Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [JacquiAndBoudreaux] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JacquiAndBoudreaux wrote:
I've followed this post from the beginning, but I don't recall where it was proven/verified/admitted that he was/is self-coached. Could you point me to the smoking gun that ended the drama?

Post #340
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [joggernut] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I take it that he has not responded since the Trainerroad outing? Has anyone a hypothesis as to why SL crafted this lie? What was his gain?

Twenty-five years and my life is still
Trying to get up that great big hill
of hope
For a destination
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I take it that he has not responded since the Trainerroad outing? Has anyone a hypothesis as to why SL crafted this lie? What was his gain?

Judging by all the shit he shills for on his blog and twitter feed, his angle was to get a bunch of coaches on here to offer him a huge discount (read free) if he sees the error of his ways and shamelessly plugs their services 24/7.
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [sdbanker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SurfingLamb, you wasted 15 minutes of my life and I will never forgive you. If you're ever in my swim wave it will take everything I have to not severe your Achilles tendon with a box knife.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
or just blog hits so that he can tell all the folks who give him stuff look at all the traffic on my blog keep giving me shit
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [meuf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
meuf wrote:
or just blog hits so that he can tell all the folks who give him stuff look at all the traffic on my blog keep giving me shit

This is why I'm glad I didn't click the link at any point

IG: idking90
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [iank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've not seen a ploy to get web hits this badly in a long time. All he needs next is to tell us where to get free passports. I have no clue how good of quality his posts have been, but he's lost any chance of respect on here now. But he achieved his purpose, so yawn. Next hell say everyone needs to chill out and just take a joke.

------------------
@brooksdoughtie
USAT-L2,Y&J; USAC-L2
http://www.aomultisport.com
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [SurfingLamb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's an unwritten rule that all athletes do that.

Really!

I know the coaching business has become over-saturated, with in many larger triathlon markets in large urban areas, too many coaches and not enough athletes. The problem has become compounded, by the flattening out of the growth numbers in the sport, and also the availability of online "coaching", and downloaded programs that many are using for free.

However, this seems a step beyond. Sure, if you love a service, product or brand, in this day and age of social media, it's OK to toot-your-horn about it every now and then - or at least in a subtle way tell others about it. (despite all the advances of marketing word-of-mouth is still THE most effective way to market something) But it is poor form, to go out of your way to do this. Indeed, savvy consumers, will see right through that and shut you down, and you or whoever you are promoting my experience a negative back-lash against what you are trying to achieve - this thread, would be a perfect example of that.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ditto.
IMO, SL's original post lacked the disclaimer it should have had right out of the box and in clear wording (hoax or legit) regarding BSR. Don't rely on people scrolling through a lengthy ST thread to explain he was NOT referring to a well respected coach and athlete whom he represents as part of their team on this forum.
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [SusanH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hoax? Good grief. Even, I've been had!

I don't have time to work through 16 pages( Busy weekend of Race Announcing over 3-days at two events, I've been more or less off-line since noon on Friday) - can someone post up a quick brief or primer.

Although, I'll still stand by my comments, hoax or not. As usual, it's about common sense and a rational approach to things.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All you need to know is that i was first!!
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Monty,
There should be ST primes for just such things. you deserve one ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lamby has gone quiet. I see he was asking for a time crunched program from trainerroad, but we havent heard his explanation. I have been hoping for the lamb chop to return, but its all been mutton thus far.
Oh, and trucker hat.
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [joggernut] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
joggernut wrote:
I've followed this post from the beginning, but I don't recall where it was proven/verified/admitted that he was/is self-coached. Could you point me to the smoking gun that ended the drama?

Post #340

WOW!! Been off line racing all weekend and just picked up this thread to finish off my popcorn - AND THIS!!! And with all the links he has in his signature as well!!! What was the dude thinking??? Bizarre - kept me going for a while though.

Maybe I will start a similar thread just so I can keep going with this popcorn. Something along the lines of 'my bike shop asked be for my bike back with a full refund saying they were just not feeling it'. I feel like such a fool right now...............

