all the damn time too... I might have to put up a sign for race day (I'll be racing there in 2021 assuming we have a race season)

I don't think this is what Strava had in mind when they invented that "Local Legend" thing

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Long story short...I'm in the Far East as my user name suggests, so propensity of squat toilets quite high.

Anyway, I managed not to shit my pants, but cut it too fine and ended up with a squat toilet as my only option. Very small stall and nowhere to put my drinks flask (soft rubber thing), so I balanced it on the door lock and went to work.

Once all was deposited in the squat toilet, I heard a noise - drink flask fell to the floor and the rubber valve (that you squeeze with your teeth for the liquid to flow) flew off. I scanned the area without luck and slowly looked below to see it sitting snugly at the top of my warm and semi-loose deposit. Of course I plucked it out, gave it a rinse and put it in my pocket for future use.

I told my wife about it and to this day - two months later - she still refuses to wash my drink bottle despite me using and washing it about 50 times since.

My race site: https://racesandplaces.wixsite.com/racesandplaces
Quote Reply
Re: I just shit my pants mid run [fareastman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Didn't see this thread for a long time. Before they invented triathlon sport, runners used to call that getting "caught short" whether it was a last minute save in a bush or an alley or a full load in the britches, I always thought that was a polite term to a difficult to explain situation. Sometimes it just happens, but really isn't that big of deal. Back in the day I pretty much knew every available restroom on a variety of runs, and learned to carry TP in a zip lock bag on long runs. Now as an old fut I sometimes have been "caught short" on a 20 minute dog walk, and still know all the bathrooms around my hood. Big question is if you should pick it up in a dog bag?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would be pleased as punch to be known as the local legend of this particular strip of roadway... lol

Racing IMLP this year... I hope I don't shit on this tree again, or ever again
Quote Reply
Re: I just shit my pants mid run [G-man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I guess if you have a dog bag, it would be polite to pick up...

But when this has happened to me, there isn't anything really to pick up, at least well - it's just a sloppy pile of goo. Not a well-formed turd.

Since this incident on the IMLP run course, I have had ongoing issues with this. I now run in places where I know I am never more than about 1.5 miles from a bathroom, or at the very least good bush coverage. My usual running trail has bathrooms and portos every 1-1.5 miles. I never know if I am going to have a situation, so I like to have the access when needed
Quote Reply
Re: I just shit my pants mid run [fareastman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fareastman wrote:
I told my wife about it and to this day - two months later - she still refuses to wash my drink bottle despite me using and washing it about 50 times since.

Must be one magical water bottle; I would've tossed it on the spot, not even a a second thought

Quote Reply
Re: I just shit my pants mid run [g_lev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
g_lev wrote:
when this has happened to me, there isn't anything really to pick up, at least well - it's just a sloppy pile of goo. Not a well-formed turd.

To mix metaphors, artists, and media, these things are usually more like Jackson Pollack ...

... than Brancusi

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:

I don't think this is what Strava had in mind when they invented that "Local Legend" thing

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!

"FTP is a bit 2015, don't you think?" - Gustav Iden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slight diversion from topic, via Twitter

"If you ever wondered what would happen if your robot vacuum came upon a fresh dog poo I’m here to tell you it’s a f’ing crime scene over here and I’m not ok. Is it reasonable to throw away a brand new $500 vacuum? Or should I just burn down the house?"

Quote Reply

Prev Next