He who understands the WHY, will understand the HOW.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There are 2 takeaways from this thread:

1) Monty was first
2) Trucker hat.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What if:
Everyone who read through this absurdity emailed his sponsors telling them we will not be purchasing products SL is associated with. Not because we're bitter about being trolled, but because this wasn't a troll, it was an attention grab for more free crap.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
There are 2 takeaways from this thread:

1) Monty was first
2) Trucker hat.

So, I clicked on the link to the BL trucker hat. Now, every time I log onto FB, an add with that trucker hat appears. Curses BL, Curses!

What I do: http://app.strava.com/athletes/345699
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The story started to unravel when it was shown that Lamb has never made a single mention of a coach in any of his dozens of posts. Very strange for a guy that shills anything and everything. Also the trainerroad questions.

Two possible explanations:
1. there was never a coach and he made it all up...d-bag
2. there was a coach and Lamb deliberately never mentioned that person in any race report or blog/social media...d-bag

Common sense says thank the people who support you.
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
ChrisM wrote:
MakeThingsRight wrote:
Time to end this drama..
I am the coach he’s referring to and who wrote the emails, and I've kept this professional the entire time. The situation as “Surfing Lamb” writes is not even close to what actually happened. He'll definitely get a refund for services not rendered. I’m glad he was able to summarize my emails and make me look like an idiot by not including ALL of the information. This is not the full story, but nothing positive can come from arguing online. Clearly since I made this account just to respond I prefer that my name/organization doesn't get negative publicity from this, but the bottom line is that if you don’t follow your coaches advice you can’t be upset when you get let go.
That’s all I’m posting about this situation. It’s over.

Over??? was it over when the germans bombed pearl harbor???

methinks it's just getting started.

oh, and re the bold.....

The Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?
Actually, it was the Japanese. But when the Americans came on to ST to complain about the attack and wouldn't name the culprit, the Germans created an account just to claim responsibility and end the drama.

-----
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
Which is probably why I was registering 59.67mi as I rolled into T2.

Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [Jctriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Epic tread. Ranks right up there with the T3 thread but not as many twists!!
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [Printer86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Printer86 wrote:
So, I clicked on the link to the BL trucker hat. Now, every time I log onto FB, an add with that trucker hat appears. Curses BL, Curses!

I have nothing to add and I don't use facebook so not sure what ad program they are using but the lady sent me a link to some american eagle panties a few weeks back so now all my ads are those.. maybe search for some panties...
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [earthling] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Surfer Lamb, if you need free kitchen cabinets let me know. Also, my great great grand uncle was the king of Kutu and have a large sum of money which is too much for a man of modest means like myself to handle in my country. I am hoping for your participation to get that money secured.... all in exchange for your fake coach trucker hat.

SmartBikeTrainers.com || YouTube || My Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [Tri Nut] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is quite clear...

SurfingLamb is "Difficult" and unbenownst to them... Slowly but surely they will make the coaching blacklist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJ2msARQsKU
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My takeaway: This thread did inspire me to thank my coach on Facebook for the progress I've made toward my A race and overall fitness this year.

I had not previously thought about heat a coach might expect/deserve in the way of public acknowledgement.

So, SurfingLamb, I have no idea whether your coaching demons are real or imagined, but this thread gave me a push in the public direction.

Sharon McN
@IronCharo
#TeamZoot
Clif Bar Pace Team 2003-2018
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [Maui5150] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SurfingLamb is "Difficult" and unbenownst to them... Slowly but surely they will make the coaching blacklist

While this thread may be a hoax and a farce( or it may not be!), here's some truths:

1. Many who get coached are clueless about training and exercise physiology (even the basics - and it's really NOT that complicated) and are getting poor advice from poor coaches. There is regular evidence of this on the forum.

2. There are great coaches who are coaching athletes who think they know everything and are constantly battling with their coaches about what to do.There is regular evidence of this on the forum to!

3. The coaching business as I mentioned in certain areas in triathlon has an over abundance of coaches. This has lead some coaches to some desperate measures to get and keep clients/business.

Last edited by: Fleck: Jun 16, 14 8:40
Quote Reply

Prev Next